PDA

View Full Version : Rg3!!

DolfanMan4Life
12-29-2011, 11:01 PM
All I had to watch was the first series of the bowl game. I'm sold I say trade up and make it happen. He is easily the next Cam Newton as a rookie and has special talents with an unlimited ceiling......i hate to admit it bcuz I know I am gonna take heat but I'd rather have him then Luck. Way more versatile and dangerous every time he touches the ball....any one else agree? Please share!

finfan54
12-29-2011, 11:03 PM
just wonder what bigger and faster harder hitters of NFL will do to him aside from what Washington.
RG3 and reggie bush. hmmmmmmm

foozool13
12-29-2011, 11:07 PM
You're entitled to your opinion but no way I take him over than Luck. At the same time I would be VERY happy with RG3.

finfromthenorth
12-29-2011, 11:12 PM
RGIII would be a fantastic consolation prize. I just hope we get one of them

Gsmack_42
12-29-2011, 11:13 PM
Sorry to tell you UW D hasn't been good since 1991.

gardena19
12-29-2011, 11:17 PM
Want this guy on my team so bad.....wonder if 2 #1's will be enough for the Rams....assuming they pick second...

Travis34
12-29-2011, 11:54 PM
I'd take him, and maybe even trade up for him, but I wouldn't give a ridiculous amount. I like that he is an intelligent person and supposedly he looks to throw first and stay in the pocket, I'd think he'd realize his own body's limits. Tonight he seemed to be trying to run a lot, but it did seem there was no one to throw to.

ckparrothead
12-29-2011, 11:59 PM
I'll pass.

Casas9425
12-30-2011, 12:11 AM
I'll pass too. Way too small. He's gonna get crushed on Sundays.

DolfanMan4Life
12-30-2011, 12:22 AM
Matt Moore 6'3" 203lbs. Cam newton 6'5 240 lbs. Aaron Rodgers 6'3" 225. Mike Vick 6'0" 215.....RG3 6'2" 220 he is not to small!!!! And he hasn't had an NFL strength and conditioning program yet. He will be a playmaker and the 2nd qb drafted If not the 2nd over all pick.

JCane
12-30-2011, 12:29 AM
Someone has a college man crush.

TedSlimmJr
12-30-2011, 12:31 AM
Griffin might last 8 games against an SEC schedule. It's possible, but not likely.

For all of his athletic ability, he gets sacked more than a guy like Ryan Lindley does. He can't see the field from inside the pocket, and holds the football too long when he's not throwing the quick screen or vertical route downfield off the zone read play action.

He's attempted 4 passes the entire game that were contested throws.... the near pick towards the end of the first half in the middle of the field, the bogus pass interferrence call on the vertical route, the deep pass into double coverage to Kendall Wright, and the deep out he just threw. All four incompletions, and 2 of them were almost intercepted.

All of his completions are uncontested throws on the quick screen. But that's not new, it won him the Heisman Trophy.

I don't see a 1st round pick at quarterback. I see a system quarterback who makes a good project.

JCane
12-30-2011, 12:41 AM
These are two awful football teams...

utahphinsfan
12-30-2011, 12:44 AM

What exactly does that make a certain private school in Coral Gables?

JCane
12-30-2011, 12:46 AM
What exactly does that make a certain private school in Coral Gables?

So because I'm a Miami fan and Baylor and Washington both suck...**** I don't even know what your point is.

:lol: :lol:

Look, I know Miami sucks. I'll be the first one to destroy that lousy football team. But what does Miami sucking have to do with these two awful football teams?

Please, tell me the point you were trying to make for relevant football discussion. I'll wait...

JCane
12-30-2011, 12:48 AM
Had my username been Willy Rectum what clever comment would you have came up with in response to my comment that both of these teams are awful?

datruth55
12-30-2011, 12:53 AM
Had my username been Willy Rectum what clever comment would you have came up with in response to my comment that both of these teams are awful?

