PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect 3

Locke
02-03-2012, 05:30 PM
The inevitable leaks from BioWare concerning Mass Effect 3 have started. Suffice to say, I don't think I'm going to make it to March 7. I may have to pull a Cartman and freeze myself for the next month or so. Haven't been this stoked for a game in a really long time...

Dolphins9954
02-07-2012, 11:45 AM
I like the kinect features to the game.......

EYh4NugSghE&ob

Locke
02-07-2012, 12:50 PM
I can't really justify dropping $150 bucks for a kinect, but I agree it's pretty sweet. Everything I've read has been extremely positive. I think we may have our first candidate for game of the year when all is said and done...

Dolphins9954
02-07-2012, 01:40 PM
I can't really justify dropping $150 bucks for a kinect, but I agree it's pretty sweet. Everything I've read has been extremely positive. I think we may have our first candidate for game of the year when all is said and done...

I got kinect when it first came out. Dance Central is the only game worth playing. Voice search is really badass when you have the zune music pass. I just say the artist I want played and the xbox will load it up and play it. Mass Effect 3 will be an epic of a game. 2 was amazing especially trying to get in Miranda's pants. I think 3 will be the first game to utilize the kinect properly with the voice commands. Instead of pausing the game you can say the command thus making it a more fluid and seamless game. I can't wait to play it.

Locke
02-07-2012, 03:27 PM
We'll have to team up and try the online mode. Looks like it's gonna be good. I don't really do much online gaming, but I'll probably have to make an exception for this...

XDanny50
02-09-2012, 06:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vzl3hO3bl8&feature=g-all-u&context=G249435aFAAAAAAAADAA
this game looks too damn good

Locke
02-09-2012, 07:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vzl3hO3bl8&feature=g-all-u&context=G249435aFAAAAAAAADAA
this game looks too damn good

It's going to be massive too. I can't wait...

Spesh
02-11-2012, 08:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pShKKOV_gA&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szIkBoj1G7s&feature=relmfu

2 new trailers. Yup, not going to make it myself. Think the demo is out tuesday....men, hide from your women on valentines day, this takes priority.

Spesh
02-11-2012, 08:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FIrXno2SGrc

Whoops, missed one.

Thumper1016
02-11-2012, 09:16 PM
I may have to try and get into this series again. I tried once but just could not get into the game.

Gonzo
02-11-2012, 09:21 PM
This is horrible news for Obama. Between Skyrim and Mass Effect 3, 18-40 year old male unemployment rates are going to skyrocket.

Locke
02-11-2012, 10:48 PM
This is horrible news for Obama. Between Skyrim and Mass Effect 3, 18-40 year old male unemployment rates are going to skyrocket.

:lol:

Locke
02-11-2012, 10:50 PM
I may have to try and get into this series again. I tried once but just could not get into the game.

The first one was hit or miss for most people. I loved it personally, but I can see where others may have had trouble getting into it. I bet you'll like part 2 though. Much smoother gameplay, and a lot more fast-paced...

sinPHIN
02-13-2012, 12:38 AM
i cant wait for this game. ive got to run through the 2nd one again in the next couple weeks.

Locke
02-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Feel free to add me on Live guys. Main reason I don't play online if I hate getting randomly matched with some 12 year old who thinks constant "your mom" jokes are funny. I'd be much more willing to play multiplayer if I had some proper villains to play with. I'll definitely be doing this game online, either way. My tag is Ephemeral Locke...

sinPHIN
02-14-2012, 02:32 AM
Feel free to add me on Live guys. Main reason I don't play online if I hate getting randomly matched with some 12 year old who thinks constant "your mom" jokes are funny. I'd be much more willing to play multiplayer if I had some proper villains to play with. I'll definitely be doing this game online, either way. My tag is Ephemeral Locke...
cant stand that ether. i usually just destroy them mentally, and mess with hard lol

Locke
02-14-2012, 01:11 PM
cant stand that ether. i usually just destroy them mentally, and mess with hard lol

I have to admit, it is pretty entertaining listening to a 12 year old lose his temper after getting his butt kicked repeatedly...

Spesh
02-14-2012, 06:58 PM

If your interested i'll shoot ya a invite when the game comes out, right now im never on. Well, lemme rephrase, i'll shoot ya a invite when im done playing through the regular game on one of my 6 Shepards. And yes, i will probably be making more after the game comes out.

