PDA

View Full Version : GBN mock 12/30/11

jim1
12-30-2011, 11:35 AM
Colin has Washington trading up to #2 to take RGIII. The Pats get Melvin Ingram and Fletcher Cox- yikes.

http://www.gbnreport.com/2012projection.html

I think that I would rather get Kendall Wright in a trade down as opposed to drafting Michael Floyd, but both are better options than Alshon Jeffery. If we traded down I could easily live with this:

1. Kendall Wright
2. Brandon Weeden
2. Levy Adcock
3. Coby Fleener

That would bring some pop to the O. As to Guard, I'm not sure if I shoud vomit now or later in response to Brian Waters making first team Pro Bowl at G for the Pats. Completely nauseating, we pass on a guy who was worth more than the whole truck load of OL that came from the Dallas reject bin. It's good to see John Jerry step up, at least he can contribute next year, fill one of the gaps on the right side. Still very curious as to Lydon Murtha at RT next year as well, although many don't seem to care for him on this site.

Clyde Gates factors in, though- how is he progressing? He looks better on KO returns, and I have to think that as raw as he is, it wasnt in the cards for him to do much this year- he could very well make a quantum leap next year. The point being a potential level of redundancy between him and Wright. I would like the Wright pick in a trade down regardless, just saying that it factors in. If Gates isn't the speed opposite B Marshall, our version of Mike Wallace or Desean Jackson, then Kendall Wright would be imo a great option for that role. Wright and Fleener could seriously help us stretch defenses and the field- they both seem like great fits for the Dolphins, bottom line.

Valandui
12-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Yes, please.

datruth55
12-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Are we so hurting at WR that we need to take Malcolm Floyd over a LB like Courtney Upshaw? Isn't Jason Taylor retiring? Who is going to play opposite Wake? Koa Misi who hasn't shown much as a starter? I like Floyd and I think he will be a heck of a player but I also think he's a ticking time bomb and his volatile personality will clash with Marshall. I would prefer Kendall Wright to him simply because Wright can play every WR position on the field IMO and that gives you flexability in creating mismatches.