Same thing, lol. What does that make your rectum? lol

Jamaicankid21
12-30-2011, 02:00 AM
He didn't have a great game, but anybody who has watched his previous game would know he can throw the ball. Anybody who saw Washington defense knew the corners were playing 15 yards off Baylors WRs all game, and had two safeties deep all game, even sometimes 3. You take what the defense gives you. Why make him force it if they are taking away his deep ball. When you drop 7 to 8 all game its going to happen, reason why Baylor had over 400 rushing yards I believe. ONE GAME is just a SAMPLE size. If we are going to look at one game what about the Sooners game where he destroyed that defense throwing down-field.

Roman529
12-30-2011, 02:10 AM
I have mixed feelings about RG3. I think he has all kinds of athleticism, great speed, mobility, accuracy on his throws (over 70%), and the ability to scramble and throw it on the run. But, running QB's who don't go out of bounds get busted up, and I think from watching some of Baylor's games, he has gotten hit pretty hard, and he will get hit much harder in the NFL. You also have to look at the types of defenses he has faced.

If he is there on the board I would probably take him, but I don't feel we should trade up and give up numerous picks for him. I think the Jaguars or Skins will likely take him so it is probably a moot point talking about what he might do for the Phins. I think wherever he ends up, they will have to build an offense around his strengths and weaknesses....he is going to need great lineman to keep him healthy. Also, if he goes back to Baylor it's really going to be a moot point, but I think he will come out. He has his degree and his best receiver Kendall Wright is going pro.

TedSlimmJr
12-30-2011, 02:17 AM
He didn't have a great game, but anybody who has watched his previous game would know he can throw the ball. Anybody who saw Washington defense knew the corners were playing 15 yards off Baylors WRs all game, and had two safeties deep all game, even sometimes 3. You take what the defense gives you. Why make him force it if they are taking away his deep ball. When you drop 7 to 8 all game its going to happen, reason why Baylor had over 400 rushing yards I believe. ONE GAME is just a SAMPLE size. If we are going to look at one game what about the Sooners game where he destroyed that defense throwing down-field.

Oklahoma's defense is bad too. Seth Doege destroyed the Sooners defense throwing down field to the tune of 440 yards, 4 TD's and 0 INT's.

KingDolphin57
12-30-2011, 02:19 AM
Rg3 all the way.

Jamaicankid21
12-30-2011, 02:29 AM
Oklahoma's defense is bad too. Seth Doege destroyed the Sooners defense throwing down field to the tune of 440 yards, 4 TD's and 0 INT's.

True, but he was making throws, staying within the pocket and doing things you want your qb to do.. What about TCU as well. I mean he didn't have a great game today and didn't throw the ball downfield, but when a team is pretty much playing a prevent defense all game, this is what your going to get..I saw him stay in the pocket in the first half, get hit nd still put the ball on target.. Then I saw him miss a pass deep he usually hits nicely, then he underthrew another one..I will agree he does take off too soon without staying in the pocket but at the same time you usually don't see the bad throws he made today..

sinPHIN
12-30-2011, 03:57 AM
man the "experts" want weeden and everything you guys say about him is the exact thing you say about rg3, exept rg3 can run. weeden is a system qb too. stop stop stop please. and if you wouldnt be happy with rg3 something is wrong. get excited about it. to much negativity. no matter who we get i will always find away to like the pick, untill they turn into tedd ginn, or fletcher. this guy has some real talent and lots of potential.
correct me if im wrong but werent most "experts" on here saying newton wasnt going to do anything. hell i doubted him, but he had so much potential and he is living up to it. rg3 has potential to be a franchise qb, weeden and anyone else not named luck is in the same ball park as the top two imo. maybe a duel threat qb is what we need.
the only thing i know for sure is we need to get one of luck or rg3. def give up more for luck, or trade up for rg3 with a player 1st and 3 and a pick next year.

