PDA

View Full Version : National Footbal Post Mock Draft

dolfan91
01-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Wes Bunting is a draft guru I really like and think he is one of the best outside of those on Finheaven ... His Mock Draft 1.0 is on the money .. not sure how to post a link ... but he has Miami taking Courtney Upshaw!!!

ChrisHanson
01-04-2012, 02:46 PM
The kid is a stud.

Tunaphish429
01-04-2012, 02:55 PM
I really wonder if Miami is gonna go back to a 43 or with Langford and Solai both being free agents..Upshaw would not make as much sense unless they see him as a DE/OLB in that Hybrid.

I dont see Buffalo drafting a tackle either.. The Bills line played really well before the injuries mounted against them.

Generic Name
01-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Wes Bunting is a draft guru I really like and think he is one of the best outside of those on Finheaven ... His Mock Draft 1.0 is on the money .. not sure how to post a link ... but he has Miami taking Courtney Upshaw!!!

Good pick, hopefully Bunting is way better than the finheaven "experts", especially the ones who don't see TE as a pressing need for this team.

to post a link, highlight the web address, right click and either cut or copy, drag it over to your new post and hit paste or copy

Gonzo
01-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Good pick, hopefully Bunting is way better than the finheaven "experts", especially the ones who don't see TE as a pressing need for this team.

to post a link, highlight the web address, right click and either cut or copy, drag it over to your new post and hit paste or copyI'll take our draft experts over national experts (which some of them are) any day, particularly when it comes to the Phins needs.

Generic Name
01-04-2012, 03:42 PM
I'll take our draft experts over national experts (which some of them are) any day, particularly when it comes to the Phins needs.

Sorry, but no "expert" who tells you Miami needs to take a right tackle or guard with the #8 or 9 overall pick is worth a stack of old Kiper draft books.

hooshoops
01-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Sorry, but no "expert" who tells you Miami needs to take a right tackle or guard with the #8 or 9 overall pick is worth a stack of old Kiper draft books.

thats fair...i would agree right tackle or guard is not the right play in the top 10...but at the same time if you don't realize that david decastro is one of those very rare interior prospects and i mean like once a decade type talent guys than you probably shouldn't be commenting on the validity of the gurus here...

Kistner10
01-04-2012, 04:54 PM
I don't think anyone is really wanting to take a RT or RG in the top 10.

Most people I've seen talk about the draft on this board want to take the BPA if we can't trade up for a QB. It just so happens that there are a couple of RT's that are thought of as top 10 material right now and it does fill a need.

Generic Name
01-04-2012, 05:01 PM
thats fair...i would agree right tackle or guard is not the right play in the top 10...but at the same time if you don't realize that david decastro is one of those very rare interior prospects and i mean like once a decade type talent guys than you probably shouldn't be commenting on the validity of the gurus here...

we could get sucked into this debate every year. If DeCastro was that good he'd be the number one OL prospect in this draft and he's 3 or 4 depending on who you believe.

The point is a RG should NEVER be picked as high as we're picking. Doesn't matter who it is. There's no value in taking an interior offensive lineman that high.

DudeleBroski
01-04-2012, 05:12 PM
we could get sucked into this debate every year. If DeCastro was that good he'd be the number one OL prospect in this draft and he's 3 or 4 depending on who you believe.The point is a RG should NEVER be picked as high as we're picking. Doesn't matter who it is. There's no value in taking an interior offensive lineman that high. The whole ranking of prospects isn't fact. Why doubt a guy being so great because the media says so? Do you remember what all the experts were saying about cam newton last year?

hooshoops
01-04-2012, 05:42 PM
we could get sucked into this debate every year. If DeCastro was that good he'd be the number one OL prospect in this draft and he's 3 or 4 depending on who you believe.

The point is a RG should NEVER be picked as high as we're picking. Doesn't matter who it is. There's no value in taking an interior offensive lineman that high.

i mean i see what your sayin to an extent...but the fact is under this new cba your not payin a guy in the top 10 to play guard $49 mil over 7 years like you may have in the old cba...and hey if the guy ends up the next steve hutchinson or a logan mankins like player i think its hard to say the values not there...a pick at #9 in this new cba won't even get a $20 mil contract over 4 years...so you have to take the money aspect out and just judge the player

david decastro is a top 10 bpa in this draft...at least to me he is...and there's nothing to say he's gonna be pidgeonholed a right guard anyways at the next level...i could easily see him at left guard or even center somewhere...

just about any year i would say to you right tackle and interior oline in the top 10 is bad value...heck this year i'll tell you for us especially right tackle in the top 10 is bad value...but again decastro imo and many others here is a very rare prospect and i think a real difference maker in the pros...so while i wouldn't be all that excited if we went that route depending on what was on the board i wouldn't go postal either...and incognito at left guard...yeah no thanks...its a need

all that said i'm holding out hopes for an andrew luck trade if possible and if not i'm looking at an edge pass rusher at #9...should that not provide the value decastro would be in play for me over a lot of other guys...i know that much

DKphin
01-04-2012, 05:48 PM
I actually want us to trade down and pick up Upshaw later in the 1st rd and pick up some more picks. Wes must be reading my mind.:D

dolfan91
01-04-2012, 07:21 PM
I just wanted to pass the info along about the draft ... I love being a member of Finheaven, not just because of the Dolphins, but the guy's on here who devote their time to the draft and give their honest opinions of the prospect each and every year .. I have been following the the draft every since i got cable TV as a kid and began to subscribe to many of the NFL weekly publications and eventually the draft guides published each year ... Once the computer and internet became available, my interest peeked again because of all the information you can find about the players .. while I'm not in the same league as the guys on Finheaven or the draft sites like NFP.com ... with all the reading I do, I'm capable of giving an educated opinion on most prospects, but without the film breakdown of all the others on here that can do that ... I love it!!! it keeps me busy and like to read everything I can ... so to all of you guys who do this for Finheaven; Thank You!!! you make it fun to be a member!!!

PSU Cane
01-04-2012, 09:15 PM
DeCastro is easily a top 10 player in this draft. As mentioned, with the new CBA it's not out of the question to draft players at less valued positions like C, G, and S high in the draft nowadays unlike years past.

Kistner10
01-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Mike Iupati has been a major reason for the 49ers success in the running game. He was drafted 17th overall and has been worth every penny for San Francisco and that was pre-rookie wage scale. I'm not a huge fan of taking a RG that high, but I think there is more value in that for us than taking someone like Richardson when we have a very capable backfield.