PDA

View Full Version : what's peyton's trade value?

dr.jake
01-06-2012, 01:00 PM
if i'm the colts i'm cutting the strings and drafting luck #1. of course i'd also want to deal peyton for all the young talent i could get. would that package include picks or picks and players. what does the board here think an aging and injured peyton would fetch on the market and what teams might be willing to deal? just curious to read the opinions. thanks.

JCane
01-06-2012, 01:04 PM
I might be wrong, but I believe if the Colts wish to trade Manning then they owe him $28M.

Tunaphish429
01-06-2012, 01:06 PM
I might be wrong, but I believe if the Colts wish to trade Manning then they owe him $28M.

March 1 is the cutoff date..After that date they owe him the money..they can cut him before that but of course cant trade him.

dr.jake
01-06-2012, 01:31 PM
well for the sake of argument (peyton is set for life and could opt to delay the bonus) and assuming he's told that even if he's healthy luck will be starting by game 5. what teams would be interested and what would they pay? and please say the jets.

Tunaphish429
01-06-2012, 01:52 PM
If the Colts are willing to get rid of Manning, and the price is right I would be say Miami would be the front runner.

Valandui
01-06-2012, 02:16 PM
They can't trade him. They can only cut him if they don't want to pay him. If he isn't with the Colts, he'll be a free agent.

Tunaphish429
01-06-2012, 02:27 PM
They can't trade him. They can only cut him if they don't want to pay him. If he isn't with the Colts, he'll be a free agent.

Well they can trade him, but it would be a huge cap hit.

Valandui
01-06-2012, 02:40 PM
That's what I meant. They can keep him and pay him $28 million too.

MRojas4
01-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Minimal at best.

Fat contract and suspect health. Not to mention teams know the Colts will be desperate to off load Peyton once Luck is drafted. Clash is inevitable in that locker room between the young up and comer and the legendary old timer.

MRojas4
01-06-2012, 04:14 PM
And by minial I'm taking probably a 2nd rounder, a 1st if lucky.

Ricky4Life
01-06-2012, 05:51 PM
I am thinking he is cut.

JCane
01-06-2012, 06:04 PM

That's what I was looking for. I knew it was something. Thank you, good sir.

Valandui
01-06-2012, 07:37 PM
That's what I was looking for. I knew it was something. Thank you, good sir.
The only way they can avoid paying him $28 million this season is to cut him before the deadline. They still have to pay it if they trade him (or the other team might have which, obviously, means he won't get traded).

3rdandinches
01-06-2012, 07:39 PM
I would think it would have to be a trade involving picks that are on a health/years played sliding scale. Something like this....

A/ 2012 4th

B/ If Manning has no affects from this injury in 2012 Indy gets a 2013 2nd

C/ If Manning plays in 2013 and still has no affects from the injury Indy gets a 2014 1st.

That's around how I would structure a deal. Indy gets a mid level pick and saves 28mil no matter what. If we get a healthy Manning Indy gets further picks the next couple of years, but if we get him and he can not play because of the injury we give up no more then a 4th round pick and a bunch of money trying to strike gold.

I can't see how any team can take the chance of trading a 1st round pick and not know if he's football healthy. Maybe the Jets, but I sure wouldn't do it. Now if he's cut that's a whole different ball game, it's just money and a contract can be set up to benefit both parties.

dolfan91
01-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Why Trade For or Sign Manning? The Guy is INJURED!!! Can someone Please explain to me why Manning is a good fit in Miami? He is INJURED!!! Doesn't that ring a bell with anyone!!!

3rdandinches
01-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Why Trade For or Sign Manning? The Guy is INJURED!!! Can someone Please explain to me why Manning is a good fit in Miami? He is INJURED!!! Doesn't that ring a bell with anyone!!!

Sorry we all forgot nobody has ever recovered from an injury.

Add the fact that we have M.Moore, what were we thinking!!!

dolfan91
01-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Sorry we all forgot nobody has ever recovered from an injury.

Add the fact that we have M.Moore, what were we thinking!!! Do you know anything about the type of injury Manning has to say he will recover?

SF Dolphin Fan
01-07-2012, 11:57 PM
I love Peyton Manning, but I wouldn't touch him. Too old and too risky. Go with Matt Moore this year and bring in a young qb to compete.