Fin_Frenzy_84
12-30-2011, 04:19 AM
I'll will be so happy to take him. Dolphins fans were hard on newton and I really wanted him. Not as many fans are as hard on RGIII though but that kid can pass and run. I would love him in Miami. At the same time though Matt moore had some real good games. I have no clue what we will do this season.

whodizking
12-30-2011, 04:29 AM
RG3 has the IT CLUTCH FACTOR!!!! I'll take that and his potential all day. Now note I would prolly take Barkley over him if he came out and like Luck but felt Barkley pass him on performance. But I didn't get to see also of Luck or RG3 first few games. But I'm sold on RG3 until further notice

Hayden Fox
12-30-2011, 06:15 AM
man the "experts" want weeden and everything you guys say about him is the exact thing you say about rg3, exept rg3 can run. weeden is a system qb too. stop stop stop please. and if you wouldnt be happy with rg3 something is wrong. get excited about it. to much negativity. no matter who we get i will always find away to like the pick, untill they turn into tedd ginn, or fletcher. this guy has some real talent and lots of potential.
correct me if im wrong but werent most "experts" on here saying newton wasnt going to do anything. hell i doubted him, but he had so much potential and he is living up to it. rg3 has potential to be a franchise qb, weeden and anyone else not named luck is in the same ball park as the top two imo. maybe a duel threat qb is what we need.
the only thing i know for sure is we need to get one of luck or rg3. def give up more for luck, or trade up for rg3 with a player 1st and 3 and a pick next year.

Great post. Great, great post. I love all the revisionist when it comes to came Newton around here.

I am also with you about the compensation piece in comparing Luck and RGIII.

What I do not know...and might after Sunday is how much is too much to move up of RGIII.

RGIII can be a very good NFL starter. However, a coach must fix a system to his unique talents.

I can def. see Ross giving up the castle for him.

SR 7
12-30-2011, 07:23 AM
I think only 2 people here thought Newton would be a good QB, Myself and CK.

Most thought he would bust within a few weeks.

RG3 DOES have Ireland written all over him if you ask me, he is a ***** as seen on how he is wiht Ross and how he treated Morono so therefore if Ross wants RG3 Ireland will get him no matter what.

Ireland is someone that ifnds GOOD talent he finds morons like DL and OL and calls them talent than says "we forgot all about speed" last year. Same **** here, we forgot all about "QB" for 3 years so he will get RG3. Bust or not, I'd take my chances on a guy like Luck, **** even Mallet or Ponder but NOPE we don't move up for a QB only for a 6ft 6 300 lb RUNNING BACK with 4.9 speed. NOW that is worth trading up for, not a franchise QB wwe can find one anywhere.

The Confessor
12-30-2011, 07:30 AM

I tried pointing that out in the second post of this thread :lol:

I think RGIII is an interesting prospect, but don't look at his game against a very very very very bad Washington team ESPECIALLY on Defense.

As somebody pointed out, he is in a system custom tailored for him. He won't have that luxury in the Pro's.
He does showcase some great tools, and the fact he's very very intelligent might be the biggest tool of all.

IF we can bring him in just to sit and learn a system for 3 years, I'd be all for it. Actually, I would be fine with that.
UNFORTUNATELY, can you imagine the ridiculous statements in here if we spent a top 5 pick on the kid and he didnt see any playtime for 3 years?

The Confessor
12-30-2011, 07:32 AM

RG3 DOES have Ireland written all over him if you ask me, he is a ***** as seen on how he is wiht Ross and how he treated Morono so therefore if Ross wants RG3 Ireland will get him no matter what.

Ireland is someone that ifnds GOOD talent he finds morons like DL and OL and calls them talent than says "we forgot all about speed" last year. Same **** here, we forgot all about "QB" for 3 years so he will get RG3. Bust or not, I'd take my chances on a guy like Luck, **** even Mallet or Ponder but NOPE we don't move up for a QB only for a 6ft 6 300 lb RUNNING BACK with 4.9 speed. NOW that is worth trading up for, not a franchise QB wwe can find one anywhere.

Any chance you can translate this for me?

I've read and re-read it numerous times, and I honestly have zero idea what you're trying to say here?????

jim1
12-30-2011, 09:32 AM
runman the "experts" want weeden and everything you guys say about him is the exact thing you say about rg3, exept rg3 can run. weeden is a system qb too. stop stop stop please. and if you wouldnt be happy with rg3 something is wrong. get excited about it. to much negativity. no matter who we get i will always find away to like the pick, untill they turn into tedd ginn, or fletcher. this guy has some real talent and lots of potential.

