PDA

View Full Version : I Saved A Man's Life Today

GoonBoss
02-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Well, it wasn't just me, but, I was a part of it.

You know, I post lots of bad stuff about being a Corrections Officer...And they are all true. I paint a picture...That's true. It's savage, and it's dangerous. Manipulitave..Machivellian...

Sometimes, good things happen. Or maybe it's not so good. Who knows? It's the bizzaro world I inhabit. We got an emergency call on the radio today. We had a crook hanging himself. The officers on the pod did a great job in both alerting us and helping to save this drain on society's life. I was the first responder in and I grabbed a leg and we held the guy up while he was cut down.

He's now naked and alone in 10 West with a suicide blanket as his sole companion.

The Warden won't give us pats on the back even though when we had one die last year, he was up them with a microscope.
You won't read about it in the papers; "Alert Prison Gaurds Stop Suicide"

*Shrugs*

I'm perfect for working in a prison. It all makes sense to me.

SpurzN703
02-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Definitely a tricky situation with saving a guy's life whose life probably isn't actually worth saving

nyjunc
02-03-2012, 01:50 PM
My Father was a corrections officer for many years, one of my regrets is that I never really discussed what life was like on the job for him before he died. I would have loved to hear some stories but I'm sure he didn't want us knowing what was really going on in the prison.

Nice job Goon.

Tunaphish429
02-03-2012, 01:56 PM
You did a good thing.... No matter what that guy has done in his life, you did the right thing.

Ricky4Life
02-04-2012, 03:29 PM
You did the right thing Goon, and like you said a deed like this goes by without anyone making a huge deal out of it, but if he had died the Warden would have been all over your ***.

Bumpus
02-05-2012, 03:22 AM
Does it make me a bad person to say that I'd have just watched the loser twist, jerk, & twitch?

rob19
02-05-2012, 03:30 AM
Does it make me a bad person to say that I'd have just watched the loser twist, jerk, & twitch?

probably

Wildbill3
02-05-2012, 09:09 PM
yeah you never hear of the "good" things that you guys do. only the bad makes the papers.