3rdandinches
01-08-2012, 01:00 AM
Do you know anything about the type of injury Manning has to say he will recover?

I know that the experts in the field cleared him to start his conditioning to come back and play. I know that if there was any chance the injury increased the possibility of a more severe injury P.Manning is smart enough to walk away. He may be one of the more competitive people on this planet but he's also smart enough to know there's a lot more to life then football and I strongly believe he would walk even if he hadn't won a superbowl already.

This isn't some uneducated athlete that has nothing else in life, or one that has pissed away all his money. This is not B.Farve, he will walk away at the appropriate time and this injury has nothing to do with increasing the chance of paralysis. It has just been slower to recover then the the Colts expected.

ckparrothead
01-08-2012, 01:21 AM
I think he'll get cut. He and the Colts would like to push back the date of the $28 million that is due but I saw Andrew Brandt who was a caps and contracts guy with the Packers say that according to people he's spoken to, that would be impossible. The language of the contract is too funky, the NFLPA wouldn't allow the push back.

Dogbone34
01-08-2012, 01:38 AM
peyton is not gonna move that date back for the colts

miami needs to do everything possible to get manning

SCOTTY
01-08-2012, 01:52 AM
peyton is not gonna move that date back for the colts

miami needs to do everything possible to get manning

3 surgeries on his neck in the last year, the latest fusing two vertebrae together. Nerve damage in his throwing arm. And he will be 36 in March. "Do everything possible to get him"????????

Dogbone34
01-08-2012, 02:04 AM
"Do everything possible to get him"????????

yes, scotty, yes.

he's not coming back for the money. he's wired to play.

sometimes in life you have to take a risk. this is one of those times for miami.

SCOTTY
01-08-2012, 02:11 AM
The only thing wired in Manning is his neck. Throw $$ at Flynn not Manning.

dolfan91
01-08-2012, 09:21 AM
3 surgeries on his neck in the last year, the latest fusing two vertebrae together. Nerve damage in his throwing arm. And he will be 36 in March. "Do everything possible to get him"????????
BINGO!!! You hit the nail on the head .. Most Fans tend to think, this is the type of injury a player can come back from ... This is wishful thinking on any Miami fan, dreaming of a HEALTHY Manning playing out his career in a Dolphins Uniform!!! Just because a medical expert says he's cleared to start rehab or conditioning isn't the same as being cleared to play!!! I just read Manning is facing a POSSIBLE 4th surgery as well ... Why trade or sign a guy with all the question marks Manning comes with ... I can speak from experience regarding Manning's injury YOU NEVER GET COMPLETELY HEALTHY!!! The Nerves that run down his throwing arm will always be a problem for the rest of his life ... for arguments sake, lets say for some insane reason Manning plays!!! For every throw he makes that MAY be without numbness or pain, there will be just as many that he experiences numbness or pain!!! For christ sakes there are days I can't even pop a top on a soda can due to the SAME EXACT INJURY MANNING HAS!!! I have to use my left hand and fingers to do it!!! and guess what I was a 3rd Degree Black Belt when i was younger .. So I can honestly speak from experience, that Payton Manning is damaged goods and is risking permanent paralysis if he plays again!!! Due to his competitive nature he will try very hard to make a comeback ... The Colts owner invested alot of money on an injury that more than likely will end Manning career ... I would hate to see him permanently paralyzed due to a hit or sack he took playing the sport he loves!!! So again I ask why trade or sign Him with all the question marks?

