PDA

View Full Version : Baylor vs Washinton tonight at 9pm

MiZFiT
12-29-2011, 02:24 PM
Last chance to watch RGIII this season. Ill be tuning in to see how he fairs. I expect big numbers.

The Confessor
12-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Remind me again exactly WHY is Washington in a Bowl game.

Sorry, I won't be watching a single bowl game this season. Nada, Zilch.

MiZFiT
12-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Remind me again exactly WHY is Washington in a Bowl game.

Sorry, I won't be watching a single bowl game this season. Nada, Zilch.

Why not watch them? Everyone knows that the BCS blows humongous donkey ****. But if there is football being played, i'm watching it.

The Confessor
12-29-2011, 04:41 PM
Why not watch them? Everyone knows that the BCS blows humongous donkey ****. But if there is football being played, i'm watching it.

Meh.

I also don't watch Pro Wrestling.

There are soooooooo many damn bowl games, even teams like Washington and ASU get in. I find zero entertainment value in all the watered down bowls, nor do I pander to a corrupt system that is about 1 thing, and 1 thing only. Prying your money out of your hands.

No thanks. I have paint I need to watch dry :up:

Roman529
12-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Should be a good game....looking forward to it...I also want to look at WR Kendall Wright of Baylor...looks like he should be a 2nd rounder.

MRojas4
12-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Two throws in and geez can this kid gun the ball. Real quick release.

MRojas4
12-29-2011, 10:13 PM
Has some real wacky throws on the run, but still accurate.

Hayden Fox
12-29-2011, 10:13 PM
Wright is a mid first rounder.

RGIII can be special as long as he as a HC that adapts an offense to his strengths.

Roman529
12-29-2011, 10:16 PM
Wright is a mid first rounder.

RGIII can be special as long as he as a HC that adapts an offense to his strengths.

I am not sure Wright will go that soon, but with a good perfromanace tonight he may be a first rounder. RG3 in the first round and Wright in the 2nd would be fine with me.

datruth55
12-29-2011, 10:22 PM
Arm strength is not a question with RGIII, the arm motion is good. The issues I see are with his feet and he sure as heck didn't square up his shoulders on the roll out to the left in the redzone. His receivers do a lot of work for him. These aren't NFL routes, it's a pretty simple offense with a lot of spacing for the receivers.

I'm glad I'm getting to watch this game though, not just for RGIII but for Price the QB from Washington. I've heard a lot about Price but being on the east coast I haven't seen him play this season.

Roman529
12-29-2011, 10:46 PM
If that TD run didn't convince the doubters, nothing will.

ANUFan
12-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Geezz that TD was nasty. Question, is RG3 Injury prone?

MRojas4
12-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Wow.

ChambersWI
12-29-2011, 10:52 PM

he tore his acl 2 years ago, otherwise no.

ANUFan
12-29-2011, 10:56 PM
he tore his acl 2 years ago, otherwise no.

Okay because on that TD run..sure, he took a decent shot. However, IMO compared to some of the NFL hits it didn't seem that bad, But he seemed to be shakened. The main point being if he's going to be scrambling in the NFL he's going to be taking harder shots than that.

Hayden Fox
12-29-2011, 10:56 PM
I have specially said since the fall that RGIII would give the Miami Dolphins an element they have never had before in their storied franchise.

NOW, the Fins will have to trade up and it will cost them a 2 and 3. That can be tough to stomach. The question is...how much do you believe in him.

I really think the kid has an it factor. He will not be Cam Newton in terms of his numbers, but I think the kid can be someone to provide leadership and big plays to the most important position on the team.

hooshoops
12-29-2011, 10:58 PM
i'm only thru the first drive of the game but fellas rg3's going top 10...i'm startin to second think my stance on this kid...that arms money and he even took a pro drop and looked damn good doin it...i don't like the bail to the sideline stuff but this kids such an athlete he might get away with it...

someones takin this kid in the top 10...no doubt in my mind

Mistaquiji
12-29-2011, 11:02 PM
Not a fan of RG3's footwork, shoulders are not always squared up, and doesn't have the greatest pocket presence. The potential is un real tho as could be great. Price is looking decent out there. Guessing hes a freshman or soph?

Roman529
12-29-2011, 11:05 PM

He is bigger than Michael Vick and look at how often Vick gets smacked around. RG3 probably is a good 2-3 inches taller than Vick. I think RG3 can also gain another 10-15 pounds. I hear he is around 215...but he is pretty thick in his lower body and he doesn't need to bulk up like Tebow in his upper body. I like that he throws it over the top and not sidearmed, and he can throw it with accuracy while running.

Austin Tatious
12-29-2011, 11:05 PM
In the NFL, that touchdown run never happens. Not even close. Its a sack.

That's not to say I don't like him. I do. But, will he get broken in half by NFL defenders, especially how he plays? Durability at his size is a drawback.

With Ireland being a Baylor guy, and Ross wanting electricity, I could totally see Miami trading up for Griffin. Miami's FO may be unanimous on it.

ChambersWI
12-29-2011, 11:07 PM
Not a fan of RG3's footwork, shoulders are not always squared up, and doesn't have the greatest pocket presence. The potential is un real tho as could be great. Price is looking decent out there. Guessing hes a freshman or soph?

RS Sophomore so he's technically draft eligible. He's opened my eyes a bit this year. Should not even consider leaving early this year, but he could be an interesting prospect in a year or 2.

PJack
12-29-2011, 11:08 PM
i'm only thru the first drive of the game but fellas rg3's going top 10...i'm startin to second think my stance on this kid...that arms money and he even took a pro drop and looked damn good doin it...i don't like the bail to the sideline stuff but this kids such an athlete he might get away with it...

someones takin this kid in the top 10...no doubt in my mind

Think he's going top 3-4 hoos...Barkley staying in school guaranteed a feeding frenzy for the QB starved teams. If we want him I think we'd need to get to that third pick.