That just isn't true. The comments that I've seen on this site or other publications, in terms of analysis of RGIII and Weeden, involve a lot more differences than running ability. Arm strength, delivery, accuracy, size, the ability to be a pure drop back passer- these are all relevant things, and RG III and Weeden differ greatly in those regards. RGIII also popped his ACL- maybe a bad omen for an undersized, scrambling QB. Weeden's baseball induced shoulder injury apparently has little or no effect on his football throwing motion at all.

I kind of like, or maybe I should say cautiously kind of like with a whiole bunch of reservations, RGIII. There are a number of cautionary flags that come with him. As for Weeden, there's not a whole lot not to like imo except for the age issue. As to the "systems QB" comments- Weeden plays in a spread offense and works consistently out of the shotgun. I don't see him having issues in terms of adapting to a 7-step drop or any variation thereof, I think that it's an overblown issue. I have no reason to think that it's a big deal, and the way the NFL is changing offensively to more of a spread system anyway, he'll probably spend quite a bit of 2nd and 3rd downs in the shotgun anyway. He's 6-4, it's not necessary to have him roll out all the time due to height/vision concerns. He'll be just fine dropping back in the pocket. No Quarterbacks coming out in this draft are even close to Weeden and Luck when it comes to being prospects as traditional pocket passers.

finsfanjay13
12-30-2011, 10:06 AM
As I have said many times: I want Kendall Wright more than RGIII. Unfortunately, Wright has probably played himself into being a late first, early second round pick. Being 5'10" may give pause for some, though.

ChrisHanson
12-30-2011, 10:09 AM
Matt Moore 6'3" 203lbs. Cam newton 6'5 240 lbs. Aaron Rodgers 6'3" 225. Mike Vick 6'0" 215.....RG3 6'2" 220 he is not to small!!!! And he hasn't had an NFL strength and conditioning program yet. He will be a playmaker and the 2nd qb drafted If not the 2nd over all pick.

The people who would pass on him or think he's too small are, for some reason, biased against the kid. He's not too small and since he's only 21 years old he'll get bigger. Maybe not taller, but bigger.

He's athletic, smart, great character, tream player, and a model citizen. Yeah, those who would "pass" on him are stupid.

As far as picking him over Luck? Weeeeellll...that's tricky. I do believe that Luck is the safer bet. However, I see RG3's ceiling as being higher. I'd be jumping for joy if the Dolphins landed either one of these guys.

ChrisHanson
12-30-2011, 10:12 AM

These guys take it in the pooper more than "Willy Rectum"? :chuckle:

ChrisHanson
12-30-2011, 10:17 AM

One season isn't enough to declare bust or star. Yes, I think Cam is the latter of the two, but I sure as hell wouldn't be tooting my own horn over that opinion just yet. It reminds me of Bills fans after the first 4 or 5 games of every season. :chuckle:

TedSlimmJr
12-30-2011, 10:30 AM
As I have said many times: I want Kendall Wright more than RGIII. Unfortunately, Wright has probably played himself into being a late first, early second round pick. Being 5'10" may give pause for some, though.

I don't question Kendall Wright at all because not only does he have the speed to beat just about any DB, he's also quick, and explosive in a short area. He doesn't need to build up speed. He has terrific shiftiness and lateral quickness that gives him legitimate run-after-the-catch ability. Wright can seperate early against man coverage in a 3 step passing game, or seperate at the last second at the top of his route to burn DB's deep on play action. Good luck stacking this kid...

He's explosive off the line of scrimmage, with strong hands and shows the ability to go up and make difficult catches by tracking the football. He's a physical player with the ball in his hands.

Briles tags a lot of receiver routes off the 4-verts concept where Wright is required to read DB's leverage on the fly and adjust his route. He makes Robert Griffin more than Griffin makes him. I've said many times that Wright is the best NFL prospect on Baylor's squad.

I'll draft a receiver like this in the 1st round every year there is one.

3rdandinches
12-30-2011, 10:53 AM

Your right with both QB's being "system" QB's...Weeden is a NFL system QB and RG is a college system QB.
Even the commentators spoke about how a NFL team would have to "Tebow" the offense to help him. I'll take Upshaw and Weeden over a trade up for RG any day of the week.

