PDA

View Full Version : Sporting news/Russ Lande mock draft

jim1
01-01-2012, 11:26 AM
1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck*, QB, Stanford. The real question if the Colts wind up with Luck: Will he get to learn under Peyton Manning for a season or two, or will he take over the team as a rookie because Manning is no longer there?

2. St. Louis Rams: Matt Kalil*, OT, USC. The Rams will most likely trade this pick to a team that wants Griffin. If they keep the pick, they will grab Kalil to shore up their offensive line and give blindside protection to Sam Bradford.

3. Minnesota Vikings: Jonathan Martin*, OT, Stanford. Martin is not an aggressive blocker, but he is a top athlete with the feet and technique to protect Christian Ponder’s blind side for the next decade.

4. Jacksonville Jaguars. Dre Kirkpatrick*, CB, Alabama. The team’s top corner, Rashean Mathis, is 31, missed the final seven games with a torn ACL and is about to become a free agent. Although it would be tempting for the Jags to try to add Griffin, cornerbacks with Kirkpatrick’s size (6-3), elite athleticism and ball skills are hard to find.

5. Cleveland Browns. Robert Griffin III*, QB, Baylor. The Browns will likely have to trade up to get Griffin, but there is little doubt they want to find their quarterback of the future. Griffin will be the most athletically gifted quarterback to enter the NFL since Michael Vick—and he also has great touch on his deep throws.

6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Riley Reiff*, OT, Iowa. Josh Freeman struggled with inconsistency throughout 2011, and if he is going to improve, the Buccaneers’ offensive line needs to do a better job. Reiff flashes greatness, though he doesn’t play at a high level consistently.

7. Washington Redskins: Devon Still, DT, Penn State. The Redskins have many holes and would love to get a quarterback, but they’re not drafting high enough to have a shot at Luck or Griffin. Still can be productive playing end in the Redskins’ 3-4 scheme.

8. Miami Dolphins: Justin Blackmon*, WR, Oklahoma State. No matter who’s starting at quarterback for the Dolphins in 2012, the team needs more offensive weapons for him to throw to. Blackmon gives them an elite talent who can pull coverage away from Brandon Marshall.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-10/nfl-mock-draft/story/nfl-mock-draft-the-bidding-for-robert-griffin-iii-could-get-crazy#ixzz1iDjxCFiG

Austin Tatious
01-01-2012, 11:32 AM
I think the Vikes could get Kalil. That's way high for Martin. 3rd overall and his review starts with he is not aggressive. Griffin is not the second best but with the possibility several teams are angling for him, it could happen.

Blackmon at 8 seems unrealistically low. I gotta believe St Louis would love a trade down where they would still get him. Jacksonville would be hard pressed to pass on Blackmon too, unless they are at a trade down spot.

One more day and we should know the draft order and we could put some more knowns to the projections.

hooshoops
01-01-2012, 11:43 AM
that drafts awful...dre kirkpatrick at #4...really...he must be expecting dre to run a low 4.2 40 or something...blackmon at #8 no claiborne in the top 8...awful

Hayden Fox
01-01-2012, 11:57 AM
I could stomach Blackmon at 8. Love it.

2413fanphins
01-01-2012, 12:25 PM
I'd be elated with blackmon at 8. problem is he will probably go top four, and than this dudes mock draft is blown to smitherines... as it should be.

3rdandinches
01-01-2012, 12:25 PM
that drafts awful...dre kirkpatrick at #4...really...he must be expecting dre to run a low 4.2 40 or something...blackmon at #8 no claiborne in the top 8...awful

I`m not disagreeing with you but I would have said the same thing with last years draft if someone posted that Locker and Gabbert going top ten and Prince and Ingram dropping to 19 and 28.

hooshoops
01-01-2012, 12:39 PM
I`m not disagreeing with you but I would have said the same thing with last years draft if someone posted that Locker and Gabbert going top ten and Prince and Ingram dropping to 19 and 28.

thats true...but kirk in the top 5 is bad value...not tyson jackson in the top 3 to the chiefs a few years ago bad but none the less bad value

PhinsTD
01-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Often times analysts try to put something different out there just to be different.

Going with the status quo isn't going to get the page hits they're looking for.

X-Pacolypse
01-01-2012, 02:52 PM
I wouldn't mind getting Blackmon. Lord knows this team needs playmakers.

Elliott 1
01-01-2012, 11:01 PM
I think it would be far more efficient to try to trade down and then draft a pass rusher in the 1st round.

Robert Meachem is the perfect move for the Dolphins at WR. He appears to be breaking out. I just hope Brees keeps targeting different guys all over the field. Meachem won't come cheap, but he shouldn't be expensive either. He has yet to have a lot of production because of Colston and the Saints spreading the ball around.

Weeden will be the best NFL QB in this class, he is just going to have a short career because of age. Dolphins can draft him in the 2nd or 3rd.

uga3406
01-02-2012, 12:11 AM
I think it would be far more efficient to try to trade down and then draft a pass rusher in the 1st round.

Robert Meachem is the perfect move for the Dolphins at WR. He appears to be breaking out. I just hope Brees keeps targeting different guys all over the field. Meachem won't come cheap, but he shouldn't be expensive either. He has yet to have a lot of production because of Colston and the Saints spreading the ball around.

Weeden will be the best NFL QB in this class, he is just going to have a short career because of age. Dolphins can draft him in the 2nd or 3rd.

no thanks to weeden. not a fan of a 28 yr old rookie

sinPHIN
01-02-2012, 03:31 AM
no way blackmon gets past the rams. and dre over claiborn?

sinPHIN
01-02-2012, 03:36 AM

again no no no! dude why ? weeden will not be the best in the draft. 2nd, 3rd maybe. but i dont wont a 28 year old rookie, and i bet ireland doesnt either. and meachem wtf dude? meachem looks good in that saints uni bc well its the saints o. just bring in a young pup in. you are making arguements of who we should draft but havent said who you want in the first. floyd would be a great #2 for this team. the guy is a playmaker. and compliments marshall well.

Roman529
01-02-2012, 04:01 AM
I'd love Blackmon if we go with a WR, if not Michael Floyd, WR of Notre Dame would be a nice consolation prize. I would take Mo Claiborne over Dre Kirkpatrick. Irregardless,,,,We should get a really good pick who can start on Day One.

BigNastyDB13
01-02-2012, 05:40 AM
no way blackmon gets past the rams. and dre over claiborn? If the Rams get locked.in that 2nd spot, I don't think its a guarantee they take Blackmon 2nd overall. He s not going to put up a great 40 time and 2is a little high for Blackmon. We ll see, but don't pretend Blackmon is a lock, especially at 2.