ChambersWI
12-29-2011, 11:10 PM
see, I don't see the Browns being starved for a QB like some seem to be thinking. They need weapons. Washington I've heard so many different things, I honestly don't know if they like him or not.

But for the sake of an argument, I think you are looking at us, Washington, Seattle, and KC wanting QBs.

ANUFan
12-29-2011, 11:16 PM
Who the hell is this other Qb for Washington? Looks good!

datruth55
12-29-2011, 11:17 PM
Boy Price put that one right over the defender. Nice pass.

What I'm waiting to see from Griffin is what Price is doing. Take the snap, plant the back foot and make the throw. Griffin seems to have happy feet. He's constantly in motion in the pocket, his feet are never settled.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Keith Price, R-Soph. He might be a guy to look for next year...next year's crop of QBs could be very deep.

hooshoops
12-29-2011, 11:19 PM
his accuracy on the hoof is money...money...i worry about his body taking hits at the next level but the bottom line is thats the kind of physical upside and tools you use a top 10 pick on...footworks not great i agree but god even without it the balls on point

datruth55
12-29-2011, 11:22 PM
his accuracy on the hoof is money...money...i worry about his body taking hits at the next level but the bottom line is thats the kind of physical upside and tools you use a top 10 pick on...footworks not great i agree but god even without it the balls on point

These aren't difficult passes though hoops. I haven't seen anything over 10-15 yards in this game so far.

Roman529
12-29-2011, 11:23 PM
FUMBLE!!!!! OK, he's gotta work on that. :chuckle:

ANUFan
12-29-2011, 11:24 PM
Why i'm i getting flashbacks of Henne-Moore like pocket-presence watching RG3?

hooshoops
the other thing is with the new cba your not killing yourself long term if this kid fails...you can eat his contract if you have to...if he comes out he's not sniffin outside the top 10...i don't think he's cam newton level nfl difference maker but cams success only helps his stock and people are gonna look at him as a slightly larger michael vick..and yeah guys will burn a top 10 pick on that...this new cba imo guys will be all about upside due to the now lower risk...

nfl personnel are drooling about this kids upside...he's gonna win in the interview room...who doesn't like this kid the person...i haven't met anyone...top 10 pick lock

Roman529

PRICE....be he isn't draft eligible.

PJack
see, I don't see the Browns being starved for a QB like some seem to be thinking. They need weapons. Washington I've heard so many different things, I honestly don't know if they like him or not.

But for the sake of an argument, I think you are looking at us, Washington, Seattle, and KC wanting QBs.

I think Cleveland is done with McCoy. They have two firsts which would make a fairly easy move to move up which no one else can match. Washington would be my next best guess if Snyder doesn't blow his load trying for Luck. I would like RG3, but don't think we'll be willing to give what it takes to move up. Luck just isn't going to happen unless the Rams get the pick, but we still would't give what it would take to land him.

datruth55
12-29-2011, 11:26 PM
Price is looking good. Squares his shoulders and gets his body into the throw. Another year of seasoning and this kid might be one to watch for.

ANUFan
12-29-2011, 11:27 PM
Price is looking good. Squares his shoulders and gets his body into the throw.

Far more a Real QB than RG3 in this game sofar!

datruth55
12-29-2011, 11:29 PM
PRICE....be he isn't draft eligible.

Actually he is, he was redshirted, but I don't see him coming out this year.

datruth55
12-29-2011, 11:30 PM
OK Price just showed the pocket awareness and nasty moves to get in the endzone. That was pretty sweat.

ANUFan
12-29-2011, 11:30 PM
WOW! Price...wait isnt RG3 suppose to be the better QB on the field?

datruth55
12-29-2011, 11:34 PM
Not seeing the pocket awareness everyone says RGIII has so far. He's starting to hold on to the ball as well.

datruth55
12-29-2011, 11:35 PM
Shirley is killing Griffin right now. Can't get away from that guy, I think it's 3 sacks for him so far in this game.

ANUFan
12-29-2011, 11:37 PM
Not seeing the pocket awareness everyone says RGIII has so far. He's starting to hold on to the ball as well.

This might be a problem. Honestly i feel like im watching henne or moore when it comes to pocket presence. Ive never watched RG3 play before and i can tell you so far i"m not impressed at ALL>

hooshoops
12-29-2011, 11:37 PM
the other thing i see with griffen is he has explosive stop start acceleration...explosive from a stand still...kids gonna test really damn well...in the 4.4's in the 40 which will get everyones attention and i bet he nails the damn 3 cone also

datruth55
12-29-2011, 11:38 PM
Well the first pass I've seen for Griffin that was over 15 yards and he almost got it picked off...and now Washington scores another TD. This game isn't going the way Baylor thought.

datruth55
12-29-2011, 11:40 PM
the other thing i see with griffen is he has explosive stop start acceleration...explosive from a stand still...kids gonna test really damn well...in the 4.4's in the 40 which will get everyones attention and i bet he nails the damn 3 cone also

He definitely has athletic ability out the wazoo but he's getting sacked a lot in this game. That speed isn't helping him escape the pressure. He's not sensing it and when he realizes they're on him it's too late.

ChambersWI
12-29-2011, 11:43 PM
Nobody should be shocked that Washington's offense has looked good.

