PDA

View Full Version : Another Huge Start for Jones

Hayden Fox
12-30-2011, 03:33 PM
I think Jones ends up coming out now that Barkley says he is staying. Someone has to be the number 3 guy. Let's see if Jones can get his stuff together for Iowa tonight.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 03:34 PM
i don't care what he looks like tonight...no thanks

Hayden Fox
12-30-2011, 03:35 PM
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/27/stoops-steps-back-from-gut-feeling-landry-jones-returns/

Big game Bob steps back from his prediction of Jones returning.

I think he comes out. I am not sold on him, but he can change my mind. Plus, giving up a ton of picks for RGIII might not end up being wise.

datruth55
12-30-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm with hoops, not interested.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 03:39 PM
i'm not giving up picks for rg3 either...only guy i'm giving up picks for is luck...everybody else can come to me

Hayden Fox
12-30-2011, 03:48 PM
i'm not giving up picks for rg3 either...only guy i'm giving up picks for is luck...everybody else can come to me

I hope that is the policy. I do not trust the FO though.

2413fanphins
12-30-2011, 06:15 PM
I'm still intrigued by landry jones. I still think he has to sit a year. But I like his tools.

as a hawk fan I'll be dvring the game tonight so I can watch me some landry jones all week.

He should light up micah hyde for sure. the big play will be there multiple times tonight, I don't know how well they will hit with the top WR out though. Hawkeyes secondary is just no good IMO.

hawks RB didn't get to make the trip (coker), so it's gonna be a marvin mcnutt kinda night for me. I liked DJK last year, than he got into some trouble... mcnutt is much better... I'd like to see mcnutt in a phins uni... give me some more hawks in SOFLA.

other players of interest...

james vandenburg... curious to see how he plays in his first bowl game.

broderick binns, mike daniels, tyler nielsen... like the two DL, and nielsen played not too far from home in HS.

LouPhinFan
12-30-2011, 08:19 PM

You just KNOW that Ireland being a Baylor guy will convince Ross that giving up the house to move ahead of Washington to get RG3 is going to be the "splash" that Ross wants to make to get butts in the stands.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 11:06 PM
alright...lets light this iowa oklahoma candle

ChambersWI
12-30-2011, 11:08 PM
See Jones has issues, but I don't think his issues are as big as Henne... and this is coming from a huge Michigan fan and a Henne supporter. I'd be more than happy to elaborate if anybody wants

Buff
12-30-2011, 11:10 PM
I think the redskins would give up more for Jones or Griffin than what Miami would.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 11:12 PM
last 3 games for jones...no tds 5 ints...craptastic

Hayden Fox
12-30-2011, 11:12 PM
Jones will be there when we pick IMO.

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 11:17 PM
Jones will be there when we pick IMO.

and hopefully after...

hooshoops
12-30-2011, 11:24 PM
jeesh...the iowa qbs throws are all over the place...ugly

MRojas4
12-30-2011, 11:44 PM
I think everyone should lay off the Jones Kool-Aid.

He's playing Iowa, and doesn't even look all that great.

Hayden Fox
12-31-2011, 12:00 AM
Yep. I have tried really hard to find redeeming qualities in Landry Jones through the entire year. I have given him multiple chances in my mind... I cannot anymore.

I like Tannehill's upside and raw tools. Nick Foles has always been one of my favorites...

Landry Jones just looks shot.

Hayden Fox
12-31-2011, 12:01 AM
He does **** in the red zone for they always take him out.

MRojas4
12-31-2011, 12:07 AM
High throws by Landry all over the field. Whats with his 3/4 release? Looks terrible.

MRojas4
12-31-2011, 12:11 AM
Not liking his mechanics at all. Holds the ball around his waist, a very Philip Rivers type release without the arm strength to back it up.

datruth55
12-31-2011, 12:24 AM
Wasn't some mock picking Riley Reif for us with our pick in the top 10? He just got blown up.

hooshoops
12-31-2011, 12:35 AM
this games boring as heck...

ChambersWI
12-31-2011, 12:37 AM
Yep. I have tried really hard to find redeeming qualities in Landry Jones through the entire year. I have given him multiple chances in my mind... I cannot anymore.

I like Tannehill's upside and raw tools. Nick Foles has always been one of my favorites...