ChrisHanson
12-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Your right with both QB's being "system" QB's...Weeden is a NFL system QB and RG is a college system QB.
Even the commentators spoke about how a NFL team would have to "Tebow" the offense to help him. I'll take Upshaw and Weeden over a trade up for RG any day of the week.

Most people were saying this about Cam last season too. Most everybody said that Cam would be a "work in progress" but his ceiling was high. The biggest concern about him was his character. So far his immaturity hasn't reared it's ugly head. However, the criticism was a vaild one before last year's draft. No one, no matter what they say now, was as sure about Cam as they are about Luck.

The point is, IMO, RG3's ceiling is higher than Cam's. Why? Well, he's just as athletic, has a more accurate arm, is 100x's smarter than Cam, and his character has never been questioned. He may not be as tall as Cam or as heavy as Cam (although I do see him putting on some weight once he gets with an NFL trainer and stopes training for the hurdles), but it's not like he's 6' and 180lbs. He's 6'2" and 215-220. That's not small. There is no reason to think that RG3 can't be a successful QB and those who claim to "know" that he is not are biased for one reason or another.

Now, will RG3 bust? Maybe. Luck could also bust. Hell, since 2000 more than 50% of ALL 1st round QB's have been a bust. And those QB's were drafted because people being paid millions of dollars and who do nothing else BUT watch college players said they should be drafted where they were. So if those pro scouts can't get it right at least 50% of the time (when it comes to picking QB's) I'm sure as hell not going to take anybody's word here on who is and isn't an NFL QB. Instead I'm going to do my own research. Of course I will read other opinions and a lot of the times I read things that I may have missed or didn't think of, but with RG3 I see nothing but potential.

DolfanMan4Life
12-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Robert Griffin III.....Wow what a terrible game he had??! If Miamis quarterback had these numbers every week I would really be upset:ponder:?? And who cares who they played it was a bowl game and they scored 67points....When was the last time Miami scored 50???? Look at his entire career and what he brings every week.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/378497/robert-griffin-iii

Passing 24/33

295yds

8.9avg

1TD

0INT

18car

55yds

3.1y/c

1TD

24lng

SF Dolphin Fan
12-30-2011, 11:56 AM
I have some reservations about Robert Griffin III. But he is definitely the most dynamic playmaker in college football and there are things he does that you simply can't teach. The way the NFL continues to elvove I think Griffin III is a great fit. You get a creative offense coordinator, a little more speed on the edges and even the best NFL defenses will have problems. Kendall Wright is also a prospect I would look at in Round 2.

datruth55
12-30-2011, 12:24 PM
Robert Griffin III.....Wow what a terrible game he had??! If Miamis quarterback had these numbers every week I would really be upset:ponder:?? And who cares who they played it was a bowl game and they scored 67points....When was the last time Miami scored 50???? Look at his entire career and what he brings every week.

Passing 24/33

295yds

8.9avg

1TD

0INT

18car

55yds

3.1y/c

1TD

24lng

Ah the stats. Maybe we should send a deligate to Washington and convince Keith Price to enter the draft since he is draft eligible and then we can just draft him. I mean if our QBs could put up stats like this every week then you'd really be upset.

And if Miami played a defense as poor as both of these team had they would put up 60+ points every week.

C/ATT
YARDS
AVG
TD
INT

23/37

CAR
YARDS
AVG
TD
LG

ChrisHanson
12-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Ah the stats. Maybe we should send a deligate to Washington and convince Keith Price to enter the draft since he is draft eligible and then we can just draft him. I mean if our QBs could put up stats like this every week then you'd really be upset.

And if Miami played a defense as poor as both of these team had they would put up 60+ points every week.

C/ATT

YARDS

AVG

TD

INT

23/37

CAR

YARDS

AVG

TD

LG

To be fair he did say you should look at RG3's entire career. Should we also look at Keith Price's entire career?