1.Sark is a DAMN good coach
2.Prince had a very good year
3.Polk is a dominant RB
4.Baylor's D sucks

RG3 hasn't looked bad at all either. The one thing they do have is a very good DL.

datruth55
12-29-2011, 11:46 PM
So far in this game all but one pass has been to the sidelines. It's either a 10 yard curl route or a quick out and the receivers are getting YAC because Washington is playing so far off. I hope in the second half I see a few different routes, at least a verticle route somewhere. He's just padding stats right now.

ckparrothead
12-29-2011, 11:48 PM
Not any more impressed with RG3 tonight than I ever have been, really. Same problems.

JRoX85
12-29-2011, 11:54 PM
Cant blame Griffin Baylors Line is horrible it's hard to sense pressure when the d is in the backfield as soon as the ball is snapped

hooshoops
12-29-2011, 11:55 PM
alright i'm caught up to the half now...i've watched wash probably 5 times this season and this is by far the best the qb price has looked for them...by far

the one thing with these uber athlete qbs is they always think they can make a play and never will just throw the damn ball away to avoid a negative play...but its something griffen is gonna have to learn at the next level...i don't necessarily think he is showing no pocket presence his left tackle is getting used over and over like a wet knap and thats his backside protection he's stepped up a couple times like you'd like to see but right into the backsides wheelhouse...

i tell ya one thing though...i sure am looking forward to watching the 2nd half of this game...

ANUFan
12-29-2011, 11:57 PM
Not any more impressed with RG3 tonight than I ever have been, really. Same problems.

Kiss of Death!

hooshoops
12-29-2011, 11:59 PM
he's also takin a ton of contact...the type of contact in the pros that will have you on ir...guaranteed

ckparrothead
12-30-2011, 12:01 AM
he's also takin a ton of contact...the type of contact in the pros that will have you on ir...guaranteed

What's new? That's been happening his whole college career. It's not going to get better in the pros, it'll get worse because the NFL passing game will be too fast/complicated for him and he'll start resorting even more to his athletic instincts to bail him out.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 12:06 AM
What's new? That's been happening his whole college career. It's not going to get better in the pros, it'll get worse because the NFL passing game will be too fast/complicated for him and he'll start resorting even more to his athletic instincts to bail him out.

thats true...if you take this kid your gonna have to protect him and try to play an offense that fits his game...making this kid a pocket passer who runs on occasion may be difficult to do also... but yeah the injury concerns are major

i think more than anything thats what scares me...i think he can learn to do some things to help his shortcomings elsewhere but if he takes contact like this he'll be eating meals out of a straw

ANUFan
12-30-2011, 12:08 AM
I hope im wrong but based on what i'm seeing this doesnt look good at all and worst it has a dolphins draft written all over it!

datruth55
12-30-2011, 12:08 AM

I don't know how well he'll pick up the NFL passing game. I know Chud simplified the offense for Cam Newton in Carolina...they cut out a lot of the crossing routes of the offense and focused on what he does best which is deep outs and vertical routes to Steve Smith. I'll tell you this though, anyone who is watching this game should realize that Griffin's completion stats are a bit inflated by this simplified passing offense.

datruth55
12-30-2011, 12:09 AM
Price is putting on a clinic. He's having an outstanding game.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 12:09 AM
good god...rg3's gonna have to pull a tebow in this one...

ANUFan
12-30-2011, 12:10 AM
Damn! Can we draft Price instead?

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 12:11 AM
I don't know how well he'll pick up the NFL passing game. I know Chud simplified the offense for Cam Newton in Carolina...they cut out a lot of the crossing routes of the offense and focused on what he does best which is deep outs and vertical routes to Steve Smith. I'll tell you this though, anyone who is watching this game should realize that Griffin's completion stats are a bit inflated by this simplified passing offense.

griffen throws maybe the best vertical ball in the college game...that suckers money...but yeah tonight nothing but underneath stuff...they need to get kendall wright down the damn field

you definitely need an oc that has a vision for this kid though...no doubt

datruth55
12-30-2011, 12:11 AM
good god...rg3's gonna have to pull a tebow in this one...

lol, only problem is he doesn't have the defense to back him up.

Roman529
12-30-2011, 12:12 AM
Price is looking really good.

datruth55
12-30-2011, 12:14 AM
Wow, that was the worst pass interferance infraction I've seen in a while.

ckparrothead
12-30-2011, 12:14 AM

Cam Newton could always see the field from the pocket though. I question whether RG3 can.

datruth55
12-30-2011, 12:16 AM
Cam Newton could always see the field from the pocket though. I question whether RG3 can.

That's a good point. Newton stands tall in the pocket while Griffin seems to have some happy feet and is always looking to move out of the pocket.

Roman529
12-30-2011, 12:17 AM
I don't think RG3 will be able to take the physical hits like Cam Newton does, unless he puts on about 15-20 pounds, but then he probably would lose a little speed.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 12:17 AM
even rg3's mom looks like she doesn't like the contact he's takin...lol...i'll tell ya cam newton NEVER took contact like this last year...never...and cam delivered blows...rg3's just takin em...

datruth55
12-30-2011, 12:18 AM
I feel sorry for these guys to have Ron Cherry reffing this game. He is the worst ref in the ACC...in all of college football.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 12:19 AM
lol, only problem is he doesn't have the defense to back him up.

don't tell jim 1 that...he's already put his tebow draft call trophy on the mantle...

Casas9425
12-30-2011, 12:19 AM
CK what's your take on Ryan Tannehill?

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 12:20 AM
I feel sorry for these guys to have Ron Cherry reffing this game. He is the worst ref in the ACC...in all of college football.

agreed...horrendous...when i see him i think they picked up a junkie off the corner...lmao...whats with the locked elbow calls??? must not be able to bend it out due to all that crack...

ckparrothead
12-30-2011, 12:22 AM
I don't think RG3 will be able to take the physical hits like Cam Newton does, unless he puts on about 15-20 pounds, but then he probably would lose a little speed.

