PDA

View Full Version : XBox vs. PS2 Thread

Predaphin
01-26-2004, 04:27 PM
Just got the idea off the Halo "thread" lol

....but what do you guys like better and why??

Me, perferibly, I gotta go with the PS2 hands down.
Although the PS2 did out with some defects, I must admit I like it Better then any other System, not to mention, they have the best controls ever made off any other Entertainment system ever made in the industry....the controllers are just perfect...IMO, XBox's only advantage over the PS2 is the awsome graphics it contains which are about 3x better than the PS2's graphics, but the Controllers are horrible, and I dont like the way they run their online capabilities where you have to pay....and cmon! no Online for Madden 04!?? you got to be kidding me! Madden is probably the most sold game out there and they dont even have an online capablity for it!? forget it.

Get the PS2.

Thundercracker
01-26-2004, 05:55 PM
My brothers have ps2 i have xbox. I'll go with the xbox. I don't even play online yet, but as soon as halo 2 comes out, i probably will. Xbox controllers are weird at first, but once you get used to them, most like it better than the ps2's. The advantages xbox has over ps2 are these. Better graphics, faster loading times, no memory cards ( you can save all your games right on it and NEVER EVER run out of space) and the ability to burn music onto the xbox and play it individually, or in some games like grand theft auto where when you get in the car, you can switch to a "CD changer" and listen to your tunes. and you can put all your cd's on there and it won't run out of space. playstation 2's advantage is simple: more games.

Baz
01-26-2004, 06:09 PM
The thing about XBOX that most don't realize is that is essentially a PC. That means the more info you put on that hard drive, the slower the XBOX runs. So for avid gamers, when that hard drive starts getting full, your XBOX is going to run slower than a PS2. Besides, the PS2 has a hard drive in the works, so that isn't really an advantage anymore.

XBOX does have better graphics, but what does it matter if it only has a few games worth playing. Besides, its not like XBOX's graphics are way more advanced. They are only slightly better......

Thundercracker
01-26-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Bazinet37
The thing about XBOX that most don't realize is that is essentially a PC. That means the more info you put on that hard drive, the slower the XBOX runs. So for avid gamers, when that hard drive starts getting full, your XBOX is going to run slower than a PS2. Besides, the PS2 has a hard drive in the works, so that isn't really an advantage anymore.

XBOX does have better graphics, but what does it matter if it only has a few games worth playing. Besides, its not like XBOX's graphics are way more advanced. They are only slightly better......

do you know how hard it would be to get the xbox's hard drive full?!?!? its got somethin like 10 gigabytes. i have game saves for about 45 games on there and 15 cd's on there and it hasn't slowed down at all. I've never heard of this hard drive sony has in the works so it doesn't sound like its coming anytime soon so that is still an advantage. plus this is the year of the xbox. theres tons of games in the works that could never be on the playstation 2 such as fable and half life 2.

Baz
01-26-2004, 10:55 PM
Really, you haven't? The hard drive that is packaged with the PS2 version of Final Fantasy XI? Go to IGN.com and look it up......

AngryDolphins
01-27-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Bazinet37

XBOX does have better graphics, but what does it matter if it only has a few games worth playing. Besides, its not like XBOX's graphics are way more advanced. They are only slightly better...... Man I have so many music saved on my xbox and it still runs fast. Never heard of that but w/e. Anyways yea sony is coming out with PSX..its ps2 with a harddrive, tivo and a dvd burner..but then again its gonna be for like $800.

Baz
01-27-2004, 09:09 PM
I hear it'll retail for $299.99. I haven't actually experienced the XBOX slowing down, but I've heard about it from a few customers. It could be bullsh*t, but they usually don't lie......