Downloaded and played part of the demo. Absolutely amazing. Voice acting was alittle off with the graphics at first, then quickly improves(or maybe its my imagination). Graphics are sleeker and grittier, some areas(like the Salarian homeworld) are stunning.
But lets get down to it, the big improvement Bioware went for was combat. And they nailed it. The game is much, much, faster then the previous one. Its going to take awhile to get it all down, but even the 2 levels they provided you you can tell that once you get used to it, your Shepard will do crazy stuff. Personally i was sold the minute i blew off a Cerberus agents head off. Combat trees are improved as well. They appear exactly like the second game, but once you start putting points in them they "branch off" and allow you to do different things for each moves(ie: singularity- last longer, wider effect, etc).

And even in the demo, you can tell your previous choices will play a factor. Spoiler(highlight if you want to see): Captain Kirrahe, from the Virmire mission, makes a cameo to drop some crazy cover fire. All in all, the 6th cant come soon enough. Will be trying the multiplayer demo later this week when i get a chance.

Locke
02-14-2012, 07:13 PM
I played through the demo today as well.

My only advice to others who haven't played it is.........don't. You'll never make it to the 6th otherwise. I'm done and I'm already on the verge of an anxiety seizure. Not sure how I'm gonna make it to the 6th.

I don't know how I feel about them making Ashley flashy. I know sex sells, but I was partial to the tomboy Ashley from the original Mass Effect. Kaiden is more likable this time too. My biggest beef with him from the first is that I really didn't give a sh*t if he lived or died. From the limited exposure we get in the demo, they seem to have worked on that. The alien characters seem to have stayed about the same, which is good news. I was worried they would change them up a little bit, but they look to have stuck to the same personalities.

Everything else is just like Spesh said. The game is faster, and there is definitely an epic feel to the whole thing. Much more customization, which I'm a fan of. I'd say they found the sweet spot with combining RPG features into an action game. I'll probably be spending the next few months playing this. I'm definitely going to fall off of the face of the earth for the few days after it's release...

Spesh
02-14-2012, 07:58 PM
I don't know how I feel about them making Ashley flashy. I know sex sells, but I was partial to the tomboy Ashley from the original Mass Effect. Kaiden is more likable this time too. My biggest beef with him from the first is that I really didn't give a sh*t if he lived or died. From the limited exposure we get in the demo, they seem to have worked on that. The alien characters seem to have stayed about the same, which is good news. I was worried they would change them up a little bit, but they look to have stuck to the same personalities.

Agree with everything you wrote(save for advising people not to play, misery loves company after all), but wanted to highlight this part. You got it 100% right, Kaiden was just sort of "there" for me in the first game and i killed him off repeatedly. Think i only have 1 run through where i let him live. Really could care less one way or the other, while i did enjoy the Ashley character. As for her new look, i dont like it either. But then again, i didnt like how she looked exactly the same in the second game as she did in the first. Since i clearly cant be pleased, im going to give it time.

Main reason to post: new day new trailer. Creepy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEhNWFEue44

Locke
02-15-2012, 12:01 AM
If your interested i'll shoot ya a invite when the game comes out, right now im never on. Well, lemme rephrase, i'll shoot ya a invite when im done playing through the regular game on one of my 6 Shepards. And yes, i will probably be making more after the game comes out.

No worries man, I plan on doing the same. As interesting as the multiplayer looks, playing through the game itself is by far my bigger priority. I have several Shepards myself. I took the time and got all the achievements on both of the previous ones, which left me with several characters to import. I played through the first 2 recently making a Shepard specifically to import for my initial run through. I'll use the older ones for subsequent run throughs. I read that doing the multiplayer missions helps get the best ending, which is probably the biggest reason I have any interest in trying it out...

DisturbedShifty
02-16-2012, 07:39 AM
This. I bought a used copy of Mass Effect one and two on Sunday because everyone always told me how good the game is. I for one hate RPGs (with the exception of Pokemon and the original Dragon Warrior), but again everyone said that it was a action style RPG as opposed to a turn based RPG. Well needless to say I took them back yesterday. Besides the fact that the story is essentially Babylon 5, I thought the combat system was too clunky, and the game stopped saving properly. I earlier on in the game I would die and click resume and pick up right before I died, but then after dying later in the game it started me at the beginning of the level instead of where I died. Rather pissed me off. So as much as I wanted to like it I just couldn't get into.

Spesh
02-16-2012, 12:54 PM
This. I bought a used copy of Mass Effect one and two on Sunday because everyone always told me how good the game is. I for one hate RPGs (with the exception of Pokemon and the original Dragon Warrior), but again everyone said that it was a action style RPG as opposed to a turn based RPG. Well needless to say I took them back yesterday. Besides the fact that the story is essentially Babylon 5, I thought the combat system was too clunky, and the game stopped saving properly. I earlier on in the game I would die and click resume and pick up right before I died, but then after dying later in the game it started me at the beginning of the level instead of where I died. Rather pissed me off. So as much as I wanted to like it I just couldn't get into.