And it's important to note that Newton takes fewer and less vicious hits than Griffin, always did, even in college.

ckparrothead
12-30-2011, 12:24 AM
even rg3's mom looks like she doesn't like the contact he's takin...lol...i'll tell ya cam newton never took contact like this last year...never...and cam delivered blows...rg3's just takin em...

bingo

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

CK what's your take on Ryan Tannehill?

I'll have to get back to you on that

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 12:26 AM
And it's important to note that Newton takes fewer and less vicious hits than Griffin, always did, even in college.

there's absolutely no doubt about that...people as in dbs are afraid of cam newton heck lbs might be also..no ones afraid of contact with rg3..they're licking their chops especially when he turns his back to them on the way to the ground...good way to throw up your kidneys when you get a helmet or a knee in em

Casas9425
12-30-2011, 12:28 AM
Griffin's taking some brutal hits, just got sandwiched between 3 guys.

ANUFan
12-30-2011, 12:28 AM
Taking those kinda hits...no way this guy makes it through a full NFL season!

datruth55
12-30-2011, 12:29 AM
Is it me or does Griffin never seem to set his feet before he throws. It's like his feet are in constant motion.

PJack
12-30-2011, 12:32 AM
Clearly some of you don't like him, but with all you've pointed out as a problem, he's completed 72% of his passes, and on pace for 400 yards passing with 92 yards rushing. I see people saying it's all short stuff but thats what WA is giving playing well off the wr's. He's FAR smarter than Cam is, so I don't think picking up an offense should be a problem. My big concern is that we would run an offense that plays to his skillset. I would agree that the kid will need to bulk up a little and avoid these hits.

I would not trade the farm for him but if a fair trade is there, I'd take it for an exciting playmaker with solid mental skillset.

Casas9425
12-30-2011, 12:33 AM
Is it me or does Griffin never seem to set his feet before he throws. It's like his feet are in constant motion.

Yep. Noticed the happy feet too.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 12:35 AM
when polk fumbles that ball you have to think that a higher powers lookin out for baylor

i do like how when rg3 scrambles he is not just dropping his eye level like a chad henne...he's still looking down field...that matters...but boy is his left tackle getting destroyed pretty much every snap

datruth55
12-30-2011, 12:35 AM
Clearly some of you don't like him, but with all you've pointed out as a problem, he's completed 72% of his passes, and on pace for 400 yards passing with 92 yards rushing. I see people saying it's all short stuff but thats what WA is giving playing well off the wr's. He's FAR smarter than Cam is, so I don't think picking up an offense should be a problem. My big concern is that we would run an offense that plays to his skillset. I would agree that the kid will need to bulk up a little and avoid these hits.

I would not trade the farm for him but if a fair trade is there, I'd take it for an exciting playmaker with solid mental skillset.
Are you watching the game or just following the stat line on ESPN? He's throwing quick outs and 10 yard curls all game, no one is covering the receivers when he throws...those are high percentage passes. His receivers are working hard to get those yards. I wish someone had the YAC for the receivers in this game.

utahphinsfan
12-30-2011, 12:37 AM
Meh.

I also don't watch Pro Wrestling.

I find zero entertainment value in all the watered down bowls, nor do I pander to a corrupt system that is about 1 thing, and 1 thing only. Prying your money out of your hands.

I watched Impact then tuned in. Priorities.

You gotta pick & choose. I did not watch Cal/Texas last night. Can someone please tell me why the poison nuts from Columbus are going bowling?

For geographic reasons, I won't watch the Armed Forces Bowl.

I'm a big SEC fan & know the Big 12 got screwed esp Baylor & Okla St.

Can't wait for the Rose Bowl. I hope Okla St stomps a mudhole in a certain overhyped school from the Bay Area.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 12:37 AM
ha ha baylors d is HORRENDOUS

utahphinsfan
12-30-2011, 12:38 AM
Is it just me or is Dennison (UW) an upgrade over Spitler?

datruth55
12-30-2011, 12:40 AM
ha ha baylors d is HORRENDOUS
Price has been throwing vertical routes all game and they still have no safety help (that's what they said). Are they playing cover zero?

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 12:40 AM
speakin of happy feet how bout ej manuel...kids getting hit to much due to that young oline his feet barely touch the ground...lmao...i wonder if flo st is ruining that kid for the next level like a david carr...you can only get hit so much before it ruins you...i'm not a manuel pro fan though anyways

utahphinsfan
12-30-2011, 12:41 AM
Yep. Noticed the happy feet too.

M Vick, Favre, S Young, & Elway all had happy feet to begin with.

You'd prefer a Rob Johnson or Bledsoe clone?

PJack
12-30-2011, 12:43 AM
Are you watching the game or just following the stat line on ESPN? He's throwing quick outs and 10 yard curls all game, no one is covering the receivers when he throws...those are high percentage passes. His receivers are working hard to get those yards. I wish someone had the YAC for the receivers in this game.

Yup got the game on. You're right his passes are short but the corners are way off the ball and the safetys are barely in my picture darn near 20 yards off the the LOS. He's taking whats there and giving guys opportunity to run (something I rarely see from our QB's).

JCane
12-30-2011, 12:43 AM
These two teams are AWFUL. Can't believe Baylors defense is worse than Washington.

Roman529
12-30-2011, 12:44 AM
Damn these defenses blow. 95 points with about 17 minutes left.

datruth55
12-30-2011, 12:45 AM
speakin of happy feet how bout ej manuel...kids getting his to much due to that young oline his feet barely touch the ground...lmao...i wonder if flo st is ruining that kid for the next level like a david carr...you can only get hit so much before it ruins you...i'm not a manuel pro fan though anyways

I don't get the EJ Manuel hype and I cringe every time I see him listed in a top 5 QB list for next years draft.

