PDA

View Full Version : calling all you draft guru's - vontaze burfict

SamIam
01-03-2012, 05:44 PM
I am a huge fan of this cat, I believe he is a 3 down LB and can be an impact player ( if you can get him under control )

Question:
1- Is the 8th/9th pick too high for vontaze burfict
2- Can he play OLB

ChambersWI
01-03-2012, 05:52 PM
not a 3-4 OLB. Talent wise, Burfict is top 10 pick. He just plays dumb and reckless in large spurts.

I think Luke Kuechkley has surpassed him as number 1 LB.

hooshoops
01-03-2012, 05:53 PM
kuechlys much safer a pick...theres no doubt about that

2413fanphins
01-03-2012, 05:54 PM
just give me courtney upshaw if we are taking a linebacker.

ticophin
01-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Our LB depth is definetly something that worries me, the drop off from Wake/Dansby/Burnett, to the rest, is pretty steep!!

Roman529
01-03-2012, 08:21 PM
I watch most of ASU's games as an ASU alum. Burfict has all the talent in the world but he has turned into a real "knucklehead." He gets flagged repeatedly for late hits, out-of-bound hits, helmet-to-helmet hits, etc. I would not take him with our top ten pick....but if he fell to the 2nd round, when we were on the clock, I might be willing to grab him, but he needs to get it together. I do like ASU's quarterback (Brock Osweiler) in 2013, if we don't draft a QB this year.

The Confessor
01-03-2012, 09:35 PM
I watch most of ASU's games as an ASU alum. Burfict has all the talent in the world but he has turned into a real "knucklehead." He gets flagged repeatedly for late hits, out-of-bound hits, helmet-to-helmet hits, etc. I would not take him with our top ten pick....but if he fell to the 2nd round, when we were on the clock, I might be willing to grab him, but he needs to get it together. I do like ASU's quarterback (Brock Osweiler) in 2013, if we don't draft a QB this year.

Yep, agreed on both counts.

NO THANKS to Burfict. Kid has million dollar talent with a Rex Ryan brain. Kid might rack up record number of personal foul penalties his rookie year.

Osweiler was the BEST collegiate QB in the State of Arizona this last year.......

Roman529
01-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Yep, agreed on both counts.

NO THANKS to Burfict. Kid has million dollar talent with a Rex Ryan brain. Kid might rack up record number of personal foul penalties his rookie year.

Osweiler was the BEST collegiate QB in the State of Arizona this last year.......

I really hope Burfict can get it together. When he is focused he is like Ray Lewis and can chase guys down all over the field and sack the QB, but I think ASU was probably flagged for more unsportsmanlike penalties then any team in the country. Terrell Suggs of the Ravens also went to ASU and he is also a borderline dirty player at times, but usually he is able to control himself. Burfict is the best ASU defender since Suggs. Osweiler started as a basketball player, and he is 6'8", and has only been ASU's quarterback for one year, but he moves really well for a big man and has a nice arm. One more year in school should really help him.

SF Dolphin Fan
01-04-2012, 12:04 AM
Our LB depth is definetly something that worries me, the drop off from Wake/Dansby/Burnett, to the rest, is pretty steep!!True. Plus this isn't a young group. We need to get some talented young backers out of this draft.

datruth55
01-04-2012, 12:10 AM
Well if we sign Fisher like most want around here because he's a "big name" coach we can say goodbye to Nolan and the rest of the defense. We'll be switching to the 4-3 which makes Koa Misi completely useless since he's too small for DE and too slow to play OLB. Wake might be able to play DE although I'm not sure he's big enough but he can't play OLB in the 4-3 either. As a matter of fact Dansby might be the only linebacker we have that can play in the 4-3 effectively.

With all that said Burfict is way too much of a head case to draft...great talent but I don't want him. Character counts for something and we don't need 52 other players becoming baby sitters for this guy. He's a selfish player that does selfish things like personal foul penalties at the worst time.

MiamiDolphin618
01-04-2012, 01:27 AM
Well if we sign Fisher like most want around here because he's a "big name" coach we can say goodbye to Nolan and the rest of the defense. We'll be switching to the 4-3 which makes Koa Misi completely useless since he's too small for DE and too slow to play OLB. Wake might be able to play DE although I'm not sure he's big enough but he can't play OLB in the 4-3 either. As a matter of fact Dansby might be the only linebacker we have that can play in the 4-3 effectively.

With all that said Burfict is way too much of a head case to draft...great talent but I don't want him. Character counts for something and we don't need 52 other players becoming baby sitters for this guy. He's a selfish player that does selfish things like personal foul penalties at the worst time.
I think Burnett could play OLB in a 4-3 as well.

hooshoops
01-04-2012, 02:09 AM
burflicts entered the draft...did so today...what a talent...i hope he doesn't waste it...

Elliott 1
01-04-2012, 03:17 AM
I live in Phoenix and I watched most of the games the last few years. I wouldn't take him before the third round. He is really over-hyped.

insom187
01-04-2012, 03:34 AM
This seems like an abnormally weak draft on the defensive side of the ball. Even in bad years there always seems to be one sure thing either at DE or OLB. Yet another bummer.

The Confessor
01-04-2012, 07:02 AM
This seems like an abnormally weak draft on the defensive side of the ball. Even in bad years there always seems to be one sure thing either at DE or OLB. Yet another bummer.

I tend to agree, and it showed across the Country this year.

PacXX is always marginal defensively, but there are usually 1 or 2 pretty darn good defenses...not this year.
Big12 was WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY down defensively this year.
Even the SEC was down aside from 2 teams.

Definitely not the best year to be stockpiling defensive players from the draft. Good thing for us, we don't need that many on defense IMHO.

dr.jake
01-04-2012, 01:21 PM
bama's ronnel lewis.