PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Miller > Trent Richardson

Hayden Fox
01-09-2012, 10:14 PM
I will stand by this for the next five years. Miller is electric and has breakaway ability. He is going to light up the combine and be one of the major stories of the week. Richardson is a bruising back that is going to breakdown early in his NFL career.

I always question Nick Saban's players at the next level. However, regardless, Miller I feel is going to end up being the best RB in this year's class.

PJack
01-09-2012, 10:43 PM
I could definitely see longevity being an issue with Richardson as he doesnt shy away from contact. BUT...I'm still taking Richardson first if we wanted a RB...all day. Guy is a beast.

hooshoops
01-09-2012, 11:02 PM
you canes fans are a trip...i like miller and all and my biggest beef with richardson is he's not all the elusive takes a lot of contact but when a guys that big and powerful and runs that downhill and can really run like i expect richardson will show at the combine scouts will fall over themselves over the kid

Hayden Fox
01-09-2012, 11:26 PM
you canes fans are a trip...i like miller and all and my biggest beef with richardson is he's not all the elusive takes a lot of contact but when a guys that big and powerful and runs that downhill and can really run like i expect richardson will show at the combine scouts will fall over themselves over the kid

Richardson will go ahead of Miller, but Miller will be the better pick.

The bruising running back type is blah...give me game breaking ability and the threat to take it to the house.

sinPHIN
01-09-2012, 11:30 PM
i was really high on richardson coming into the year, but not so much now. i think he will probly disapear like ingram did. but who know. i havent rated rb's yet

Kistner10
01-09-2012, 11:32 PM
Richardson will be better than Miller. I don't see that one at all. Richardson is a tough runner, who is also a pretty good big play guy when he's not playing LSU. I think you're off on this one Hayden Fox.

sinPHIN
01-09-2012, 11:39 PM
ridchardson is def the best coming out. but with his style how long will he last. miller is number 2, but i have chris polk right behind him. if we didnt have two decent rbs right now i would be down grabing polk in the 3rd if he fell that far, which i dont see happening

Mage_Phin
01-10-2012, 12:00 AM

OP's avatar is a University of Minnesota Gopher. C'mon man. Anyway, as a Hurricanes fan, I really don't think Miller is going to be that good. His vision, blocking, and pass catching are all questionable and in the second half of the season dude was playing like a b****.

Funky Fin
01-10-2012, 12:07 AM
I'll be drafting Miller next year in fantasy fo shizzle. Lamar is for real.

hooshoops
01-10-2012, 12:36 AM
OP's avatar is a University of Minnesota Gopher. C'mon man. Anyway, as a Hurricanes fan, I really don't think Miller is going to be that good. His vision, blocking, and pass catching are all questionable and in the second half of the season dude was playing like a b****.

never really paid any attention but yeah thanks for the heads up...i think personally millers a little overrated to be honest...but i do think he's got some pretty good nfl talent...that said if its 1st round for miller i'm a pass guy

JCane
01-10-2012, 01:03 AM
Miller could be special if he didn't play "Just Dance" in the backfield every time.

uga3406
01-10-2012, 01:30 AM
I could definitely see longevity being an issue with Richardson as he doesnt shy away from contact. BUT...I'm still taking Richardson first if we wanted a RB...all day. Guy is a beast.

The last thing this team needs is a rb. I love Richardson but I'll pass for now.

TedSlimmJr
01-10-2012, 02:09 AM
Whiff.

insom187
01-10-2012, 02:31 AM
I really like Richardson but he is not Adrian Peterson and with what we have in the backfield currently thats what it would take to draft a RB so high. Too many other needs to go after him.

COphinphan89
01-10-2012, 02:46 PM
:sidelol:

MRojas4
01-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Millers pass block ability will be a huge liability in the NFL. Guy is a beast but should of stayed another year.

Went to my highschool, Killian Senior High represent!

Played ball will Stephen Tulloch.