RGIII just threw a stike on a square in. Most impressive pass of the night for him.

hooshoops
watched michael floyd today...something thats very apparent to me is that kid wins at the los...he beats press up...the dang qbs for dame were garbage but he wins and thats gonna translate to the pros very well

ChambersWI
Poor defense by both sides, but both Price and RG3 are making pro throws

datruth55
12-30-2011, 12:46 AM
Yup got the game on. You're right his passes are short but the corners are way off the ball and the safetys are barely in my picture darn near 20 yards off the the LOS. He's taking whats there and giving guys opportunity to run (something I rarely see from our QB's).

Well you won't see that from any QB in the NFL, lol. No defense plays that far off the receivers in the NFL but this is the norm for this offense. These passes are a staple of the passing game for Art Briles.

ChambersWI
12-30-2011, 12:46 AM
watched michael floyd today...something thats very apparent to me is that kid wins at the los...he beats press up...the dang qbs for dame were garbage but he wins and thats gonna translate to the pros very well

problem with him is all attitude

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 12:47 AM
I don't get the EJ Manuel hype and I cringe every time I see him listed in a top 5 QB list for next years draft.

RGIII just threw a stike on a square in. Most impressive pass of the night for him.

yep...the accuracy on the move underneath or not is darn impressive though also...and i like the eyes downfield when scrambling...i like that a lot

ckparrothead
12-30-2011, 12:47 AM
Kendall Wright is the most impressive player on the Baylor offense. He makes creating separation versus tight man coverage look easy. He does it nearly every play. It's amazing.

Roman529
12-30-2011, 12:48 AM

I wasn't impressed with Manuel either. I did like Floyd of Notre Dame at WR earlier today.....great hands and at 6'3" he goes up over most d-backs and brings it down in traffic. If we trade down he might be worth a look. He doesn't drop passes like Marshall.

datruth55
Both these teams look like they bust 60 points a piece tonight.

hooshoops
problem with him is all attitude

agreed...but if he gets over that the game translates very well

JCane
Both these teams look like they bust 60 points a piece tonight.

Yeap. And I bet the under.

datruth55
12-30-2011, 12:49 AM
Kendall Wright is the most impressive player on the Baylor offense. He makes creating separation versus tight man coverage look easy. He does it nearly every play. It's amazing.

Who does he remind you of in the NFL ck? When I watch him play he reminds me of a bigger Greg Jennings.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 12:53 AM
baylor may have the worst d i've seen all year...for real...

kendall wright is nice also...1st round grade

ckparrothead
12-30-2011, 12:54 AM
Who does he remind you of in the NFL ck? When I watch him play he reminds me of a bigger Greg Jennings.

That's a decent comparison but I think he's got some DeSean Jackson in him too.

datruth55
12-30-2011, 12:54 AM
Griffin held the ball there forever. Didn't sense the pressure behind him.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 12:55 AM
and baylors left tackle may be the worst i've seen also...

ckparrothead
12-30-2011, 12:56 AM
baylor may have the worst d i've seen all year...for real...

kendall wright is nice also...1st round grade

Washington is fighting hard for that honor...

TedSlimmJr
12-30-2011, 12:57 AM
These defenses are so incredibly bad. The force players on a simple sweep can't even maintain outside leverage and force the play back inside.

This is as bad fundamentally as defense can be played.... and they don't care.

madmic21
Griffin held the ball there forever. Didn't sense the pressure behind him.

ALso did not fumble on a huge rip so I think he may have sensed it a little.

datruth55
Over 400 yards rushing for Baylor.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 12:59 AM
b/t ck i'm with you on the dt tam'u or whatever his name is...i think he's a year away from being a difference maker in the pros...but he's got rare move skills for his size and he's a load...maybe more upside than paul solai...i could easily see him going in the 1st round though...i'm a fan of his upside

not sure i see ngata but who knows...

Roman529
12-30-2011, 12:59 AM

He reminds me a lot of OJ MCDuffie....a little under 6 feet tall with a solid build and great hands/speed. Wow, this game is fun to watch.

ChambersWI
12-30-2011, 01:01 AM
Sad thing is, Washington does have some nice prospects on D... it's just outside of Desmond Trufant and Ta'amu they're all sophomores and freshmen

datruth55
12-30-2011, 01:02 AM
He reminds me a lot of OJ MCDuffie....a little under 6 feet tall with a solid build and great hands/speed. Wow, this game is fun to watch.
McDuffie? McDuffie was slow, 4.6 40 speed.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 01:02 AM
much more explosive than mcduffie...much more

JCane
12-30-2011, 01:04 AM
After this abortion of a football game, you might be able to once again make the argument that defense in fact does win championships.

utahphinsfan
12-30-2011, 01:07 AM
Sad thing is, Washington does have some nice prospects on D... it's just outside of Desmond Trufant and Ta'amu they're all sophomores and freshmen

Dennison is a Senior

http://www.gohuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/dennison_cort00.html

Roman529
12-30-2011, 01:08 AM
McDuffie? McDuffie was slow, 4.6 40 speed.

4.6? Maybe after his toe injury? :chuckle: He was faster than that. I was mainly referring to his build though as being similar to Wrights.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 01:08 AM
price is ballin

guys whats the thought on the long haired te for dame??? i'm on the fence with him

Casas9425
12-30-2011, 01:09 AM
Baylor's defense is an absolute joke.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 01:09 AM
remember that freshman te's 2 word last name...i'm big on this kid

TedSlimmJr
12-30-2011, 01:10 AM
b/t ck i'm with you on the dt tam'u or whatever his name is...i think he's a year away from being a difference maker in the pros...but he's got rare move skills for his size and he's a load...maybe more upside than paul solai...i could easily see him going in the 1st round though...i'm a fan of his upside

not sure i see ngata but who knows...

