PDA

View Full Version : Bigger Need, WR or SOLB?

DaDolfan25
01-02-2012, 11:36 PM
What position would you say is a bigger need for the team WR or SOLB. Obviously, with the retirement of Jason Taylor it opens up a hole at SOLB, especially with the disappointing play of Koa Misi this year. Additionally, with the NFL becoming so passing friendly it is apparent we don't have enough WR's. I also get the feeling that we are not going to trade up for RGIII in the draft so who would you pick so if you haf to pick between the best WR available or best pass rusher available with our first round selection.

Kistner10
01-03-2012, 12:22 AM
I think a pass rushing OLB is a bigger need than WR. Misi is solid but we really need another LB to rush the passer.

Adding a big play WR would be nice, but I don't think we'd be hurting if we went into next season with the same WR's.

Stefins
01-03-2012, 12:25 AM
I think we need a LB that can cover these TEs we play.

Plus we need to get a TE that gives Defenses fits!

baseballcb95
01-03-2012, 12:27 AM
I want a playmaker at pick 8/9, assuming luck, griffin, blackmon, claiborne are gone... give me upshaw or richardson.

SMadison29
01-03-2012, 02:31 PM
I think a pass rushing OLB is a bigger need than WR. Misi is solid but we really need another LB to rush the passer.

Adding a big play WR would be nice, but I don't think we'd be hurting if we went into next season with the same WR's.

I agree but I think I would prefer Michael Floyd over Courtney Upshaw, a player who disappears & doesn't give full effort all the time.

miami234ever
01-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Definitely SOLB. Our WR "need" is very overrated on these boards and can be easily covered up with what's called a "franchise quarterback." Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Roethlesberger make any WR's look better than they are. What we need at the WR position is for Clyde Gates to develop.

j-off-her-doll
01-03-2012, 02:47 PM
I don't know if I can pass up on Blackmon - if he were to somehow fall - but otherwise, I'm taking Upshaw over anyone else (with the possible exception of Richardson - tough call there).

305finforlife
01-03-2012, 03:39 PM
WR only if it is Blackmon. Other than that OLB. Go looking for our Welker/Austin/M.Wallace/Antonio Brown/V.Cruz types in the mid rounds ... were we should invest our money.

Tunaphish429
01-03-2012, 04:14 PM
If Blackmon is available I would love to get him..The guy is the play maker we thought we were gettting in Marshall.. We def need an OLB to rush the passer for sure..

We actually did alot better covering TE's this year..Dansby and Burnett were alot better than what we had in the past..

2413fanphins
01-03-2012, 06:29 PM
there are four guys I am taking over courtney upshaw...

andrew luck, trent richardson, justin blackmon and morris claiborne....

upshaw/wake would catapult this D, IMO

Elliott 1
01-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Dolphins need pass rushers, three of them. JT is retiring,Trusnik stinks bad, and Ike Francis just doesn't get it and he is a FA. Dolphins need to sign two guys and draft a guy.

I like Kroy Bierman and Trevor Scott unless by some miracle Mario Williams comes available. In the draft I think it is impossible to say right now.

justdev7
01-04-2012, 02:30 AM
OLB all the way

datruth55
01-04-2012, 03:47 AM
Going to have to hold off on who our biggest need will be until I see who the new coach is and whether or not we stay in the 3-4 but IMO I don't see WR as a need. If Blackmon were to fall to us though I would take him based on BPA but I'm pretty sure he'll be gone in the top 5.