Tunaphish429
01-10-2012, 03:12 PM
I am a Canes fan and I think Miller is the real deal..but if you want a guy that can carry the load for you and maybe even carry your team Richardson is your guy..He is an every down back day one...and he has upside. Bama handcuffed him as far as weight lifting went because they were afraid his spotters would get hurt..Miller is more of a break away threat via speed but Richardson is a guy that can do what Miller can with vision. Defenses dont wanna tackle him. I actually dont see durability as an issue. Players get hurt but this guy is in prime condition. He is a bull. I know Mike Shannhan does not take backs high in drafts( No history of) but if he is there and no qb is there how can you not take him? He would be a monster in that system.

Big Daddy 13
01-10-2012, 03:15 PM
We don't exactly need a RB (I wasn't impressed with Thomas this season), but if he was there and there was no QB to be had in the 1st, then he's the guy. I doubt Reggie stays healthy next season anyway.

datruth55
01-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Big fan of the U, love the Canes but the only thing Miller has over Richardson is speed. He can't create a hole, he can't move the pile and he has bad shoulders. He left early IMO because his shoulders aren't going to let him have a very long career so he better get the money while he can. There is so much of Miller's game that he needs to work on still too. Pass blocking, pass receiving, continuing to drive his legs after contact, getting his pad level down when he approaches the hole, squaring up to the LOS when he runs through the hole...a lot to work on. But, as I mentioned, because of his shoulders I fully understand why he left early.

MarshallFin1
01-10-2012, 03:25 PM
i disagree, richardson is on adrian petersons level, miller is more on arian foster level, big difference. Put it this way, if richardson drops to us, we'd be crazy to pass on a phenom like that, even with reggie having a great year.

rob19
01-10-2012, 03:28 PM
I don't want a running back in the first round period. The first running back off the board last year was at #28 to the Saints. Granted Richardson is a better talent than Ingram, but I don't think a running back's value is what it used to be. I think you can find quality depth in FA or in the later rounds.

JEDIJ007
01-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Who teh **** is Lamar Miller. does he work at Stanford adn Son?

2413fanphins
01-10-2012, 08:33 PM
LSU held trich in check last night. 96 yards on 20 carries and 34 on one run...

I like a lot of things about lamar miller, but I don't know if he's better than trent. I'd love to see lamar in miami though. damn.

Hayden Fox
01-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Miller is going to blow up his pro day.

JCane
01-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Who teh **** is Lamar Miller. does he work at Stanford adn Son?

You don't watch a lot of college football do you?

Ricky4Life
01-10-2012, 11:39 PM
Richardson is better. I see a lot of Ricky in him but that could be just me.

SF Dolphin Fan
01-10-2012, 11:56 PM
Richardson will go ahead of Miller, but Miller will be the better pick.

The bruising running back type is blah...give me game breaking ability and the threat to take it to the house.You may be right, especially in today's NFL. That's one reason I also like Demps.

Hayden Fox
02-26-2012, 05:57 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/26/with-4-40-miamis-miller-runs-fastest-forty-among-running-backs/

Lamar Miller will be a stud in the NFL. He might go in the 2nd Round and Richardson in the 1st, but in the end Miller will be the better guy.

It is why you do not take a RB in the 1st round.

2413fanphins
02-26-2012, 06:12 PM
I think miller will be there in the second. As he should be. I hope we never take a runningback in the top ten again. As good as ap is, they cant beat greenbay and green bay doesnt have an AP. You need a qb and playmakers. Miller is a homerun waiting to happen. If miller is around at 42, or wherever we are, hed be quite enticing.

The Confessor
02-26-2012, 06:57 PM
never really paid any attention but yeah thanks for the heads up...i think personally millers a little overrated to be honest...but i do think he's got some pretty good nfl talent...that said if its 1st round for miller i'm a pass guy

Interesting. I personally think that Richardson is VERY over-rated....

JCane
02-26-2012, 07:02 PM
Richardson is overrated in the sense that most people will expect him to do in the NFL what he did in college.

This will not happen because the running game isn't as relied upon in the NFL as it is in the college game these days.

As far as Lamar Miller...his knee is a concern for me.

WVDolphan
02-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Whiff.

Its amazing really.

Ive been reading threads for about 15 minutes now and ive barely been able to look at the screen because of my palm being over my face. Reading a bunch of RG3 bs and now this tops it all off.

Miamifin23
02-26-2012, 11:37 PM
These guys aren't in the same neighborhood dude... Richardson is a straight beast and will be a force in the league next season... One of the best rb's that's came out in a while. If we somehow pull off manning or Flynn I wouldn't be opposed to Richardson even though we have bigger needs. Yes I know we need oline safety wr and Te help but Richardson will be a difference maker and someone is going to steal that man if he falls

RichmondWeb
02-26-2012, 11:59 PM
If Richardson is available at #8, we should make a deal with whatever team has to have him, Cincy?, and acquire extra picks in the late 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and beyond. We do need a back but we need one to back up Bush, who can do what Bush can do, if Bush gets hurt. I like LaMicheal James in the late 2nd or early 3rd.

RW

quasi
02-27-2012, 01:18 AM
If we take a RB in early rounds in back to back drafts i will be disappointed.

justdev7
02-27-2012, 03:13 AM
Lamar Miller is the truth. Breakaway speed, great agility/allusiveness, good size, and isn't afraid to run a guy over.

Twitches Brew
02-27-2012, 11:08 PM
Lamar Miller is soft. He never played a complete game between the tackles--let alone a complete month of hard-running football; he either split time or started going down on first contact. He's not a guy you can lean on. Hard to tell how big of a deal that is/will be in the passing NFL.

Lord Of Miami
02-28-2012, 12:53 AM
I would of liked Richardson more if he wasn't so into getting bigger...i think he's lost some speed because of that, but he's still going to be a really good RB in the NFL.

If he wakes up one day and makes up his mind he wants to get his speed back to where it was i think he could very well be a HOF kind of player, but as it is ur still getting a top 8 RB in him.

Miller is a heck of a RB but he needs to work on some things, but he is a home run hitter.So it really depends on what ur looking for in a RB and it's " OK " to like both.

luduporcu
02-28-2012, 01:44 AM
ridchardson is def the best coming out. but with his style how long will he last. miller is number 2, but i have chris polk right behind him. if we didnt have two decent rbs right now i would be down grabing polk in the 3rd if he fell that far, which i dont see happening

We DON'T have TWO decent HBs now: we have ONE. D THOMAS came as close to less-than-mediocre as you'll ever see. Throw in an inability to stay healthy, and the word "bust" comes up. He has shown next to nothing

2413fanphins
02-28-2012, 09:17 AM
Im way past the we need a between ghe tackles kind of guy. Does green bay pound the rock between the tackles? Its about getting the ball in the hands of speed and making big plays.

Hayden Fox
08-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Not sure what Miller will do this year, but he is off to a better start than Richardson. Richardson will be a bust.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8248705/sources-cleveland-browns-trent-richardson-knee-surgery-thursday

Tunaphish429
08-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Richardson is a mad man..I knew he was going to go top 3 and deserved to that high....that being said this knee issue is a major concern...I think he will bounce back from it...but right now he is a huge doubt...

Gonzo
08-09-2012, 12:32 PM
RB's bounce back from knee injuries all the time. I'm far more concerned with Miller's shoulders.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

hooshoops
08-09-2012, 02:41 PM
t richs knee is worrisome imo...dr james andrews...thats never a good thing

ali.bryan
08-22-2012, 06:32 AM
richardson will do all his running in games, the browns offense will run him in the ground, like the nfl does with most young backs

smokster
08-23-2012, 12:42 PM
richardson is going to be a stud. 25-30 carries a game and rookie of the year

MacGruber1
08-25-2012, 01:55 AM
You're going to regret starting this thread

Hayden Fox
08-25-2012, 11:25 AM

Maybe. However, considering that Richardson is still not playing and Miller is getting little in touches I am willing to be patient.