He'll make an impact early. He's not Paul Solia.

He's not quite as fast as Ngata was for that size, but nobody really is. He's as close to Ngata as I've seen for a man that size, which is what I said, not that he is Ngata. He's better than Phil Taylor or Kenrick Ellis were at that size.

Roman529
12-30-2011, 01:11 AM
I checked Kendall Wright's stats and he averages about a 4.42 so yeah I guess he'd whup on McDuffie. See I am getting old now fellas. :lol2:

PJack
12-30-2011, 01:11 AM
OMG the tackling is atrocious....stunningly bad.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 01:12 AM
1500 yards in this one before she's over

ChambersWI
12-30-2011, 01:12 AM
price is ballin

guys whats the thought on the long haired te for dame??? i'm on the fence with him

Eifert? Hard to say. Probably more athletic than the his 3 predecessors who were all 2nd round picks (or at least has a higher ceiling) but he's playing in Brian Kelly's offense

Roman529
12-30-2011, 01:13 AM
price is ballin

Eiffert? He is Top 5....I like the TE from Clemson.....Dwayne Allen.

Austin Tatious
12-30-2011, 01:13 AM
This complete and utter lack of defense is pissing me off. This is ridiculous and not what football should be. Everybody just scores all day. We might as well just be timing them in drills at the combine. You may as well not count this as "game conditions." All we can do is look at athleticism like we do at the combine.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 01:14 AM
He'll make an impact early. He's not Paul Solia.

He's not quite as fast as Ngata was for that size, but nobody really is. He's as close to Ngata as I've seen for a man that size, which is what I said, not that he is Ngata. He's better than Phil Taylor or Kenrick Ellis were at that size.

phil taylors been damn good in cleveland...yeah i think he'll contribute before solai...i don't know if he''ll be as ready as taylor has shown to be from the jump though...but he's a very nice prospect and man is he thick in the lower half

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 01:15 AM
yeah eifert...tough call i agree...

Austin Tatious
12-30-2011, 01:17 AM
I think you guys are under-selling Soliai. Yeah, it took him awhile to get there. '07-'09 he was barely getting by. But now he is damn good. Major asset for Miami. He is the number one reason for Miami's strong run D.

TedSlimmJr
12-30-2011, 01:20 AM
I think you guys are under-selling Soliai. Yeah, it took him awhile to get there. '07-'09 he was barely getting by. But now he is damn good. Major asset for Miami. He is the number one reason for Miami's strong run D.

Who's under selling Solia? I didn't see anybody say he wasn't any good. Fact is, it took him a few years to develope.

Ta'amu is a lot closer to being NFL ready as a rookie than Solia was when he left Utah. Phil Taylor was damn good when he left Baylor, Ta'amu is even better in my opinion.

Austin Tatious
12-30-2011, 01:21 AM
Kendall Wright looks like a gamer. If I'm Bellicheat at the bottom of round I, I am on him like white on rice. He may be better than Alshon Jeffrey who looks over-rated to me.

ChambersWI
12-30-2011, 01:23 AM
Kendall Wright looks like a gamer. If I'm Bellicheat at the bottom of round I, I am on him like white on rice. He may be better than Alshon Jeffrey who looks over-rated to me.

Wright may not last till either of the Patsies picks.

hooshoops
no we like solai...but his rookie year that cat was on skates...he took time to develop but if he exits stage left after this season and we stay in the 34 i'd be on tamu with our 2nd round pick should he get there...he'd be in play i know that

Roman529

Bellicheat better fix his defense and get someone who can rush the passer. Their defense is getting killed because of it....what I hate is the Pats always have like 2 picks in each round.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 01:24 AM

i'm with you on that

datruth55
12-30-2011, 01:26 AM
If the Pats are committed to the 4-3 defense they moved to then I'm guessing they go defense, probably a linebacker.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 01:27 AM
ideal scenario wash goes up 3 with 130 left...and we get rg3 one more time on a final drive

please let it happen

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 01:29 AM
If the Pats are committed to the 4-3 defense they moved to then I'm guessing they go defense, probably a linebacker.

if i'm the pats i take kendall wright if he gets to me...no doubt

Austin Tatious
12-30-2011, 01:30 AM
Yeah Bellicheat needs an OLB and there are alot out there. But their offense would be helped by an outside receiver. Their top guys -- Gronk, Welker, Hernandez--are slot guys. I'd hate to face their O with Wright out there, on top of dealing with their slot guys and the maestro pulling the trigger. We're always a step behind them.

Jeffery's measurables are ridiculous, though. Maybe I am jaded by Sidney Rice, who has only really been good for about a year.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 01:35 AM
the pats wrs outside of welker can't win consistently vs man coverage anymore...too old...wright would be an awesome pick for them...hell i'm gonna forecast it in my mocks...but he could be gone already

ckparrothead
12-30-2011, 01:40 AM
Really interested in Salubi based on this performance. And that young TE that hoops mentioned I think, Jenkins.

datruth55
12-30-2011, 01:42 AM
if i'm the pats i take kendall wright if he gets to me...no doubt
I doubt they would take him simply because when it comes to drafting WRs the Pats suck. Bethel Johnson - 2003, P. K. Sam - 2004, Chad Jackson - 2006, Matt Slater - 2008, Brandon Tate and Julian Edelman - 2009 and Taylor Price - 2010. Tate was an excellent return man but I think they cut him.