Landry Jones just looks shot.

funny you mention Foles. Mel Kiper (I know I know) mentioned how Foles as a boarderline 1st round grade right now, but he said many scouts have started rewatching the film of him and he actually looks a lot better than you would have thought given Arizona's bad year. I've always liked Foles too.

JMO but Landry Jones being taken out in the redzone has more to do with the fact that they don't have a bruising back that can get tough yards. Finch, Whaley, and Clay are all under 200 lbs. Blake Bell's, the QB that Jones comes out for, has 10 rush TDs. ZERO pass TDs.

Hayden Fox
12-31-2011, 12:40 AM
funny you mention Foles. Mel Kiper (I know I know) mentioned how Foles as a boarderline 1st round grade right now, but he said many scouts have started rewatching the film of him and he actually looks a lot better than you would have thought given Arizona's bad year. I've always liked Foles too.

JMO but Landry Jones being taken out in the redzone has more to do with the fact that they don't have a bruising back that can get tough yards. Finch, Whaley, and Clay are all under 200 lbs. Blake Bell's, the QB that Jones comes out for, has 10 rush TDs. ZERO pass TDs.

Foles was a stud as a junior and when Arizona was a stable, winning team. This year was a mess beyond all measures.

You could draft another position and bounce back into the end of round one to snag Foles. OR you could fall back some to get him. OR if you REALLY have a conviction on a QB, just run the card up and get the guy.

I bet Foles wows in the evaluation process.

Casas9425
12-31-2011, 12:43 AM
sideline reporter said word around the Oklahoma team is Landry Jones is leaving school for the NFL.

phinfan33
12-31-2011, 01:21 AM
sideline reporter said word around the Oklahoma team is Landry Jones is leaving school for the NFL.Landry Jones needs to stay in school.

MadDog 88
12-31-2011, 01:54 AM
This game is starting to get interesting.

MadDog 88
12-31-2011, 02:56 AM
Meh.....interesting for just a couple of minutes. The bowl committee could have found a better match up.

Hayden Fox
12-31-2011, 06:40 AM
Jake Locker sucked more than Jones last year and look at where he went.

Locker is more athletic, but in QB-starved league...

2413fanphins
12-31-2011, 10:04 AM
thats iowa football folks... defense (usually) keeps them in the game, so that ken okeefe can to top the ****tiest calling game of his career...(usually his previous game)...

i went to bed I was so ****ing bored after it was 14-0. just like I said, I think jones needs to sit at least a year. I don't really have that kind of patience. His mechanics are suspect, but I don't think I'd go so far as to say he doesn't have arm strength.

He SHOULD/will come out, IMO... staying would only hurt him more draft wise... with that belldozer package in the redzone, it has to kill his draft stock... maybe another year would help him with pocket presence, but the way his mechanics are, I'd say they don't have a qb coach who is trying to help jones out with that.

reiff is nice, but how the **** do you justify taking a RT over a guy like upshaw, claiborne or blackmon???? I better not see that from the phins... there will be a couple wisconsin OL available when we pick in the 2nd round, address it than.

i have to watch the rest of the game sometime... did anybody pick up on big mike D, on the iowa DL... he was ballin in the first half. did mcnutt do anything in the second half..... GOD i can't wait to get some jake rudock at qb, instead of vandendouche.

Austin Tatious
12-31-2011, 12:44 PM
I wouldn't want Jones in Miami even in the second round. He will be a loser.

NorFlaFin
12-31-2011, 01:25 PM
L. Jones wife(Whitney Hand) plays basketball for OU. I suspect she has alot to say about his leaving.

TheBow305
12-31-2011, 04:46 PM
I don't want Landry unless we trade out of the Top 10, then I'd be ok with either him or Ryan Tannehill. Otherwise, I'm with Ireland if he wants to trade up for RG3. I want Luck or RG3, we need them!

hooshoops
01-01-2012, 09:26 AM
the pick landry jones threw in the red zone if that balls not tipped at the los by the dline and intercepted there theres a db undercutting the route from the inside who's gonna pick it when it gets thru the front line...

as for mcnutt i don't think he'll amount to much in the pros...doesn't separate enough...not a fan of him at the next level to be honest

i do like reiff as a right tackle though...i don't see left tackle feet and athleticsim there...but its just not the right play for us in the top 10...right tackle just should not be in play for us with our top pick