PDA

View Full Version : New NFL Draft mock 1/1/12

jim1
01-01-2012, 10:30 AM
5. Cleveland Browns: Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor

2012 NFL Mock Draft #1 QB

I previously had the Browns taking Trent Richardson in my last update but am starting to get on board with them taking a QB. With that being said I think that the Browns could take Robert Griffin III and let him sit behind McCoy and learn for a year or half of a year until he learns the play book and the NFL. Once he does so I think Griffin has a ton of potential and the most upside of any player in this 2012 NFL Mock Draft.

6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: David DeCastro, G, Stanford
2012 NFL Mock Draft #1 Guard

The Bucs build their offensive line with this 2012 NFL Mock Draft selection. I know this is extremely high for a Guard to usually go in the NFL Draft but with that being said I think DeCastro has the ability to play every position on the offensive line.

7. Washington Redskins: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama

2012 NFL Mock Draft #2 QBThe Redskins need a QB to come in and be the futureÖ with that being said I think that all the top tier QBís are off the board and they shouldnít reach for someone like Nick Foles, Landry Jones or Ryan Tannehil with the 7th overall pick. I know it is kind of risky for them to take Richardson with this selection especially because they have Helu. However, I think Richardson is a game changer and would fit into Shanahans scheme very well.

8. Carolina Panthers: Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina (http://newnfldraft.com/alshon-jeffery-2012-nfl-mock-draft/)
2012 NFL Mock Draft #2 Wide ReceiverCam Newton have been very good this year with an average receiving core. With that being said I have the Panthers selecting a top 10 good red zone threat for Cam Newton to throw to. Jeffery has seen his stock fall a little bit because of weight and speed issues but all in all I think he still ends up being a top 10 selection in the 2012 NFL Mock Draft1.

9. Miami Dolphins: Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford (http://newnfldraft.com/jonathan-martin-2012-nfl-mock-draft/)

2012 NFL Mock Draft #2 OT
I know I know Dolphins fans some of you think that Matt Moore is the QB of the future for you team but I think they still need to look in other directions. With that being said I donít see any QBís worth selecting with a top 10 pick in this 2012 NFL Mock Draft. At this point I think the best bet may be to way until the 2nd round of the 2012 NFL Draft and take someone like Brandon Weeden or Nick Foles.

http://newnfldraft.com/nfl-mock-draft-first-round-picks-9-16/

hooshoops
01-01-2012, 10:37 AM
capital ugh...

datruth55
01-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Don't understand why half of these mocks have us taking a WR...now if Blackmon falls to us then I take him, that's BPA but Alshon Jeffery? I don't think so.

finsfanjay13
01-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Don't understand why half of these mocks have us taking a WR...now if Blackmon falls to us then I take him, that's BPA but Alshon Jeffery? I don't think so.

This one has us drafting Jonathan Martin from Stanford, not Jeffery. With that said, I'd rather have Jeffery. And I'd rather have Upshaw over both.

X-Pacolypse
01-01-2012, 03:18 PM
If Miami can't have a QB in the first round, then draft a playmaking WR like Jeffery or Blackmon. No more 1st round cornfed lineman.

finomenal
01-01-2012, 05:43 PM
TWO top ten tackles in 5 years? RT at that?!?! I think this would possibly be the last straw for me. I love the Dolphins so I would never switch teams, but I'd definitely start packing their stuff and kick them out of the house. We'd be separated until they get their sh!t together.

SMadison29
01-01-2012, 06:52 PM

Don't understand why someone would create a mock draft on the day that the first 20 picks of the draft order will be determined. Amateur, pass...

Roman529
01-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Don't understand why someone would create a mock draft on the day that the first 20 picks of the draft order will be determined. Amateur, pass...

He was only posting the #5 through #9 pick which probably won't change much no matter what happens today.....amateur.