Wish you had jumped on here and asked us about your issues before trading the games back in. First off, the save issue can be avoided. You merely had to physically save the games and not rely on autosave, then when you die do NOT hit resume. If i recall correctly, there is a "load save" option that pops up also. As for the combat, there is no real fix for that. The only thing i would suggest is starting the game as a "Solder", dumping points into the Assualt Rifle tree, and just grit your teeth and get through it.

That being said, almost everything you mentioned was fixed in the second game. The combat is completely different. Its been upgraded to be very close to "Gears of War" combat style. The character classes are not only unique, but so good that they didnt change anything about them in the third game(save for adding a new move or two for variety). Wasnt interested in the story? Fair enough, the second game is almost completely character driven and only held together by a loose(and almost cliche') storyline. Yet its still considered one of the best games made because of how well done those characters and situations are. Not to mention one of the most personal simply because of the various choices you make and the consequences hanging over your head.

Anyone hung up on the first game should really download the free demo for the third game. You will be shocked at the night and day difference with graphics and combat. If you enjoy it, then id suggest just sticking to the main storyline in the first game and putting your head down and finishing it. You WILL be rewarded for your perseverance with the second game.

Locke
02-16-2012, 12:55 PM

That sucks man. Sounds like you got a defective disc. I've personally never had issues with either game as far as saves go. I agree the first one is clunky. I don't really play shooters though, so it didn't bother me as much as it would others who play more shooters I'm guessing. I don't know if you got to play part 2 or not, but it's by far the better game from the action point of view. They completely revamped the shooter aspect in it. I'm not a big shooter fan, but I found it to be pretty good...

Locke
02-16-2012, 12:57 PM
Wish you had jumped on here and asked us about your issues before trading the games back in. First off, the save issue can be avoided. You merely had to physically save the games and not rely on autosave, then when you die do NOT hit resume. If i recall correctly, there is a "load save" option that pops up also. As for the combat, there is no real fix for that. The only thing i would suggest is starting the game as a "Solder", dumping points into the Assualt Rifle tree, and just grit your teeth and get through it.

That being said, almost everything you mentioned was fixed in the second game. The combat is completely different. Its been upgraded to be very close to "Gears of War" combat style. The character classes are not only unique, but so good that they didnt change anything about them in the third game(save for adding a new move or two for variety). Wasnt interested in the story? Fair enough, the second game is almost completely character driven and only held together by a loose(and almost cliche') storyline. Yet its still considered one of the best games made because of how well done those characters and situations are. Not to mention one of the most personal simply because of the various choices you make and the consequences hanging over your head.

Anyone hung up on the first game should really download the free demo for the third game. You will be shocked at the night and day difference with graphics and combat. If you enjoy it, then id suggest just sticking to the main storyline in the first game and putting your head down and finishing it. You WILL be rewarded for your perseverance with the second game.

You and I both said pretty much the same thing within seconds of each other. True Mass Effect fans here...

DisturbedShifty
02-16-2012, 05:50 PM

I might give the second one a try. But only if I can borrow it from somebody. I won't spent anymore money on them. Not unless I am convinced it is worth it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Locke
02-17-2012, 01:11 PM
In case you don't know, a playable demo (http://www.masseffect.com/about/demo) has already hit Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network.

But next week, a select intrepid few will have the opportunity to play the full game before it hits stores. Publisher Electronic Arts will be launching copies of the game into space using weather balloons that will be released in New York, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Berlin, London and Paris.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2012/02/mass-effect-3-becomes-true-space-oddity-/1#.Tz6JplGwX0T

The hype machine is out in full force...

Spesh
02-17-2012, 05:07 PM
So played the multiplayer demo last night with a friend. We were up until 6:30 in the morning. It was that addictive.

The good: you get alot of customization options for your character. Everything from appearance to skills to weapons. Its extremely challenging, but also rewarding. As well, the game randomly changes things up every few waves. For example: me and my friend burned down the first 2 waves, on the third wave they changed the objection to "uploading" data at a certain location, i got it but we were so torn up in the process the enemy had little problem finishing us off. The next round we played, we got to the 3rd wave, only for the objection to be hunting down a certain type of enemy. By changing it up it kept us guessing, it was hectic but extremely fun. Every round gave out medals and cash based on how you did that can be used for weapons, armor, extra ammo, medigel, etc. As well, your character levels up while you play, so you can spend points on new skills.

The bad: Not so much bad but pet peeves. For one, they possibly nerfed Sentinel. Either that or we were both bugged badly. We both died a few times with our tech armor still up. As well, it didnt really take damage as it never broke. In order to break it and get the "push back" effect you would physically have to press the button. Keep in mind, it was NOT like that in the regular game demo, so its possibly it was buggy because it was a demo, who knows. Anyways, the main problem i had was when i tried out a Turian. He couldnt dodge, lunge to the side, and avoid like the human characters could. Its possibly that more human-like characters can(Drell for instance), but for the Turian it was almost like playing the first game again. Needless to say, my dreams of leveling up a Salarian Sentinel took a beating last night.

Final verdict: the pro's of multiplayer far outweigh the con's. As i said, the "bad" was more of personal pet peeves then anything else. Ill be playing it addictively on at least a few of my Shepards, and Locke has indicated hes game(unless anything i wrote was a game breaker). If anyone wants to join us, im fairly certain god intended for a 4 man Miami Dolphins group to save the galaxy. I mean, who else is there to rely on, the Jets? Please.

Spesh
02-17-2012, 05:08 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2012/02/mass-effect-3-becomes-true-space-oddity-/1#.Tz6JplGwX0T

The hype machine is out in full force...

You better believe if one of those bad boys floats down around Tallahassee Florida ill be jumping in my car and hunting that thing down.

Locke
02-17-2012, 05:38 PM
You better believe if one of those bad boys floats down around Tallahassee Florida ill be jumping in my car and hunting that thing down.

I'll keep an eye out for the one flying out of Las Vegas, but I'd be surprised if it ends up anywhere in the area. If it does, I'll be doing the exact same thing...

Locke
02-17-2012, 05:40 PM
So played the multiplayer demo last night with a friend. We were up until 6:30 in the morning. It was that addictive.

The good: you get alot of customization options for your character. Everything from appearance to skills to weapons. Its extremely challenging, but also rewarding. As well, the game randomly changes things up every few waves. For example: me and my friend burned down the first 2 waves, on the third wave they changed the objection to "uploading" data at a certain location, i got it but we were so torn up in the process the enemy had little problem finishing us off. The next round we played, we got to the 3rd wave, only for the objection to be hunting down a certain type of enemy. By changing it up it kept us guessing, it was hectic but extremely fun. Every round gave out medals and cash based on how you did that can be used for weapons, armor, extra ammo, medigel, etc. As well, your character levels up while you play, so you can spend points on new skills.

The bad: Not so much bad but pet peeves. For one, they possibly nerfed Sentinel. Either that or we were both bugged badly. We both died a few times with our tech armor still up. As well, it didnt really take damage as it never broke. In order to break it and get the "push back" effect you would physically have to press the button. Keep in mind, it was NOT like that in the regular game demo, so its possibly it was buggy because it was a demo, who knows. Anyways, the main problem i had was when i tried out a Turian. He couldnt dodge, lunge to the side, and avoid like the human characters could. Its possibly that more human-like characters can(Drell for instance), but for the Turian it was almost like playing the first game again. Needless to say, my dreams of leveling up a Salarian Sentinel took a beating last night.

Final verdict: the pro's of multiplayer far outweigh the con's. As i said, the "bad" was more of personal pet peeves then anything else. Ill be playing it addictively on at least a few of my Shepards, and Locke has indicated hes game(unless anything i wrote was a game breaker). If anyone wants to join us, im fairly certain god intended for a 4 man Miami Dolphins group to save the galaxy. I mean, who else is there to rely on, the Jets? Please.

Nope, I'm down for sure. I bet we can get 9954 involved too, he's another Mass Effect-head...

DisturbedShifty
02-20-2012, 07:20 AM
That sucks man. Sounds like you got a defective disc. I've personally never had issues with either game as far as saves go. I agree the first one is clunky. I don't really play shooters though, so it didn't bother me as much as it would others who play more shooters I'm guessing. I don't know if you got to play part 2 or not, but it's by far the better game from the action point of view. They completely revamped the shooter aspect in it. I'm not a big shooter fan, but I found it to be pretty good...
So I went into the Game Stop I used to work at and was BS with a buddy of mine and told him I got rid of my Mass Effect games. He told me the same thing you are saying here. So he let me borrow his copy of Mass Effect 2 on the PS3. And you guys were right. It is MUCH better than the first game. It is still Babylon 5 story line, but it is much more enjoyable than the first game. My buddy told me about the interactive comic that simulates the events of the first game, so I went back to Game Stop and bought a brand new copy of Mass Effect 2 just so I didn't have to suffer through the first game. As of right now, I am glad I did. If this holds out, I will be buying ME3.

JCane
02-20-2012, 07:22 AM
Skyrim

GOAT

Locke
02-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Skyrim

GOAT

Agreed, for 2011...

Locke
02-20-2012, 12:30 PM
So I went into the Game Stop I used to work at and was BS with a buddy of mine and told him I got rid of my Mass Effect games. He told me the same thing you are saying here. So he let me borrow his copy of Mass Effect 2 on the PS3. And you guys were right. It is MUCH better than the first game. It is still Babylon 5 story line, but it is much more enjoyable than the first game. My buddy told me about the interactive comic that simulates the events of the first game, so I went back to Game Stop and bought a brand new copy of Mass Effect 2 just so I didn't have to suffer through the first game. As of right now, I am glad I did. If this holds out, I will be buying ME3.

You'll enjoy it more and more as you get further into it. I've yet to meet anyone who hasn't liked part 2...

Spesh
02-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Skyrim

GOAT

My rebuttal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heEqAwQ5phI&feature=g-logo&context=G28d0628FOAAAAAAABAA

Locke
02-20-2012, 07:51 PM
My rebuttal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heEqAwQ5phI&feature=g-logo&context=G28d0628FOAAAAAAABAA

Thanks man. So much for sleeping between now and March 6...

Spesh
02-20-2012, 10:02 PM
Thanks man. So much for sleeping between now and March 6...

Liked one guys response on the youtube page: "Im shoving money at my screen but nothing is happening!!!"

Mike13
02-21-2012, 10:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDoywNA9fHM

Locke
02-21-2012, 08:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDoywNA9fHM

The date at the end is wrong. It says 9/3/12. If that was the case, I'd probably punch the first stranger I saw in the face...

Spesh
02-21-2012, 09:03 PM
The date at the end is wrong. It says 9/3/12. If that was the case, I'd probably punch the first stranger I saw in the face...

They "mean" 3-9-12. Thats the Europe date for release, they just write it "day/month/year". The American release is still the 6th, no need to start clubbing baby seals :lol:

Mike13
02-21-2012, 10:34 PM
Europe is weird like that.

Locke
02-22-2012, 01:24 AM
They "mean" 3-9-12. Thats the Europe date for release, they just write it "day/month/year". The American release is still the 6th, no need to start clubbing baby seals :lol:

Good call, the 9 threw me off. If it was a 6 I would have made the connection. Some random lady in my neighborhood just got lucky...

Locke
02-28-2012, 12:54 PM
One week... :hsmash:

DisturbedShifty
02-28-2012, 09:38 PM
One week... :hsmash:
Agreed. I guess it is a good thing I waited so long to play the second one. I most likely won't start number 3 when everyone else does. I am having a ton of fun with the second game.

Locke
02-28-2012, 10:08 PM
Agreed. I guess it is a good thing I waited so long to play the second one. I most likely won't start number 3 when everyone else does. I am having a ton of fun with the second game.

I'm usually someone who gets annoyed with DLC, but I absolutely recommend getting "Lair of the Shadow Broker". The other ones are short and pretty much meh, but that one is great. Completely worth the extra couple bucks you spend on it...

DisturbedShifty
02-29-2012, 05:22 AM
I'm usually someone who gets annoyed with DLC, but I absolutely recommend getting "Lair of the Shadow Broker". The other ones are short and pretty much meh, but that one is great. Completely worth the extra couple bucks you spend on it...
Not what I meant man. Remember, I just recently got Mass Effect 2. I am still working on the main story arch.
EDIT: I just finished the second game. I really hope the choices I made pan out in the next game.

Thumper1016
02-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Well with everything you all have said that does it for me I am going to give these games another shot. I have to say all the advertisements I have seen of Mass 3 make me want to play.

DisturbedShifty
02-29-2012, 01:10 PM
Well with everything you all have said that does it for me I am going to give these games another shot. I have to say all the advertisements I have seen of Mass 3 make me want to play.

Just get ME2, and get it new for the PS3. Its only 20 bucks. But this way you can download that interactive comic that simulates the first game.

Locke
02-29-2012, 05:35 PM

My mistake, I wasn't being clear. I was only recommending you also get that additional content, nothing outside of that. I think you'll enjoy it, especially if you liked the main story...

DisturbedShifty
02-29-2012, 07:07 PM
My mistake, I wasn't being clear. I was only recommending you also get that additional content, nothing outside of that. I think you'll enjoy it, especially if you liked the main story...

Turns out I played all the DLC during my play through. So I was wrong. My copy came with Overlord, Kasumi and the Shadow Broker DLC. I just need to play the Arrival DLC.

Spesh
03-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Just got back into town, and from playing ME2 while stuck in my hotel room, and was going to jump on here and recommend anyone who hasn't done the DLC's might want to try them. Anyone who has the game owes it to themselves to play Lair of the Shadow Broker, its exceptional.

As for those that haven't played Arrival...i was disappointed in it. Its well done, its easily the best save for Shadow Broker. But you dont make any decisions in it that transfer over to the third game. There is a very logical reason for the lack of transfer, in hindsight i completely understand, but i still was disappointed with that. Plus, they hit a pet peeve of mine by continuously stating everything as "THE ARRIVAL". All that said, it is a nice prequel to the 3rd game and does explain the events that take place in the beginning of the third game.

Spesh
03-02-2012, 07:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC_eF3Na1U8&feature=context&context=G28d0628FOAAAAAAABAA

Launch trailer.

Locke
03-02-2012, 09:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC_eF3Na1U8&feature=context&context=G28d0628FOAAAAAAABAA

Launch trailer.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/03/jizzinmypantso-1.gif

Phins28
03-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Pre-ordered the collector's edition, can't wait for Tuesday.

DisturbedShifty
03-03-2012, 01:53 PM

Lucky ass. Jerks at Gamestop said I couldn't. But I have a feeling I can upgrade once it comes out. I won't be able to attend the midnight sale. So I am hoping they will have plenty later in the day.

Locke
03-03-2012, 05:18 PM

Same here. I had a giftcard from christmas that I was saving specifically for this. Wouldn't spend the extra money otherwise...

Phins28
03-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Lucky ass. Jerks at Gamestop said I couldn't. But I have a feeling I can upgrade once it comes out. I won't be able to attend the midnight sale. So I am hoping they will have plenty later in the day.

Hahahaha I pre-ordered mine June of last year, I had a feeling that they'll be on high demand, you can check at your local Gamestop 48 hours after release maybe someone didn't pick up their pre-order.

Phins28
03-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Same here. I had a giftcard from christmas that I was saving specifically for this. Wouldn't spend the extra money otherwise...

As soon Bioware announced the collector's edition I flew to Gamestop traded-in some games for 40$, then back in November sold Arkham City for 40$, I only paid the taxes of the game.

DisturbedShifty
03-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Hahahaha I pre-ordered mine June of last year, I had a feeling that they'll be on high demand, you can check at your local Gamestop 48 hours after release maybe someone didn't pick up their pre-order.

Yeah but I hadn't played Mass Effect up until recently. As in the last couple of weeks recently. So while I may have lost out on a pre-order, as a former Gamestop employee, I know they order extras. So if I have to hold off on getting it I will. Because I can always okay through the second one again.

Spesh
03-03-2012, 08:54 PM
I am viciously jealous of you all. I had planned on grabbing the collectors addition, but had decided to wait. Well, in the past 6 weeks or so, been slammed with bills so kept putting off ordering it. A week or two ago loaded up Amazon to do it...out of stock. Figured no biggie, they would restock, and if they didnt Gamestop wouldnt run out. Apparently wrong on both accounts. Could have kept hunting around different stores, but decided it wasnt worth the trouble. Only really wanted it for the downloadable content and weapons(and not going to lie, floating "dog") but figure they will release the DLC's anyways.

Spesh
03-04-2012, 03:07 AM
Forewarning: Mass Effect 3 demo's multiplayer ends monday. Dont think anyone should be to concerned, as the game releases tuesday.

Also, warning message on Mass Effects 2 "cerberus network". Says something to the effect of "Cant get news feeds from Earth" :lol:

Spesh
03-04-2012, 04:06 AM
In order to break it and get the "push back" effect you would physically have to press the button. Keep in mind, it was NOT like that in the regular game demo, so its possibly it was buggy because it was a demo, who knows. Anyways, the main problem i had was when i tried out a Turian. He couldnt dodge, lunge to the side, and avoid like the human characters could. Its possibly that more human-like characters can(Drell for instance), but for the Turian it was almost like playing the first game again. Needless to say, my dreams of leveling up a Salarian Sentinel took a beating last night.

Played Sentinel again, armor still doesnt break unless you press it, but you have ALOT of damage mitigation. Very useful and not at all bugged.

Great news: all the different species do different things. Turians just suck. Drell leaps around the screen and can forward flip into areas(and have that flip be a great advantage). Asari slide(actual slide) into cover. Salarians can jump side to side(dont know specifics, but one person played them with no difficulty). The Turian was the only one that was bad. Very bad.
Basically, my dream of playing a Salarian whatever lives on!

Locke
03-04-2012, 04:34 AM
Played Sentinel again, armor still doesnt break unless you press it, but you have ALOT of damage mitigation. Very useful and not at all bugged.

Great news: all the different species do different things. Turians just suck. Drell leaps around the screen and can forward flip into areas(and have that flip be a great advantage). Asari slide(actual slide) into cover. Salarians can jump side to side(dont know specifics, but one person played them with no difficulty). The Turian was the only one that was bad. Very bad.

I finally got around to trying it out. It was fun, moreso than I thought it would. Some of those missions got intense though. Definitely going to require a pretty good group to get through some of the gold level challenges...

Spesh
03-04-2012, 06:21 AM
I finally got around to trying it out. It was fun, moreso than I thought it would. Some of those missions got intense though. Definitely going to require a pretty good group to get through some of the gold level challenges...

Literally just got done with it a few moments ago(note the time...and drunkeness). It will be a challenge. For anything above the bronze(and im still not convinced that you can finish a level with less than 3) you will need 4 players.

3 of us tried the Silver challenge, and we got the wave 7. Now, i had been drinking and therefore less then reliable.......and one of us was so intoxicated that they couldnt get their character to slide into a bunker. For Gold, i can only imagine it will require people actually paying attention(to put it lightly).

Anyways, played the Salarian, it wasnt as good as my human female(giggidy) for skill purposes, but it did do well.

Next week should be amazing.

Phins28
03-04-2012, 10:22 AM

Turian Sentinel are awesome, just level up tech armor and fitness chose the shotgun and watch him destroy everything.

Spesh
03-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Turian Sentinel are awesome, just level up tech armor and fitness chose the shotgun and watch him destroy everything.

Are you kidding me? I tried it out and i need the ability to jump around. What can i say, i get shot in the face alot.

Clearly, there is no argueing taste.

Locke
03-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Are you kidding me? I tried it out and i need the ability to jump around. What can i say, i get shot in the face alot.

Clearly, there is no argueing taste.

Locke
03-05-2012, 07:07 PM
I'm off to teach my last class of the day. Going straight home after that, eating dinner and whatnot, then gonna go to the midnight release at the GameStop here. Probably won't get to bed until 5-6 AM. I used a sick day for tomorrow already. Yes I'm a nerd. Tomorrow is going to be a day of laziness, Mass Effect 3, and probably quite a few beers. Hit me up on Live if anyone wants to do the multiplayer, although I probably won't get too much into it until after I've played through the campaign. Either way, should be some good times...

DisturbedShifty
03-05-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm off to teach my last class of the day. Going straight home after that, eating dinner and whatnot, then gonna go to the midnight release at the GameStop here. Probably won't get to bed until 5-6 AM. I used a sick day for tomorrow already. Yes I'm a nerd. Tomorrow is going to be a day of laziness, Mass Effect 3, and probably quite a few beers. Hit me up on Live if anyone wants to do the multiplayer, although I probably won't get too much into it until after I've played through the campaign. Either way, should be some good times...

Just a day? Pfft. I took a week off work for Halo 3. Lol.

Spesh
03-05-2012, 10:27 PM

Months ago decided against hitting the midnight release. In hindsight, im kinda glad, trying to power through the final bit of a female Shepard run through on ME2. Going to be busy wednesday and have thought about waiting until that evening to play ME3. I say "thought" loosely, because while i recognize i should do the mature thing and hold off, i have also accepted the fact that the game will be in my Xbox 15 seconds after it hits my doorstep.

I'll be sure to throw ya a invite later in the week, going to hold off until the weekend before playing the multiplayer. Let us know how it goes, especially if you run into the most critical member of the Mass Effect universe. I speak of course of Conrad Verner.

Also, watch out for the new and improved scanning(minor spoiler, but its less than 3 hours before release):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMkkYJ-yJ6E

Locke
03-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Months ago decided against hitting the midnight release. In hindsight, im kinda glad, trying to power through the final bit of a female Shepard run through on ME2. Going to be busy wednesday and have thought about waiting until that evening to play ME3. I say "thought" loosely, because while i recognize i should do the mature thing and hold off, i have also accepted the fact that the game will be in my Xbox 15 seconds after it hits my doorstep.

I'll be sure to throw ya a invite later in the week, going to hold off until the weekend before playing the multiplayer. Let us know how it goes, especially if you run into the most critical member of the Mass Effect universe. I speak of course of Conrad Verner.

Also, watch out for the new and improved scanning(minor spoiler, but its less than 3 hours before release):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMkkYJ-yJ6E

Holding off on the midnight release makes you a bigger man than I. I knew the moment I reserved it that I'd be there at 12:01 on release day. They released it days before mid-terms though, which means tomorrow is probably the only day I get in any substantial playing time over the next few days. Between taking mine, administering and grading the ones I have to give in my classes, and then dealing with the inevitable flood of E-mails and office visits from the slackers who didn't study/come to class/give a ****, I'm probably not going to have much time until next week. Of course, knowing me, I'll end up pawning a bunch of that off onto some of the TAs and playing anyways...

