PDA

View Full Version : Reckless to trade up for RGIII

Hayden Fox
01-08-2012, 10:33 AM
When I hear the packages it would take to move up to #2 and RGIII, I cringe. I think it would set the franchise back many years. RGIII is a very interesting player. However, IF the packages involved 4 to 5 high picks over the next two years, it is not worth it. There is too much talent coming to the end of their contracts. Many have to be replaced via the draft. If the picks are coughed up for the #2 pick, average talent could very well replace many of these guys.

Obviously, some can and will be brought back AND FA's could be brought in as well. However, I think it is reckless to give up a package such as 2 #1's and 2 #2's for RGIII.

Take a look at some of the names:
Last year of their deals:
* Bush
* Hartline
* Fasano
* Long
* Starks
* Wake
* Smith
* YB
* Fields

Two years left on their deals:
* Davis
* Incognito
* Bess

We just cannot give up those picks. I would rather go with Moore, pick up a FA QB or wait to see how the QB's fall in the draft.

Ross MUST be patient in this process.

dr.jake
01-08-2012, 01:52 PM
i'm never a fan of trading picks. history shows this franchise frankly isn't savvy enuf to ever get us a good deal. take BPA at #8/9.

Smokey89
01-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Yeah! Keep doing what you been doing the last 30 years or so. Don't move up to take a franchise QB, just sit back and waste your draft picks like you always do!

SF Dolphin Fan
01-08-2012, 08:18 PM
I'd trade two #1's for sure and maybe one other high pick. Above all, I think he's a winner. Has some things to work on, but I think he has a good chance to be a franchise quarterback. Interestingly, I think the Rams have a tough decision. Do you take RGIII, trade Bradford, trade the pick, take Blackmon. Lots of possibilities there. I think the Dolphins need to explore moving up, but the reality is they will have to likely roll the dice on someone like a Ryan Tannehill.

Smokey89
01-08-2012, 08:21 PM
One team steps up to the plate every year to get the player they want. It's your turn Miami, how bout generate a little excitement for a change!!!

3rdandinches
01-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Yeah! Keep doing what you been doing the last 30 years or so. Don't move up to take a franchise QB, just sit back and waste your draft picks like you always do!

Trade up for a franchise QB like A.Luck not a hopefully develops into a franchise QB.

PJack
01-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Yet we started the season 0-7 and finished 6-10 with these same guys. We didn't play a meaningful game after September. The prior two seasons we were 7-9 with many of these guys.

It's not that I don't want to keep many of them. However, they can be replaced and we don't need 1st round picks to replace any one on that list. Bottom line is we will continue to be mediocre until we find a legitimate QB. Is RG3 that guy??? I don't know, but it's about freakin time we take a shot on someone that doesn't get passed up by 31 other teams first.

Fromwayback
01-08-2012, 11:26 PM
I am in favor of trading 2 first rnd picks &you maybe a 4thfew next year to move up to the #2 spot but not for RGIII , it would be to draft Blackmon to pair up with Marshall.

uga3406
01-09-2012, 12:00 AM
I am in favor of trading 2 first rnd picks &you maybe a 4thfew next year to move up to the #2 spot but not for RGIII , it would be to draft Blackmon to pair up with Marshall.

Hell no, would I trade draft picks to move up and take Blackmon. Are you insane? If we are giving up picks, it would be to get RG111.

silverfin
01-09-2012, 03:27 AM
I don't think Fins will move up to number 2. However if we win that coin toss against Carolina for the 8th pick and RGIII falls to number 5 then maybe we can work something out with Tampa where we don't get totally ripped off. As long as nobody moves up to number 2 or 3 this is a realistic scenario, as I still think Cleveland will go RB anyway