PDA

View Full Version : Ireland Scouting RG3 at the Baylor Game

kcbrown
12-30-2011, 12:22 PM
Quote from ESPN:

Plenty came to see this one.
Anticipating a surge of Heisman gawkers, Alamo Bowl officials added 800 temporary seats and opened up others with obstructed views that required ticket-buyers to sign a form acknowledging the poor sightlines. Those seats sold, anyway, and the announced attendance of 65,256 was the fifth-largest in the bowl's history.
Others had better seats.
That includes Miami Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland, who kicked for Baylor in the late 1980s but was here on business scouting Griffin in case the fourth-year junior enters the draft. Griffin's parents, two sisters and fiancee watched the nail-biter with front-row seats.
Griffin acknowledged this week his parents are looking at his draft prospects but denies having any substantial talks with them.

Didn't know Ireland was a kicker lol.

datruth55
12-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Ireland wasn't just a kicker...he was a choke.

At Baylor, Ireland was known for making difficult kicks but missing the easy ones. Against Rice University (http://www.finheaven.com/wiki/Rice_Owls_football) in 1991, for example, he made a 58-yard field goal (http://www.finheaven.com/wiki/Field_goal_(football)), then missed field goals of 43, 45, and 27 yards. Baylor, a 20.5 point favorite, lost the game by three points. Baylor was ranked 8th in the Associated Press (http://www.finheaven.com/wiki/Associated_Press) poll at that time, and has never been ranked that high since.

MiamiDolfan85
12-30-2011, 01:37 PM
lol, not surprised Ireland was a kicker.....He looks like a kicker, irrelevant and the holy mark of wanting to punch him in the face.

ahahaha I cant help it, no one likes kickers.....

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 02:37 PM
looks like he's in play for us...

utahphinsfan
12-30-2011, 02:47 PM
lol, not surprised Ireland was a kicker.....He looks like a kicker, irrelevant and the holy mark of wanting to punch him in the face.

It explains the flakiness.

Scouts from the teams drafting in the top 18 IMO were all in San Antonio looking at Griffin.

Each interview I see w/ RGIII, I'm more impressed.

Hayden Fox
12-30-2011, 03:32 PM
No fist pump jokes about Jeff being a former kicker?

Hayden Fox
12-30-2011, 03:36 PM
I am telling you the Fins are going to give the farm up for RGIII on draft day. I like the kid, but not for major picks.

ChrisHanson
12-30-2011, 03:52 PM
I am telling you the Fins are going to give the farm up for RGIII on draft day. I like the kid, but not for major picks.

In your opinion, what's "the farm"? What if the Dolphins can move up for their 1st, 2nd, 4th this year and their 2nd next year? Good or bad deal, IYO?

MadDog 88
12-30-2011, 04:30 PM
I wouldn't give up picks for him. If falls to us great, if not trade down and draft Weeden. He is more NFL ready IMO and would have an immediate impact. The only thing he is being knocked for ishis age which is not a big deal.

datruth55
12-30-2011, 04:30 PM
In your opinion, what's "the farm"? What if the Dolphins can move up for their 1st, 2nd, 4th this year and their 2nd next year? Good or bad deal, IYO?
For Luck I would take that deal...for RGIII no freakin way.

Hayden Fox
12-30-2011, 04:44 PM
The farm IMO would be 1, 2 and 3 (you do not have a 4 this year) and next year's #1. I am not into that.

For Luck...yes.

I like RGIII, but you need a coach that can instruct QB's and create a system that utilizes his strengths. RGIII plays out of the pocket and could be susceptible to injury.

When I see our RT being the reason for multiple turnovers and at times a poor pass rush, I feel that we have many needs. To jettison a ton of picks for one player, I have to be slam-dunk sure he is the real deal.

canesandphins1
12-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Rg3 plus chud as hc?