PDA

View Full Version : This mock has us taking a OT and QB in the first; Fleener.

MARSHALL~LAW
12-30-2011, 09:50 AM
http://www.rantsports.com/mock-draft/2011/12/28/2012-nfl-mock-draft-4-rounds/

Id be extatic with this draft. Bring it!

SuperMarksBros.
12-30-2011, 09:54 AM
Wow. ANOTHER lineman.

MARSHALL~LAW
12-30-2011, 09:56 AM
Wow. ANOTHER lineman.we do need a RT.

Sarnics13
12-30-2011, 10:39 AM
We certainly don't need to be drafting another TE any where near the first 3 rounds. No thanks!

datruth55
12-30-2011, 10:51 AM
we do need a RT.
We also need a boat load of playmakers and a top 10 draft pick is where you find most of them.

PATSSUCK
12-30-2011, 12:07 PM
We certainly don't need to be drafting another TE any where near the first 3 rounds. No thanks! I am sorry why don't we need a TE? Clay is a project and Fasano is just average. We desperately need a TE.

Sarnics13
12-30-2011, 12:09 PM
I am sorry why don't we need a TE? Clay is a project and Fasano is just average. We desperately need a TE.

Fasano is well above average. Desperately?......we are far from desperate for a TE.

jim1
12-30-2011, 12:14 PM
---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

We also need a boat load of playmakers and a top 10 draft pick is where you find most of them.

Usually that's the case. This year, not so much.

Valandui
12-30-2011, 12:30 PM
If we take any OL not named DeCastro in the top ten I will hurt somebody. Mabey even then.

Ikema
12-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Dude, we've been in desperate need of a tight end for the past 4 years. Where you been?

PATSSUCK
12-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Fasano is well above average. Desperately?......we are far from desperate for a TE. Fasano above average? Lmao. Guy has like 35 catches this year.

1 dol fan
12-30-2011, 01:48 PM
Fasano above average? Lmao. Guy has like 35 catches this year.
Fasano is an excellent 2nd string TE and a serviceable 1st string... much like Matt Moore is an excellent backup.

Sarnics13
12-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Fasano above average? Lmao. Guy has like 35 catches this year.

Give me a break, he catches everything......and even what he shouldn't. Plus he is an excellent blocker.

How is it the fault of Fasano that our Qb has one of the lowest attempts per game in the league, and that he has to stay in and pick up columbos slack?
He is a great TE and Clay has shown excellent promise.

PATSSUCK
12-30-2011, 02:42 PM
Give me a break, he catches everything......and even what he shouldn't. Plus he is an excellent blocker.

How is it the fault of Fasano that our Qb has one of the lowest attempts per game in the league, and that he has to stay in and pick up columbos slack?
He is a great TE and Clay has shown excellent promise. Fasano is a good number two TE. He is not a consistent play maker. We need a much better number one TE.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 02:44 PM
ehh...sarnics thinks we've got a roster full of pro bowlers...thats just how he sees things

utahphinsfan
12-30-2011, 02:54 PM
I am sorry why don't we need a TE? Clay is a project and Fasano is just average. We desperately need a TE.

I hate to say look at the Pats, but...

Having 2 players (Clay & Fleener) who can line up in multiple positions would go along way in modernizing the phins offense.

That way Fasano could be the #2 TE, line up inline, & both block and receive. Yeatman would be third on the depth chart and be the extra tackle.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 02:56 PM
you know yeatman may just work out for us as the 3rd te/extra tackle type...even if you keep clay as your hback like and fasano as your in line guy it would still be nice to get an athletic mismatch te with great height and size to threaten down the seam...

yes indeed

Harry_Bagpipe
12-30-2011, 02:57 PM
I would have no complaints if we took Dwayne Allen with our 2nd. We need a playmaking TE bad

SF Dolphin Fan
12-30-2011, 03:01 PM
Not bad. Miami desperately needs a RT and would have won maybe three more games with a decent RT this year. I know a lot of fans wouldn't like that, but not a bad pick. Love the Tannehill pick, but think they will have to move up a lot more to get him. Love Fleener, but don't think he makes it past the 2nd.

2413fanphins
12-30-2011, 09:56 PM
courtney upshaw?????? much rather have him than some Right tackle in the first round.

much prefer a wake/upshaw tandem than a wake/johnson tandem.

