PDA

View Full Version : 4 Round Mock - Could Live With This.

MRojas4
01-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Per Walter Football.

Round 1 Pick 8 - Miami Dolphins: Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
This has frustrated some Dolphin fans, but Matt Moore has been good enough to win Miami out of the Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin sweepstakes. He'll be the starter next year unless the team trades up for the latter.

Instead of a quarterback, here's a much-needed upgrade for the offensive line. Marc Colombo stinks. He can't block anyone. Of the nine sacks the Dolphins surrendered against the Eagles, Colombo was responsible for three of them. Upgrading the right tackle position has to be Miami's No. 1 priority if it can't land a franchise signal-caller.

Round 2 Pick 42 - Miami Dolphins: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
New regimes mean new quarterbacks, so the Dolphins may want to bring in a young signal-caller to groom behind Matt Moore. There's always the chance that Moore's late-season surge could be a fluke, so Miami should be prepared.

I don't think Ryan Tannehill will last this long. Several teams, including the Dolphins, may want to trade up for him.

Round 3 Pick 73 - Miami Dolphins: Brandon Lindsey, DE/OLB, Pittsburgh
The only player on the Dolphins who can consistently pressure the quarterback is Cameron Wake. This is an area that absolutely needs to be addressed this upcoming offseason.

Round 4 Pick 103 - Miami Dolphins: Kheeston Randall, DE/DT, Texas
Kendall Langford will be a free agent in March. Randy Starks will be entering his contract year in 2012. The Dolphins may want to bring in some insurance and depth on the front line.

MRojas4
01-05-2012, 09:54 AM
For more insight.

Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa - #3 OT Prospect

Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M - #4 QB Prospect

Brandon Lindsey, DE/OLB, Pittsburgh - #12 DE/OLB Prospect

Kheeston Randall, DE/DT, Texas - #9 DE/DT Prospect

datruth55
01-05-2012, 10:44 AM
This site must assume there are no compensatory picks at the end of the 3rd round this year.

TedSlimmJr
01-05-2012, 11:09 AM
First and foremost what I want to see out of an offensive tackle when I'm evaluating him is: do not get beat to the inside. When I see this, it's an immediate cause for concern. You're allowing the shortest and quickest path for the defender to get into the backfield and disrupt the play.

This should never happen in vertical pass sets to a top 10 pick. If you power step properly with your post leg, it usually won't happen.

Riley Reiff gets beat constantly to the inside.

None of these tackles are worth a top 10 pick, although I can at least understand a case being made for Matt Kalil. He's the best, but still gets beat too much for me to be a top 5 pick.

I'm 99% sure I can get a tackle as good as Riley Reiff in this draft without using a top 10 pick. The only offensive lineman in this draft worth a top 10 pick is David DeCastro as far as I'm concerned.

That's both a credit to the best offensive lineman in the country in DeCastro, and a legitimate knock on this well below average class of offensive tackles.

MRojas4
01-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Agree with you on that one.

I don't think any of the OT in this years draft are elite or top tier at best. But we are in desperate need of a RT and unless we take a QB with a trade up, I don't see the FO drafting any other position.

But you never know, everyone threw a fit when Pouncey got taken, people kick and screamed as to why are we taking a "Guard" converted to Center in the first round that can't even execute a shotgun snap properly. We now have our Franchise center for the next 10 years.

hooshoops
01-05-2012, 12:02 PM
another dang right tackle in the top 10 for us....ughhhh

Valandui
01-05-2012, 12:15 PM
For more insight.

Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa - #3 OT Prospect

Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M - #4 QB Prospect

Brandon Lindsey, DE/OLB, Pittsburgh - #12 DE/OLB Prospect

Kheeston Randall, DE/DT, Texas - #9 DE/DT Prospect

Replace Reiff with Decastro and another DL with any other position besides RB and we're talking.

hooshoops
01-05-2012, 12:22 PM
and i'm with slimm...all these tackles being talked about in the top 10 is overrated...kalils the only one i think should be in consideration

natetherock
01-05-2012, 12:32 PM
If the pick is going to be Oline and I hope it is not...take Decastro over Reiff or Martin and move Jerry or Carey to RT (or find someone via free agency).

I hate the idea of reaching on a RT just because we need a RT...same concept of reaching on a QB in the 1st just bc we need a QB. Depending on how the draft goes we need to be looking BPA.

insom187
01-05-2012, 01:22 PM
If Martin is there I keep reading he reads more naturally as a right tackle in the NFL so that sounds promising. That dude moves people in the run game, which is a definitely a need for us.

Generic Name
01-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Per Walter Football.

Round 1 Pick 8 - Miami Dolphins: Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
This has frustrated some Dolphin fans, but Matt Moore has been good enough to win Miami out of the Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin sweepstakes. He'll be the starter next year unless the team trades up for the latter.

Instead of a quarterback, here's a much-needed upgrade for the offensive line. Marc Colombo stinks. He can't block anyone. Of the nine sacks the Dolphins surrendered against the Eagles, Colombo was responsible for three of them. Upgrading the right tackle position has to be Miami's No. 1 priority if it can't land a franchise signal-caller.

Round 2 Pick 42 - Miami Dolphins: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
New regimes mean new quarterbacks, so the Dolphins may want to bring in a young signal-caller to groom behind Matt Moore. There's always the chance that Moore's late-season surge could be a fluke, so Miami should be prepared.

I don't think Ryan Tannehill will last this long. Several teams, including the Dolphins, may want to trade up for him.

Round 3 Pick 73 - Miami Dolphins: Brandon Lindsey, DE/OLB, Pittsburgh
The only player on the Dolphins who can consistently pressure the quarterback is Cameron Wake. This is an area that absolutely needs to be addressed this upcoming offseason.

Round 4 Pick 103 - Miami Dolphins: Kheeston Randall, DE/DT, Texas
Kendall Langford will be a free agent in March. Randy Starks will be entering his contract year in 2012. The Dolphins may want to bring in some insurance and depth on the front line.

Two things:

1) Tannehill doesn't get to the second round

2) Taking Riley Whiff at #9 would be colossally stupid and cost this team next year and for years after.

MRojas4
01-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Two things:

1) Tannehill doesn't get to the second round

2) Taking Riley Whiff at #9 would be colossally stupid and cost this team next year and for years after.

Vaild points, I do believe the blogger mentions that Tannehill will most likely have to be traded up for.

Not my mock fellas, don't shoot the messanger! :chuckle:

Generic Name
01-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Vaild points, I do believe the blogger mentions that Tannehill will most likely have to be traded up for.

Not my mock fellas, don't shoot the messanger! :chuckle:

Might need to trade up or down to pick #20 to get Tannehill. I think he'll test off the charts at combine will interview well and his combination of size and athleticism pulls him up draft boards. If you trade down you better get back a second rounder and I'd much rather see tannehill and a combination of Dwayne Allen or Coby Fleener with a pass rusher or FS with our two #2's.

MRojas4
01-05-2012, 02:01 PM
I'd like to trade down to the early 20's and get that extra second rounder.

1st Round - Tennehill (QB Texas A&M)
2nd Round A - Vinny Curry (OLB, Marshall)
2nd Round B - Mark Barron (Saftey, Bama)
3rd Round - Ryan Miller (Guard, Colorado)
4th Round - A.J. Jenkins (WR, Illinois)

Roman529
01-05-2012, 02:21 PM
I am not crazy about taking another O-lineman in the top ten this year, unless it is Martin or DeCastro, both of Stanford. We could use a RT or RG, but I think we could get a really good O-lineman later on.