DolfanMan4Life
12-30-2011, 12:33 PM
Here is Michael Vicks stats who I honestly think we can all agree was the most dynamic college quartback in the last 15 years. And I'm pretty sure he turned out to be a great quarterback as a pro and is fun to watch every Sunday. Every week he makes plays that are unbeliavble and he gives his team a chance to win. I would be happy with somebody that can run and throw.....and to be honest RG3 looks to pass more then run and he is very accurate.....anyways here are Vicks college stats....

YEARCMPATTCMP%YDSTDINTATTYDSTD

datruth55
12-30-2011, 12:34 PM
To be fair he did say you should look at RG3's entire career. Should we also look at Keith Price's entire career?
To be fair there isn't enough to look at for Price. It's only his first year as starter. I'm just arguing there are more than stats to look at, if stats were everything then everyone should be clamoring for Case Keenum or Kellen Moore.

DolfanMan4Life
12-30-2011, 12:37 PM

Sure we can....and they are decent......but most people here can agree that Price is not on the same level as RG3......I was more or less just saying that RG3 has been pretty consistent.....It is what it is. Just think he's got the "X" factor.

finsfanjay13
12-30-2011, 12:38 PM
I don't question Kendall Wright at all because not only does he have the speed to beat just about any DB, he's also quick, and explosive in a short area. He doesn't need to build up speed. He has terrific shiftiness and lateral quickness that gives him legitimate run-after-the-catch ability. Wright can seperate early against man coverage in a 3 step passing game, or seperate at the last second at the top of his route to burn DB's deep on play action. Good luck stacking this kid...

He's explosive off the line of scrimmage, with strong hands and shows the ability to go up and make difficult catches by tracking the football. He's a physical player with the ball in his hands.

Briles tags a lot of receiver routes off the 4-verts concept where Wright is required to read DB's leverage on the fly and adjust his route. He makes Robert Griffin more than Griffin makes him. I've said many times that Wright is the best NFL prospect on Baylor's squad.

I'll draft a receiver like this in the 1st round every year there is one.

I agree. I think that deep pass he caught from Griffin was a perfect example of his ability to track the ball well, adjust and put himself in the position to make the catch. He bailed Griffin out on a clear-cut under thrown ball.

If Wright is sitting around in the top of the second round, I wouldn't be too upset (read: happy) if Miami drafted him, even if there are bigger needs. He's a damn playmaker in my opinion. I think he'll put in a workout that places him comfortably in the first, though. He's not a one year wonder and in my opinion the only "negative" (to others) is that he's 5' 10".

Valandui
12-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Most people were saying this about Cam last season too. Most everybody said that Cam would be a "work in progress" but his ceiling was high. The biggest concern about him was his character. So far his immaturity hasn't reared it's ugly head. However, the criticism was a vaild one before last year's draft. No one, no matter what they say now, was as sure about Cam as they are about Luck.

The point is, IMO, RG3's ceiling is higher than Cam's. Why? Well, he's just as athletic, has a more accurate arm, is 100x's smarter than Cam, and his character has never been questioned. He may not be as tall as Cam or as heavy as Cam (although I do see him putting on some weight once he gets with an NFL trainer and stopes training for the hurdles), but it's not like he's 6' and 180lbs. He's 6'2" and 215-220. That's not small. There is no reason to think that RG3 can't be a successful QB and those who claim to "know" that he is not are biased for one reason or another.

Now, will RG3 bust? Maybe. Luck could also bust. Hell, since 2000 more than 50% of ALL 1st round QB's have been a bust. And those QB's were drafted because people being paid millions of dollars and who do nothing else BUT watch college players said they should be drafted where they were. So if those pro scouts can't get it right at least 50% of the time (when it comes to picking QB's) I'm sure as hell not going to take anybody's word here on who is and isn't an NFL QB. Instead I'm going to do my own research. Of course I will read other opinions and a lot of the times I read things that I may have missed or didn't think of, but with RG3 I see nothing but potential.
You can't be serious. Cam's ceiling is the best QB to every play the game. He is 6'6", a solid 250 lbs, combines Pro Bowl level QB and RB ability and is very mechanically sound as a passer. They only question on him coming out was his ability to handle an NFL offense mentally. Griffin might be 6'2", 220 lbs (which I doubt) and is a 2-3 year project (at best) who may decide he's done with football before his contract is even up. No thanks, I'll pass.

