PDA

View Full Version : call me crazy but the colts might

sinPHIN
01-02-2012, 10:07 PM
draft rg3 with the first and let him sit behind peyton for a couple of years. just a crazy idea. anything can happen.

Roman529
01-02-2012, 10:11 PM
draft rg3 with the first and let him sit behind peyton for a couple of years. just a crazy idea. anything can happen.

I really am wondering why Irsay fired the Polians today??? There must be some major philosophical differences on Jim Caldwell, the coach, or maybe whether to draft Luck/RG3, or just stick with P. Manning and trade the overall pick for a boatload of picks??

trojanma
01-02-2012, 10:36 PM
Not a chance.
Luck is going first. There is no other alternative.
If they want anyone else then they will trade the pick. They could go down to 3rd still get RG3 and pick up a 2nd round pick in the process.

PJack
You are crazy. No offense, but the Colts are taking Luck.

MiamiDolfan85
okay......your crazy

DolphinFan87
01-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Not a chance.
Luck is going first. There is no other alternative.
If they want anyone else then they will trade the pick. They could go down to 3rd still get RG3 and pick up a 2nd round pick in the process.

Whose the 3rd pick, the vikings? Why would the vikings want to trade up to the first pick? They aren't drafting a QB and the lineman are still going to be there at 3. #4 is who, the browns? They can still wait because they know the rams and vikings aren't picking a QB. Unless they REALLY want Luck that bad. Bucs up next and they love Freeman. Redskins might be the only ones to trade with. But I have a feeling they trade down to gather more picks.

ChrisHanson
01-03-2012, 09:09 AM
I've been saying all along that I doubt the Colts pick Luck...IF Manning is healthy. He must be healthy.

Irsay chose Manning over Polian.

Irsay considers Manning family.

Polian wanted to dump Manning to get Luck.

Luck will not back-up Manning for a single game, let alone 2-4 seasons.

Luck will not go to Indy with Manning there.

Polian wanted to call all the shots and didn't want to be the guy who had to trade Andrew Luck.

Polian’s plans was to go Luck week 1 next year and move on from Manning. Irsay was having none of it.

Indy is going to trade 1st overall for a boatload of picks and try to win with Manning for 2-5 more years.

Right or wrong, it’s the reality of what happened in Indy this week and the direction the Colts will be taking.

JCane
01-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Colts are taking Luck. It sucks...but there's no way they pass up on another 10+ seasons of having a great QB.

NBP81
01-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Im not sure you can have both Manning and Luck on the same team at the beginning of the season... Luck wont sit, why would he when later picks like Dalton brought their teams to the playoffs as rookies? And I dont think Colts owner wants to get rid of Peyton so...

SamIam
01-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Crazy

ticophin
01-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Id send the house...this is it, if the shop is open, we have to go get him!!!

Fromwayback
01-03-2012, 11:47 PM
What if Manning i medically cleared to play & the Colts decide Blackman is the guy? They can't trade out of the #1 spot still because the Rams may be targeting Blackman as well. Maybe the real trade partner will be Stl. I am not in favor of trading Long will or Marshall but for a trade up to the #2 spot to draft Luck I would part with Marshall & our 2nd round pick.