PDA

View Full Version : Rams= draft partner

PhinMagic
01-02-2012, 06:29 PM
More than likely, we are going to be looking at the Rams as our go to team as far as trades are concerned. This will be our only chance at landing RGIII or Luck (whoever is not taken 1). So hear me out....before anyone goes ballistic about what I'm gonna say think about the scenario. Jake Long, Brandon Marshall and if its a must throw in next years two for the second pick. Long is obviously breaking down and Marshall..... I love Long but is he ever gonna hold up? I like Marshall but the guy drops everything thrown to him and when he does make a catch, he's calling for a replacement. We take our QB at 2, then with our other first rounder and with any luck either the WR from OKST or one of the top corners. second round, draft fleener. thats an instant turnaround on offense, especially if we get the WR. if we land the corner, we could have the top duo in the league. Davis is coming along strong, so pair him with a top rated corner.......hmmm.

MiamiDolfan85
01-02-2012, 06:32 PM
St. Louis is taking Matt Kalil....

MiZFiT
01-02-2012, 06:32 PM
I respectfully disagree with this.

PhinMagic
01-02-2012, 06:34 PM
St. Louis is taking Matt Kalil....

st. louis can fix 2 problems at once. who says kalil will be as good as long when he's healthy.

BassFin
01-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Great, so our new QB will have no protection and no No. 1 receiver to throw to. Should be fun!

PhinMagic
01-02-2012, 06:37 PM
did it really look like the O line missed a beat without Long?? Jerry played pretty solid at LT. the position is overrated anyway, center is the most important position on the line and we obviously have that locked up. thats why i'm hoping the wideout from OKST is still there @ 8/9

dolpns13
01-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Id trade Long if it nets us ONLY a QB. I would not trade Marshall... Youre talking about our two best offensive weapons for a player that could be a bust. And just for arguements sake, what if we trade Long and Marshall and the QB is a bust? We're doomed for a minimim of 5 years. I would trade Long (again only if it nets us a QB), but not Marshall.

MiamiDolfan85
01-02-2012, 06:38 PM
st. louis can fix 2 problems at once. who says kalil will be as good as long when he's healthy.why would you purchase pre-owned merchandise when you can get your items fresh out the box....

Im sorry, I just dont see it

CalDolFan1014
01-02-2012, 06:39 PM
I don't like this idea. Jake Long has taken his lumps, but he'll continue to be a force. The guy is only 26 years old and is the anchor of our questionable line. A banged up biceps isn't going to stop that. He should be ready to go next season. Marshall, while he's had his drops, he is Mr Reliable for our offense. He's a top 3 receiver in the AFC this year. If we DO trade these two for the Rams' pick our line could be shaky at best and we'd lose our best offensive weapon. What good is a RGIII if we lose our best offensive lineman AND our top wide receiver???

PhinMagic
01-02-2012, 06:39 PM
if this trade happened and we landed the wideout from OKST, all we are really doing is going back in time and correcting our Long/Ryan mistake

Travis34
01-02-2012, 06:40 PM
did it really look like the O line missed a beat without Long?? Jerry played pretty solid at LT. the position is overrated anyway, center is the most important position on the line and we obviously have that locked up. thats why i'm hoping the wideout from OKST is still there @ 8/9

Jerry has shown improvement, but is nowhere close to Jake. Did it miss a beat? Umm, I guarantee with Long in there our run game would have looked much better against the Jets.

And to trade up that much for freaking RGIII would be crazy. I mean, yeah, I'd trade up for him but not for a king's ransom.

MiamiDolfan85
01-02-2012, 06:41 PM
did it really look like the O line missed a beat without Long?? Jerry played pretty solid at LT. the position is overrated anyway, center is the most important position on the line and we obviously have that locked up. thats why i'm hoping the wideout from OKST is still there @ 8/9Jerry played against Buffalo and NYJ.....neither have a good pass rusher, nevertheless he played well but banking on him is probably the most irresponsible thing one could do

PhinMagic
01-02-2012, 06:43 PM
i understand the whole bust scenario, but we need to take a chance. this is the year to get a QB. the team is very solid, we just need that one MAJOR piece. by us sticking with Moore we are holding ourselves back. and do people really want to give Flynn a Kolb type of deal after 1 game???

Jersey DolFan
01-02-2012, 06:45 PM
i understand the whole bust scenario, but we need to take a chance. this is the year to get a QB. the team is very solid, we just need that one MAJOR piece. by us sticking with Moore we are holding ourselves back. and do people really want to give Flynn a Kolb type of deal after 1 game???

do ppl really want to trade away our 2 best offensive proven weapons for a rookie in luck and a project (sorry he is) in RG3? same logic applies man.

MiZFiT
01-02-2012, 06:47 PM
do ppl really want to trade away our 2 best offensive proven weapons for a rookie in luck and a project (sorry he is) in RG3? same logic applies man.

True enough, but I'm way more comfortable pulling the trigger on a deal to go get luck.

IMO, Flynn is a lateral move at QB, and luck will be a significant upgrade. But only time will tell.

