PDA

View Full Version : T. Richardson would be difficult to pass up

Dolfan4life
01-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Assuming we are at #9 and both Luck and RG3 are gone and Richardson is the best left on the board I'd pull the trigger and take him

Reggie isn't signed long term, DT is no where near the talent of Richardson.

baseballcb95
01-03-2012, 01:37 AM
and assuming blackmon and claiborne are gone... Then we are picking between Floyd, Upshaw, and Richardson. It would be hard to pass him up though, cant wait to see his combine numbers

datruth55
01-03-2012, 01:41 AM
I know most mocks have Cleveland taking RGIII but I really see them taking Richardson. With all the headaches they had this year with Peyton Hillis they're going to let him walk it just makes sense for them to take Richardson who's a better receiver out of the backfield than Hillis anyway.

insom187
01-03-2012, 01:43 AM
Definitely the build to do things at the next level but we'll see how the team looks when that day gets here. Might still have bigger needs when that day rolls around.

state06
01-03-2012, 01:44 AM
Bush ran the ball outstandingly this season. with that said, it would be hard to pass if the bigger need players were gone. If he was drafted here, would bush accept a 3rd down or split role? do we trade Thomas? do we play Bush more at WR similar to Spiller from Buffalo? I believe richardson will be a better player than both Floyd and Upshaw, but after trading up for Thomas last offseason, i find it hard that Ireland will draft another RB early with his job on the line.

Hayden Fox
01-03-2012, 04:11 AM
Lamar Miller is better than Richardson.

Elliott 1
01-03-2012, 11:07 AM
If Trent Richardson did fall to the Dolphins it would be a Godsend. The Giants would pay through the nose to trade up and draft this kid. Dolphins could get a 2nd and a 2013 1st.

Jacobs won't be with the team next year and Bradshaw can't stay on the field. I don't think he has ever played a whole season. Giants have a pretty full roster, they may indeed be looking to trade up for Richardson.

Tunaphish429
01-03-2012, 11:13 AM
It really would be hard to pass him up..But if he is there you gotta think someone is gonna try and come up to get him...

That would be sick backfield tho. Reggie, Dt and Trent...Beef up the D with the rest of the picks and smash mouth football begins.

WaxOn WaxOff
01-03-2012, 12:22 PM
If Trent Richardson did fall to the Dolphins it would be a Godsend. The Giants would pay through the nose to trade up and draft this kid. Dolphins could get a 2nd and a 2013 1st.

Jacobs won't be with the team next year and Bradshaw can't stay on the field. I don't think he has ever played a whole season. Giants have a pretty full roster, they may indeed be looking to trade up for Richardson.

They (the Giants) would have to pay through the nose for me to trade down on him. It is rare that we get a shot at players of this quality.

datruth55
01-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Don't think so. Lamar can't take the pounding Richardson can. He's got bad shoulders and towards the end of the season they limited his touches cause he was playing hurt. I don't know that Lamar can take the pounding of running the ball 20-25 times a game in the NFL.

SMadison29
01-03-2012, 01:58 PM

I know many of us U fans love Lamar Miller greatly but he's not better than Richardson. Hopefully you meant to say Lamar is faster than Richardson.

SMadison29
01-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Assuming we are at #9 and both Luck and RG3 are gone and Richardson is the best left on the board I'd pull the trigger and take him

Reggie isn't signed long term, DT is no where near the talent of Richardson.

Wasn't a fan of drafting Ronnie in the first round seven years ago (wanted Rodgers) & I'm not a fan of drafting another RB in the first round this year. The life span of a RB is very short & we already have a good one & a promising bruiser.

Valandui
01-03-2012, 02:08 PM
No it wouldn't. There are two positions that we absolutely do not need and one of them is definitely RB. Especially in the first round.

Tunaphish429
01-03-2012, 02:20 PM

Its your opinon but I think most would disagree.. Including myself.

Dmarino110
01-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Don't think so. Lamar can't take the pounding Richardson can. He's got bad shoulders and towards the end of the season they limited his touches cause he was playing hurt. I don't know that Lamar can take the pounding of running the ball 20-25 times a game in the NFL.How many times a game do the pats or saints or Green bay run a game? Why arent we looking at running back by committee and focusing on doing everything in our power to get a QB (things that NFL teams do in this NFL)...

Valandui
01-03-2012, 02:42 PM
The only thing that would piss me off more if we took it in round one is 3-4 DL.

305finforlife
01-03-2012, 03:36 PM
We should go with the point that with a new coach no position wont be considered. Even though it is not our pressing need. Can we pass on Trent sure, but it should not be an automatic assumption that we would. DT has had hammy issues and RB has durability issues. having trent who is a dual threat can possibly get people wanting to trade up as mentioned (not like Ingram).

So my stance would be, "We are going to fill hoes and strength areas on the team that put points on the boards (QB/RB/WR/TE and not like we been doing for OL/DL"

My 4rd Quick Mock (No trade downs/ups)
1. RG3/Blackmon/T.Richardson - fingers crossed
2. Weeden/D.Allen TE/R.Tannehill
3. T.Streeter
4. OL/OLB

Elliott 1
01-03-2012, 05:43 PM
I would like to see Jeff Demps drafted in the 5th round. Dolphins need a backup for the oft injured Bush. I'm not a Steve Slaton fan.