PDA

View Full Version : We must take Kellen Moore with our third pick in the draft.

PSUFAN
12-28-2011, 04:00 PM
This kid is going to be the real deal!!! I don't care if he is 5'11", so is Drew Brees. Take the best WR in the first and the best player available in the second, then take my boy Kellen Moore, that's what i'm hoping for!!!

MadDog 88
12-28-2011, 04:03 PM
The only way I see Kellen Moore even making an NFL roster is going to a WCO with a strong QB guru who can make him decent in his system. Andy Reid perhaps.

Gonzo
12-28-2011, 04:04 PM
His height is the least of my concerns.

Tunaphish429
12-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Left handed, short and played against **** comp...

No Thanks.

Fins1980
12-28-2011, 04:15 PM
i would not mind Kellen, he is left hand version on chad p. and i dont think thats all that bad.

uscalum
12-28-2011, 04:53 PM

No Thanks.Andy Dalton? He even has red hair and he's doing well so far.

PhinzN703
12-28-2011, 04:57 PM

No Thanks.

It's hilarious how opinions vary on anything on here :lol:

PSU Cane
12-28-2011, 04:58 PM
Andy Dalton has a stronger arm than Moore. You are crazy to take Moore in the 3rd. It's way too high. Someone will take a flyer on him late in the draft but he doesn't have the arm to be an NFL starter. A backup or spot starter? Maybe.

johngarry
12-28-2011, 04:59 PM
agree. jmo the kid has that 'shoulder chip' you want a QB to have. don't think he gets to Rnd3 tho if RGIII & Jones stay.

finfan75
12-28-2011, 05:23 PM
5th round pick yes. 3rd no way. He will be a starter somewhere at least 1 game.

Chad_Henne
12-28-2011, 05:38 PM
This kid is going to be the real deal!!! I don't care if he is 5'11", so is Drew Brees. Take the best WR in the first and the best player available in the second, then take my boy Kellen Moore, that's what i'm hoping for!!!
Did u watch a Dolphins game this season? I doubt it! The last thing we need is a WR. We need a QB,Safety,OT,G,TE,in that order.

madmic21
12-28-2011, 06:09 PM
Based on Dalton's success so far we should at least honestly evaluate him.

Gonzo
12-28-2011, 07:58 PM
It's hilarious how opinions vary on anything on here :lol:Welcome to life.

ChambersWI
12-28-2011, 08:31 PM
Based on Dalton's success so far we should at least honestly evaluate him.

To be fair, part of Dalton's success is throw the ball up and let AJ Green go get it. But he has looked very good as the season went on and with Simpson and Gresham developing it helped.

I'm always for giving guys like Moore a shot. He didn't play in a spread so his numbers didn't become inflated that way. But in terms of QBs I'd be willing to take a chance on between rounds 2 and 4 he's probably 3rd on my list behind Russel Wilson and Nick Foles

LouPhinFan
12-28-2011, 09:04 PM
Andy Dalton is a caretaker QB. He's not the type that's ever going to go out and win you a game by taking the team on his shoulders. He needs a good defense and a strong running game to be successful. If those aspects of the team struggle then Dalton isn't going to make up for it like a Brees, Brady, Rivers, or even Eli Manning can.

Moore is like that as well, only with even less physical tools than Dalton (if that's possible). I don't want to make that type of QB my franchise leader. The kid's is a winner, for college in the Mountain West conference though...

ChambersWI
12-29-2011, 12:03 AM
Andy Dalton is a caretaker QB. He's not the type that's ever going to go out and win you a game by taking the team on his shoulders. He needs a good defense and a strong running game to be successful. If those aspects of the team struggle then Dalton isn't going to make up for it like a Brees, Brady, Rivers, or even Eli Manning can.

Moore is like that as well, only with even less physical tools than Dalton (if that's possible). I don't want to make that type of QB my franchise leader. The kid's is a winner, for college in the Mountain West conference though...

I wouldn't call Dalton a caretaker either. So far he's got 20 TDs 13 INTs (5 of those INTs coming in back-to-back games against the Ravens and Steelers) over 3000 yards passing and and 81.8 rating. Benson wasn't that good for the Bengals (rather inconsistent this year). He's just a great fit for Jay Gruden's offense, and the Bengals have some very good young players in Gresham, Green, and Simpson around him. Next year with a healthy Jordan Shipley I think he'll be even better... hell I wouldn't be shocked if the Bengals traded up for Trent Richardson.

ChrisHanson
12-29-2011, 12:28 AM
Did u watch a Dolphins game this season? I doubt it! The last thing we need is a WR. We need a QB,Safety,OT,G,TE,in that order.

We need a WR.

MadDog 88
12-29-2011, 04:26 AM
We need a WR.Not in the first round unless Blackmon somehow slips.

MiamiDolfan85
12-29-2011, 07:16 AM
being left-handed has nothing to do with success, but I'm sceptical of Moore.....his one credible win this season was against Georgia, but their corners are 3rd stringers at best. Bosie has better prospects in the secondary than they do, lol

LouPhinFan
12-29-2011, 08:50 AM
I wouldn't call Dalton a caretaker either. So far he's got 20 TDs 13 INTs (5 of those INTs coming in back-to-back games against the Ravens and Steelers) over 3000 yards passing and and 81.8 rating. Benson wasn't that good for the Bengals (rather inconsistent this year). He's just a great fit for Jay Gruden's offense, and the Bengals have some very good young players in Gresham, Green, and Simpson around him. Next year with a healthy Jordan Shipley I think he'll be even better... hell I wouldn't be shocked if the Bengals traded up for Trent Richardson.

The Bengals lost both the games they played in this season where the opponent went over 30 points and they themselves have only scored more that 30 points twice this season, against a horrid Jax team and against an almost as horrid Seattle team. Zimmer has done wonders with that defense. That's the reason they win games, because they consistently only score around 20 points every game. They are bottom-middle in the NFL in all team offensive categories. There are two reasons for that: Dalton is a rookie and his physical skills are limited. I think you'll see him take a step back next season since teams now have a full season's worth of film on him and the Cincy offense. He's been better than what I thought he'd be, but he's still not what I want for Miami.

Dalton is not going to win you games on his own. That's not what his skill will allow and it's not what the team philosophy is in Cincy. Moore is the exact same way, only shorter and with a weaker arm. We've had that QB here since Marino retired. Many of them. And I don't want another one.

Tunaphish429
12-29-2011, 09:40 AM
Andy Dalton? He even has red hair and he's doing well so far.

Is Andy left handed? Andy is 6 foot 2 as well. The comp thing you got me on tho.

J Tes
12-29-2011, 12:20 PM
I can't believe Chad Henne is on here saying that Miami needs a QB

SF Dolphin Fan
12-29-2011, 01:04 PM
I think Moore will end up around the 5th round. I'd definitely take a flyer on him. Incredible accuracy and ball placement. Big question is if he can survive the hits in the NFL.