Belichick has no patience with WRs and developing them. He prefers to trade for a guy or sign a free agent, of the 5 WRs on their roster only Edelman was drafted. Welker (trade), Ochocinco (FA), Branch (trade), Underwood (FA) are the others.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 01:45 AM
somebody tell big boy there's a reason you play dt and thats not it...

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 01:46 AM
kinda smells like one of those nights where griffen may announce his decision during the post game intervew...kinda

Roman529
12-30-2011, 01:47 AM
somebody tell big boy there's a reason you play dt and thats not it...

He had five guys trying to bring him down. Ahahahahaaa.

Roman529
12-30-2011, 01:48 AM
kinda smells like one of those nights where griffen may announce his decision during the post game intervew...kinda

You could be right. I hope he goes pro as it would give us a little more flexibility and leverage with our picks. Maybe he sleeps on it and tells everyone on Monday, after the New Year's Weekend??? Was that guy dry humping RG3??? What was that on the ground? :lol:

JCane
12-30-2011, 01:49 AM
At least I got lucky with Baylor covering the -9 spread.

:up:

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 01:51 AM
he's coming out...i bet money

datruth55
12-30-2011, 01:51 AM
Sounds like he's coming out.

TedSlimmJr
12-30-2011, 01:54 AM
Baylor won this game by getting it done on the ground with Ganaway. Washington routinely had nobody in the middle of their defense due to the insane spacing and splits Briles uses with his WR's. You don't see anybody with receivers lined up outside the numbers on both sides of the field.

I was waiting for a football game to breakout at some point during this AND1 matchup of Big-12 and Pac-10 defenses.... just not capable.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 01:55 AM
rg3 top 10 pick...book it

i get what everyones sayin and i agree that he's got issues as a player and major injury concerns but at the end of the day someone will roll the dice on that talent...and it will be in the top 10

and he's gonna light the combine on fire test wise so get ready for it...

PJack
12-30-2011, 01:58 AM
At least I got lucky with Baylor covering the -9 spread.

:up:

What the hell was the over on this game....110???

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 02:00 AM
they just dropped a 60 burger on the scoreboard...rg3's already countin benjamins...

JCane
12-30-2011, 02:05 AM
What the hell was the over on this game....110???

78 lol.

And I bet the under for the same reason that I bet a lot of unders during the bowl season. But, sometimes these things happen

Jamaicankid21
12-30-2011, 02:07 AM
I can't bash RGIII for having a not so "great game" on the stat sheet he was great, but if you watched the game he wasn't that great. I want RGIII and I will be the first to admit it. Honestly though, the whole game Washington was scared of RGIII throwing and played a prevent defense. Corners 8-12 yards off the WRs, Safeties playing deep. IT was RIDICULOUS. All Washington did was play the screen and run the ball and they didn't make any adjustments.

TedSlimmJr
12-30-2011, 02:13 AM
I've seen much more puzzling picks than Robert III going in the top 10. I watched a 140 pound kick returner with her foot in a protective boot go #9 overall. I saw Blaine Gabbert go #11 overall.

I wouldn't take him in the top 10 but that's just my opinion.... and it damn sure ain't based off one game.

Jamaicankid21
12-30-2011, 02:35 AM
RGIII has the tools to be a good qb and the talent..now actually being it in the NFL is different..Henne had the tools though but never developed like we wanted..if I'm staring RGIII in the face, Id take the risk..We need a coach who actually knows QBs nd can coach him up..

dolfan91
12-30-2011, 02:57 AM
Where my eyes deceiving me or was RGIII the SMALLEST Guy in the Huddle!!! he looked shorter than his WR's!!! is it me or does RGIII have BUST written all over him? sorry fellas, I'm not buying in on the RGIII QB bandwagon!!! I could care less about his athleticism or his arm, he never looks at more than the 1 receiver on any play, except when he runs out of the pocket!!! at barely 6'0" and maybe 200lbs he SCARES me!!!

NorFlaFin
12-30-2011, 10:52 AM
I keep seeing RGIII = Jake Plummer; the rollout king.

3rdandinches
12-30-2011, 11:01 AM
I keep seeing RGIII = Jake Plummer; the rollout king.

I see RG3 having a career of - over/under of 10 games a year QB

dolfan91
12-30-2011, 11:05 AM
So far in this game all but one pass has been to the sidelines. It's either a 10 yard curl route or a quick out and the receivers are getting YAC because Washington is playing so far off. I hope in the second half I see a few different routes, at least a verticle route somewhere. He's just padding stats right now.I've read in articles around the web, that Baylor's offense is set up like that!!! So RGIII doesn't have to read the whole field!!! It's a 1 read and throw type offense .. not impressed at all with him ... I know I'm in the minority on this ... but I wouldn't take him ... not questioning his athletic ability and accuracy, my doubts come from his size and ability to read a defense ...

TedSlimmJr
12-30-2011, 03:01 PM
I've read in articles around the web, that Baylor's offense is set up like that!!! So RGIII doesn't have to read the whole field!!! It's a 1 read and throw type offense .. not impressed at all with him ... I know I'm in the minority on this ... but I wouldn't take him ... not questioning his athletic ability and accuracy, my doubts come from his size and ability to read a defense ...

You have to keep in mind that Briles was a Wishbone Veer Option coach for the first 8 or so years of his coaching career. What he does now is nothing more than a Veer Option offense with a lot of "pixie dust" or window dressing. When Briles was at Houston, his favorite concept with Kolb was 4-verticals, smash, and the Run&Shoot switch route. That is the only full field read in the passing game. Everything else is half field read (Smash, Flood, etc.)

They run a "zone read", but it's actually Inside (inverted) Veer. The long runs by Ganaway happened using the Inside Veer. The Pitch Read is actually a fast screen. Baylor's running game is Veer, PowerO (Flash), Dart, and GT Counter. Add in the window dressing and you have Baylor's offense.