I think Miller is Reggie Bush's replacement next year anyways. More than 3 preseason games does a career make.

Hayden Fox
09-16-2012, 04:55 PM
I am telling you Lamar Miller will outshine Trent Richardson in time. Miller showed his explosion today.

greasyObnoxious
09-16-2012, 05:10 PM
I am telling you Lamar Miller will outshine Trent Richardson in time. Miller showed his explosion today.

it's not like Richardson played like a beast today...

JCane
09-16-2012, 05:15 PM
There's no questioning his explosion. That was never a concern of mine.

My concern is his shoulder an his dancing.

Looked like he left his dancing shows at home today, though.

finsfanjay13
09-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Cannot hate on Miller today. That is not a comparison to Richardson, just a statement. Miller did well.

twix2500
09-16-2012, 07:33 PM
I have complete confidence this kid is going to continue to imrove throughout the year. He has the luxury to not have the pressure to carry the load his rookie season. He can focuse on perfecting his craft so he will be ready when its time for him to carry the load. He will show that he was a steal in draft.

TedSlimmJr
09-16-2012, 10:10 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/09/trich_medium-1.gif

That wasn't even his best touchdown today...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/09/asvzqk-1.jpg

Trent didn't even have a preseason... this is a month after a knee scope.

Lamar Miller is not in Trent Richardson's class, without even factoring in the aspects that get you on the field as a starter.... pass protection and ability to identify and pick up blitzes.

This is probably the silliest thread in the entire draft forum... and that's sayin' something.

ticophin
09-17-2012, 02:54 PM
Plus, itīs going to take something REALLY special to take the ROY from RGIII

tylerdolphin
09-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Its absolutely not a slight to Miller at all to say he isnt on Richardson's level.

ticophin
09-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Richardson is a wrecking ball with a V-12...Miller is as fast and elusive, but, has a bum shoulder, the moment he has to use it to plow his way through, heīll be thinking about it...

Phinatic8u
09-19-2012, 01:32 PM
Plus, itīs going to take something REALLY special to take the ROY from RGIII

Your making this statement after only 2 games?

:lol:

ticophin
09-19-2012, 06:29 PM
yes, and its my opinion...

Fish Head
09-23-2012, 09:28 AM
Lamar Miller

Clipse
09-24-2012, 11:08 PM

3 games now, and I'd say RG3 clearly has this thing locked up if he keeps playing as remotely good as he has been. He has all the hype surrounding him, and that's as important as anything since the media does the voting. Doesn't help that Richardson has looked pretty damn awful in 2 games either. Long way to go of course, but I don't see RG3 slipping enough that he doesn't run away with it, even if Trent Richardson has a great year.

2413fanphins
09-26-2012, 10:37 PM
another vote for miller time here. I was on the miller side of this conversation when it was started way back. We didn't have to give up the third pick in the draft for a back who is IMO, been more productive or at the very least just as productive so far as a pro in lamar miller.

31 less rushing attempts, 62 less yards, 1 less touchdown. (rushing)... he has yet to be featured in the passing game but even still he only trails trich by 11 rec and a td.

it's a long ways out before we can tell who the better back will be in the NFL, but as of right now we have 3 professional games to go off of, and IMO, lamar miller may end up having the better statistical year, playing from a backup role.

adrianbello360
10-02-2012, 08:39 PM
beast

Hayden Fox
10-21-2012, 05:16 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/21/trent-richardson-wasnt-injured-wasnt-effective/

Miller cannot seem to get on the field right now, but after reading this article, I am still holding to my take that Miller will end up being better than Richardson.

Kistner10
10-21-2012, 06:23 PM
I'd give you credit on Miller Hayden Fox.

I think their talent is close enough that the only thing really seperating them is opportunity for carries. I think Miller, once he learns to pass block, can be a starting HB in the NFL.

