PDA

View Full Version : Ex cop cries for judge, gets probation

BAMAPHIN 22
02-03-2012, 04:59 PM
He cried and the judge cut him loose.A disgraced NYPD detective convicted of planting drugs on an innocent couple was looking at jail time when he walked into court on Thursday.He walked out with probation after blubbering that he was ashamed of himself and pleading for mercy.http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ex-cop-jason-arbeeny-cries-judge-probation-judge-gustin-reichbach-4-years-article-1.1016083

Gonzo
02-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Minimum sentences for cops should be double what it is for civilians.

Tunaphish429
02-03-2012, 05:04 PM

Damn skippy.

Bobby Humphrey
02-03-2012, 05:14 PM

I don't know about the states, but in Canada they kinda do. A normal person gets charged for the offence. A cop gets charged for the offence and also gets charged under the police act. The charges are dealt with at separate times.

Plus a normal person won't lose his job, the cop will. Bye bye pay check, and in my opinion more importantly, bye bye pension and benefits.

now I am not defending this guy, and i feel like he got what he deserves, but it's not like he walked off scott free.

tylerdolphin
02-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Serves Vic Mackey right.

Gonzo
02-03-2012, 10:14 PM
I don't know about the states, but in Canada they kinda do. A normal person gets charged for the offence. A cop gets charged for the offence and also gets charged under the police act. The charges are dealt with at separate times.

Plus a normal person won't lose his job, the cop will. Bye bye pay check, and in my opinion more importantly, bye bye pension and benefits.

now I am not defending this guy, and i feel like he got what he deserves, but it's not like he walked off scott free.Sorry, I can't read French.

Bumpus
02-03-2012, 10:57 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/02/cgan1672l-1.jpg

What a shame. :lol:

rob19
02-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Not even surprised. If those WallStreet cops didn't lose their job, doesn't surprise me one bit that this walking piece of human garbage didn't serve any time. I know a majority of them are good people doing a job, but **** the police, man.

I think there would be a lot less engendered disrespect for the Police if they weren't put in a position of enforcing a drug war they cannot win.

This part is particularly reprehensible.

He was one of eight officers indicted in a Brooklyn South Narcotics scandal. His trial revealed the seamy side of narcotics policing, including cops getting sexual favors from junkies in exchange for drugs and making false arrests to meet quotas and rake in overtime.

Reichbach called Arbeeny's conduct "not only reprehensible abuse of trust and authority but the corruption of the entire criminal justice system."