PDA

View Full Version : dre kirkpatrick

SamIam
01-11-2012, 06:06 PM
will you guys be mad if we draft dre kirkpatrick?

Phinglish
01-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Hell no. I'm desperate for a play maker with our first and I think Dre can be exactly that. We arguably need a playmaker in the defensive backfield more than anywhere else on the field so although CB isn't necessarily a top need, I think his presence would make a big difference to the defence as a whole.

I also tend to think that of we don't move from 8/9, CB will likely be the best value we can get.

SamIam
01-11-2012, 07:33 PM
I agree.. I watched him Lot and he always seems to be around the ball, plays like a lb and has great instincts and feel for the game

#1dolphinsfan
01-11-2012, 07:51 PM
He would be great to have on the other side of davis

Kistner10
01-11-2012, 10:14 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to trying and getting Claiborne or drafting Kirkpatrick. Then we can move Sean Smith to FS and solve that problem as well.

Phin-Phan 66
01-12-2012, 01:12 AM
Dre in the first and Weeden in the 2nd (or Flynn in FA) and I'm a happy Phin-Phan

sinPHIN
01-12-2012, 01:27 AM
I wouldn't be opposed to trying and getting Claiborne or drafting Kirkpatrick. Then we can move Sean Smith to FS and solve that problem as well.
not gonna happen. smith cant tackle

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

i wouldnt be to upset, but we have bigger needs. upshaw would be a better pick.

Kistner10
01-12-2012, 03:19 AM

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Smith would be a fine FS. He wouldn't be a tackling machine back there, but plenty of teams use the FS position as more of a centerfielder anyways. We were using Smith as our FS/Rover Safety in certain packages two years ago and he excelled in it. While he's not a great tackler, he's not so terrible where it would hurt us to have him back there.

hooshoops
01-12-2012, 04:20 PM
kirkpatrick entered the draft today...as did trent richardson

Generic Name
01-12-2012, 05:16 PM

Sean Smith doesn't hit anybody. He's not a safety. his missed tackles would really hurt at FS. I'd rather see Dre come in at FS, he'd make a ton of plays back there and be worth the #8 or 9 selection.

dolfan91
01-12-2012, 06:29 PM
kirkpatrick entered the draft today...as did trent richardson Did Hightower enter the draft as well?

ChambersWI
01-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Did Hightower enter the draft as well?

yes he just wasn't at the PC cause he's sick.

What's funny (scary for me for the Michigan/Bama game) despite losing Chapman, Barron, Kirkpatrick, Upshaw, Hightower, and Gentry that defense is still loaded with talent.

dolfan91
01-12-2012, 06:47 PM
yes he just wasn't at the PC cause he's sick.

What's funny (scary for me for the Michigan/Bama game) despite losing Chapman, Barron, Kirkpatrick, Upshaw, Hightower, and Gentry that defense is still loaded with talent.I guess Saban got what he really wanted going back to the college ranks ... the guy really knows how to recruit!!!

SamIam
01-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Sean Smith doesn't hit anybody. He's not a safety. his missed tackles would really hurt at FS. I'd rather see Dre come in at FS, he'd make a ton of plays back there and be worth the #8 or 9 selection.

If you want a FS then we might as well draft Mark Barron who is a beat and like alot

Elliott 1
01-14-2012, 03:57 PM

Actually Smith can tackle. He is ranked in the middle of the pack as far as DB's missing tackles.

What he can't do is hit. I don't think I have ever seen him hit a guy. He is a good wrapup tackler. He usually gets the job done, but nobody is afraid of him. He is about as far from an intimidator like Ryan Clark as you can get.

dolfan_101
01-14-2012, 04:21 PM
Actually Smith can tackle. He is ranked in the middle of the pack as far as DB's missing tackles.What he can't do is hit. I don't think I have ever seen him hit a guy. He is a good wrapup tackler. He usually gets the job done, but nobody is afraid of him. He is about as far from an intimidator like Ryan Clark as you can get.Well said, guy can tackle but has never stuck someone.. I mean I'm sure he has some where along the line, but he's no bell ringer.

uga3406
01-15-2012, 09:08 AM
Smith can along after a rocky start. he will be fine. Leave him where he is. No reason to select another corner. We have bigger needs, line addressing the o line---again.