The fast screens are essentially the pitch phase of Veer, and an extension of the running game. It's all about pushing the ball down field to their WR's that could make up a 4X100 relay team off the Inverted play action fake.

The concept they do so well is the 4-verticals (Leach style), just like Mike Leach used to run at Texas Tech. The Run & Shoot concepts are that he 'tags' his receiver routes. In other words, he tells them "dont run to be covered".... once they reach a certain yardage off their vertical stem (typically around 12-15 yards) they're required to adjust the route based off the DB's leverage. You're always going to have an open receiver this way, the backside safety MUST play the opposite hash first. That's why his route combinations look so different. He can't run shallow or mesh with the insane spacing he uses with his WR's split outside the numbers on both sides of the field.

The funny thing about all this is the terminology that Briles uses, it truly is HIS terminology. Over the years, he just picks stuff he likes, names it, and that's what they run. No playbook.

They install int he Spring and Fall. When Fall camp is over, the schemes are in and that's what Baylor runs all year long. They only add formations, shifts, and motions.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 03:06 PM
how would you rate the difficulty of the offense for the qb position in briles o relative to malzahns offense with newton at auburn last season slimm???

TedSlimmJr
12-30-2011, 03:07 PM
Baylor was killing Washington by putting 2 WR's into the boundary and running that WR screen. Kendall Wright is a beast blocking on the perimeter.

It forced Washington to move the weakside safety outside to the 2 WR side. When Washington made that adjustment, Ganaway started creasing the dive and breaking those big runs. There was nobody in the middle of Washington's defense anymore.

If you pay attention, both the Inverted Dive play and the WR screens had the same backfield action and blocking scheme which made it nearly impossible for Washington's DC to pick up on.

TedSlimmJr
12-30-2011, 03:24 PM
how would you rate the difficulty of the offense for the qb position in briles o relative to malzahns offense with newton at auburn last season slimm???

I'd say it's about the same. Malzahn didn't use a playbook with either... they used flash cards to signal in the same 4 or 5 plays depending on where they were on the field, they'd just change the formation.

Malzahn ran a faster paced no huddle. His goal is to run as many plays as possible in a game (usually 80 plays was the least Malzahn would be satisfied with).

Malzahn's running game was a little more "power" based (Pulling guard, double team at the point of attack, etc.) and used Lutzenkirchen as an H-back to get the kick-out or pin-and-pull on the backside DE.

Briles offense is more finesse, as he uses mostly 10 or 11 personnel.

The passing games are very similar in simplicity, but different concepts. Cam threw more NFL routes in Malzahn's offense. They ran more outs and deep crossing routes.

I mean, Cam couldn't even call a play when Jon Gruden asked him to call a play that he would run at Auburn. Obviously that didn't mean much....

datruth55
12-30-2011, 03:27 PM
I'd say it's about the same. Malzahn didn't use a playbook with either... they used flash cards to signal in the same 4 or 5 plays depending on where they were on the field, they'd just change the formation.

Malzahn ran a faster paced no huddle. His goal is to run as many plays as possible in a game (usually 80 plays was the least Malzahn would be satisfied with).

Malzahn's running game was a little more "power" based (Pulling guard, double team at the point of attack, etc.) and used Lutzenkirchen as an H-back to get the kick-out or pin-and-pull on the backside DE.

Briles offense is more finesse, as he uses mostly 10 or 11 personnel.

The passing games are very similar in simplicity, but different concepts. Cam threw more NFL routes in Malzahn's offense. They ran more outs and deep crossing routes.

I mean, Cam couldn't even call a play when Jon Gruden asked him to call a play that he would run at Auburn. Obviously that didn't mean much....

He called a play...he said 38...38 is a play, lol.

TedSlimmJr
12-30-2011, 03:38 PM
He called a play...he said 38...38 is a play, lol.

Apparently he meant that's how many touchdowns he was going to score as a rookie...

datruth55
12-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Apparently he meant that's how many touchdowns he was going to score as a rookie...

Never saw it coming. I guess if he scores 4 TDs this weekend we can add prophet to his rookie of the year campaign.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 03:42 PM
Never saw it coming. I guess if he scores 4 TDs this weekend we can add prophet to his rookie of the year campaign.

i did...ok not 40 tds as a rook but a guy who was gonna maybe redefine the game as a duel threat...kids rediculous...god i wish he was our qb...game days would be good times...even with the losses right now

datruth55
12-30-2011, 04:37 PM
i did...ok not 40 tds as a rook but a guy who was gonna maybe redefine the game as a duel threat...kids rediculous...god i wish he was our qb...game days would be good times...even with the losses right now

Yeah, yeah I know you said you would take him...but you're a sucker for a big arm anyways, lol.

Cam still has a lot to improve on but Carolina, it seems, as the main piece to the puzzle now. Just need to build a team aorund him. Another WR or two to pair up with Steve Smith and a defense...although they did have a lot of injuries on defense this year. Could be interesting next year, they might take the #2 spot in that division over Atlanta if the defense comes together. If they lose Chud though, might be trouble cause Chud has completely adapted his offense to Cam and he's added some new wrinkles every week. Most "established" OCs would have tried to shoehorn Cam into their offense.

utahphinsfan
12-31-2011, 02:13 PM

Slimm; I'd be interested on a your thoughts comparing the aforementioned & what Urban Meyer runs.

p.s. I did notice (for obvious reasons) some variation between UM's tenure in SLC & Gainesville.

utahphinsfan
12-31-2011, 02:18 PM
Most "established" OCs would have tried to shoehorn Cam into their offense.

Was that a crack @ Dan Henning? :err: