PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Geek mock 12/29/11

jim1
12-29-2011, 08:33 AM
8) Miami Dolphins- Riley Reiff (OT Iowa)

What Miami really needs is a Quarterback, but with the recent success of Matt Moore, they might have played their way out of Luck, Griffin, and even Landry Jones. So instead, they'll have to go in another direction and that might be at OT. There are a lot of reasons this pick makes sense. Jake Long Long is in the final year of his contract, and there are a lot of rumors that they could trade him if they can get the #1 overall pick and take Andrew Luck. But even if Long is healthy and on the roster, which is most likely, this pick still make sense. Marc Colombo has really struggled at RT and they need to upgrade the position. Riley Reiff has enjoyed a very good season and his good quick footwork and strength in the running game has elevated him to the #2 OT spot in this draft.

http://www.nfldraftgeek.com/2012nflmockdraft.html

DolphinFan87
12-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Oh man, was that website made in 1999?

slosh13
12-29-2011, 10:43 AM
Jake long rumors? I thought it was just a debate on this site.

jim1
12-29-2011, 10:51 AM
Oh man, was that website made in 1999?

I don't know, but it works fine for me- it's a decent mock. I'm more concerned with the content than how the website looks.

I don't really see a RT as our top pick. I wouldn't mind DeCastro, but that's a special situation as he's apparently one of the best Guard prospects to come out in quite some time. He's apparently that good. Reiff? Not so sure. I'd probably rather go Michael Floyd. With Jerry playing better and Lydon Murtha coming back from injury, maybe we go TE Coby Fleener in the 3rd rd as opposed to RT. Who knows.

ShaneHulscher
12-30-2011, 08:21 PM
I live in Sioux Falls, SD and I am a DJ. I was at the Parkston, SD all high school reunion doing a dance for the all generations thing, and got to meet this Kid (Reiff) I can tell you that he is a large and imposing kid. On top of that he is incredibly high character and quite intelligent as well.

2413fanphins
12-30-2011, 09:48 PM
watch reiff tonight... he won't disapoint.

2413fanphins
12-30-2011, 09:49 PM
BUT... theres no way I don't take courtney upshaw if he's still there. I'm not even sure I don't take trent richardson over reiff...

utahphinsfan
12-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Iowa does produce Good quality pros.

I agree /w 2413, If you don't go QB then Upshaw (possibly Hightower) s/b the pick.