PDA

View Full Version : Sign either Manning or Flynn....Trade UP for Blackmon

SimplytheBess
01-23-2012, 12:05 PM
I think this situation would be awesome for us......

umpalu
01-23-2012, 12:16 PM
I was actually about to post this. Would love to see it. Depending on how FA goes, get either a TE or O lineman in the second and things are looking pretty bright for us offensive wise.

ChrisHanson
01-23-2012, 02:19 PM
I love Blackmon and Manning (of course), but I'm not sold on Flynn. Now, if he does land here I'll give him a chance and hope he's the guy...but all the Flynn love confuses me.

beanh8er
01-23-2012, 02:25 PM
I'd rather trade down with the Bears and get a guy like Kendall Wright.

state06
01-23-2012, 03:07 PM
trade down and aquire another pick. One of the other top WR will still be available. Wright would be the perfect compliment to Marshall, Bess, Hartline.

SCOTTY
01-23-2012, 04:08 PM
You would have to trade up higher for Blackmon than you would for RGiii. He is going either 3 or 4. Cost is way to much.

ticophin
01-23-2012, 05:20 PM
If we trade back, we definately need to adress positions we donīt have covered. We DONīT have a pass rusher opp. CamWake, and we DONīT have a RT (having Colombo is like havong no one). After we adress those two, we can upgrade...

Valandui
01-23-2012, 06:50 PM
If we trade back, we definately need to adress positions we donīt have covered. We DONīT have a pass rusher opp. CamWake, and we DONīT have a RT (having Colombo is like havong no one). After we adress those two, we can upgrade...
Both Garner and Jerry could be quality starters at RT.

greasyObnoxious
01-23-2012, 06:52 PM
Both Garner and Jerry could be quality starters at RT.

i agree. hopefully, Philbin realizes that. we shouldn't have had to to go through that much misery along the OL last year.

Roman529
01-23-2012, 08:44 PM
I'd also rather trade down for Wright, then trade up for Blackmon. Wright is the real deal at WR even though he is not as big as Blackmon. Wright and a great TE, or pass rusher would be fantastic (if we trade down for an extra pick)....then we go with the BPA in round two.

insom187
01-24-2012, 01:37 AM
Justin Blackmon puts the rest of this WR class to shame and in my opinion its not even close. That being said theres no way he falls past #3 in the draft and thats too rich for my blood in a trade. I dont know enough about Wright but I am all for an impact WR and I wouldnt be against that pick either. Either way we need an immediate playmaker on one side of the ball or the other.

Valandui
01-24-2012, 01:57 AM
I'd also rather trade down for Wright, then trade up for Blackmon. Wright is the real deal at WR even though he is not as big as Blackmon. Wright and a great TE, or pass rusher would be fantastic (if we trade down for an extra pick)....then we go with the BPA in round two.
Completely agree. Wright was more responsible for Griffin than the other way around.

finfan54
01-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Philbin has Marshall, Bess, Hartline, and Gates (who Philbin will get in the mix running precise routes).

I dont see us drafting WR until later rounds. Sorry, I see this stuff every year. WR is not needed.

Ireland will be looking for a stud TE.

finfan54
01-24-2012, 10:53 PM
besides, here is your cheepy studboy from small school
http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/WR/Brian-Quick.php

tapsmiled
01-25-2012, 12:46 AM
Once the combine hits, any illusions that Blackmon is available anywhere past 3 will be gone. I think when placed side-by-side with the rest of the receivers, Blackmon is gonna destroy them. Teams know the impact of Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, and Andre Johnson. A guy like Blackmon, who has great physical skills and no off-field baggage, is going to be prime commodity and much too rich for my tastes. I love the player; I hate the price.