PDA

View Full Version : Are we REALLY going to draft a another OT in the first round? Say it ain't so.

Johnstone
01-04-2012, 10:44 PM
All of the mock drafts has us picking a offensive tackle in the first round. That would be 3 in the last four years. Why can't we pick a OT in the second round. Why not draft a solid playmaker in the first round. This drafting OT's in the first round, isn't working. That is why we have stunk in the last 3 years. Poor first round draft picks. Has anyone seen or heard us picking a another player, in the 1st round besides a OT?

PJack
01-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Johnstone meet Jeff Ireland.. the Bill Parcells clone. Don't bet against it.

Tunaphish429
01-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Yes. If mocks are saying it then it must be true.

Phinatic8u
:lol:

Its a mock draft from some guy with a keyboard.

ChambersWI
are we REALLY asking questions about what we're going in the first round of an event that isn't until the last week of April and whose evaluation process has yet to begin while we are still 3 months away from free agency in January?

dlockz
01-04-2012, 10:52 PM
are we REALLY asking questions about what we're going in the first round of an event that isn't until the last week of April and whose evaluation process has yet to begin while we are still 3 months away from free agency in January?

with ireland there is no question it will be ol or dl

armyphin
01-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Has anyone seen or heard us picking a another player, in the 1st round besides a OT?
Psst... 2009. Vontae Davis.

Why not save the panic for after the draft instead of crying that the sky is falling now.

IAFINFAN
01-04-2012, 11:01 PM
Really depends on best player available. with Long at LT, Pouncy at C, we really need a good RT. Easier to make average players better with good online rather than good good rb, qb, behind mediocre online. I would love to grab an athletic TE in the draft, we also need RB because DT isn't showing much as back up to Reggie. Should be interesting this offseason

dlockz
01-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Really depends on best player available. with Long at LT, Pouncy at C, we really need a good RT. Easier to make average players better with good online rather than good good rb, qb, behind mediocre online. I would love to grab an athletic TE in the draft, we also need RB because DT isn't showing much as back up to Reggie. Should be interesting this offseason

We need oline only because we have wasted alot of money trying to improve it, We cant afford to draft ol every damn year

mega-fin-love
01-04-2012, 11:08 PM
the funny thing is that we have been hitting on our 1st round oline draft picks. Its all the losers brought in via free agency that sucks balls

Phins28
01-04-2012, 11:10 PM
with ireland there is no question it will be ol or dl

No doubt

phintim
01-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Honestly I have been blaming Tony S on all the OL picks and FA signings. This years draft will prove that theory right or wrong. Really the coach IMO tells the GM what poisition he needs filled and that is what the FA and the first 3 rounds of the draft is all about. After that it is best player available. We have done pretty well in those later rounds outside of the OL position if you study our past drafts. I put those OL picks on Tony. We wil see

SpurzN703
01-04-2012, 11:39 PM
:lol:

Its a mock draft from some guy with a keyboard.

guyS. Get it right! :tongue:

SpurzN703
01-04-2012, 11:41 PM

FA begins in March

rabjr
01-04-2012, 11:41 PM
I don't really like the idea of taking another o-lineman in the first round but I don't like the idea of having Mark Columbo as our starting RT either. Good offensive tackles are hard to find in free agency or later in the draft so maybe taking one in the first round is the right thing to do.

Buff
01-04-2012, 11:43 PM
You want to stick with Columbo, Incognito, Carey...then go right ahead. If there is no QB, Safety, CB, or OLB who grades out at pick 9, and we cant trade down, if an O Lineman is the best player available, so be it.

jonanthans
01-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Im trying to be optimistic this year...

Im trying real hard to be optimistic...

Valandui
01-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Johnstone meet Jeff Ireland.. the Bill Parcells clone. Don't bet against it.
Actually, Jake Long is the first OL that Parcells ever took in the first round. He actually took more first round QBs than he did OL.

jonanthans
01-04-2012, 11:49 PM
I have no problem taking an O-lineman or D-lineman at the #8-#9 spot IF they are a legitimate pick at that spot. However I have a serious problem with any reach with this pick.

WeVie
01-04-2012, 11:50 PM
I hope the hell not. How can they continue to do the same thing that has failed over and over?

Strangeworld
01-05-2012, 12:16 AM
Yep if we go 1st round OT then you can bet we will go QB in round where THREE (Brees, Farve, possibly Dalton) have hit in the last TWENTY years!

We are the very definition of insanity.

jonanthans
01-05-2012, 12:29 AM
I would rather take a solid OL in the first than reach for a Qb with that pick. I kow its not the sexy pick, but we could really solidify our O-Line for years to come and make it a lot easier for for our offense to be successful.

jared81
01-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Lol at the op. we have drafted two good oline players in the past few years and he acts like they were busts.