Heinegrabber
01-02-2012, 06:48 PM
More than likely, we are going to be looking at the Rams as our go to team as far as trades are concerned. This will be our only chance at landing RGIII or Luck (whoever is not taken 1). So hear me out....before anyone goes ballistic about what I'm gonna say think about the scenario. Jake Long, Brandon Marshall and if its a must throw in next years two for the second pick. Long is obviously breaking down and Marshall..... I love Long but is he ever gonna hold up? I like Marshall but the guy drops everything thrown to him and when he does make a catch, he's calling for a replacement. We take our QB at 2, then with our other first rounder and with any luck either the WR from OKST or one of the top corners. second round, draft fleener. thats an instant turnaround on offense, especially if we get the WR. if we land the corner, we could have the top duo in the league. Davis is coming along strong, so pair him with a top rated corner.......hmmm.

We don't need an offensive turnaround. We need time to perfect our offense we still have glaring issues that stop us from running our offense at 100%.

MiamiDolfan85
01-02-2012, 06:49 PM
i understand the whole bust scenario, but we need to take a chance. this is the year to get a QB. the team is very solid, we just need that one MAJOR piece. by us sticking with Moore we are holding ourselves back. and do people really want to give Flynn a Kolb type of deal after 1 game???we dont have to trade our own players just to move up, and if any trade partner the Phins would have, it would be with Minnesota because they can go in many directions....St. Louis needs any help on oline, the likelihood of them trading out is too minimal to percentage.

3rdandinches
01-02-2012, 06:49 PM
I love these posts....rip our players and then tell everyone to trade them for big value. So their not god enough for us but some team would give up the 2nd pick in the draft for an injury prone OLman and a WR that drops the ball, makes sense to me.

PhinMagic
01-02-2012, 06:50 PM
i just don't see how this is king's ransom. Long is young and already has two bad knees, shoulder issues and now a biceps tear. Marshall is a headcase with a major case of the drops. and if anyone says another word about our O-Line being **** if Long isn't there.....SEE PACKERS.

PhinMagic
01-02-2012, 06:53 PM
i just can't wait until the matt flynn threads start. one great game lets give the guy the keys to the mercedes and 40 million.

dolpns13
01-02-2012, 06:54 PM

yes, we need to take a chance, but giving up Long and Marshall is FAR too big a risk. Again I would package Jake in a trade only if it nets us either Luck or RG3. I would not want to see us trade Jake for any other QB and I would not trade Marshall for anything.

Im all for taking a chance, but only a realistic chance. It is crazy to trade BOTH of our best offensive weapons.

MiamiDolfan85
01-02-2012, 06:55 PM
I love these posts....rip our players and then tell everyone to trade them for big value. So their not god enough for us but some team would give up the 2nd pick in the draft for an injury prone OLman and a WR that drops the ball, makes sense to me.http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/01/SBS085-1.gif

Chuck-182
01-02-2012, 07:14 PM
yes, we need to take a chance, but giving up Long and Marshall is FAR too big a risk. Again I would package Jake in a trade only if it nets us either Luck or RG3. I would not want to see us trade Jake for any other QB and I would not trade Marshall for anything.

Im all for taking a chance, but only a realistic chance. It is crazy to trade BOTH of our best offensive weapons.

Totally agreed. I wouldn't mind if we packaged Long for the number two pick this year but I think we'd need to keep Marshall.

shanegerard
01-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Trading Jake long would e amazingly dumb. You do not give up everything you have and then ask Vernon Carey or someone to protect the chosen one's blindside.

dolpns13
01-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Trading Jake long would e amazingly dumb. You do not give up everything you have and then ask Vernon Carey or someone to protect the chosen one's blindside.

obviously we wouldnt put Carey at LT as at this point he is only as good as a back-up RT. We can find a good LT in FA or later in the draft.

gardena19
01-02-2012, 07:46 PM
So the Rams are getting Long, Marshall and a 2013 second round pick for the# 2 pick in the draft?.....your fu..ing dreaming dude.....moronsayswhat...

Edit.....and the Rams will absorb the 17 million in salary these 2 players will receive in 2012? for the #2 pick in this years draft.....jeez your a Homer....

zach attach
01-02-2012, 07:46 PM
The Rams will take Blackmon or Riley. They could trade down, but why. Two studs right there.

MRojas4
01-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Ok, for everyone saying we dont need a great LT, please tell me what happen to Romo against the Giants.

And trading Marshall? Top 10 WR in the league, yeah please lets trade him.

dolpns13
01-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Ok, for everyone saying we dont need a great LT, please tell me what happen to Romo against the Giants.

And trading Marshall? Top 10 WR in the league, yeah please lets trade him.

You dont need a probowl LT to be a great offensive team. Using Romo and Doug Free as an example for needing an elite LT is a bad example since Doug Free is a bad LT. Plenty of playoff teams have good but not great LT's. Lions, Falcons, Giants, etc... do not have LT's as good as Long but yet they are in the playoffs

13marino13
01-02-2012, 10:43 PM

So you want to trade two proven veteran stars, for a gamble at QB, and if he turns out to be Ryan Leaf or Tim Couch, then what?

13marino13
01-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Besides that, who is gonna protect his backside, and who is he going to throw it to?