PDA

View Full Version : New mock draft by nfl.com

phin_23
01-17-2012, 02:43 PM
Mock draft by Steve wyche has us picking offensive guard Decastro Take a look!!

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/mock-drafts/steve-wyche/65034

LANGER72
01-17-2012, 02:47 PM

I want to throw up...

Pitbull13
01-17-2012, 02:50 PM
Would rather draft a pass rusher. Key to beating NE.

WestSideFin
01-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Almost every mock draft has us taking a OL..... Not very exciting........ But we shall see........

Blustar
01-17-2012, 02:58 PM
This guy is obviously trolling the Dolphin fans, we will not draft an offensive lineman i nthe first round, no effing way.

Miamifinz
01-17-2012, 03:00 PM
I understand it. People pretty much know we're expected to make a push for the #2 pick to possibly get RG3, but if we stay where we're at, I can't help but think we will take an OL.

Blustar
01-17-2012, 03:05 PM
The public outcry would be epic, even if the smart move is to get an offensive lineman, I just don't think the franchise can get away with drafting another lineman in such an early round. These "safe" picks are whats dooming us to mediocrity year after year, or at least that's how it's perceived. I think if we can't get a QB we will try and get an impact reciever.

DzakkH13
01-17-2012, 03:06 PM
The thing that sucks is when our pick comes up at either 8 or 9, it will be an OT or OG that is BPA. Just our luck.

Blustar
01-17-2012, 03:09 PM
The thing that sucks is when our pick comes up at either 8 or 9, it will be an OT or OG that is BPA. Just our luck.

Then we need to trade up, no sense in just always accepting the inevitable. The Dolphins need to be aggresive and proactive this draft and not just accept what falls to them. They need to wheel and deal. Time to make some sacrifices.

Hayden Fox
01-17-2012, 03:17 PM
They are trading up for RGIII.

IF they are turned down or whatever...pass rusher. IF we stay 3-4, Courtney Upshaw interests me. IF Alshon Jeffery can run fast enough, I like him in the Red Zone. Kendall Wright might be a stretch at 9, but he is explosive.

Calgaryfin
01-17-2012, 03:20 PM
We NEED a running back. Thomas is like a china doll and we need someone who can carry inside and out. Trent Richardson!

PerfectFinz72
01-17-2012, 03:20 PM
I'm gonna lose it if they draft another olineman

islandah
01-17-2012, 03:25 PM
Don't be surprised to see us trade down and get a few more picks, if we can't reasonably trade up for RGIII. If BPA is OL, they should run from that pick in either directon!!

PhinzN703
01-17-2012, 03:28 PM
We NEED a running back. Thomas is like a china doll and we need someone who can carry inside and out. Trent Richardson!

With the No. 8 or 9 pick you'd draft another running back?

finomenal
01-17-2012, 03:28 PM
If we signed Peyton Manning I'd be ecstatic with this pick.

J. David Wannyheimer
01-17-2012, 03:31 PM

Yeah because look at what having an elite RB has done for Minnesota.

rainmaker1313
01-17-2012, 03:40 PM

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/10/MichaelWhattheoffice10400786400226-1.gif

sm0kinfins
01-17-2012, 03:40 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

chrispepper
01-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Don't see the point in mock drafts at this stage considering we have no idea what is going to happen with peyton + I find it extremely unlikely we dont try and trade up.

Zounds
01-17-2012, 04:31 PM

Im ok with that, considerening the other over-hyped players that will be available at pick 9. I'd prefer to trade back to about pick 20 if possible.

MarinoEqualsGod
01-17-2012, 04:32 PM

IF they are turned down or whatever...pass rusher. IF we stay 3-4, Courtney Upshaw interests me. IF Alshon Jeffery can run fast enough, I like him in the Red Zone. Kendall Wright might be a stretch at 9, but he is explosive.

If it's a pass rusher you want, I've got two words for you: Whitney Mercilus

indianaphinfan
this is great

SebasMiamiFan

That's what I see. Either they are trading up for Griffin or getting a pass rusher.

LouPhinFan
01-17-2012, 04:39 PM
Ideally if we're drafting DeCastro its because we traded back a few spots out of the top 10 and picked up an extra pick or 2. But there are definitely worse picks that could be made at number 8/9 than DeCastro. That kid is the best guard prospect to come along in a very, very long time.

He's the only offensive linemen I would be fine with drafting in the first round.

Cleetus
01-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Failing to get rg3 we need to take the best available player. We have too many holes to think we can focus on one position or another when a far better player is sitting at 8/9.

TruePoizon
01-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Why is taking an OL a bad thing? Look at every team left in the playoffs; each one has a top notch OL. Our OL killed us this year; Marc Colombo couldnt block a turtle, and only Long and Pouncey impressed. Well, Incognito was decent.

DeCastro has "Steve Hutchinson" written all over him. Imagine drafting him to play OG, and we get a FA to fill RT, or draft an RT in the 2nd round. Matt Moore won't be getting sacked.