3rdandinches
12-30-2011, 12:47 PM

RG will be measured at 6' 215 come the combine. Comparing him to Cam is ridiculous, Cam is a physical specimen. Just because RG is book smart does not make him football smart, the two do not mesh automatically. There were plenty of wide open receivers last night and RG focused on 1 man the whole time, he bails early all day, and he will take a pounding in the NFL. You talk like Cam is some all-pro and has proven himself over his career already, let's let him play for 3-4 years before annointing him the reason to draft all running QB's. Don't get me wrong I like Cam and would have loved to have him on my team but people also thought Freemon (TB QB) was/is the next up and coming QB based on last year and who does that look this year?
Comparing RG to Cam is silly to me. I'm not calling RG a bust, I just don't think he's worth a trade up and would be happier getting a stud rush LBer paired up with a pocket passing QB that is pro ready as anyone else entering the draft rather then a trade up for someone I think is going to be on the injury list a lot.

TedSlimmJr
12-30-2011, 01:12 PM
I think everyone needs to relax a little bit on the Robert Griffin front.... especially his fanboys. He has legitimate concerns projecting him to the NFL, but that doesn't mean anyone is rooting against the kid. In other words, if you're not sold on him as a top 10 draft pick doesn't mean you don't think he's worth a draft pick at all.

Hell, I'd have enough Brady Quinns, Sam Bradfords, Pat Whites, Chad Hennes, Blaine Gabberts, Jamarcus Russells, John Becks, Tim Tebows, Cade McNowns, Brian Brohms, and Colt Brennans to keep me fired for a lifetime if I bought into every single over-hyped "franchise" QB prospect on message boards and by talking heads.

I doubted myself the entire time with Cam Newton, but I had to choose one or the other based on my own evaluations and it ultimately came down to gut feeling. I don't doubt myself with Robert Griffin. He's not Cam Newton.

I think Griffin's upside is being an effective spot starter for a little while until he fizzles out similar to the way Shaun King was, but won't ever be a franchise signal caller in the NFL.

Those of you that love RG3 have every reason to, it's understandable.... he's just not my cup o'tea. I think Ryan Tannehill is a better NFL prospect.

WelcomeBack
12-30-2011, 01:20 PM
I think everyone needs to relax a little bit on the Robert Griffin front.... especially his fanboys. He has legitimate concerns projecting him to the NFL, but that doesn't mean anyone is rooting against the kid. In other words, if you're not sold on him as a top 10 draft pick doesn't mean you don't think he's worth a draft pick at all.

Hell, I'd have enough Brady Quinns, Sam Bradfords, Pat Whites, Chad Hennes, Blaine Gabberts, Jamarcus Russells, John Becks, Tim Tebows, Cade McNowns, Brian Brohms, and Colt Brennans to keep me fired for a lifetime if I bought into every single over-hyped "franchise" QB prospect on message boards and by talking heads.

I doubted myself the entire time with Cam Newton, but I had to choose one or the other based on my own evaluations and it ultimately came down to gut feeling. I don't doubt myself with Robert Griffin. He's not Cam Newton.

I think Griffin's upside is being an effective spot starter for a little while until he fizzles out similar to the way Shaun King was, but won't ever be a franchise signal caller in the NFL.

Those of you that love RG3 have every reason to, it's understandable.... he's just not my cup o'tea. I think Ryan Tannehill is a better NFL prospect.

I know you and I talked a lot about Cam Newton last year and I know what you felt about him. I HAVE to agree with you on RG3. I still see the issue with his wind up throws and inability to read defenses from inside the pocket. It's not so much as him being a part of that system, but more like what he fails to do.

Kendall Wright made him look awfully good at times last night.

He'll probably still be the #2 QB off the board, but there's a few names I'd rather have besides RG3.

dolfan91
12-30-2011, 01:35 PM

You took the words out of my mouth!! .. I think Ryan Tannehill will eventually be a better NFL QB than RGIII ... the difference IMO is Tannehill already can read a defense, where RGIII will need to learn how to read a defense!!! BIG Difference!!! to be honest RGIII is better suited for the CFL, like Doug Flutie was ...

