James Sanders,FS(1-yr. deal)

Dolphins FA/Cut:

Carey(cut)
Merling
Langford
Bell(cut)
Hilliard(cut)
Fasano(cut)

1.)Courtney Upshaw,WOLB out of Alabama(6'3",266)
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif
[W/ the QB situation settled, adding a secondary pass rusher is among the greatest needs this team has. Right Tackle, and frankly both Guard positions are in the air but one mountain at a time. Upshaw is one of the best pass rushers and more importantly consistent players the draft has to offer. Posted 17.5 TFL this past season, adding 9.5 sacks.]

2.)Coby Fleener,TE out of Stanford(6'6",245)
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/01/cobyfleener-1.jpg
[Reminds me a lot of current Dallas Cowboys TE Jason Witten. Tall, strong, and freakishly athletic. Fleener comes from a good background school for TE's and FB's. SHould be able to step in and have an imediate impact at the next level. One thing is that he is a little on the thin side, and would like to see him bulk up.]

3.)Bobbie Massie,RT out of Mississippi(6'6",332)
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/01/bildeSiteD0Date20120107CategorySPORTS030-1.jpg
[One of the best RT's the draft has available. Massie is massive, and moves pretty well for his size. Technique with his hand usage needs work, as its gotten him in some trouble at Ole' Miss. Nonetheless, baring any setbacks he should project well as a starter out the gate.]

4.)traded to NO]

5.)DeAngelo Peterson,TE out of LSU(6'4",242)
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/01/DeangeloPetersonLSUvMississippildA_kYXQQ-1.jpg
[In a West Coast offense, you need as many TE's as you can grab. Fleener working the middle, while Peterson runs the seems. Our WR's would need to be revamped, but a pair of good, young athletic TE's will overcome our lack of appropriate personel to run this scheme for a year or two.]

6.)Chandler Harnish,QB out of Northern Illinois(6'2",216)
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/01/ChandlerHarnish-1.jpg
[Reminds me of a young Tyler Thigpen. Great athlete, can move around in and out the pocket. Good presence and stands strong. 2 things. Didnt play against top-tier competition, and doesn't possess a strong arm. However, his arm strength shows well enough to accomplish some NFL throws.]

6b.)Kyle Wilber,WOLB out of Wake Forest(6'4",243)
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/01/WakeForest9-1.jpg
[Reminds me of former San Diego Charger Antwann Applewhite. A guy that comes in on the nickle, and can play in coverage or rush the QB. Really good depth player here, who could make a name for himself early on with good ST's play.]

7.)Don Barclay,LG out of West Virginia(6'4",310)
[Athletic lineman who fits the scheme to be. I saw him play like twice. Definitely NFL material, but whats his potential?]

UDFA:

Bert Reed,WR out of Florida State(5'10",183)
Hebrun Fangupo,NT out of B.Y.U(6'1",331)
Justin Francis,DE out of Rutgers(6'4",277)

QB-Flynn,Moore,Harnish
RB-Bush,Thomas,Slaton
FB-Clay
WR1-Marshall,Bess,Gates
WR2-Garcon,Hartline,Reed
TE-Fleener,Peterson,Davis
LT-Long
LG-Cog,Berclay
C-Pouncey
RG-Jerry,Garner
RT-Massie,Murtha

DE-Starks,McDaniel
NT-Soliai,Fangupo
DE-Odrick,Golston,Francis
WOLB-Upshaw,Wilber
ILB-Burnett,Mitchell
MILB-Dansby,Spitler
SOLB-Wake,Johnson
CB1-Davis,Wilson,Bush
CB2-Smith,Jennings,Carroll
FS-Sanders,Cluver
SS-Jones,Clemons

LS-Denney
K-Carpenter
P-Fields

DKphin
01-24-2012, 02:23 AM
Your draft is OK, but there is no way we sign that many free agents.

insom187
01-24-2012, 02:24 AM
I like the first two picks as I'm still learning about prospects for late later rounds lol. I just hope Fleener doesnt fly up the draft boards between now and April.

DKphin
01-24-2012, 02:33 AM
7.)Don Barclay,LG out of West Virginia(6'4",310)
[Athletic lineman who fits the scheme to be. I saw him play like twice. Definitely NFL material, but whats his potential?]

A thicker, squatty offensive tackle prospect with a barrel chest, thick trunk and a top heavy look as an athlete. He doesn't look real comfortable sitting into his stance in pass protection and he isn't a natural bender who allows himself to sit upright and will play straight-legged into contact. He tries to drop his base off the ball and play a little lower. To his credit he displays some balance/coordination on his kick slide, looks natural initially with his footwork and keeps his feet under him when reaching speed off the edge. He's a better athlete than given credit for with some range off the edge when trying to handle speed to the corner, but he lacks the shuffle and slide ability to mirror through space, as he looks tight hipped and gets upright when trying to slide his feet. He extends his arms well and can create a slight pop on contact. However, he isn't real heavy handed and lacks the fluidity to slide his feet through contact consistently.

From a three-point stance, he has a tendency to get upright off the football in the run game and I can't routinely see him moving linemen off the ball at the NFL level. He exhibits above average range when trying to get into the second level, and he can extend his arms well and create a snap in tight areas. However, he struggles to routinely break down in space and will end up on the ground whiffing at the air. He's at his best taking a quick first step and angling defensive ends away from the play. He understands angles, is quick to get his feet around off the snap and has some anchor ability. He'll drop his pad level well into contact, however, he'll again get caught lunging into contact and can even whiff off the edge when trying to seal

Impression: A top-heavy lineman who isn't the most natural of benders and struggles with balance, but can be effective in space at times and is worth a look.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_player_scouting_report.html&player=33624

jlfin
01-25-2012, 08:36 AM
Both G positions are not 'up in the air'. RT is obvious. Jerry and Incognito can handle the G positions. Incognito grades out well, but for some reason there are many posters on this site who continue to treat him as irrelevant.

jim1
01-25-2012, 09:14 AM
I could live with Upshaw as the first pick, but I'd still prefer offense. Fleener would be a great pick, but I'm really wary of the whole Matt Flynn overpaid as a result of one great game scenario. Serioulsy, is he any better than Matt Moore? I'm not so sure about that at all.