3rdandinches
01-08-2012, 09:55 AM
BINGO!!! You hit the nail on the head .. Most Fans tend to think, this is the type of injury a player can come back from ... This is wishful thinking on any Miami fan, dreaming of a HEALTHY Manning playing out his career in a Dolphins Uniform!!! Just because a medical expert says he's cleared to start rehab or conditioning isn't the same as being cleared to play!!! I just read Manning is facing a POSSIBLE 4th surgery as well ... Why trade or sign a guy with all the question marks Manning comes with ... I can speak from experience regarding Manning's injury YOU NEVER GET COMPLETELY HEALTHY!!! The Nerves that run down his throwing arm will always be a problem for the rest of his life ... for arguments sake, lets say for some insane reason Manning plays!!! For every throw he makes that MAY be without numbness or pain, there will be just as many that he experiences numbness or pain!!! For christ sakes there are days I can't even pop a top on a soda can due to the SAME EXACT INJURY MANNING HAS!!! I have to use my left hand and fingers to do it!!! and guess what I was a 3rd Degree Black Belt when i was younger .. So I can honestly speak from experience, that Payton Manning is damaged goods and is risking permanent paralysis if he plays again!!! Due to his competitive nature he will try very hard to make a comeback ... The Colts owner invested alot of money on an injury that more than likely will end Manning career ... I would hate to see him permanently paralyzed due to a hit or sack he took playing the sport he loves!!! So again I ask why trade or sign Him with all the question marks?

Yes and comparing you to an elite professional athlete makes a lot of sense. Manning is already throwing by the way, I have this funny feeling that Manning's doctors might know what their talking about. There's no way he chances coming back if there was any chance of paralysis, this sounds a lot like people who compared their shoulder injuries to Brees!

Look I'm sorry for your pain and suffering but your not a trained elite athlete that would be getting the greatest DR's opinions. P.Manning has nothing to play for worth taking the risk if there was a risk.

dolfan91
01-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Yes and comparing you to an elite professional athlete makes a lot of sense. Manning is already throwing by the way, I have this funny feeling that Manning's doctors might know what their talking about. There's no way he chances coming back if there was any chance of paralysis, this sounds a lot like people who compared their shoulder injuries to Brees!

Look I'm sorry for your pain and suffering but your not a trained elite athlete that would be getting the greatest DR's opinions. P.Manning has nothing to play for worth taking the risk if there was a risk.
So your saying that Martial Artist's aren't Trained Athlete's? and Your saying that because he's Payton Manning he is getting better care? are you also saying that His Doctor's aren't advising him that there ISN'T a Risk for Paralysis? I guess you know something I don't? Your opinion is baseless unless you have inside information on the condition of Manning and just want to knock someone like myself!!!

dr.jake
01-08-2012, 01:45 PM
manning if he's even somewhat recovered and healthy is a top 5 QB in the nfl.the colts are not going to simply cut him loose. but if irsay has told manning that luck is the colts future and IF peyton manning wants out you can bet that a deal will be made with somebody. colts aren't stupid enuf to let him go for nothing. my initial premise was this: if you're a team who's set to win but weak at QB (dallas come to mind) what would you trade to get peyton manning for the next couple of seasons?
if marshall is worth two high #2's peyton would bring at least 2 low #1's and perhaps a player or 2.

SCOTTY
01-08-2012, 01:56 PM
manning if he's even somewhat recovered and healthy is a top 5 QB in the nfl.the colts are not going to simply cut him loose. but if irsay has told manning that luck is the colts future and IF peyton manning wants out you can bet that a deal will be made with somebody. colts aren't stupid enuf to let him go for nothing. my initial premise was this: if you're a team who's set to win but weak at QB (dallas come to mind) what would you trade to get peyton manning for the next couple of seasons?
if marshall is worth two high #2's peyton would bring at least 2 low #1's and perhaps a player or 2.

2 low first rounders and a couple of players for a 36 year old QB who hasn't played in a year do to 3 neck surgeries and nerve damage in his throwing arm. Man I hope he goes to Dallas and not Miami.

kloud_9
01-09-2012, 02:56 AM
Be warned...if healthy peyton will take a team to a minimum the 2nd round of the playoffs...he does have to go through a physical.if he passes and "plays" we are automatically contenders for the superbowl or any other team of that matter.I will risk a 1st rounder for at least 3 years of a top 3 qb and playoffs.something special is goin to happen this year...peyton or not..I have a feeling

insom187
01-10-2012, 03:16 AM
I just don't think Peyton wants to deal with the Brady/Belichek circus two times a year so I dont see him coming here, though I'd love to have him.

canesandphins1
01-10-2012, 07:16 AM
Manning will retire it is just to risky to play again

Elliott 1
01-10-2012, 07:51 AM
0 trade value, but he would get an obcene amount of money if healthy.