Thats part of the reason I'd never draft a RB in the first round unless I thought they were a truely unique talent and could become the best RB in football (Like Peterson as a prospect).

I wasn't a fan of Cleveland taking Richardson so high, especially since Miller(4th rd), Alfred Morris (6th Rd), and Daryl Richardson (7th Rd) all look really good. Vick Ballard also looks decent and he was a 5th Rd pick I believe too, so I don't think the value of taking Richardson at number 3 overall is all that great.

Pinkboy
10-22-2012, 12:11 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/21/trent-richardson-wasnt-injured-wasnt-effective/

Miller cannot seem to get on the field right now, but after reading this article, I am still holding to my take that Miller will end up being better than Richardson.

I would never select a RB in the 1st round.

I remember debating this with several Pro-Richardson and Pro-Ingram guys on the board the past couple of years, guys who wanted them in the 1st round. And who were foaming at the mouth for them. lol

just say NO to RB's in the 1st round. Good backs can be acquired in many other ways.

In 5 games this year Mark Ingram has 106 total yards rushing, and "under" 3 yards per carry. And just 1 catch for minus 1 yard. ROFL

Vindicated

Kistner10
10-22-2012, 03:08 AM
I would never select a RB in the 1st round.

I remember debating this with several Pro-Richardson and Pro-Ingram guys on the board the past couple of years, guys who wanted them in the 1st round. And who were foaming at the mouth for them. lol

just say NO to RB's in the 1st round. Good backs can be acquired in many other ways.

In 5 games this year Mark Ingram has 106 total yards rushing, and "under" 3 yards per carry. And just 1 catch for minus 1 yard. ROFL

Vindicated

Totally agree. Arian Foster wasn't even drafted and the guy is the best RB in football right now.

The Ronnie Brown pick was really what killed Nick Saban during his tenure here. You can get solid RB's anywhere in the draft really. To draft one in the top 5 and not have them become a top 2 or 3 RB in football really sets you back.

ChambersWI
10-22-2012, 08:35 AM
Richardson I think was worth a top 5 talent wise. The dumb thing was trading up one spot for him when nobody else was looking to move up for him. Ingram I thought would be better than he has so far due to his receiving ability but it hasn't happened.

RBs are kind of funny. There are quite a few RBs out there that you'd think were gonna be good pro RBs in the pros haven't done that yet.

Hayden Fox
10-22-2012, 08:39 PM
You wonder if the Browns should have took RT and drafted a Doug Martin?

Wildbill3
10-22-2012, 09:47 PM
Totally agree. Arian Foster wasn't even drafted and the guy is the best RB in football right now.

The Ronnie Brown pick was really what killed Nick Saban during his tenure here. You can get solid RB's anywhere in the draft really. To draft one in the top 5 and not have them become a top 2 or 3 RB in football really sets you back.
yeah. we could've had rogers AND Frank gore.

Wildbill3
10-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Richardson I think was worth a top 5 talent wise. The dumb thing was trading up one spot for him when nobody else was looking to move up for him. Ingram I thought would be better than he has so far due to his receiving ability but it hasn't happened.

RBs are kind of funny. There are quite a few RBs out there that you'd think were gonna be good pro RBs in the pros haven't done that yet.runningbacks gotta have the vision before anything else. without it... they tend to plow aheadinto the back of linemen and can't anticpate where the hole is going to be. they have to see the hole before they hit it, and in the nfl the hole opens and closes so quickly that if you don't have a feel for it, you'll miss your chance.

ticophin
02-02-2013, 11:07 PM

"Robert Griffin III beat out fellow quarterbacks Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson to win Offensive Rookie of the Year award."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130202/rg3-arians-kuechly-claim-yearly-awards/#ixzz2JnjO3goB

Crow "a la meniere" is served, donīt be late for dinner!!:up:

utahphinsfan
02-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Bob griffin won Roy!? Yawn!

Lets hear it for the social engineering that follows he & every other African American QB except Doug Williams & Warren Moon. pfffffffffft!

