PDA

View Full Version : Trade Jake Long to St. Louis, draft RG3.

MLQ
01-03-2012, 12:30 AM
I just saw a mock draft where St. Louis drafted the Tackle from USC, I think his name is KIlli.
If they need a LT, we should offer them Jake Long and our 1st pick t 8/9 to move up to #2 and then draft RG3.
Should be an easy sell to them, and they're in the NFC.

Long is great, but we can make this trade when free agancy starts and get a decent LT to take his place.
A good LT and RG3 make our team better than a great Jake Long and Matt Moore.

Moore is actually pretty decent, probably better than
all of the stiffs that have been QB here since Marino left.

I just don't see us ever challenging for a Super Bowl unless we get a special player at QB, and Griffin looks to be special.

We've tried everything since Marino left. Big name coaches, load up on defense, etc., but never a 1st round QB.
Let's make this the year that we move up and reach for greatness. What do you think?

DolfanAdam
01-03-2012, 12:40 AM
Sorry dude, but no way.

Long is one of the very few players on our team who I wouldn't even consider giving up, especially for unproven rookie like RGIII. I would probably do it for Luck because he's a very special talent, but that's about it. We F'ed ourselves on this draft, and think we should just make the best of the pick we have now.

Rich22
01-03-2012, 12:41 AM
You can't trade one of the best LT's in the game at such a young age. Granted he has been beat up but this guy is a stud! I love the hype for RG3 but really??? The guy is not all that. Let's see him under center just once. Signing Flynn would be a good move. Keeping Moore a good move. Traidng alot for RG3 - no way. RG3 would not start next year and you just created a BIG hole to go along with RT and RG for next year. We need a big time WR to go with Marshall.

SebasMiamiFan
01-03-2012, 12:42 AM
Maybe for Luck, but not for RG3.

Strangeworld
01-03-2012, 12:49 AM
Meh I would do it in a heartbeat... LT's don't win you super bowls.

Name we the "elite" LT's in the playoffs right now?

Chad Clifton? Joe Staley? Bushrod? Ore?

Please these guy are all serviceable which is all you need if you have an elite QB.

CalDolFan10x14
01-03-2012, 12:53 AM

Please these guy are all serviceable which is all you need if you have an elite QB.

Yeah, but with our shaky OL situation right now, we can't afford to trade away the one consistent man on that unit. Someone's gotta block for RG3. Jake may not win Super Bowl like you said, but neither will a franchise QB without protection.

phin_23
01-03-2012, 03:18 AM
Have you seen our oline play LOL? and you want to trade one of the best LT in the game today. Any Qb without Jake long would Die behind this oline.

rainmaker1313
01-03-2012, 05:42 AM
I just saw a mock draft where St. Louis drafted the Tackle from USC, I think his name is KIlli.
If they need a LT, we should offer them Jake Long and our 1st pick t 8/9 to move up to #2 and then draft RG3.
Should be an easy sell to them, and they're in the NFC.

Long is great, but we can make this trade when free agancy starts and get a decent LT to take his place.
A good LT and RG3 make our team better than a great Jake Long and Matt Moore.

Moore is actually pretty decent, probably better than
all of the stiffs that have been QB here since Marino left.

I just don't see us ever challenging for a Super Bowl unless we get a special player at QB, and Griffin looks to be special.

We've tried everything since Marino left. Big name coaches, load up on defense, etc., but never a 1st round QB.
Let's make this the year that we move up and reach for greatness. What do you think?

nah!

JCane
01-03-2012, 06:11 AM
I wouldn't do this deal no matter how you slice it, but you're overpaying for RG3 in that #2 spot. That's bad business. RG3 isn't worth the #2 overall pick unless you're absolutely convinced that he can step in and flip a franchise.

Jake Long for RG3 straight up at the six spot isn't even worth it.

Valandui
01-03-2012, 07:25 AM
This thread can't be serious.

rickd13
01-03-2012, 08:05 AM

You're assuming that RGIII will be an elite quarterback.

dr.jake
01-03-2012, 04:59 PM
you do understand value? you'd essentially be trading the #1 overall pick of the draft and the #8 overall for the #2 pick overall. no deal.

Roman529
01-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Sorry but NOOOO way. If we trade Long to get RG3, then who is going to play Left tackle for us? Jake Long is a four time pro bowler and future Hall of Famer....RG3 may have a good career but he may also turn into Vince Young.

perfect1
01-03-2012, 11:27 PM
Wow............ I guess Ive heard it all. Stop all the trade jake talk