PDA

View Full Version : Can we please stop the weeden talk on here

phinfanNY08
01-15-2012, 11:08 PM
I have seen many posts regarding Brandon weeden. Fellas, he is going to be a 29 year old rookie, stop it. That's getting past half the quarterbacks prime of their career. Why would you want three or four years of "potential" over someone (rg3, keenan, Wilson) as something to build on. We have Matt Moore right now, weeden will be a waste, please stop asking this team to draft him. we have enough issues already, we don't need draft day debacles to keep us going backwards

sinPHIN
01-15-2012, 11:10 PM
i think he is overrated. i dont get the love he gets

Valandui
01-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Because he's ready to go now and has elite tools.

phinfanNY08
01-15-2012, 11:13 PM
Because he's ready to go now and has elite tools.

Based on playing against a weak conference? Big 12 is nothing special anymore. You can thank Blackmon for turning ten yard throws into 70 yard touchdowns

phinfanNY08
01-15-2012, 11:14 PM
Also, give me a big 12 qb in the last 10 years to do anything in pro football?

MiZFiT
01-15-2012, 11:21 PM
Some people have said that he is top 10 talent that will be taken in the second round.

:idk:
Does not make sense to me.

Valandui
01-15-2012, 11:25 PM
Based on playing against a weak conference? Big 12 is nothing special anymore. You can thank Blackmon for turning ten yard throws into 70 yard touchdowns
Then why does everyone want to trade up to the #2 pick for RG3?

houtz
01-15-2012, 11:26 PM
Perhaps rather then asking people to stop talking about Weeden you should start watching film and develop a better understanding for the game of football. Ignorant people can bring up Weeden's age and say he's not worth being drafted. Those that understand football without any hesitation understand that he has an elite arm and if he were 23 years old can guarantee you he is the #2 QB if not neck and neck with Andrew Luck.

Less ****ty posts and more film watching for you sir.

dolpns13
01-15-2012, 11:30 PM
Dont we all want a franchise QB? Regardless of how good Weeden is, his NFL life span will be no longer than 6 years and that is if he is even a very productive QB. A franchise QB is someone we need around for a decade.

miamiron
01-15-2012, 11:30 PM
Can we please stop the weeden talk on heres

You might want to stop starting threads about Weeden

phinzfan21
01-15-2012, 11:38 PM
Stop talking in a forum?

Elliott 1
01-15-2012, 11:56 PM
I have seen many posts regarding Brandon weeden. Fellas, he is going to be a 29 year old rookie, stop it. That's getting past half the quarterbacks prime of their career. Why would you want three or four years of "potential" over someone (rg3, keenan, Wilson) as something to build on. We have Matt Moore right now, weeden will be a waste, please stop asking this team to draft him. we have enough issues already, we don't need draft day debacles to keep us going backwards

Weeden will be the Miami Dolphin Starting QB for several years to come, and there is nothing you can do to stop it from happening. It has been predestined.

phinfanNY08
01-16-2012, 12:26 AM
Perhaps rather then asking people to stop talking about Weeden you should start watching film and develop a better understanding for the game of football. Ignorant people can bring up Weeden's age and say he's not worth being drafted. Those that understand football without any hesitation understand that he has an elite arm and if he were 23 years old can guarantee you he is the #2 QB if not neck and neck with Andrew Luck.

Because you are a god of understanding the game of football? Unfortunately my job and a life will not allow me to watch game film to study a player. I'll make sure Ross gives you an interview all mighty knowledge of football quarterbacks

phinfanNY08
01-16-2012, 12:28 AM
Then why does everyone want to trade up to the #2 pick for RG3?

A lot younger and more upside Han a 29 year old player. Nfl is transitioning into a league where quarterbacks can't have cement feet in the pocket, minus a few exceptions of course

tay0365
01-16-2012, 12:36 AM
i think he is overrated. i dont get the love he gets

At the very least, without having to go with long Explanations, that could b regarded as opinion, did you at least see what he did in Fiesta Bowl? Both QB were very good in that game, one we will have no chance to get unless the Colts except everything including the kitchen sink from us, the other is true will be the oldest Rookie ever (Not much older then Roger Staubach when he started his 1st game by the way), but other then Luck he will be one of the most game ready, and talented rookies to start in 2012.

Consider this, let's just say for arguments sake, he only has 5-6 more good years in him, if he was able to take the team that took him to a couple of SB, you don't think it was worth it?

