PDA

View Full Version : Tannehill has broken foot

Hayden Fox
01-11-2012, 11:56 AM
http://www.aggiesports.com/football/A-amp-amp-M-quarterback-Ryan-Tannehill-breaks-foot--will-miss-Senior-Bo--6895141

This really hurts his draft stock a he is out of the Senior Bowl...

Qb's becoming less and less attractive...

Tunaphish429
01-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Wow that is huge....would not mind taking a late round flyer on him.

Nappy Roots
01-11-2012, 12:03 PM
He's not going to be a late round flyer player, just because of a broken foot.

Hayden Fox
01-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Him not playing in the Senior Bowl is going to kill him though. He is a 2nd rounder.

I have brutal debates with people around here about Weeden. However, his stock has to be rising like the tide. No Barkley. No Jones. Tannehill is hurt.

Weeden, Foles and Cousins have a real chance to emerge somewhere in all of this. Senior Bowl will be interesting.

Fin Thirteen
01-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Depending on the break, that could make him a serious value pick.

state06
01-11-2012, 12:33 PM
some team will still take him relatively early... this class is geting thinner and thinner as the days go on

Zounds
01-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Is it his planting foot? A broken bone in the foot isnt a huge deal,but the term "broken foot" can mean a lot of things, like lisfranc fractures.

3rdandinches
01-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Pro days will bring his stock back up.

hooshoops
01-11-2012, 04:21 PM
depends on how serious it is...if its a 8-12 week thing provided he can toss the rock around at a pro day predraft i think he'll be fine...

ckparrothead
01-11-2012, 04:40 PM
I'm hearing that scouts love Tannehill regardless. He's not falling to the 2nd round. Don't be surprised if he goes top 12.

This is being regarded as a good Senior Bowl QBs group. It will feature Brandon Weeden, Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins, Ryan Lindley, Russell Wilson and Kellen Moore. That's pretty good but there are no sure 1st rounders in there to capture everyone's gaze. That will give people the opportunity to just see who looks the best. I think Russell Wilson and Brandon Weeden will look the best, and of those two Weeden will be literally head and shoulders above Wilson, which will help Weeden's stock a lot.

I don't know that Tannehill was ever destined to look great in Senior Bowl practices anyway, but he was going to be the ringer, the Jake Locker that would capture everyone's attention. Thing is, Locker's presence at the Senior Bowl ended up instrumental in Colin Kaepernick's rise up the boards, maybe Andy Dalton's and Christian Ponder's as well, because those guys all looked just as good as Locker at the Senior Bowl. So if Tannehill isn't involved here, Weeden can go out and be the best QB in the group by a long shot and there will always be some wondering about who would look better between Weeden and Tannehill (I already know the answer to that).

Russell Wilson stands to gain a lot from these Senior Bowl practices. He has a background in dropback, more pro compatible offense. I think he's going to look just as good as Weeden at these practices, maybe even better because it could take Weeden a little time to get used to the new things the coaches will ask him to do. And you have a Russell Wilson, projected 5th or 6th rounder, coming out to the Senior Bowl against what is regarded as a GOOD group of QBs...and looking the best among them? That's a stock lift.

hooshoops
01-11-2012, 04:49 PM
man...tannehill in the top 12...mort today said rg3 will go #2...said some gm told him already that rg3 is a better pure passer than cam newton was...i don't buy that...never will

ckparrothead
01-11-2012, 05:04 PM
It's all in your definition of "better".

Hayden Fox
01-11-2012, 07:35 PM
It is going to be so interesting to see who has the "buzz" coming out of Mobile. I love draft season.

#1dolphinsfan
01-11-2012, 07:44 PM
He will be a first round pick imo

Roman529
01-12-2012, 01:31 AM
Well if Ross has any cash left after hiring Fisher, maybe he can throw Matt Flynn about $10 million? Luck and RG3 are pretty much the only sure things at QB in the draft.

sinPHIN
01-12-2012, 02:03 AM
i want to see weeden under center, and not in the ok st system. the only thing that can change my mind with him is seeing him succeed at the senior bowl in a pro style offense. right now im not high on him bc of the system he was in. robinson before him had great numbers too...