PDA

View Full Version : Kendal Wright?

Finfan4lyfe91
01-23-2012, 08:12 PM
What would you guys think if we traded down a few spots ( lets say to the 15-19 range) and took Kendal Wright? Then we traded up in the second to get Coby Fleener? I think Fleener is the best TE in the draft and I think the combine is going to show that. But that's just my personal opinion. Andin the third round we take the best available pass rusher.

This is of course as long as Blackmon and Clairborne are gone which they should be.

Thoughts?

Finfan4lyfe91
01-23-2012, 08:13 PM
I didn't see the other thread where this was already discussed. Sorry

Roman529
01-23-2012, 08:39 PM
I didn't see the other thread where this was already discussed. Sorry

Wright and Fleener would be two excellent choices. I think only Blackmon, Floyd, and Jeffrey will go before Wright at WR. Fleener is probably the 2nd best Tight End after Dwayne Allen of Clemson.

Finfan4lyfe91
01-23-2012, 08:51 PM
I just think Fleener will run a lot better than Allen at the combine land is going to have a great combine and boost his stock. With all the talk about certain teams having Wright as their #1 WR on their boards I can see him going as the second. I think Jeffrey has the best hands but his 40 time is going to make or break him and I think Floyd's troubled past will hurt him like it did Dez. I could be wrong but if we ended up with Wright and Fleener I would be a very very happy man!

SF Dolphin Fan
01-24-2012, 12:12 AM
That would be an excellent duo and it's not far-fetched either. Wright is an incredible talent and is always beating his man deep and making big plays on those quick outs that Baylor uses so often. Love him as a prospect. Fleener would add a redzone threat that this team so desperately needs. He is one of my favorite players in the entire draft class.

Austin Tatious
01-24-2012, 12:30 AM
Wright does remind me of a Green Bay style receiver. I would like to see him in Miami, but I just wonder if we have more pressing needs.

mfish41
01-24-2012, 12:32 AM
that would be excellent, but i dont think jeff ireland is going to call it quits on charles clay. All Kendall Wright did this past season was make plays; i would prefer they trade down and take him, but if they took him at 8-9 i wouldn't throw a fit.

caneaddict
01-24-2012, 01:33 AM
been bangin the kendall wright drum for a while now. He is my #1 target for our first round pick regardless of if we stay at #8/9 or trade down. He's just a playmaker.

Roman529
01-24-2012, 01:53 AM
I love how Kendall Wright runs after making the catch....he has great speed and moves and knows how to get to the end zone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI2waXrONR8

Finfan4lyfe91
01-25-2012, 12:35 AM
that would be excellent, but i dont think jeff ireland is going to call it quits on charles clay. All Kendall Wright did this past season was make plays; i would prefer they trade down and take him, but if they took him at 8-9 i wouldn't throw a fit.

I'm not saying give up on Clay. I think he had a good second half of the season ( although he did drop a few easy catches) I'm just saying we need a seam busting TE and IMHO I think Fleener is exactly what we need in a TE. Big guy, I think he's 6' 6, great hands and I think will run a great 40. I think if we pair him with Wright in the first and second round, Philbin will be have one hell of an offense. Marshall and bess running the short to intermediate routes. Wright being able to take the top off a defense and also take an 8 yard slant to the house. Fleener playing a similar role to Grownkowski. Bush out of the backfield!! That is a very very good start to turning a boring offense into an explosive offense!!