PDA

View Full Version : Why not Weeden in the 2nd or 3rd?

mag1carl
01-02-2012, 11:32 PM
I say keep Moore, draft Weeden in the 2-3rd and get a dominant wide receiver or o line

OnslaughtXX6
01-02-2012, 11:37 PM
ehh

Vaark
01-02-2012, 11:41 PM
Absopositively. another chance this year to pick up a top 10 talent for an age-depreciated late 1st or early 2nd value price, if we can orchestrate a trade and providing Ireland doesn't screw up this time and take another RB who's on the shelf as often as not.

To hell with those 7th round 2 game wonders.. let's go get the real deal! My fondest wish: Blackmon falling to us in the 1st and then trading up to get Weeden.

Tiko377
01-02-2012, 11:43 PM
i am really tired of these 2nd and 3rd round draft pick Quarterbacks for us and especially considering how OLD Weeden is why don't we just sign a F.A who already knows the NFL speed to compete with Matt Moore.

I rather sign Flynn then get Weeden

i am curious to see how much Jones falls in the draft

MiZFiT
01-02-2012, 11:48 PM
Why do people think we will get top 10 talent in the second round. Makes no sense to me :idk:

He is not top 10 talent. He is a serviceable QB with potential to be good if he has time to sit and learn the NFL game.

WeVie
01-02-2012, 11:49 PM
I would not be opposed to Weeden.

Tureo
01-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Because he's a man amongst boys now. That will change once he's drafted.

SQuinn17
01-03-2012, 12:01 AM
The guy will be 30 in a year and a half. No thanks!

dolfaneric12
01-03-2012, 12:01 AM
Second round quarterbacks always work for the Dolphins

MadDog 88
01-03-2012, 12:20 AM
Because many limit their options when it doesn't fit their agenda. Weeden, Tannehill or Flynn have to be considered as options because there really not a lot more then that avaiable. I love Weeden and am intrigued by Flynn. I have not seen enough of Tanehill to comfortably form an opinionso I'll have to rely on disecting others thoughts.

As for the subject, I am good with Weedens age. Many examples of Hall of Fame QBs who were Weedens age when they took their first NFL snap.

DevilInPgh
01-03-2012, 12:26 AM
Because many limit their options when it doesn't fit their agenda. Weeden, Tannehill or Flynn have to be considered as options because there really not a lot more then that avaiable. I love Weeden and am intrigued by Flynn. I have not seen enough of Tanehill to comfortably form an opinionso I'll have to rely on disecting others thoughts.

As for the subject, I am good with Weedens age. Many examples of Hall of Fame QBs who were Weedens age when they took their first NFL snap.

But how many training camps did those QBs go through prior to their first snap? Weeden will be going to his first training camp at the age of 29! He either needs to go 0-60 immediately or get kicked to the curb as Beck 2.0.

Dolphin Dave
01-03-2012, 12:38 AM
I'd take him in the 5th but not higher. Your gonna have him for 4 years and then he will be collecting social
Security.

MadDog 88
01-03-2012, 12:42 AM
But how many training camps did those QBs go through prior to their first snap? Weeden will be going to his first training camp at the age of 29! He either needs to go 0-60 immediately or get kicked to the curb as Beck 2.0.0 for Kurt Warner. He bagged groceries.

MiZFiT
01-03-2012, 12:58 AM
0 for Kurt Warner. He bagged groceries.

For every Kurt warner you name, I can give a John beck. It's a moot point. No one knows how well he will fair in the NFL

MadDog 88
01-03-2012, 01:11 AM
For every Kurt warner you name, I can give a John beck. It's a moot point. No one knows how well he will fair in the NFLExactly. No one knows if he'll be a success or failure unless they take the chance.

EmperorPhin
01-03-2012, 01:14 AM
But how many training camps did those QBs go through prior to their first snap? Weeden will be going to his first training camp at the age of 29! He either needs to go 0-60 immediately or get kicked to the curb as Beck 2.0.
0-60 hes halfway there!

Aqua and Orange
01-03-2012, 01:14 AM
I like Weeden, I really do, but that is far too old for a rookie. Matt Flynn is 2.5 years younger than him and has been actually, you know, PLAYING IN THE NFL.

FightingPhins
01-03-2012, 02:09 AM
Oh man, a late 20's QB in the second round again! Huzzah!

Seriously, can I just burn our 2nd round pick for warmth? Cause that would be about as useful.

rickd13
01-03-2012, 08:09 AM
For every Kurt warner you name, I can give a John beck. It's a moot point. No one knows how well he will fair in the NFL

John Beck couldn't dream of throwing the ball like Weeden can.

Hayden Fox
01-03-2012, 09:08 AM
I want to see Weeden during the evaluation process this winter/spring.

I think he is really bad when he is pressured. Plus, he has studs on the perimeter in a very offensively friendly team. However, maybe he excels in the Senior Bowl, but I will say the following again.

* Struggles when pressured
* Big 12 D's are bad
* Has studs on the outside

I think there could be other QB's that are worth more of the investment...HOWEVER, hopefully, Weeden gets involved in the Senior Bowl or Shrine Bowl and shows he can make the adjustment to being a NFL QB quickly.

WaxOn WaxOff
01-03-2012, 09:47 AM
I don't think he makes it to the 2nd round. I believe someone will take him late in the 1st. Jets? Broncos? We think as fans, who will help the franchise the longest. The GMs and coaches have to win NOW. Weeden will be taken by someone before the 2nd round comes. That's OK. How much of Weeden's production was due to Blackmon? I think he is the future NFL All-Pro off that team. He's the one I would really want, but after yesterday's bowl showing, I'm thinking St Louis or Cleveland can't pass on him.

ticophin
01-03-2012, 10:38 AM
If i was Jets managment, IŽd go for Weeden...and he wonŽt get to the 9th pick in the 2nd round, especially with only 2 clear cut 1st round QBs, and so many teams that could use his skills...

dr.jake
01-03-2012, 10:45 AM
i can already picture weeden roaming miami beach with his black socks and metal detector.