Valandui
01-16-2012, 12:37 AM
A lot younger and more upside Han a 29 year old player. Nfl is transitioning into a league where quarterbacks can't have cement feet in the pocket, minus a few exceptions of course
You're also just as likely to only get about five or six years out of RG3, whether it be due to injury or him pulling a Ricky Williams and deciding that there's more that he still wants to accomplish in life and retiring. Add that to the fact that he's a two or three year project and you would give up a lot more to get him and I would gladly take the 29 year old rookie who's ready to go now.

daniel3
01-16-2012, 12:53 AM
You're also just as likely to only get about five or six years out of RG3, whether it be due to injury or him pulling a Ricky Williams and deciding that there's more that he still wants to accomplish in life and retiring. Add that to the fact that he's a two or three year project and you would give up a lot more to get him and I would gladly take the 29 year old rookie who's ready to go now.

Weeden is a 2 year starter who spent half a decade away from football before he went back to college. I really am not sure why some believe he is going to be ready to go. He doesn't even play in a pro-style offense and has probably taken even less snaps from under center than RG3.

Tunaphish429
01-16-2012, 01:03 AM
To me weeden is nothing special he is a spread qb who has some decent weapons around him. He wont last in the nfl unless he can go to a team like the bills who wanna run spread most of their sets. He is not a fit here imo. He has a good arm but most spread qbs do. They wow scouts and viewers with their arm and accuracy but when its time to get under center and read a defense in base sets they fail.

MiZFiT
01-16-2012, 01:06 AM
Rather have Moore and use the draft picks for other pressing needs (TE, S, OLB, CB, G, RT)

KingDolphin57
01-16-2012, 01:32 AM
IMO I don't think Weeden is the answer for us at Qb. I mean honestly do you guys really think weeden is better than Rg3? I don't .

Vaark
01-16-2012, 01:38 AM
I'm also in the Weeden camp especially because I believe he's a top tier talent we can secure at a bargain price pick relatively speaking. I still am upset over not swooping in in the 2nd or early 3rd to get a top 10 talent in Mallet. Having Dan fall to us based on drug abuse rumors, we ****ing should have known better!

dlockz
01-16-2012, 01:51 AM
Still confused how you trade up for thomas over mallet. I also agree later in the draft Weeden might be a nice risk just not in early rounds

Valandui
01-16-2012, 02:34 AM
IMO I don't think Weeden is the answer for us at Qb. I mean honestly do you guys really think weeden is better than Rg3? I don't .
Yes.

MiZFiT
01-16-2012, 02:53 AM
2nd round quarterback is top tier?

:lol2:

Mogwai
01-16-2012, 02:53 AM
I think the surge towards Weeden on these forums is mostly a testament to the clout and respect CK's opinions have earned around here.

ckparrothead
01-16-2012, 03:03 AM
Interesting method of getting people to stop talking about Brandon Weeden. Not very effective.

KingDolphin57
01-16-2012, 03:10 AM
Yes.So If you had to choose between the two RG3 or Weeden it's Weeden? Interesting.

state06
01-16-2012, 04:22 AM
Weeden will be the Miami Dolphin Starting QB for several years to come, and there is nothing you can do to stop it from happening. It has been predestined.

Quinn was more of a sure thing in MIA than Weeden. Because of his skills and age, he could go ANYWHERE in this draft.

Valandui
01-16-2012, 05:15 AM
So If you had to choose between the two RG3 or Weeden it's Weeden? Interesting.
Yes, for the reasons I laid out earlier in this thread.

Elliott 1
01-16-2012, 09:54 AM
Quinn was more of a sure thing in MIA than Weeden. Because of his skills and age, he could go ANYWHERE in this draft.

I was also the guy who told everyone over and over again that Brady Quinn was a paper tiger,and I was also the one who predicted that he would be going home to Ohio, and he was indeed originally drafted by the Browns.

However, you are of course, right. Most of the NFL decision makers are clueless, and we see the overwhelming evidence of that every draft. Most of those idiots would be better off picking names out of hat.

Weeden should go in the 1st round, but he won't. I just hope he doesn't go in the 2nd round before we pick. I'm counting on the FO morons of the NFL to continue to be blind.

dolpns13
01-16-2012, 10:19 AM
No offense, but I ALWAYS find it hilarious when people on a message board call out others people knowledge of football. I bring up Weeden's age, and I have been watching football for 30 years. A. For me, a QB that will only be able to play for 6, maybe 7 years at the most (and that is even if he is highly productive) is not worth spending a 2nd round pick on, and B. I am not ignorant on the game of football. Actually, I understand it fully.

finsfanjay13
01-16-2012, 11:15 AM
No offense, but I ALWAYS find it hilarious when people on a message board call out others people knowledge of football. I bring up Weeden's age, and I have been watching football for 30 years. A. For me, a QB that will only be able to play for 6, maybe 7 years at the most (and that is even if he is highly productive) is not worth spending a 2nd round pick on, and B. I am not ignorant on the game of football. Actually, I understand it fully.

