PDA

View Full Version : Senior QB's Announced

Hayden Fox
01-11-2012, 01:56 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/11/senior-bowl-quarterbacks-in-place/

I am fired up to see these guys square off and see who shows well in the week. I am interested in seeing what Kirk Cousins can do...Weeden and Foles...good stuff.

hooshoops
01-11-2012, 02:35 PM
i'm betting ryan lindley is gonna show well that week...

datruth55
01-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Weeden, Foles and Wilson will be interesting to watch that week.

Hayden Fox
01-11-2012, 03:12 PM
NFL Network practices will be a ball because watching the QB's is easy to do in a tv practice setting.

Great to reaffirm or revise opinions. Something to look forward to.

#1dolphinsfan
01-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Nick Foles is gonna push himself into the first round during the senior bowl

ckparrothead
01-11-2012, 05:03 PM
The invite that will gain the most from this will be Russell Wilson. He's projected a lowly 5th or 6th round pick but after this Senior Bowl, he'll be in the 3rd round.

He's always been an EXCELLENT quarterback, from NC State to Wisconsin. Last year I witnessed Scott Tolzien, also from Wisconsin, first hand basically dominate Shrine practices. I think they coach well over there and it translates to this setting. But Tolzien isn't the QB that Wilson was, and I knew that would show up during the game itself when Tolzien had to face a pass rush. Wilson can dominate the practices like Tolzien did, AND also follow through with a good game.

He and Kellen Moore are the lowest rated QBs in the Senior Bowl. Moore is another short guy. The two of them will stand out from the crowd as Weeden is at least 6'4", Foles is at least 6'5" and Lindley is at least 6'4". Cousins could show up a little short, maybe 6'3". But Moore and Wilson will clearly be shorter than everyone else and you'll see it. But this is not necessarily a bad thing. This just frames a situation and competition in the minds of many scouts and media personalities. Russell Wilson will be stuck in a Russell Wilson versus Kellen Moore battle. The battle of the shorties, the battle to see which one is legit and which one is not. The benefit of that is, it implies that one of them is definitely legit. That's kind of human nature.

Russell Wilson will probably dust Kellen Moore, based on what I've seen of the two on tape. But he also might end up looking the absolute best (if people are being honest with himselves) of every QB there...because of his consistency. Nick Foles will not be consistent. He'll show up looking awesome on Monday, terrible on Tuesday, middling on Wednesday, awesome on Thursday and then so-so during the game. Brandon Weeden will take some time getting his feet wet with the style of offense he's being asked to run. He could look so-so early in the week and then great in the middle or later in the week. Kirk Cousins will throw a bunch of picks. Ryan Lindley will have practice days where he can't complete a single pass. Kellen Moore will throw balls to the perimeter that end up one-hopping their way to the quarterback. And behind it all will be Russell Wilson, steadily impressing every day of the week.

This will give Russell Wilson a nice amount of momentum and he should be able to raise his draft stock nicely off it.

That's my prediction.

datruth55
01-11-2012, 05:41 PM
I agree with you ck. I've said before if Russell Wilson was 6'2" he'd be the #2 QB in this draft and not RGIII. His size is what's causing everyone to look the other way IMO but he's high character, lots of intangibles and can operate from the pocket much the same way Drew Brees does. Plus he has a lot of mobility...he's not an athlete playing QB, he's an athletic QB. There is a difference. If he does drop to the 5th or 6th round I hope we pull the trigger on him...nothing to lose at that point. I'd actually take him in the 3rd if we can't get any of the other higher rated QBs.

ckparrothead
01-11-2012, 06:01 PM
If he drops that far I think you take him just because of the value he presents, no matter what you did in the high rounds with the QB position.

Wouldn't surprise me if I've got him higher than Robert Griffin before all is said and done. Definitely has the potential to be this year's T.J. Yates.

weisdolphins
01-12-2012, 04:57 AM
If he drops that far I think you take him just because of the value he presents, no matter what you did in the high rounds with the QB position.

Wouldn't surprise me if I've got him higher than Robert Griffin before all is said and done. Definitely has the potential to be this year's T.J. Yates.

Russell Wilson is the quarterback that I want.

Hayden Fox
01-12-2012, 02:12 PM
I think Kirk Cousins will be the one that makes a strong impression.