PDA

View Full Version : Jason Whitlock article advising Andrew Luck to stay away from Indy

whizafriz
01-25-2012, 12:17 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/andrew-luck-should-avoid-playing-for-indianapolis-colts-010312

I know we're all far removed from the Suck4luck race, and it's not really a potent thing to consider or discuss anymore, but I'm kinda just putting a few things in mind as I read this article:

Indy got rid of Bill Polian (I just found out, haha, late to the party maybe?). This could possibly be a huge blow to how they will rebuild, even if they get Luck.

Manning may not even be there next year, meaning whoever it is that steps in at QB (I would assume Not Curtis Painter) may have to do so right away.
Or, even if Manning does stay in Indy, who knows how long he could be active until he gets hurt again? There's no assurance at all for any QB going there to sit and learn for a year.

Let's not forget Indy played like a horror movie this season. Luck would have every reason to feel qualms about going there.

Joe Philbin DID say that quarterback was a huge focus.

Also, since we're in a transition period, it's not going to seem all that hairy to trade away players we don't need (and I think we can all name a few)

So I'm kiiiinda just getting this feeling like we could really be playing for a trade to Luck in the draft? I did hear the news that we're going after Manning, but I don't really see that happening.
Could be a SmokeScreen O_O

What do you guys think? Obviously nothing's concrete, but I think there's quite the possibility Luck wont be going to Indy.

gardena19
01-25-2012, 12:22 AM
article was from 3 weeks ago....:rolleyes2:

IronChef
01-25-2012, 12:26 AM
Luck to Miami would be a dream come true but highly inprobable..

King Dingaling
01-25-2012, 12:26 AM
It would cost us a few Drafts and that might be too risky??? Indy would be dumb to trade the pick anyway. If we finished with the 3rd pick, I would say that it would be possible. They wouldn't trade away the chance to draft the best QB prospect since..... Peyton Manning. How lucky can the colts get???

Phanatical
01-25-2012, 12:30 AM
Nice thoughts OP. When the Dolphins were still in the suck for luck race all i can remember hearing is how there is no way Luck would play for the Phins if they drafted him. I haven't seen anything written about this since Indy dominated the spot. However, I do remember Archie saying no way Peyton would be happy if they drafted Luck, and with the firing of Polians etc., perhaps Luck would demand a trade? Could be interesting if he did.

GO PHINS~!

Phin-Phan 66
01-25-2012, 12:51 AM
Whitlock is a tool

whizafriz
01-25-2012, 12:58 AM
article was from 3 weeks ago....:rolleyes2:

haha I knew I was late to the party somehow

Nice thoughts OP. When the Dolphins were still in the suck for luck race all i can remember hearing is how there is no way Luck would play for the Phins if they drafted him. I haven't seen anything written about this since Indy dominated the spot. However, I do remember Archie saying no way Peyton would be happy if they drafted Luck, and with the firing of Polians etc., perhaps Luck would demand a trade? Could be interesting if he did.

GO PHINS~!

That's a good point in that Fins don't look nearly as bad as they did during S4L race. Philbin looks promising so far and the fans seem to have faith in him despite the experience factor. So there's definitely a more vibrant image in Miami now when compared to the Indy situation, let alone other teams in the top draft spots. I guess we'll see...

Djavelin
01-25-2012, 01:25 AM
2012 NFL Draft.With the first pick....We have a trade. Colts trade the number one pick to Miami.
Miami will select Andrew Luck, Stanford.

rev kev
01-25-2012, 02:02 AM
Luck, RG3, Flynn I am down with any three

dolphinsbshaw72
01-25-2012, 06:06 AM
2012 NFL Draft.With the first pick....We have a trade. Colts trade the number one pick to Miami.
Miami will select Andrew Luck, Stanford.

God that sounds nice.. I would do a freakin back flip if we some how got Luck.. I would do a back flip RG3.. But I just don't see it happening.. As of right now Flynn is looking like he will be the Qb of the future for us.. But even that is not 100%.. Lets just hope Flynn is the really deal and what we saw in limited action is what we are getting and not another Bust for us..

