PDA

View Full Version : POLL: IF we sign Manning, who do you want with the first pick?

finomenal
02-03-2012, 02:59 PM
It would be very tempting for me to grab an OL to protect Manning, but I think we should double down and get Tannehill if he's available. He's very green to the QB position, and sitting behind Peyton would benefit him greatly. The new CBA makes this doable; his contract would be very manageable. Yes, we need OL even more if Peyton is signed, but that can be had in other rounds and/or FA. Who would you take, whether staying at 8/9 or trading up/down?

Roman529
02-03-2012, 07:11 PM
I was going to go with QB, but Luck and RG3 will be gone, so I don't see anyone of great value being there at QB with the 8th overall pick. I would be cool with Weeden in the 2nd round or Osweiler in the 3rd. I would probably go with the best WR or O-lineman,,,,both of these things would help Manning right now. Then fill in the pieces after this, and also get top free agents at key spots.

Sunny Fish
02-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Coples if we can get him. If you sign Manning and still have Matt Moore, roll with Devlin at #3 and draft some horses. You can get another #2 or 3 QB next draft.

XxfeensterxX
02-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Take the best pass rusher or O-linemen with our 1st pick. Unless Justin Blackmon drops in some miraculous way . . . .

54dolfan9923
02-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Trade back, elite defensive player. Pick up extra second, take elite TE and Olineman

next-year
02-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Still try and trade up to get RG3, imagine him sitting behind peyton for a few seasons. Scary

The Confessor
02-04-2012, 12:59 PM
I put DE/OLB, but this poll is too generic.

It really really depends on who is still there when we pick.

If both Coples and Upshaw are gone when we pick, then OT or perhaps WR is the pick.

Miamifin23
02-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Wr wr wr wr!!! Unless coples falls which he wont

Ricky4Life
02-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Hoping for Upshaw.

phinfan1983
02-04-2012, 02:54 PM
DE/OLB (Coples) or Speed WR.

SF Dolphin Fan
02-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Would have to make it priority #1 to protect Peyton Manning. It might be a bit of a reach by maybe Martin at #1. He is a great prospect at LT, but swing him to RT and Peyton has that extra second or two which is an eternity in the NFL.

2413fanphins
02-04-2012, 04:53 PM
If and only if we signed manning, would I than be okay with another Ol with our first pick. otherwise I want coples or upshaw based on how I think the top ten will fall.....

Kistner10
02-04-2012, 07:32 PM
I'd want the same thing if we didn't sign him. The Best available player

jonanthans
02-04-2012, 11:02 PM
It would be very tempting for me to grab an OL to protect Manning, but I think we should double down and get Tannehill if he's available. He's very green to the QB position, and sitting behind Peyton would benefit him greatly. The new CBA makes this doable; his contract would be very manageable. Yes, we need OL even more if Peyton is signed, but that can be had in other rounds and/or FA. Who would you take, whether staying at 8/9 or trading up/down?

If we screw up and actually do that, it would be the worst draft move we will have made since passing on Drew Brees. Tannehill is not worth a pick in the top half of the 1st round, period. His stats were padded against the creampuffs on their schedule. 10 Ints and 4 fumbles in A&Ms 4 games against good teams this past season. Too many teams are drinking the hype kool-aid on him. If we get Manning, you take that opportunity to build our O-Line up for the future. You want to take a Qb later in the draft? Fine. But not in the 1st round.

utahphinsfan
02-06-2012, 12:07 AM
Upshaw is my preference.

Though, it'd be quite the dilemma if Kirkpatrick and/or Claiborne were still on the board.

TheBow305
02-06-2012, 02:00 AM
Still want to trade up for RG3 and groom him behind Peyton.

Mudder1310
02-06-2012, 12:08 PM
I think we need to protect Manning, not just in the passing game but by making the rush game as potent as possible. So take DeCastro, the guy is an angry blocking machine. Then in the 2nd a look at Fleener or defense.

foozool13
02-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Trade down and draft Courtney Upshaw in round 1. Or just draft Upshaw. I like him more than Coples.

caneaddict
02-07-2012, 12:04 AM
Honestly if we get Manning, i would look strongly at Trent Richardson. Normally I wouldn't want a top 10 RB because I think the position has a shorter shelf life but think how much that would help Manning. Also, RB's tend to have an immediate impact and if we get Manning, we're in "win now" mode.

ahmilli
02-07-2012, 12:18 AM
Upshaw, then Fleener!!

Emanauguste
02-07-2012, 12:26 AM
We need a franchise QB I would love Peyton but how much does he have left in the tank... I would like Flynn but who knows how good he would be he could be gone after his first season... Then What Coach philbin gets thrown under the bus for passing on a top qb in
the draft... I'm tired of the same bs every year go and get RG3 or try get manning let rg3 learn the speed and game and 4 years down the road when manning is done let him play... That way we can have some success for years to come at the position... And continue to build... I hate watching teams get the right players and us phin play conservative like EVERY other year and get no where honestly... Y not give up some first rounders for rg3 look where we are now how many first rounders are still here on are team that the phins drafted go and make things happen ..... #PHINSFANFORLIFE

rent this space
02-07-2012, 12:00 PM
I went with pass-rusher because good ones are rarely found out of the 1st round.
OT is next, then TE. I would roll with the WRs.
at QB you have Moore as a capable back-up and then get a developmental guy, I hear Devlin has been terrible.

luduporcu
02-07-2012, 04:40 PM
We need a franchise QB I would love Peyton but how much does he have left in the tank... I would like Flynn but who knows how good he would be he could be gone after his first season... Then What Coach philbin gets thrown under the bus for passing on a top qb in
the draft... I'm tired of the same bs every year go and get RG3 or try get manning let rg3 learn the speed and game and 4 years down the road when manning is done let him play... That way we can have some success for years to come at the position... And continue to build... I hate watching teams get the right players and us phin play conservative like EVERY other year and get no where honestly... Y not give up some first rounders for rg3 look where we are now how many first rounders are still here on are team that the phins drafted go and make things happen ..... #PHINSFANFORLIFE

What if RGIII's a bust...just another "college boy"? J RUSELL or V YOUNG, and not C NEWTON? Then what?

luduporcu
02-07-2012, 04:44 PM
I went with pass-rusher because good ones are rarely found out of the 1st round..i.

Do you make up your facts as you go along? You're SUPPOSEDLY a Dolfan. Can you say JASON TAYLOR? Now, then, did MIAMI find JT in the 1st Round?

It takes an ability to recognize talent. Nothing more.

rent this space
02-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Do you make up your facts as you go along? You're SUPPOSEDLY a Dolfan. Can you say JASON TAYLOR? Now, then, did MIAMI find JT in the 1st Round?

It takes an ability to recognize talent. Nothing more.You come back with 1997? Yeah, that's why I said RARELY. You could at least mention Cam Wake and be a little more current.
Go ahead and look at the sack leaders this year, 8 out of the top 10 were drafted in the first round

Emanauguste
02-08-2012, 06:14 PM
What if RGIII's a bust...just another "college boy"? J RUSELL or V YOUNG, and not C NEWTON? Then what? that's a possibility but that's a possibility with any quarterback everyone makes it seem like adrew luck is a sure thing... This is a new age I totally understand what you're saying but what if's are for every player getting drafted.. "WHAT IF" rg3 turns out to be great... What then?

umpalu
02-10-2012, 06:11 PM
We need all those spots so I guess it depends. I actually saw a draft that as long as no one jumped over us to get him Justin Blackmon fell to us. It was actually logical too. That is my dream, if we get a solid o-lineman in the offseason that is. All we need is a neck "healed" Manning behind the line we had last year.