PDA

View Full Version : I would like to see OT, WR and TE be our first three picks.

Mage_Phin
01-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Assuming that we're out of the running for Luck/Griffin, I would love to see the Dolphins pick up an OT, WR and TE along with signing Matt Flynn to compete with Moore. If we could end up with some combination of Michael Floyd/Kendall Wright, Riley Reiff/Mike Adams, Dwayne Allen/Coby Fleener I'd be ecstatic. Reiff/Wright/Fleener would be ideal IMO.

Generic Name
01-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Assuming that we're out of the running for Luck/Griffin, I would love to see the Dolphins pick up an OT, WR and TE along with signing Matt Flynn to compete with Moore. If we could end up with some combination of Michael Floyd/Kendall Wright, Riley Reiff/Mike Adams, Dwayne Allen/Coby Fleener I'd be ecstatic. Reiff/Wright/Fleener would be ideal IMO.

Why would you ever take a RT with #9 overall pick? I mean really, have we sunk this low. YOu'd take Riley Whiff over a good WR?

Mage_Phin
01-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Because this is a deep WR class and OT is a bigger need?

Elliott 1
01-01-2012, 10:41 PM
I couldn't disagree more.

This year's TE crop is awful at the top. Allen is the same player as Charles Clay, I mean really, show me a significant difference physically or in how they project in usage.

The answer at RT is Tony Bergstrom. Way underrated and is early 2nd or even late 1st round talent IMO that is being projected as a 4th round pick.

The move to make at WR is free agent Robert Meachem who would be absolutely perfect for the Dolphins and he looks like he is ready to have a breakout season and take his game to an elite level.

Dolphins need to draft a pass rusher high because there isn't likely to be much available in free agency; although I would hope that they aggressively pursue Kroy Bierman, but Taylor is retiring and both Trusnick and Ike Francis totally stink!!

QB should be addressed early. Weeden and Tannenhill in the 2nd round and Russell Wilson in the 5th would be an excellent addition for the #3 and a wildcat option.

I'm not at all sure that Reshad Jones is the answer at FS and Yeremiah Bell is going to be 33 and in a contract year next season.

Kistner10
01-01-2012, 11:08 PM
I just want us to take the BPA if we can't trade up for a QB.

We have holes at RT,FS, possibily RG, and a pass rushing OLB. I would also love to somehow get Claiborne and move Smith to FS. After that get the best RT we can find in the 2nd round. I'm not opposed to taking a RT in the first if he's BPA, although I'd like to see that addressed in free agency.

Valandui
01-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Only OL worth taking in the top ten is DeCastro.

sinPHIN
01-02-2012, 03:29 AM

This year's TE crop is awful at the top. Allen is the same player as Charles Clay, I mean really, show me a significant difference physically or in how they project in usage.

The answer at RT is Tony Bergstrom. Way underrated and is early 2nd or even late 1st round talent IMO that is being projected as a 4th round pick.

The move to make at WR is free agent Robert Meachem who would be absolutely perfect for the Dolphins and he looks like he is ready to have a breakout season and take his game to an elite level.

Dolphins need to draft a pass rusher high because there isn't likely to be much available in free agency; although I would hope that they aggressively pursue Kroy Bierman, but Taylor is retiring and both Trusnick and Ike Francis totally stink!!

QB should be addressed early. Weeden and Tannenhill in the 2nd round and Russell Wilson in the 5th would be an excellent addition for the #3 and a wildcat option.

I'm not at all sure that Reshad Jones is the answer at FS and Yeremiah Bell is going to be 33 and in a contract year next season.
how is the top two te's in this draft awful? fleener is a great te, and allen can block and be a seam threat. and meachem? no thanks, just take floyd with the first, or trade down and take him with the first. pass rush can be had in the 3rd, and i wouldnt be to upset with weeden in the 2nd but i would rather have fleener. and everyone needs to get over the fact that we probly wont be able to get a franchise qb in this draft

ShaneHulscher
01-02-2012, 08:04 AM
I dont know what it is about the kid but Malcom Floyd has bust written all over him

Generic Name
01-02-2012, 08:58 PM

Agree with everything except the Clay-Allen comparison. Allen is 6'4" 255 and much more of an in-line blocker and traditional TE than Clay. There are a number of 2nd to 3rd round TE's who would be upgrades or at least exciting options for next HC and OC.

Pass rusher and FS/SS are definite needs as well. I'm pretty sure that Reshad Jones is not and won't be the answer and Bell is getting up there
I hope people see that Sean Smith doesn't hit anybody and really isn't suited for FS. I'd be happy with either Alabama safety in this draft.

Meachem would be an excellent get and would negate the need to go get a WR in this draft.

mrbunglez
01-02-2012, 09:05 PM
God if we go offensive line again this year I'm going to go ape****.

finsfanjay13
01-02-2012, 09:37 PM
For once, this team needs to take a play maker in the draft regardless of their "position". I realize that a RT is needed, but I'd rather go with somebody like Upshaw or a stud receiver over a RT. You can find your RT (at the very least, one better than Mark Sucko) in the 2nd or 3rd. Get a damn player for once in the first.

finsfanjay13
01-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Because this is a deep WR class and OT is a bigger need?

I've been one of the largest advocates for Wright on this board, but I truly believe that he'll end up being drafted in the late first. He has enough tape to make many teams a believer. Reiff is a nice player, and I could see the Dolphins drafting him, but this team needs change. A change would be *not* drafting a safe, conservative lineman. A change would be drafting a true play maker in the top-10. Many will be there.

Roman529
01-02-2012, 10:02 PM
I dont know what it is about the kid but Malcom Floyd has bust written all over him

How so? Is this based on a hunch or have you actually watched him play???