I'd go upshaw, zeitler, fleener if I had my choice the way that mock turned out.

phinfan33
12-31-2011, 01:11 AM
If Griffin goes back to school,or he comes out and we couldn't get him or Luck,i could live with that draft.

jlfin
12-31-2011, 06:56 AM
Drafting a RT in the top 10 is not going to give you enough bang for your buck. That position can b addressed in FA or later in the draft. The team needs a QB and a few more impact players that can change the course of a game. RT's are not impact players. If not QB, then I'd rather see them get a big play WR, pass rushing OLB or ball hawking DB.

2413fanphins
12-31-2011, 09:57 AM
Drafting a RT in the top 10 is not going to give you enough bang for your buck. That position can b addressed in FA or later in the draft. The team needs a QB and a few more impact players that can change the course of a game. RT's are not impact players. If not QB, then I'd rather see them get a big play WR, pass rushing OLB or ball hawking DB.

read, justin blackmon, courtney upshaw, morris claiborne.... agree with you wholeheartedly.

Marino420TD
12-31-2011, 12:58 PM
Drafting a RT at no. 8 overall is just plain stupid.

jim1
12-31-2011, 01:10 PM
read, justin blackmon, courtney upshaw, morris claiborne.... agree with you wholeheartedly.

The problem is that it will be a minor miracle if Blackmon or Claiborne are available when we pick. I'm kind of hesitant to give up on Misi already, but his first two years have certaintly been disappointing, so if Upshaw is the solution, so be it. Cleveland got a king's ransom for the #6 pick last year- ain't gonna happen this year for our pick which I'm guessing will be around #8, but maybe a team wants to trade up for Trent Richardson, who knows. An extra pick gained could end up being a Coby Fleener- otherwise, in the absense of trading down, our pick will be a dilemma imo.

Generic Name
12-31-2011, 01:49 PM
http://www.rantsports.com/mock-draft/2011/12/28/2012-nfl-mock-draft-4-rounds/

Id be extatic with this draft. Bring it!

Taking ANOTHER OL in first would be stupid. Flat out stupid

jlfin
12-31-2011, 02:27 PM
The problem is that it will be a minor miracle if Blackmon or Claiborne are available when we pick. I'm kind of hesitant to give up on Misi already, but his first two years have certaintly been disappointing, so if Upshaw is the solution, so be it. Cleveland got a king's ransom for the #6 pick last year- ain't gonna happen this year for our pick which I'm guessing will be around #8, but maybe a team wants to trade up for Trent Richardson, who knows. An extra pick gained could end up being a Coby Fleener- otherwise, in the absense of trading down, our pick will be a dilemma imo.

I believe there is a highly regarded WR from South Carolina, that some draft sites have rated higher than Blackmon. Name escapes me

beanh8er
12-31-2011, 02:50 PM
I believe there is a highly regarded WR from South Carolina, that some draft sites have rated higher than Blackmon. Name escapes me
Alshon Jeffrey. Definitely not better than Blackmon and is a Brandon Marshall clone in all of his measurables.

ticophin
12-31-2011, 04:22 PM
If we use our 2nd on Tanehill, means we will go with Moore, and wait for Tannehill to learn for 2-3 years....Boy will we continue to SUCK!!! Id rather NOT draft a QB if we miss out on Luck/RGIII, get best available Pass Rusher, RT, and DBack with our first 3 picks...

TheBow305
12-31-2011, 05:18 PM
I'd rather take Jeffery than Martin and get a RT later or in FA. Although I think that John Jerry could still prove to be our RT of the future. He played relatively well on the left side last week and the right side is far less demanding.

The rest of the draft works for me. Getting our potential franchise QB and a top WR and TE for him to throw to would go a long way towards fixing up our offense. Just sign Carl Nicks away from NO and we will be set!

I'd be ok with that offense next year:

QB: Matt Moore/Ryan Tannehill
RB: Reggie Bush/Daniel Thomas
FB: Charles Clay
WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: Alshon Jeffery
WR: Davone Bess
TE: Coby Fleener/Anthony Fasano
LT: Jake Long
LG: Richie Incognito
C: Mike Pouncey
RG: Carl Nicks
RT: John Jerry

dhunt1023
01-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Fasano is well above average. Desperately?......we are far from desperate for a TE.Cause both clay and fasano match what the pats have...oh wait no gronkowski and Hernandez are far superior...

DaDolfan25
01-03-2012, 12:05 AM
we do need a RT.

I believe we have one in -house already with John Jerry. He played very well a LT the past couple games and played on the right side his entire life.