PDA

View Full Version : Draft Countdown mock draft 1/20/12

jim1
01-20-2012, 08:00 AM
In a perfect world the Dolphins would use this choice on a young quarterback to build around, but there just arenít enough top signal callers to go around so Miami is forced to look elsewhere. Despite investing major resources on the offensive line over the years the Phins still have some issues up front, most notably on the right side where both Vernon Carey and Marc Colombo are free agents. Iowaís Riley Reiff is the next in a recent string of outstanding offensive line prospects produced by the Hawkeye program.

A versatile player with experience at left and right tackle as well as guard, Reiff is a well-rounded blocker who is effective in both the pass and run games. Reiff isnít the elite prospect that Robert Gallery was coming out of college but he could ultimately carry a grade very similar to that of Bryan Bulaga. Miami might consider a pass rushing outside linebacker such as Alabamaís Courtney Upshaw as well. The Dolphins could also explore trading up for Baylorís Robert Griffin III but the cost of moving all the way up into the Top 3 overall will probably be too prohibitive.

note: if the Redskins get Blackmon and then Weeden in the 2nd rd, I will vomit.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

Ricky4Life
01-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Yay, more O-Lineman. Would not mind an O-Lineman if we traded back if no one we wanted was there but not at 9.

MadDog 88
01-20-2012, 03:42 PM
If they don't trade up or down I would hope for Upshaw.

RonnieB23
01-20-2012, 04:48 PM
" Reiff isn’t the elite prospect that Robert Gallery was coming out of college " .... Ouch , make my want him even less now...

If we were to take an O-lineman, and i'm not pulling for that, at least go for Decastro. I was thinkin about that and since pulling seems to be Decastro strong suit, as it his for Pouncey, with a Fast rb with good hands like Bush, I think we could be a pretty lethal screen based attack, a la GB couple a years back.

Just thinking out loud here...

still, give the farm for RGIII

Valandui
01-20-2012, 05:55 PM
I'll say it again. If we take any OL not named DeCastro in the top ten, drunk Valandui will be hurting people.