PDA

View Full Version : Kellen Moore

Keeno1
01-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Can you draftniks tell me more about this guy? I know he is short and plays in a spread offense, but I also know that he wins games and puts up points. If I am not mistaken, he and Drew Brees are the same height, that Brees played in somewhat similar offense at Perdue (lot of shotgun snaps anyway). I am not saying he will be Bress - just making a comparison. I haven't seem him play so I have no idea what he does or doesn't do on the field that would make him a good or bad prospect. Where do you see this guy going in the draft and do you believe he could have success at the next level?

I am asking all this because I don't know anything about the guy. My apologies if this has been discussed before, but the search function on this site isn't that great and have trouble finding info.

SF Dolphin Fan
01-08-2012, 02:52 PM
He's about 5-11 maybe an inch shorter than Brees. Very accurate, ball placement is really good, pretty good deep ball. Has all the intangibles you look for, very good leader. The negatives are height and lack of ideal arm strength. I think he's someone who could outplay his draft status as he looks to be in the 4th-6th range.

dahlmarino
01-08-2012, 03:15 PM
If he's there in the 6th I say nab him and put him on a serious weight training regiment. Worst case scenario, he wouldn't be a bad back-up, and he'll probably be a great coach some day.

Roman529
01-08-2012, 04:26 PM
He is left handed and doesn't have the strongest arm in the world or great speed, but he is very accurate with his passes. One thing he does really well is throw the pass before the receivers make their cuts to the sidelines on out passes. I have heard he should be drafted somewhere from the 4th to 7th round. I think he can make a roster somewhere as a backup.

Dogbone34
01-08-2012, 04:36 PM
he'll be the best player at your local flag football beer league

kloud_9
01-09-2012, 02:47 AM
A winner...nuff said.

TedSlimmJr
01-09-2012, 03:53 AM
His offense isn't similar to the one Drew Brees played in at Purdue. Joe Tiller's offense at Purdue was a true version of the spread.

Kellen Moore's offense at Boise is predominantly spread concepts in the passing game (quick screens, etc.) but has more pro style elements to it. Personnel and formation dictates whether or not your offense is "pro style", and Boise uses a lot of 12, 21, and 22 personnel, with their offensive lineman playing in a 3-point stance.... and Moore takes a lot of snaps from under center.

They like to use 'zip' motion (Z receiver motions inside towards the formation) out of Twins formation. All of these are pro style concepts.

Mentally and fundamentally from a mechanics and footwork standpoint, Kellen Moore is an NFL quarterback playing the college game.

However, physically and from a stature perspective, he's completely undraftable. He's lucky if he's 5'11", 190. His arm is weak as I've ever seen on a D-1 college quarterback.

There's not a helluva lot of difference between giving a guy a 6th round grade or an undraftable grade. It simply comes down to how you feel about the player in your gut.

Kellen Moore is probably worth a shot as a 7th rounder simply based on his accomplishments and profile. I just don't see any way this kid can make it in the NFL.

TedSlimmJr
01-09-2012, 03:58 AM
A winner...nuff said.

There's a little more to it than that. Ken Dorsey, Pat White, Danny Weurffel, Colt Brennan, Jared Zebransky, Todd Reesing, David Greene, Graham Harrel, etc. were all winners. None of them had a weaker arm than Kellen Moore.

The physical talent still has to be there in order to hack it in the NFL.

Kistner10
01-09-2012, 05:03 AM
He's going to go down as a Josh Heupel most likely. A future College Football Hall of Famer, but I doubt he makes it in the NFL. I definately would like to see him make it though.

SMadison29
01-09-2012, 09:24 AM
His offense isn't similar to the one Drew Brees played in at Purdue. Joe Tiller's offense at Purdue was a true version of the spread.

Kellen Moore's offense at Boise is predominantly spread concepts in the passing game (quick screens, etc.) but has more pro style elements to it. Personnel and formation dictates whether or not your offense is "pro style", and Boise uses a lot of 12, 21, and 22 personnel, with their offensive lineman playing in a 3-point stance.... and Moore takes a lot of snaps from under center.

They like to use 'zip' motion (Z receiver motions inside towards the formation) out of Twins formation. All of these are pro style concepts.

Mentally and fundamentally from a mechanics and footwork standpoint, Kellen Moore is an NFL quarterback playing the college game.

However, physically and from a stature perspective, he's completely undraftable. He's lucky if he's 5'11", 190. His arm is weak as I've ever seen on a D-1 college quarterback.

There's not a helluva lot of difference between giving a guy a 6th round grade or an undraftable grade. It simply comes down to how you feel about the player in your gut.

Kellen Moore is probably worth a shot as a 7th rounder simply based on his accomplishments and profile. I just don't see any way this kid can make it in the NFL.

I'll add in that his release is a little slow & due to his lack of arm strength he cocks the ball back quite a bit causing his throwing motion to start lower than you want.

insom187
01-10-2012, 03:03 AM
This is the only QB I'd take in the late rounds if we havent taken a shot on someone in the 2nd. I love his attitude, mentality and ability to make throws when he needs to. Worst case you put him behind Moore and see what happens. In my view his weak arm strength can be increased through weight training and good coaching. Last of all this team just needs someone who knows how to win and will bring back that attitude to this team.

Roman529
01-10-2012, 04:40 AM
I think he has the record for the most wins as a college QB with 50?

NorFlaFin
01-10-2012, 12:00 PM
I like to have Boise State QB coach moreso then Kellen Moore

insom187
01-11-2012, 12:57 AM
That would be correct

305finforlife
01-11-2012, 09:44 AM
I would draft him if he last till the 6th round. Nick Foles and Oilsweler (ASU) cat make be good mid round picks.

Ricky_Fan34
01-11-2012, 12:35 PM
I'd love to take a late round flyers on Kellen Moore. I know he doesn't have everything you look for in an NFL quarterback, but he has all the intangibles and is deadly accurate. I certainly don't want to bring him in and start him, but I would love nothing more than to bring him in to sit for a few years and see what happens. In terms of knowledge of the game and attitude/work ethic, I'm not sure there is anyone better, save Andrew Luck.