*Trent Richardson
RB
Alabama

j-off-her-doll
01-20-2012, 10:07 AM
If he's there, yay!

Aqua and Orange
01-20-2012, 02:58 PM
No way we draft a RB with that pick. The Dolphins always target positions of need with their top pick under this regime, and our RB position they consider "fixed" for now.

Think they are either going to trade back or draft a lineman. It's the Dolphin way.

Ricky4Life
01-20-2012, 03:10 PM
I would love to have Richardson on this team, but I dont see it happening with us having Bush and them drafting Thomas last year.

DKphin
01-20-2012, 05:34 PM
No way we draft a RB with that pick. The Dolphins always target positions of need with their top pick under this regime, and our RB position they consider "fixed" for now.

Think they are either going to trade back or draft a lineman. It's the Dolphin way. What you say is true, but Richardson is the best thing to come out of Escambia High since Emmitt Smith. I might be going out on a limb, but I can see him as the same talent Adrian Peterson, but he knows how to hold onto the ball and will not get injured as much. If he is there at #9, run do not walk to the podium.

#1dolphinsfan
01-20-2012, 06:51 PM
Trade up for RG3

sinPHIN
01-20-2012, 07:22 PM
not gonna happen

Valandui
01-20-2012, 07:58 PM
Trade up for RG3
**** that. Upshaw or Tannehill without having to move.

MiamiDolphin618
01-20-2012, 08:04 PM
**** that. Upshaw or Tannehill without having to move.
Im not all about Tannehill that early. But Im a huge Upshaw fan...especially since it looks like we will be sticking with a 3-4. Trent Richardson has elite talent...and it is tough to pass that up regardless of need. However, I think Upshaw is an elite talent as well (Im high on him). And Ill take Upshaw over Richardson given our situation. Id like to know how Slimm would rather have between the two because he has seen all their snaps.

Valandui
01-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Im not all about Tannehill that early. But Im a huge Upshaw fan...especially since it looks like we will be sticking with a 3-4. Trent Richardson has elite talent...and it is tough to pass that up regardless of need. However, I think Upshaw is an elite talent as well (Im high on him). And Ill take Upshaw over Richardson given our situation. Id like to know how Slimm would rather have between the two because he has seen all their snaps.
If what CK has said in the past about Shannahan being obsessed with him is true, we may have to trade up if we want Tannehill. We'll likely end up with Matt Flynn, though.

jim1
01-20-2012, 09:18 PM
If what CK has said in the past about Shannahan being obsessed with him is true, we may have to trade up if we want Tannehill. We'll likely end up with Matt Flynn, though.

I'd be thrilled if Shanahan took Tannehill in the 1st rd or 2nd rd for that matter, Washington is my biggest concern as per Weeden.

ronnieb_23
01-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Get Nicks and Flynn in FA then draft Richardson in round one and hopefully Fleener in round 2. I think Jerry can move to RT and be a solid player.

MarshallFin1
01-20-2012, 09:53 PM
i know we drafted thomas and all but if we have a chance to get a combo of bush/richardson i think we pull the trigger, a combo like that can be deadly in the running game. We can always trade thomas if need be.

ronnieb_23
01-20-2012, 10:00 PM
i know we drafted thomas and all but if we have a chance to get a combo of bush/richardson i think we pull the trigger, a combo like that can be deadly in the running game. We can always trade thomas if need be.

Exactly!

SR 7
01-20-2012, 10:01 PM
I firmly belive we will draft A) RG3 trade up or B) Draft Upshaw

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Exactly!

besides that, you can expect Bush to line up at WR with this west coast offense and use Richardson as the Back.

ronnieb_23
01-20-2012, 10:16 PM
Upshaw would be a huge pick for us and I wouldn't second guess it for a second but with how our offense has been the last decade I would like to see them get some players for Philbins system and make our O exciting. I really hope we get Flynn and Nicks in FA since Flynn already knows the system and Nicks would finish our line if we slide Jerry out to RT and move Incognito over to RG. Then we draft Richardson and have him in on the downs where Bush is lined up as a receiver, like sr7 said, the defenses won't be able to stop them. Then hopefully adding fleener in the second round will give us a dual TE threat when Fasano and Fleener are on the field at the same time. I think I am getting my hopes up too high for this FO though.