Im actually impressed with our run defense. Our pass defense needs some work, but i really think we need to fix this OL. I'd be happy with DeCastro, Martin or Reiff as our 1st pick.

utahphinsfan
01-17-2012, 05:08 PM
If Kirkpatrick or Claiborne is on the board at 8 or 9 then Miami's pick is easy IMO. Though, Upshaw intrigues me greatly.

When Miami goes OL in the draft, I hope its Zeitler from Wisconsin in the 3rd.

Should the phins get Fleener in the 2nd & Zeitler in the 3rd I'd be thrilled.

Phins28
01-17-2012, 05:11 PM
Why is taking an OL a bad thing? Look at every team left in the playoffs; each one has a top notch OL. Our OL killed us this year; Marc Colombo couldnt block a turtle, and only Long and Pouncey impressed. Well, Incognito was decent.

DeCastro has "Steve Hutchinson" written all over him. Imagine drafting him to play OG, and we get a FA to fill RT, or draft an RT in the 2nd round. Matt Moore won't be getting sacked.

Im actually impressed with our run defense. Our pass defense needs some work, but i really think we need to fix this OL. I'd be happy with DeCastro, Martin or Reiff as our 1st pick.

You can fix the OL through free agency and low draft picks we need speed on offense, playmakers, another WR ,TE or a passrusher and ball hawk safety.

TruePoizon
01-17-2012, 05:14 PM
1. If we are not trading up the board for Andrew Luck, there's no need to trade up. Robert Griffin is good, but mobile QBs dont last long in the NFL. Mike Vick is great but look how he has done.
2. Marc Colombo cant block anyone and needs to be replaced.
3. You dont pick a runningback in the 1st round. An RB is only as good as his OL blocks for him. Im happy with Bush and Thomas.
4. Im also not fond of drafting a receiver in round 1. Their job is to catch passes; if they cant catch...go home.
5. We have more issues on offense I think. Our cornerbacks are fine, its our safeties that need a fix...and I'd rather an OL in the 1st, than a Safety.

finsfanjay13
01-17-2012, 05:15 PM
Ross and Co. know that if they draft another first round OL, sh*t will hit the fan. Furthermore, jersey sells would suck (nobody wants an OL jersey). I don't think they do it again (read: hope).

FinsBR
01-17-2012, 05:16 PM
Just another mocking mock draft...

Cleetus
01-17-2012, 05:20 PM
1. If we are not trading up the board for Andrew Luck, there's no need to trade up. Robert Griffin is good, but mobile QBs dont last long in the NFL. Mike Vick is great but look how he has done. 2. Marc Colombo cant block anyone and needs to be replaced. 3. You dont pick a runningback in the 1st round. An RB is only as good as his OL blocks for him. Im happy with Bush and Thomas. 4. Im also not fond of drafting a receiver in round 1. Their job is to catch passes; if they cant catch...go home. 5. We have more issues on offense I think. Our cornerbacks are fine, its our safeties that need a fix...and I'd rather an OL in the 1st, than a Safety. I am for taking the best player on the board we have too many needs not to do this. If it is an offensive lineman i am happy with it. There are a few positions we might not do it with though. Rb I like bush but Thomas has done nothing but get injured and Bush is great but I would not want to solely rely on him for a few seasons in a row. Qb if we trade up for rg3 fine but that is all here in the 1st Game breaking reciever i would do it I think we could use a better cb as well as safety. Davis is very good if he plays ( not hurt or benched) Smith I am not sold at all on and would draft a replacement if there and rated as great value. Remember we may end up trading down if we don't trade up. There are ACORNS to be had you see!

FINFAN15
01-17-2012, 05:35 PM
Dont we have a draft forum for this.The Finheaven police must be on Coffee break

Dolphin Dave
01-17-2012, 06:34 PM
Ideally if we're drafting DeCastro its because we traded back a few spots out of the top 10 and picked up an extra pick or 2. But there are definitely worse picks that could be made at number 8/9 than DeCastro. That kid is the best guard prospect to come along in a very, very long time.

He's the only offensive linemen I would be fine with drafting in the first round.

+1
Trade back 4-5 spots & pick up another pick or two. I would be thrilled with DeCastro. Ready to play right away at a probowl level. I know people wouldnt think it was sexy but they probably havent seen him play. He is the real deal.

JERSEYFINFAN23
01-17-2012, 07:00 PM
LOL -- LG in a top 10 - after having #1 overall in Long, #15 in Pouncey and Carey in the Top 20 in 2004.
Hope that he is as good as Ben Grubbs an can play ASAP --
Wonder is another 2nd round QB is the answer to Miami's qb mystery-- instead of drafting another QB in round 2 save the pick and draft a TE of WR or Safety and resign Henne -

ganew57
01-17-2012, 07:09 PM
They could trade back and still get that guy!!