I do like Bobby Massie- maybe Jerry plays Guard, and I think that many are still sleeping on Lydon Murtha. As to cuts/FA- I'd be hesitant to part with Bell, Langford and Fasano. We definitely need a Fleener type TE, but Fasano is pretty darned good at what he does, meat and potatos TE who blocks very well and is a good receiving threat- what he needs is a compliment TE- his own Aaron Hernandez, so to speak. The secondary without bell seems dicey to me, and Langford, while no great pass rusher, is a solid DE, maybe plays some DT in a 3-4. I'd rather keep him, not sure how much money he'll demand in his new contract, though.

Valandui
01-25-2012, 09:46 AM
Garner is starter quality at every position besides LT and C. We really don't have to sign or draft anyone. Colombo being gone improves our line drastically.

jim1
01-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Garner is starter quality at every position besides LT and C. We really don't have to sign or draft anyone. Colombo being gone improves our line drastically.

I don't know. Garner is not the guy I'd want at RT, and he was adequate at best at G form what I saw. He strikes me as a competent backup.

greasyObnoxious
01-25-2012, 10:04 AM
I don't know. Garner is not the guy I'd want at RT, and he was adequate at best at G form what I saw. He strikes me as a competent backup.

yeah, ideally i'd say Garner is your 6th OLman on game days. but he's not a liability.

finsfanjay13
01-25-2012, 10:36 AM
A couple of things:

Isn't Carey going to be a free agent?
Wasn't it reported yesterday that the trade with New Orleans was only for 6th round swap?

ChrisHanson
01-25-2012, 11:02 AM
I thought it was our 6th round pick that we swapped with NO?

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

A couple of things:

Isn't Carey going to be a free agent?
Wasn't it reported yesterday that the trade with New Orleans was only for 6th round swap?

Sorry...you beat me to it.

MiamiDolphin618
01-25-2012, 12:31 PM
I like Upshaw a ton. But from what is being said it is looking like we are going to go 4-3. In that case Id be looking at Coples or maybe even a trade down and grab a different DE or Corner. Love the Fleener pick

hooshoops
01-25-2012, 12:57 PM
i'm doubting off what i saw from wilber in the shrine game he's getting to the 6th round...

MadDog 88
01-25-2012, 02:10 PM
The compensation to NO is a sixth and Carey is a free agent.

beanh8er
01-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Both G positions are not 'up in the air'. RT is obvious. Jerry and Incognito can handle the G positions. Incognito grades out well, but for some reason there are many posters on this site who continue to treat him as irrelevant.
People don't hate Incognito as a G. They hate him as a move player. He whiffs on so many blocks because he's not very athletic. If you stuck him at RG where all he had to do was block straight ahead, he has pro bowl talent.

luduporcu
01-25-2012, 11:17 PM

He's a little more than that jim. Renmember when both J BERGER and J GROVE went down in the 1st Quarter or so of the game? GARNER came in to play C on about 2 minutes' notice. Remember what happened? The 1st snap--botched. After that? PERFECT, both in executing his blocks and in calling out blocking assignments. GARNER has done well at both G positions, and don't forget that he MADE THE TEAM as CAREY's back-up RT. The only O-Line position that I felt he DIDN'T do well at was LT. But JERRY did well there, a very pleasant surprise. It looks like that proverbial "light" went on for our Mr. JERRY, like it did the year before vs DETROIT for MURTHA.

MIAMI may be better off in the O-Line than a lot of "experts" think. I feel that if MIAMI can get just ONE very solid LG in F/A, and get rid of COLUMBO, it will have a surprisingly good O-Line.

TheBow305
01-26-2012, 10:37 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but why did we trade that pick to NO?

Other than that, I approve of this mock.

SCOTTY
01-28-2012, 12:37 AM
People don't hate Incognito as a G. They hate him as a move player. He whiffs on so many blocks because he's not very athletic. If you stuck him at RG where all he had to do was block straight ahead, he has pro bowl talent.

I hate Incrapito because he sucks. I want nothing more for him than to be off this team. He is flat awful. He misses on way more blocks than he actually makes. He gets knocked on his azz far to often for someone who some people on this board call a road grater and if thats not enough he has stupid penalties and mistakes that completely kill drives. I have said it before, any line that has him as a starter is still in need of a new lineman!

phinfan1983
01-28-2012, 01:00 PM
Of all the FA signings and Mock Drafts I've seen, I like this one the best so far. It seems to address most our needs (at least by position), except for S.

I do think wil will sign Flynn. Most of the mocks have us picking a RT in the first round; we can get a good one in the 2nd or third. I'm not sure I'd draft a QB with the signing of Flynn, we can develop Devlin instead. The rest look pretty good and addresses most of our needs and provides good depth.

allsilverdreams
01-29-2012, 04:07 PM
i would be happy with flynn and garcon,then using the draft to get some play makers

Ricky4Life
01-29-2012, 04:20 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but why did we trade that pick to NO?

Other than that, I approve of this mock.

We did not trade any picks to the Saints. The trade was we get Bush they got Amaya and we swapped spots in the 6th round. No picks were traded away.