PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins Eye RGIII?

SimplytheBess
12-29-2011, 03:11 PM
Saw this on ESPN insider rumor mill. Can someone post the story if they have access? Would like to read it. Thanks

TrinidadDolfan
12-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Double Face Palm

Casas9425
12-29-2011, 04:00 PM
Mel Kiper said on ESPN that the Dolphins are the best fit for RG3 and he also said he would be shocked if Griffin returned to school.

mrbunglez
12-29-2011, 04:09 PM
I don't understand how he'd be a good fit here now that Sparano is gone.
I can understand when Sparano was here he'd fit right in with the wildcat spread type offense, but we don't even know who the coach will be let alone what kind Of offense they plan on running.

Casas9425
12-29-2011, 04:44 PM
I don't understand how he'd be a good fit here now that Sparano is gone.
I can understand when Sparano was here he'd fit right in with the wildcat spread type offense, but we don't even know who the coach will be let alone what kind Of offense they plan on running.

Kiper said a new coach will build the offense around Griffin.

RZA
12-29-2011, 05:46 PM
If we could get RGIII without trading up and then nab Kendall Wright with our 2nd I'd be super pumped

datruth55
12-29-2011, 05:56 PM
Mel Kiper said on ESPN that the Dolphins are the best fit for RG3 and he also said he would be shocked if Griffin returned to school.

Sometimes Mel Kiper talks cause he loves the way he sounds on TV. I swear this guy tapes every moment of himself on TV so he can get back home and play it over and over and over.

How in the heck are the Dolphins the best fit for RGIII when we don't even know who are head coach is going to be, we don't know what offense we're going to run and we certainly don't have an OC or a QB coach, right now, with a track record of coaching up a QB? That's an absurd statement.

datruth55
12-29-2011, 05:57 PM
Kiper said a new coach will build the offense around Griffin.

Would that be before or after Jeff Ireland has spent 3 more first round picks on O-lineman?

Valandui
12-29-2011, 06:42 PM
God I hope not.

Hayden Fox
12-29-2011, 06:57 PM
RGIII is a face of the franchise signal caller.

OnslaughtXX6
12-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Count me in the RGIII Bandwagon.

Austin Tatious
12-29-2011, 07:44 PM
I like Griffin but durability at his size concerns me.

MRojas4
12-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Everything I'm reading basically point at RGIII with the Fins, no matter what the cost.

ESPN, I believe Mel or McShay one of those 2 clowns talking about the Fins trading up to take RGIII at the 2 spot.

SMadison29
12-30-2011, 12:53 AM
Saw this on ESPN insider rumor mill. Can someone post the story if they have access? Would like to read it. Thanks

This is the only thing of any substance from the blurb: "Dolphins General Manager Jeff Ireland used his hometown connections to draft Abilene Christian wide receiver Clyde Gates in the fourth round last April," Brian Biggane of the Palm Beach Post wrote. "Now the question beckons: Might he use his alma mater connections to find the franchise quarterback owner Stephen Ross has said he wants so badly?"

Jamaicankid21
12-30-2011, 02:04 AM
I'd trade up for him. Reason why people are saying we would be the best fit for him because 1. Marshall, 2. Bess 3. Reggie Bush. Not a bad core of guys. I mean the only other team that really needs a QB are Cleveland maybe, and Washington. Who would you say would be the best fit from the 3 teams...

whodizking
12-30-2011, 03:28 AM
Let's get RG3!!!! I'm sold until further notice.... I will say I was sold on Barkley over Luck too so what do I know lmao. Wish we had our choice of either of them lol.

I wasn't sold on Cam but that kid is special and I feel RG3 is too after watching him this season. He is a mix of Vick and Cam I just hope his smaller Vick type size can hold up but his deep ball is wonderful. He needs more help on the medium passes and corner , back shoulder throws. But the kid is smart and will make the right moves to get this.

Aqua and Orange
12-30-2011, 03:54 AM
If the Rams somehow get that #1 pick, I still offer the farm for Luck. RG3, you are a consolation prize as far as I am concerned.

whodizking
12-30-2011, 04:13 AM
If the Rams somehow get that #1 pick, I still offer the farm for Luck. RG3, you are a consolation prize as far as I am concerned.

I'll agree with that. Dam would it be nice to somehow work a trade for Luck or at least land RG3

Buff
12-30-2011, 07:02 AM
Mel Kiper will come out with at least 20 headlines between now & draft day about the dolphins eyeing any of the top draft prospects. He is sure to hit on at least one name. The man is a goose.

If the Dolphins DON'T look at or consider Griffin, then the GM & whatever coach we sign should be sacked.