PDA

View Full Version : mfp 12/30 updated mock...

hooshoops
01-31-2012, 10:22 AM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Mock-Draft-Version-20.html

not understanding that rams trade out pick at all...

datruth55
01-31-2012, 10:48 AM
I will seriously blow my top if we draft a RT with a top 10 pick. It will ruin the entire weekend for me...I probably won't watch any more of the draft if it happens.

hooshoops
01-31-2012, 10:54 AM
all i know is there is an AWFUL lot of momentum out there for us and riley reiff with our top pick...an awful lot...

farthest i see the rams agreeing to trading out to is #4 and thats so they can assure themselves either justin blackmon or morris claiborne...anything past #4 they can't guarantee themselves that and they should stay put...minnesota at #3 trading out makes a whole lot more sense to me with a team like wash if it's rg3 the skins want...

datruth55
01-31-2012, 11:11 AM
I'm still not buying it hoops. No way we take Reiff to play RT. People keep saying it because Ireland has been a part of 4 drafts now and has taken an O-lineman twice and a D-lineman once...he likes to play it safe but he knows the pressure is on and his butt is on the line to get some playmakers. If his player value chart has Reiff higher than Coples or Upshaw or any other possible pick that could be a playmaker (Claiborne, Blackmon or even Trent Richardson...as unlikely as all that might be) then he should be fired on the spot. The whole lot of them should have been fired on the spot for picking Pat White anyway.

j-off-her-doll
01-31-2012, 11:49 AM
I agree with truth. No way we go RT. Our coach understands that an explosive skill player does more for a QB than a RT - be it Richardson or K. Wright or someone else. And aside from that, we'll be looking to make an impact on the other team's QB - probably Upshaw or Coples. If we go RT in RD 1, I'll be speechless.

j-off-her-doll
01-31-2012, 11:54 AM
I do think Pittsburgh or Baltimore would be the two best fits for Burfict.

DcRy82
01-31-2012, 12:35 PM
I don't think Tannehill will be there at 22. Seeing Ponder and Locker go so high last year (combined with talk of him rising) is what really makes me feel Tannehill will be top 15.

SF Dolphin Fan
01-31-2012, 01:25 PM
I don't think Tannehill will be there at 22. Seeing Ponder and Locker go so high last year (combined with talk of him rising) is what really makes me feel Tannehill will be top 15.I agee. If Peyton Manning can't come back (high probability IMO) that takes another qb off the table for teams needing a qb. You've got Cleveland, Washington, Indianpolis, Miami and Buffalo all needing qb's and sitting in the top 10. One of those teams takes Tannehill I would think.

tay0365
01-31-2012, 05:22 PM
No way Miami takes an O-tackle that will pretty much play on the Right side, there is no value there to pick in the 1st. I personally hope Miami is able to get Payton (IF they find him to be healthy), trade out of the {8/9} spot, to mid to late teens, and take Tannehill.

Some may say overkill for the QB position to take another QB in the 1st, if Miami gets a healthy Payton, but if Payton is able to play, he will only have 2-3 more good years at best, Tannehill will need time to learn, but by the time Payton is done, Tannehill hopefully will be ready to take over.

SamIam
01-31-2012, 07:06 PM
I hope that's not the case

ahmilli
01-31-2012, 07:13 PM
Honestly you cant go wrong with Reiff.
It would be a great pick, if we can get Fleener (TE) out of Stanford in the 2nd round.
We get Flynn, and pick up a WR in the FA!

jim1
01-31-2012, 07:43 PM
I'd rather draft a known stud in DeCastro and let Murtha and Jerry battle it out at RT. And if Jerry wins, Murtha certaintly has the athletecism to back up Long at RT. I was shocked to see Jerry replace the injured Long at LT, but he actually played pretty well. And if the teram is comfortable with Murtha/Jerry at RT and Carey at G next year, then I'm fine with Coples or Upshaw. The name of the game is getting value with the pick- I'd still like to see maybe Cincinnatti trade up with us for Trent Richardson and parlay an extra 2nd rd pick into a Weeden/Fleener combo. But I sense doom, as in Washington drafting Weeden ahead of us in the 2nd rd. And for that- trade a 4th to slide up in the 2nd rd (Rams, Vikings, Colts- whoever) and grab Weeden while we can. I still think that Brandon Marshall would thrive with Weeden throwing him the ball.

jason_taylor
01-31-2012, 11:32 PM
No way Miami takes an O-tackle that will pretty much play on the Right side, there is no value there to pick in the 1st. I personally hope Miami is able to get Payton (IF they find him to be healthy), trade out of the {8/9} spot, to mid to late teens, and take Tannehill.

Some may say overkill for the QB position to take another QB in the 1st, if Miami gets a healthy Payton, but if Payton is able to play, he will only have 2-3 more good years at best, Tannehill will need time to learn, but by the time Payton is done, Tannehill hopefully will be ready to take over.

i just dont see tannehill a better prospect than flynn or better QB than flynn .so in saying that flynn should be the QB we take if manning isnt able or isnt going to play ,and imo we go into camp with henne ,moore and flynn take Blackmon with our first to play oppsite of marshall , and with the 2nd pick get a pass rusher or RT which ever is the best prospect at that pick at the time,then in the 3rd take either one we didnt take in the 2nd , and then go BPA from there on from the 4th -7th .

PJack
02-01-2012, 12:14 AM
No way we go RT in the top 10. Pass rushing LB, WR, Claiborne (see playmaker) or trade down. QB worth 8 or 9 will not be there. If they go RT, Ross losses crap loads of money buying out those empty seats.

jason_taylor
02-01-2012, 02:15 AM
No way we go RT in the top 10. Pass rushing LB, WR, Claiborne (see playmaker) or trade down. QB worth 8 or 9 will not be there. If they go RT, Ross losses crap loads of money buying out those empty seats.

yeah thats what i said we need to get a playmaker in the 1st maybe blackmon or TE maybe even a LB if we see thats one of our biggest needs ,but i cant see RT with the first pick.

Gonzo
02-01-2012, 02:18 AM
With so many good options available at that pick, Reiff is probably the only one that would piss me off, which means I can count on it happening.

JCPHIN_PHAN
02-01-2012, 02:26 PM
all i know is there is an AWFUL lot of momentum out there for us and riley reiff with our top pick...an awful lot...

farthest i see the rams agreeing to trading out to is #4 and thats so they can assure themselves either justin blackmon or morris claiborne...anything past #4 they can't guarantee themselves that and they should stay put...minnesota at #3 trading out makes a whole lot more sense to me with a team like wash if it's rg3 the skins want...

This is what everyone was saying last year with Mark Ingram. Then once late March was rolling in, The picks were starting to change to Mallett and Pouncey.