PDA

View Full Version : How angry would you be if we fall back in the draft ?

Rugby
01-04-2012, 03:18 PM
I am wondering if its the worst thing in the world to fall back in the draft if we can't get a trade up for a QB ?

MadDog 88
01-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Fall back or trade down?

Rugby
01-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Fall back or trade down?

Trade back its what I meant I guess I used the wrong terms, but y'all know what I mean

dol-phan007
01-04-2012, 03:58 PM
I was confused and had to read down to find out what you were talking about.

I cant say now, it all depends on why we trade. If we trade down and get a great player and we get good picks in the trade then I'm happy. If we trade back and get nobody and bad picks when there was someone their at our original pick that could have helped the team I will be PISSED.

Canadianfishfan
01-04-2012, 04:10 PM
If the top QBs of the draft are gone I would have no problem trading down and collecting picks. We're going to have a new coach who will definitely want to bring in "his type of players."

Travis34
01-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Well the only way to get a top QB is to go up, and at this point I'm thinking we should get a pass rusher. Draft a freak! We need to find a JPP or Aldon Smith to help Wake out. But if we drafted a ball hawking safety I wouldn't be upset. The thing I think with drafting a corner so early, what do we do about Smith? Let the rookie man the nickle? I feel Jerry has earned a try at RT honestly.

Finsfan79
01-04-2012, 04:25 PM
trade back and select a tannerhill or landry jones sure

Valandui
01-04-2012, 04:29 PM
I'd be cool with it, especially if we ended up with two out of Brandon Weeden, Ryan Tannehill, Kendall Wright, Dwayne Allen, or Coby Fleener.

Stefins
01-04-2012, 04:31 PM
If they guy they want is gone and it would be a reach for whatever player they plan on selecting at 8 or 9, then I am ALL for trading down and getting more picks.

I bet 99.5% of the people feel the same way...

Phins89
01-04-2012, 04:52 PM
If RG3 is out of reach (the deal to trade is too much) then I'm all for trading down and getting a QB/TE(or WR)/RT with our first 3 picks.

johngarry
01-04-2012, 05:18 PM
stay or move up 2, and take Justin Blackmon

KTOWNFINFAN
01-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Interesting that most people agree that the way to go is back. I thought I might be in the minority. The way I see it Luck RG3 and Blackmon are the only ones that I would trade up for right now. But the draft is a long way away. The Manning thing will be decided by the draft which might very well change things. If Manning is released Mar 8th which is now the conventional wisdom since the colts will owe him 28 mil if they don't release him by then, that will mean there is nothing and I do mean NOTHING that would make them trade the pick. But if someone ahead of us get Manning we could have a better chance of moving up to get a QB, OR we could get Manning. Either of these situations could change things alot.

As of right now I can say if we can't get Luck RG3 or Blackmon then I would rather move down and take a good pass rushing OLB 1st a TE and QB in the 2nd. I wouldn't mind taking Weeden if we could get him with the 2nd #2 we would get in the trade down or a 3rd rd pick. I like Weeden, but he is too old to spend a 1st or high 2nd.

BostonPhin4
01-04-2012, 05:54 PM
I am never really a fan of trading down, but with Luck and RG3 out of reach this is one year where I would not be po'd beyond belief with the bargain approach to the draft. That said if I'm making the call I take the BPA at our spot unless someone wants to give us a great package to move down less than 10 spots. Trading out of the first round all together, or picking after 25 would def get me a little angry though.

LikeUntoGod
01-04-2012, 06:35 PM
I felt stronger about this last year but I wanted us to trade our first rounder for a 1st and 2nd the next season. Then we would have two 1st rounders and two 2nd rounders coming into this draft. We could then get almost any one player we wanted.

Roman529
01-04-2012, 08:12 PM
If a lot of the top guys are gone when we pick at #8 or #9 it might be worth trading down, if we could pick up another pick. I could see us trading down for a later first round pick, and extra second rounder. We have lots of needs and can always use an extra pick. You gotta listen to any possible offers.

Mogwai
01-04-2012, 09:06 PM
We should all have learned something from the last time Ireland dropped down. Misi is not a starter in this league and I'm a big Odrick fan, but at the expense of Earl Thomas, Dez Bryant, and JPP it wasn't worth it. It's a mistake to lower our chances at a potentially elite player.

