PDA

View Full Version : I said this in another thread but...

kellyh3034
12-27-2011, 11:47 PM
I'll say it again. Someone else in the 2012 NFL draft will be a better QB than Luck. Mark it. Email it. Copy it. Period!

MiZFiT
12-27-2011, 11:55 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Heinegrabber
12-27-2011, 11:57 PM
I'll say it again. Someone else in the 2012 NFL draft will be a better QB than Luck. Mark it. Email it. Copy it. Period!

Egg nog abuse is alcohol abuse.

Rugby
12-28-2011, 12:03 AM
Egg nog abuse is alcohol abuse.
:lol:

Mage_Phin
12-28-2011, 12:28 AM
Thanks and which NFL team are you a scout for?

PJack
12-28-2011, 12:39 AM
Way to put yourself out on a limb...Luck against the entire field. Probably get those odds in Vegas right now. If your going to throw down, at least pick another guy or two whom you think will be better.

DudeleBroski
12-28-2011, 12:53 AM

Lol. Whats your reasoning? Who will be better? Even though math is on your side with the chance of 10 other QBs being better than 1, youre still wrong IMO.

KTOWNFINFAN
12-28-2011, 01:22 AM

More to the point, Luck will be better than any QB the dolphins will have over the next 10 years. Mark it. Email it. Copy it. PERIOD!!!

ChrisHanson
12-28-2011, 09:33 AM
Thanks and which NFL team are you a scout for?

Probably the same team as everyone else here who is claiming that they KNOW Luck will be the next Manning. ;)

I happen to agree with the OP. More often than not the "hot" QB who is picked first is not the best of his class. Of course it does happen that way, but less often.

The Confessor
12-28-2011, 10:15 AM
Probably the same team as everyone else here who is claiming that they KNOW Luck will be the next Manning. ;)

I happen to agree with the OP. More often than not the "hot" QB who is picked first is not the best of his class. Of course it does happen that way, but less often.

Right, whatever.

Next you're gonna tell me that Luck ISN'T going to be the consensus Heisman winner :up:

datruth55
12-28-2011, 10:58 AM

Luck won't be the next Manning. I think his style of play is closer to Aaron Rodgers than it is Peyton Manning, not that he'll be the next Rodgers but he's mobile, throws extremely well on the run much like Rodgers.

Anyway, interested in the OPs pick for who will be a better QB in this draft.

Kdawg954
12-28-2011, 01:21 PM
So easy to make this statement, especially without picking the guy you feel will be better.

Let me tell you, when Tiger Woods was in his prime, he was the favorite in every major he played in. He would be something like 3-1. Then you have the next 50 or so golfers anywhere from 9-1 to 150-1. After that you would have an option to take the field. You know what the odds on the field were? 5-1. Meaning any player not named Tiger, or one of the 50 golfers eligible to be bet on would qualify under "the field".

What that pretty much means is, Tiger was the favorite (just like Luck is), but the odds on some no named golfer winning out of nowhere were almost as good as Tiger's and it was much harder trying to figure out the "exact" name of the golfer who would be better.

I don't think it would surprise many people if Luck ended up not being the best QB from this class, question is A. Do you wanna bet against him? and B. Who is the guy that is gonna make that bet worthwhile?

Tunaphish429
12-28-2011, 01:35 PM
I feel like I read about this in another thread...

ChrisHanson
12-28-2011, 03:18 PM
So easy to make this statement, especially without picking the guy you feel will be better.

Let me tell you, when Tiger Woods was in his prime, he was the favorite in every major he played in. He would be something like 3-1. Then you have the next 50 or so golfers anywhere from 9-1 to 150-1. After that you would have an option to take the field. You know what the odds on the field were? 5-1. Meaning any player not named Tiger, or one of the 50 golfers eligible to be bet on would qualify under "the field".

What that pretty much means is, Tiger was the favorite (just like Luck is), but the odds on some no named golfer winning out of nowhere were almost as good as Tiger's and it was much harder trying to figure out the "exact" name of the golfer who would be better.

I don't think it would surprise many people if Luck ended up not being the best QB from this class, question is A. Do you wanna bet against him? and B. Who is the guy that is gonna make that bet worthwhile?

I don't think the point is that he KNOWS someone better, only that he believes someone will be better. I mean, it's all a guessing game anyhow. It's just as easy to proclaim Luck as the next elite QB because that's what all the talking heads are doing.

IMO, I think Luck will be a great QB and would be happy as hell to get the guy. However, there are some on this forum who believe that unless we get Luck, at any cost, our draft is a bust. I think that there are at least 2 other QB's that could be as good or better than Luck (RGIII, Tannehill) I think Jones and Foles will be good. I also think Weeden has a good chance of becoming a franchise QB, but not as good as the QB's I already mentioned.

Again though, this is really just a guess and anyone here who claims that they KNOW who is going to bust or shine at the QB position is FOS. I mean, having an opinion and backing up your opinion with clear, concise facts and info is not the same as proclaiming psychic ability. :chuckle:

ry-dbar
12-28-2011, 05:13 PM
You heard it here first. Some team will draft a very good right tackle at some point in this draft.

DudeleBroski
12-28-2011, 05:26 PM
Probably the same team as everyone else here who is claiming that they KNOW Luck will be the next Manning. ;)I happen to agree with the OP. More often than not the "hot" QB who is picked first is not the best of his class. Of course it does happen that way, but less often. Good thing scouts actually break down film and know what to look for instead of relying on superstition and how "hot" a qb is.Cam newton was the first qb off the board in 2011 and is the best rookie qb this year. 2010 Sam Bradford was the first qb picked and He was offensive roty. 2009 Matt Stafford was picked first and is the best qb from that year. 2008 Matt Ryan was the first selected and once again He is the best qb from that year.