PDA

View Full Version : Casey Keenum is going to be good. I'm not just posting this becasue he lit up

PSUFAN
01-03-2012, 11:05 AM
my favorite teams defense. He gets rid of the ball ultra quick, has nice touch on the deep ball and is very accurate and aware in the pocket. I like this kid, i say the hell with it and take him in the second round. He may be the best of what's left after RG3 and Luck!!!

JCane
01-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Penn State's defense is not built to stop an air attack like that. They're a big, physical, bruising defense who wants to slug fists in the trenches. No surprise that Keenum did what he did yesterday. In that offense, he's going to succeed just like Kellen Moore. But those dudes aren't playing against any decent competition. Other than a Penn State team who was recently rocked by a scandal, Houston's toughest game was against Southern Miss.

flynryan15
01-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Sure he should be around in the third after we restock our oline.

DKphin
01-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Did they not say the same thing about David Klinger, who was also from the Univ. of Houston?

J Tes
01-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Did they not say the same thing about David Klinger, who was also from the Univ. of Houston?

It's a new NFL today than the one Klinger walked into 20 years ago. Not saying Keenum is going to succeed but he has a much better chance than Klinger did. It's a passing league now. Multiple reciever, spread offenses are more the norm now. Someone like Keenum that can sit in the pocket and surgically pick apart a D can succeed these days.

Side note: Makes Marino's '84 season that much more impressive. Marino would threaten to throw for 6000 yards in todays NFL

LANGER72
01-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Keenum is a nice development player. If he is there in the middle-late rounds, he is worth a look.

WaxOn WaxOff
01-03-2012, 01:18 PM

What do Klingler and Keenum have in common besides going to the same school? Let's judge him on his own merits. If the NFL QB thing doesn't work out Casey can always go back to doing American Top 40. He's been very good at that.

utahphinsfan
01-03-2012, 04:30 PM

A better comparison is Kevin Kolb not Klingler or even Andre Ware

Vaark
01-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Why would he have more upside than say, Kellen Moore?

Tunaphish429
01-03-2012, 04:45 PM

Klinger among a bunch of other spread qb's. If you are going to run a spread in the NFL with this kind of qb you need to have great talent around him..I dont trust someone like Keenum to make reads in a pro style like Brandon Weeden...If they sit and learn for a few years anything is possible thats why if I was going to take one it would be Keenum since he is younger and would likely be a later pick..But Miami does not have that luxury right now as far as most fans go.