If that guy can take me to the playoffs for 6, maybe 7 years, then he is every bit worthy of a second round pick. That's what needs to be figured out: can he?

natetherock
01-16-2012, 11:38 AM

How many second round picks bust out of the NFL within 6-7 years? Was Henne worth a second rounder? Pat White certainly didn't make it to year 7.

My point is you can't disregard a prospect based solely on age. The way I look at the Weeden situation is we may be able to get a 1st round QB talent in the 2nd maybe even 3rd simply because he drops due to age.

LouPhinFan
01-16-2012, 02:36 PM
All I know is I'm not willing to dismiss any QB that has the arm and maturity of Weeden. Yes the age is a concern, but to when I watch him play I see more Kurt Warner than Chris Weinke. I'd spend a 2nd round draft pick on that and with that arm, I wonder if he can't play until he's 40. That's around 10 years for him.

Before we go dismissing him, let's wait to see how he does in the college allstar game (I believe he's going to be at the Senior Bowl?), combine, and pro-day before we go chucking him on the discard pile. Let's see how he does taking snaps from under center and running a pro-style attack.

finomenal
01-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Dont we all want a franchise QB? Regardless of how good Weeden is, his NFL life span will be no longer than 6 years and that is if he is even a very productive QB. A franchise QB is someone we need around for a decade.
That's life. You can't always get exactly what you want, so get an elite QB whenever/however you can.

finomenal
01-16-2012, 04:07 PM
To me weeden is nothing special he is a spread qb who has some decent weapons around him. He wont last in the nfl unless he can go to a team like the bills who wanna run spread most of their sets. He is not a fit here imo. He has a good arm but most spread qbs do. They wow scouts and viewers with their arm and accuracy but when its time to get under center and read a defense in base sets they fail.
Whoever drafts him realizes he comes from a spread offense. Whoever drafts him might very well use the spread offense. More and more NFL teams are using the spread.

Phinatic8u
01-16-2012, 04:07 PM
RG3's potential blows Weeden's out the ****ing water.

finomenal
01-16-2012, 04:15 PM
RG3's potential blows Weeden's out the ****ing water.
Based on what exactly? I'm only asking because I don't watch much college football. I've started watching some Brandon Weeden film, but haven't seen much of RGIII.

caneaddict
01-16-2012, 09:48 PM
Personally my ideal draft would involve taking Kendall Wright in the 1st and Weeden in the 2nd. Then let Weeden and Moore battle in camp, with the winner getting to throw to Marshall, Wright, Bess, Bush, Clay. Use half the money saved from not signing Flynn to get a top FA O-linemen.

dolpns13
01-16-2012, 11:19 PM
If that guy can take me to the playoffs for 6, maybe 7 years, then he is every bit worthy of a second round pick. That's what needs to be figured out: can he?

I completely understand the rookie QB in todays NFL and his capabilities, but odds are the rookie wont be able to get us there for at least a year. Best case scenario, and probably the most unlikely, is that Weeden will get us to there every year for the duration of his NFL career which I think we can all agree will absolutely be no longer than 7 years.. A modest scenario is we make it in year 2 of his career, and util his career ends 5 years later, he will have gotten us there say, 3 times. Is that worth a second rounder and passing up someone who may be able to hold down a position for 10 years, or trade and get good value for before his career is over? Although I do feel like I am discriminating against Weeden because of his age, of which I feel guilty for.

dolpns13
01-16-2012, 11:20 PM
How many second round picks bust out of the NFL within 6-7 years? Was Henne worth a second rounder? Pat White certainly didn't make it to year 7.

My point is you can't disregard a prospect based solely on age. The way I look at the Weeden situation is we may be able to get a 1st round QB talent in the 2nd maybe even 3rd simply because he drops due to age.

Good point

dolpns13
01-16-2012, 11:21 PM
Whoever drafts him realizes he comes from a spread offense. Whoever drafts him might very well use the spread offense. More and more NFL teams are using the spread.

John Beck came from a spread offense.. Just sayin