PDA

View Full Version : The Phins Most Embarrassing Loss ??

Marino1983
04-10-2002, 06:33 PM
Ok Phin fans, dig back deep in your Dolphins memory and see if you can remember a Dolphins loss that made you so sick in your stomach that you couldn't go to school or work the next day !! Mine is the Playoff blowout to Jaggets (Jaguars),,, I still think Coughlin ran the score up on purpose. That guy makes me want to puke every time I see him or hear his squeaky- whimpy voice, and I love how he manages their salary cap :lol: :lol: Marino1983

dolfan06
04-11-2002, 10:57 AM
Mine is the Playoff blowout to Jaggets (Jaguars),,, i'll vote for that one too! wasn't in school, was camping with the club we belong to. we have a meeting every month and at one of those meetings, a friggin packer fan would stand up and make an announcement, everytime the jags scored!

Marino1983
04-11-2002, 03:45 PM
with a couple minutes left in the 2nd quarter,,, I am surprised that I watched that much of that disgrace !!! After I pounded the living S*** out of my punching bag, a friend of mine took me to a local pub and we had a few pitchers (Molson) and I put the season into perspective, I don't rememeber if I did because I do not remember much afterwards :lol: :lol: !! Funny thing is - I do not drink alot of alcohol (grew out of that years ago) but I guess when you support a team as long as I have the Dolphins and they lose the way they lost that game --alcohol is needed to ease the pain ....:D ;) Marino1983

Billsfan
04-11-2002, 04:05 PM
At the risk of once again being verbally abused by Marino1983, I would like to add to this thread. I would also like apologize to the rest of you ahead of time. Being a Bills fan I enjoy watching the Dolphins suffer. At the same time I’m sure that most of you would love to hear what Bills game I felt was most embarrassing. I would have to say the Superbowl 27 loss to Dallas. We shouldn’t have even been in that game. We fell apart at the end of the season and got smoked by the Oilers in the Regular season finale. Then we get Houston in the wild card game the next week. They took a 35-3 lead on us early in the 2nd half and you all know what happened next. (BTW, I was at that game and it was the best game in Bills history, It was wonderful…I have it on tape and I watch it once a year). Anyway I got way off track here. Point is, that game gave us momentum and pushed us right into the Superbowl. The Cowboys outclassed us. The following year the game was much closer and if it wasn’t for two Thurman Thomas fumbles, we probably would have won. (Remember we had the lead at halftime) But if I had to choose a game that would be most embarrassing to Dolphin fans I would have to say either that 62-7 game, which (and this is that part that is going to get me in trouble) I watched every second of. EVERY SECOND. I loved it, Just as much as you guys loved Norwood’s kick go wide right, or Mark Rypien picking our defense apart in Superbowl 26. The other game that I would have to think was embarrassing would be the 1993 Championship game that the Bills won in Miami to go to Superbowl 27. I see many of you posting about the screen passes to Thurman. BTW don’t play the “Bills fans on our site” Card. I enjoy reading about our rival. I hate your team not you as people.

dolfan06
04-11-2002, 04:12 PM
I hate your team not you as people. now go hold your breath, and i'll send you a message when you can breathe by pony express. btw, the rider will be on the oldest and most decrepit horse i can find!:o

phins054
04-11-2002, 06:44 PM
Jacksonville...NOT the way Dan should have gone out...Oh and billsfan...I love that Buffalo lost 4 straight SBs. Its amazing how they won the AFC 4 years in a row, but their legacy will always be THE biggest losers in sports history...:D

Dolfan984
04-11-2002, 11:26 PM
62-7 easily. I hated watching some Ivy Leaguer tear up our D.

Frank-n-Furter
04-12-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Dolfan984
62-7 easily. I hated watching some Ivy Leaguer tear up our D. Yeah that was a shame.

miadphan13
04-12-2002, 01:57 AM
Billsfan, that was a nice of you to share. Really :) I would say that Marino's last stand in Jax was the worst for his era, but the Jets game last year in Miami ROYALLY sucked because I was there. :(

Originally posted by Billsfan
The other game that I would have to think was embarrassing would be the 1993 Championship game that the Bills won in Miami to go to Superbowl 27.

I was at that one too. :nono:

Marino1983
04-12-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
now go hold your breath, and i'll send you a message when you can breathe by pony express. btw, the rider will be on the oldest and most decrepit horse i can find!:o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Marino1983

Marino1983
04-15-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by miadphan13
Billsfan, that was a nice of you to share. Really :) I would say that Marino's last stand in Jax was the worst for his era, but the Jets game last year in Miami ROYALLY sucked because I was there. :(

I was at that one too. :nono: nice to some of these rival fans,,, especially the jILL billy bob fans ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) Marino1983

Blitz
04-16-2002, 03:43 PM
It's kind of odd how Fiedler tore apart our team the second half of that game, giving Marino his last loss, and then going on to succeed Marino.