01-25-2012, 08:35 AM
As much as I hate the ********er......if Ireland somehow landed Andrew Luck he would INSTANTLY reach legend status......at least until Andrew Luck flops.......but if he does what everyone thinks he will in the league......Ireland and Ross would....very quickly.....be spoken of in the same sentence as Joe Robbie and Don Shula.........CRAZY

electrolyte
01-25-2012, 09:01 AM
and to think........

we could have had Luck if we just sucked........

I hate Matt Moore.

Fish-Head
01-25-2012, 11:42 AM
It would cost us a few Drafts and that might be too risky??? Indy would be dumb to trade the pick anyway. If we finished with the 3rd pick, I would say that it would be possible. They wouldn't trade away the chance to draft the best QB prospect since..... Peyton Manning. How lucky can the colts get???

Let's do the math... They 'landed' the first overall when Elway came out... Manning who was the best prospect since Elway... and now Luck who is the best prospect since Manning... That sound 'lucky'??? :ponder:

JFoxx
01-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Will not happen. For one, it's doubtful Indy will know for sure if Manning is healthy enough to play by either his roster bonus date or by the draft. In either case, they'll have to move towards some decision. In absence of knowing for sure, they'll have to draft Luck with the possibility of not having any type of QB for 2012. And second, if they didn't draft Luck, I think their fan base would completely revolt on them (unless someone was foolish enough to offer many years of 1st round picks in return).

Etuoo33
01-25-2012, 12:31 PM
I feel sorry for Luck. Indy has no OL, a very porus DL and generally needs help in every area. They would be wise to trade the pick and get a jump start on a complete rebuild.

TPD1479
01-25-2012, 01:36 PM
It would only work if Indy fell in love with RG3 got a kings ransom from us and was able to somehow draft RG3..Only real scenario to me..

electrolyte
01-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Let's do the math... They 'landed' the first overall when Elway came out... Manning who was the best prospect since Elway... and now Luck who is the best prospect since Manning... That sound 'lucky'??? :ponder:

exactly.

the Colts owner should be removed from the NFL. Him and his family are corrupt and intentionally tank.

aquabob
01-25-2012, 02:54 PM
exactly.

the Colts owner should be removed from the NFL. Him and his family are corrupt and intentionally tank.

You're really just jealous that our owner doesn't do the same.

Calgaryfin
01-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Luck to Miami would be a dream come true but highly inprobable..
Hey just lure Channing Crowder out of retirement and throw in Matt Moore and a third rounder. Whatdaya think?

finomenal
01-25-2012, 05:07 PM
Nice job, Whitlock. Your check is in the mail. Now if we can just get some strippers and cocaine to Andrew Luck's dorm room....

13marino13
01-25-2012, 05:10 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/andrew-luck-should-avoid-playing-for-indianapolis-colts-010312

I know we're all far removed from the Suck4luck race, and it's not really a potent thing to consider or discuss anymore, but I'm kinda just putting a few things in mind as I read this article:

You've got a better chance of seeing God

Indy got rid of Bill Polian (I just found out, haha, late to the party maybe?). This could possibly be a huge blow to how they will rebuild, even if they get Luck.

Manning may not even be there next year, meaning whoever it is that steps in at QB (I would assume Not Curtis Painter) may have to do so right away.
Or, even if Manning does stay in Indy, who knows how long he could be active until he gets hurt again? There's no assurance at all for any QB going there to sit and learn for a year.

Let's not forget Indy played like a horror movie this season. Luck would have every reason to feel qualms about going there.

Joe Philbin DID say that quarterback was a huge focus.

Also, since we're in a transition period, it's not going to seem all that hairy to trade away players we don't need (and I think we can all name a few)

So I'm kiiiinda just getting this feeling like we could really be playing for a trade to Luck in the draft? I did hear the news that we're going after Manning, but I don't really see that happening.
Could be a SmokeScreen O_O

What do you guys think? Obviously nothing's concrete, but I think there's quite the possibility Luck wont be going to Indy.

You've got a better chance of seeing God