Da GODfather
01-04-2012, 09:20 PM
I'm all for trading down for more picks, but unlike most of you, i'd rather secure as many picks as I can for NEXT year. If we could wiggle a 1st or a couple 2nd's or any combo, i'd be extremely pleased. Yes, I know it's easier said than done but imagine our chances of landing a top tier QB next year with extra ammo. Heck we might even have a chance to end up with the QB I was really hoping for this year...BARKLEY! I could honestly live with Matt Moore for another season. I'm actually kinda curious to see if he could build on success he had this year.

Rugby
01-04-2012, 09:45 PM
trade back and select a tannerhill or landry jones sure

I think Landry Jones has decided to go back to school so he is not an option anymore.

vagrantprodigy
01-04-2012, 09:46 PM
We should either trade up, or trade down.

Rugby
01-04-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm all for trading down for more picks, but unlike most of you, i'd rather secure as many picks as I can for NEXT year. If we could wiggle a 1st or a couple 2nd's or any combo, i'd be extremely pleased. Yes, I know it's easier said than done but imagine our chances of landing a top tier QB next year with extra ammo. Heck we might even have a chance to end up with the QB I was really hoping for this year...BARKLEY! I could honestly live with Matt Moore for another season. I'm actually kinda curious to see if he could build on success he had this year.

I would love to do this too, get an extra 1st for 2013 and then use that to trade up to get Barkley. But I'm not sure Ireland would do this because his being here to use that is not set in stone. He'd want an immediate payoff. This is why I wish someone other than Ireland was in charge. If we had a new GM they would be willing to get the extra for next year because they know they'd be here.

utahphinsfan
01-04-2012, 10:17 PM
We should either trade up, or trade down.

Very decisive escalator boy. :chuckle:

Rugby
01-04-2012, 10:20 PM

:lol:

Strangeworld
01-04-2012, 10:21 PM
If we trade down and draft two ham and eggers at the expense of an impact player I will punch in the tv.

vagrantprodigy
01-04-2012, 11:04 PM

haha...

I couldn't fully explain what I mean, but basically we need to trade up for a qb, or trade down to get more picks for next year, so we can trade up at that point.

tay0365
01-04-2012, 11:04 PM
There are two QB, one corner, one elite pass-rusher, and 1 WR in the top 10, that could all make the Dolphins better, so unless Miami is getting a lot to trade back, I don't think it would be such a good idea.

phintim
01-04-2012, 11:22 PM
We should have traded back last year. There were 3 players or positions that we targeted that we know for sure in last years draft. Pouncy, Ryann Mallet and I am going to say Ingram over DT. We now know that Ingram and Mallet were available at the end of the first round. Say we pick up Ingram, Mallett and the best center available outside Pouncy who was still avaialable at the end of the 2nd round. On paper that would have appeared be be a solid draft. I assume that we could not trade back and if that was the case then our draft was OK IMO based on needs and other considerations. BUT if I am Ross and know different that Ireland passed on that option for Pouncy then I would not be happy about it.

semperkillz
01-06-2012, 03:26 AM
Don't really care anymore, we are not getting a top qb. Guess we will stick with moore since Landry Jones just decided to stay in school.

rainmaker1313
01-06-2012, 05:38 AM
Id be so angry. I would growl at all my customers for a week. I would ramble under my breath obsceneties. I would have to double up on the dose of my high blood pressure meds. If anyone said Hello, I would reply **** off! My life evolves around the NFL draft and if the Dolphins are 1 pick off or dont pick exactly who I want cause I am a football GOD and genius , I will stomp and Holler and scream! My face would turn red and I might even hurt someone!

finsfanjay13
01-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Gotta stop loading up on picks and start getting the play makers. If no QB is within reach (as is going to be very likely), you draft somebody like Courtney Upshaw (if we stay in the 3-4) or hope a Blackmon or Claiborne fall. In short: you find a monster and draft him.

FinHopeful
01-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Gotta stop loading up on picks and start getting the play makers. If no QB is within reach (as is going to be very likely), you draft somebody like Courtney Upshaw (if we stay in the 3-4) or hope a Blackmon or Claiborne fall. In short: you find a monster and draft him.

Agreed. We can play with anyone at their current position. We need play makers from the draft. We can improve weaknesses selectively withdrew agents.