Valandui
12-30-2011, 02:20 PM
I still feel like Tannehill is the best option if we want to see if Moore can handle the job as a full time starter. By the time we've seen enough of Moore, Tannehill should be ready.

thefranchisedef
12-30-2011, 02:36 PM
If you are going to talk about this game then understand that rg3 didnt have a lick of time to throw the ball. his offensive line is ****ing horrible in pass protection. talk trash about him but he has something you cant teach- smarts and athleticism. people he has a rocket for an arm, and he has ball placement.

put it this way, if gruden likes him more than any young quarterback then I like him too

whodizking
12-30-2011, 04:43 PM

Ryan Tannehill is a great prospect but then I feel these two QB prospects are really similar too. Both young and feel RG3 can be a Vick type player maybe. I agree he might not be a Cam but feel his deep ball is just as good. Tannehill I haven't seen enough of him to know what he can be, he look good on YouTube but who doesn't right lol.
Cam can see the field and anyone that say RG3 can't see the field I say watch the game winning bomb against oak sooners. If he can't see the field then god was on his side for that play. He hit it on point and even got his own WR on where the ball was placed.
With that I don't say he is undersized after watching Vick, Brees etc..... I will say the hits at the next level will hurt him so hes gotta not be like Vick who thinks he is unbreakable.
In long term I'm no fan boy but am sold at this point, I think this franchise needed someone like him or Barkely who is a little smaller too but love his passing ability.

I'll be happy with RG3 or Tanne or if the football gods bless us with Luck Trade. I'll take anyone that becomes a franchise QB at this point lol. But all in all agree with your post

datruth55
12-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Ryan Tannehill is a great prospect but then I feel these two QB prospects are really similar too. Both young and feel RG3 can be a Vick type player maybe. I agree he might not be a Cam but feel his deep ball is just as good. Tannehill I haven't seen enough of him to know what he can be, he look good on YouTube but who doesn't right lol.
Cam can see the field and anyone that say RG3 can't see the field I say watch the game winning bomb against oak sooners. If he can't see the field then god was on his side for that play. He hit it on point and even got his own WR on where the ball was placed.
With that I don't say he is undersized after watching Vick, Brees etc..... I will say the hits at the next level will hurt him so hes gotta not be like Vick who thinks he is unbreakable.
In long term I'm no fan boy but am sold at this point, I think this franchise needed someone like him or Barkely who is a little smaller too but love his passing ability.

I'll be happy with RG3 or Tanne or if the football gods bless us with Luck Trade. I'll take anyone that becomes a franchise QB at this point lol. But all in all agree with your post

If you're refering to this throw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2_TZdnnvrA

He ran out of the pocket as he often does. I don't see how that proves he can see the field.

PaPhinz
01-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Not really adding much here, but did anyone else see on NFL countdown today that RG3's dad basically said he is going into the draft? They're just waiting to find the right agent or something. Almost positive that's what they were saying

Hayden Fox
01-01-2012, 11:58 AM
ESPN reports RGIII WILL enter the draft.

Roman529
01-01-2012, 01:21 PM
I just saw on the ESPN scroll that he is turning pro. If osing to the Jets today would get us RG3, then I won't be upset with a loss. Hate to say that but we really need RG3.

KL24
01-02-2012, 12:48 AM
I'd be careful with the expecting another Cam Newton. Newton put up great numbers in the SEC which had some very stout defenses. While RG3's numbers are impressive, I'm not sure how much weight you can place on those numbers given that the BIG12 had some of the worst defenses I have ever seen. Every time I watched Baylor this season, both teams were hitting 20 yarder after 20 yarder with a final score somewhere in the range of 55-47. I'm all for drafting a 1st round QB, but Griffin really scares me. It's a shame Barkley is staying for another year.

KL24
01-02-2012, 12:56 AM

Passing 24/33
295yds
8.9avg
1TD
0INT

18car
55yds
3.1y/c
1TD
24lng

Unless you expect Griffin to go up against swiss-cheese defenses like Washington's in the NFL every week, who they score the points against is a valid concern. Put them up against a D2 team and they'd score 80+. So what?