PDA

View Full Version : Senior Bowl Reports...

FinaticalOne
01-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Brief summary from what I've read...

Kellen Moore - QB - Boise State: he is really struggling early on. His deep passes are sailing, and his out pattern passes are landing at the knees of the WR. He appears to be out of place at this level of competition, for the K. Moore backers, there's still time for him to improve.

Kelechi Osmele - G/OT - Iowa State: he has been impressing, consistently putting defenders on their butts. We should keep an eye on him.

George Iloka - Safety - Boise State: he's been impressive so far. Maybe a late round pick that could pay off.

Doug Martin - RB - Boise State: impressing scouts with his versatility, playing RB, FB, and returning kickoffs.

Brandon Weeden - QB - Oklahoma State: most impressive QB on both squads early on. It sounds like it's not even close. Despite his age, worth keeping an eye on.

Antonio Allen - S - South Carolina: flashed skill all day, vicious hitter

Ryan Lindley - QB - San Diego State: showing he is an accurate short yardage passer, I only point this out because our offense is moving in the direction of the West Coast offense.

Chris Rainey - WR - Florida: has been impressive early on.

Here are the links (check it out):

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/senior-bowl-report-tuesday-morning-practice-181941207.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/senior-bowl-report-tuesday-morning-practice-181941207.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/tony_pauline/01/24/senior.bowl.practice.tuesday/index.html

insomnia411
01-25-2012, 04:42 PM
I've been saying it all along that Weeden, despite his age, will end up being AT WORST the 4th QB taken in this draft and I think he has serious ability. Wouldn't be mad at all if we traded down and took Weeden, though I'd rather have a trade up for RG3

kloud_9
01-25-2012, 04:44 PM
Chris rainey is impressing everyone and we interviewed him also..he isn't like a trindan holiday or thin.he can really break tackles and can fly! He runs right pass the dbs on 1 on 1s.sproles?I like him a lot..he would be a great utility player.he is goin to be a much better pro than his mate demps.

FinaticalOne
01-25-2012, 04:46 PM
According to another article, North QBs: Russel Wilson and Kirk Counsins have been struggling all week. Cousins is checking down too much, that was also mention on another day. Wilson is struggling with his accuracy.

Here's the link:

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2012/1/25/2732695/2012-senior-bowl-practice-report-north-team-day-3

insomnia411
01-25-2012, 04:47 PM
Chris rainey is impressing everyone and we interviewed him also..he isn't like a trindan holiday or thin.he can really break tackles and can fly! He runs right pass the dbs on 1 on 1s.sproles?I like him a lot..he would be a great utility player.he is goin to be a much better pro than his mate demps.

I'd gladly take either one in the later rounds.

FinaticalOne
01-25-2012, 04:48 PM

The more reports I read of Rainey, the more I'm intrigued.

FinaticalOne
01-25-2012, 04:49 PM
Cal's WR Marvin Jones is getting some buzz too.

insomnia411
01-25-2012, 04:54 PM
This is a great senior bowl, lots of intriguing prospects at all levels of the draft.

kloud_9
01-25-2012, 04:55 PM
If juron criner can run a decent 40..he will be in contention for the second round of the draft.he was a first rounder b4 this crappy Arizona season and is overshadowed by the slew of recievers in the draft.oh and don't forget the injures Ryan Broyles.can you say steal? Whoever gets him is gettin a possible very solid #2!man i wish I could at least have input on who we draft.lol I'm kinda feeling the trade down and get more picks,this is a pretty nice draft in the first few rounds

elite14eva
01-25-2012, 05:12 PM
kurt cousins = chad henne 2.0

Dolfan3773
01-25-2012, 05:59 PM
Kellen Moore blows

Barry20
01-26-2012, 01:15 PM
I think we should try and get Brandon Weeden.

Ed Norton
01-29-2012, 10:27 AM
I haven't seen the game yet but it sounds like the cat is out of the bag on Weeden.

NorFlaFin
01-29-2012, 12:18 PM
It seems that QB Ryan Lindley is the most developed next to Weeden; but what's his ceiling?

2413fanphins
01-29-2012, 02:02 PM
I've seen enough of cousins to know that I don't want anything to do with him.