Valandui
02-03-2013, 03:57 PM
"Robert Griffin III beat out fellow quarterbacks Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson to win Offensive Rookie of the Year award."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130202/rg3-arians-kuechly-claim-yearly-awards/#ixzz2JnjO3goB

In all fairness, I knew he would win ROTY as soon as he got the Heisman, whether he deserved it or not.

ticophin
02-04-2013, 11:58 AM
It just takes posting to receive critiques, but credits, impossible...

Hayden Fox
12-01-2013, 10:16 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/01/colts-bench-trent-richardson/

My boy Miler needs to get better, but based on the round of the pick and the given stats....and that he is still starting Miller > Richardson.

Hayden Fox
12-01-2013, 10:19 AM

Really?

JCane
12-01-2013, 11:13 AM
OP nailed it.

However, I don't think anyone is very impressed with Lamar Miller. He's pretty much exactly what he was at the University of Miami. He's a guy with lightning quick speed who hangs out in the backfield looking for that warp zone hole that's going to launch him 80+ yards.

I will say that he has made improvements this season from week one to today. Lately, he has been trusting and following some blocks as he should and picking up some nice gains. His size and fragility is still a concern for me as well.

JCane
12-01-2013, 11:17 AM
Also, we should dig up those threads where guys said Trent Richardson was a without question a top five draft pick and would produce as such because he's the next best thing to Adrian Peterson.

I told you guys, it's not difficult to see....the running game in the NFL is a thing of the past. No one relies on the big bruising back in today's NFL. The NFL has slanted rules in favor of the QB and WR and have taken the RB away.

Phinatic8u
12-01-2013, 11:21 AM

FAIL!

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Also, we should dig up those threads where guys said Trent Richardson was a without question a top five draft pick and would produce as such because he's the next best thing to Adrian Peterson.

I told you guys, it's not difficult to see....the running game in the NFL is a thing of the past. No one relies on the big bruising back in today's NFL. The NFL has slanted rules in favor of the QB and WR and have taken the RB away.

But to be successful you have to be able to run the ball..

JCane
12-01-2013, 11:33 AM

FAIL!

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

But to be successful you have to be able to run the ball..

No one will argue against that.

But spending a top five pick on a RB is laughable. I don't care who it is. The NFL is no longer built for a superstar RB.

What are the Minnesota Vikings doing with Adrian Peterson these days? Adrian Peterson is the best RB the NFL has seen in 15 years and he's only useful in nerd ball. If I'm the Vikings, I'm unloading him while he still has some value left.

WVDolphan
12-01-2013, 11:42 AM
Both of them blow.

hooshoops
12-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Both of them blow.

Pretty much...miller doesn't run thru contact at all...more a 2nd rb in a split carry system

Hayden Fox
12-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Miller is not a 1st rounder that has been spun off for another 1st rounder. I will take Miller in the fourth round and what he gives versus Richardson.

Mudder1310
12-01-2013, 02:21 PM
I would love to see him become a more committed type of runner. Make one cut and go for however far that is instead of dancing looking for the big play.

Hayden Fox
12-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Not a bad day for Miller against the best run defense in the league.

2413fanphins
12-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Not a bad day for Miller against the best run defense in the league.

meanwhile, trent richardson, the former first rounder, who was traded for first rounder, was benched in favor of... donald brown??

at the very least miller in the 4th was better than trich in the 1st.

j-off-her-doll
12-02-2013, 01:32 PM
No one will argue against that.

But spending a top five pick on a RB is laughable. I don't care who it is. The NFL is no longer built for a superstar RB.

What are the Minnesota Vikings doing with Adrian Peterson these days? Adrian Peterson is the best RB the NFL has seen in 15 years and he's only useful in nerd ball. If I'm the Vikings, I'm unloading him while he still has some value left.

Seattle has - by far - my favorite backfield in the league. I absolutely love the way they're built. Three physical backs - all about 220 - who can take and give punishment.