PDA

View Full Version : Osweiler to go pro

CedarPhin
01-06-2012, 08:46 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7433474/arizona-state-sun-devils-brock-osweiler-enter-nfl-draft

(http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7433474/arizona-state-sun-devils-brock-osweiler-enter-nfl-draft) I'd say draft him. He's a Montana guy and we've already got a few Montana guys on the team to keep him out of trouble. Lex Hilliard went to the same HS as him.

Of course, he wouldn't/couldn't be the starter for next season, but he's definitely worth looking into.

Elliott 1
01-06-2012, 09:07 PM
I am a Sun Devil fan. He isn't ready, and he won't be ready for a couple years.

Still, I agree with those who love his potential.

If the Dolphins could trade down and acquire some extra picks; I wouldn't mind drafting Weeden,who is very NFL ready IMO, and Oswieler if he slides to the late 3rd or 4th round.

After all, if the Dolphins aren't sold on Devlin, they will need a number three QB, and Oswieler would become the #3 QB with the most #1 potential in the NFL.

mrbunglez
01-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Cool hope they can get him he can sit behind Moore.

canesandphins1
01-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Osweiler or Tannehill if those two are what's left to pick from which do you pick osweiler 6'8 260 big arm needs work with foot work and mechanics Tannehill big arm nice size but only 15 or so starts

Kistner10
01-07-2012, 01:39 AM
If we are committed to letting Moore start next year than I think he'd be a great pick. He really needs some time to develop and to learn an NFL offense. He might even need two years. If we pick him than Fin fans are really going to have to be patient with him. I don't think he can come right in and make a difference for this team.

Elliott 1
01-07-2012, 08:51 AM
If we are committed to letting Moore start next year than I think he'd be a great pick. He really needs some time to develop and to learn an NFL offense. He might even need two years. If we pick him than Fin fans are really going to have to be patient with him. I don't think he can come right in and make a difference for this team.

He may need 3 or 4 years. He only started one season.

LouPhinFan
01-07-2012, 09:48 AM
I don't think it's a good idea to play next season with Moore as our starter and Osweiler as our primary backup. Anyone who drafts Osweiler has to make him their #3. The kid isn't ready to be a backup in the NFL, maybe after a couple of years. If he's our primary backup next season then we are in serious trouble if Moore goes down.

NorFlaFin
01-07-2012, 09:53 AM
He may need 3 or 4 years. He only started one season.

Agreed, if the Dolphins can land a veteran QB via the wavier wire, Osweiler would be one of the guys I'd like to sit and learn.

The Confessor
01-07-2012, 10:28 AM
I don't think it's a good idea to play next season with Moore as our starter and Osweiler as our primary backup. Anyone who drafts Osweiler has to make him their #3. The kid isn't ready to be a backup in the NFL, maybe after a couple of years. If he's our primary backup next season then we are in serious trouble if Moore goes down.

I agree with this, but I also think he was the best Collegiate QB in the State of Arizona this last year, and the best not named Luck or Barkley in the PacXX.

He would be an iffy luxury pick, but then again, most QB's are.

hooshoops
01-07-2012, 10:39 AM
pat devlin might be ready to assume backup duties next season...in the event you do end up with matt moore as your week 1 starter...

mhmdibrahim
01-07-2012, 11:15 AM
I'm not a big fan, plus I don't see huge upside. He throws the ball really poorly at times. I think he'd be a huge gamble, don't put your franchises future on him.

SF Dolphin Fan
01-07-2012, 11:58 AM
I think he made a huge mistake coming out early. Definitely has the skills, but would have really benefitted from more time in college. That said I think he will be drafted in the 2nd round range and could, ultimately, be worth it if he gets with the right qb coach/team.

Gonzo
01-07-2012, 12:00 PM

If the Dolphins could trade down and acquire some extra picks; I wouldn't mind drafting Weeden,who is very NFL ready IMO, and Oswieler if he slides to the late 3rd or 4th round.

After all, if the Dolphins aren't sold on Devlin, they will need a number three QB, and Oswieler would become the #3 QB with the most #1 potential in the NFL.Me too, and I agree 100%.

Hayden Fox
01-07-2012, 01:45 PM
Stupid silly move.

Gonzo
01-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Stupid silly move.I can't really blame him after the coaching fiasco. It's really unfortunate timing for Osweiler. Todd Graham is a piece of ****.

Aaron13pgh
01-07-2012, 01:59 PM
I agree lets give him a chance but we dont want to use our 1st or 2nd round picks on him would be good idea for later in the draft
6'8 qb would be interesting

Austin Tatious
01-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Is he a statue or can he move around? Normally I associate lack of quickness with really tall quarterbacks.

Roman529
01-07-2012, 03:53 PM

After all, if the Dolphins aren't sold on Devlin, they will need a number three QB, and Oswieler would become the #3 QB with the most #1 potential in the NFL.

I am a Sun Devil Alum (Class of '92...go Sun Devils). I watch most of their games, and you are right...he is not ready YET, but the upside for this guy is great. I think right now he would be a late 2nd rounder, early 3rd rounder. He has only been the starter at QB for one year, but I really like his mobility, arm strength, accuracy. He was a basketball player and even though he is 6'8" he is really mobile. He doesn't get "happy feet," but he could work on his stance a little more. He has a pretty nice release for a big man, over-the-top, and doesn't hold it too long. He just needs a little more experience. I hope we give him a good look. I think a third round pick for Osweiler would be sweet.

Here is a really good summary of the pro's and cons on Osweiler:
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/How-does-Arizona-State-QB-Brock-Osweiler-stack-up.html

Kistner10
01-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Is he a statue or can he move around? Normally I associate lack of quickness with really tall quarterbacks.

He has good mobility. He played basketball so he's pretty athletic.

sinPHIN
01-07-2012, 06:20 PM
bad move on his part

MiZFiT
01-08-2012, 02:12 AM
Great move!

...Tight end.