Spesh
03-06-2012, 12:45 PM
A bit shockingly, Mass Effect 3 is only getting great reviews and not outstanding. Think the success of the second game and all the hype has actual hurt this one in terms of what people were expecting. While it is hitting over 90% rating, other games have scored just as well if not better: Batman Arkham City and Uncharted 3 spring to mind. Perhaps im projecting to much of my own expectations and others are actually being objective, but i expected this to..well...lead to the collapse of society as we know it. Little or no spoilers on the link below.

All told, Mass Effect 3 is an absolutely amazing game, one that successfully puts a bow on the Mass Effect trilogy while still leaving us hungry for even more. It looks and plays great, but Mass Effect 3’s true strength lies in its ability to tell a deeply-woven story. Better yet, the sheer ambition shown by BioWare in announcing an intersecting trilogy complete with save importation becomes fully realized in Mass Effect 3. BioWare deserves applause for not only having the courage to attempt something like the Mass Effect trilogy, but for pulling it off with such exceptional poise and skill.
Mass Effect 3 isn’t the best game ever made. But it’ll certainly be in the conversation for a very long time to come.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/03/01/mass-effect-3-review#

DisturbedShifty
03-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Ha! Still got my collectors edition.

Also I love the new paint job for the Normandy and Ashley.

Spesh
03-06-2012, 11:01 PM
Busy day, but was finally able to start up around 7. Took about 30 minutes to download the DLC, get all the updates for Live, and decide to play my "dry run" Shepard. Was my first character i made in the first game and used him for my first run of the second game. Didnt make the most ideal choices, but certainly still interesting to see how it turns out.

Figure all is well, load up the toon and sit back to get through the opening. I then notice i made a single tactical mistake: even after 5 years since the original game, after multiple characters, and only exposed to a single conversation.....i still couldnt care less about Kaiden.
Immediately started over with another Shepard. Having a blast.

DisturbedShifty
03-07-2012, 12:00 AM
Busy day, but was finally able to start up around 7. Took about 30 minutes to download the DLC, get all the updates for Live, and decide to play my "dry run" Shepard. Was my first character i made in the first game and used him for my first run of the second game. Didnt make the most ideal choices, but certainly still interesting to see how it turns out.

Figure all is well, load up the toon and sit back to get through the opening. I then notice i made a single tactical mistake: even after 5 years since the original game, after multiple characters, and only exposed to a single conversation.....i still couldnt care less about Kaiden.
LOL! Ain't that the truth. I may have not played the first game, but I did choose not to save him in the comic that simulated the first game.

Locke
03-07-2012, 12:36 PM

Same here. Dude is about as interesting as a piece of burnt toast. Game is amazing so far. The only thing that caught my eye is that sometimes the person on screen will jump ahead in their animation a little bit, but that's a pretty minor thing all things considered...

DisturbedShifty
03-08-2012, 05:46 AM
So I want Mass Effect fans opinions on this one. What do you think of my new sig? I designed it after the pattern on the side of the new Normandy. Also, if anyone else would like one, let me know. I am more than willing to share.

JCane
03-08-2012, 06:11 AM
A bit shockingly, Mass Effect 3 is only getting great reviews and not outstanding. Think the success of the second game and all the hype has actual hurt this one in terms of what people were expecting. While it is hitting over 90% rating, other games have scored just as well if not better: Batman Arkham City and Uncharted 3 spring to mind. Perhaps im projecting to much of my own expectations and others are actually being objective, but i expected this to..well...lead to the collapse of society as we know it. Little or no spoilers on the link below.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/03/01/mass-effect-3-review#

Skyrim.

GOAT

Spesh
03-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Skyrim.

GOAT

Go back to collecting dirt from caves. We be saving the galaxy.

Locke
03-08-2012, 01:15 PM
So I want Mass Effect fans opinions on this one. What do you think of my new sig? I designed it after the pattern on the side of the new Normandy. Also, if anyone else would like one, let me know. I am more than willing to share.

Looks good man, I like it. As nerdy as it is, I'm thinking about looking around the internet to see if they make a hoodie like the one Shepard wears around the Normandy. I love me some hoodies, and I figure that some company somewhere has to have made one...

Spesh
03-08-2012, 01:16 PM

Looks great, like it, but going to stay with my head slapping Miami Dolphins(i know that doesnt limit the amount of material) sig. Might give ya a shout about making a N7 logo later.

Spesh
03-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Looks good man, I like it. As nerdy as it is, I'm thinking about looking around the internet to see if they make a hoodie like the one Shepard wears around the Normandy. I love me some hoodies, and I figure that some company somewhere has to have made one...

Not the hoodie your refering to, but some of the shirts cracked me up.

http://www.redbubble.com/shop/3+effect+mass+t-shirts

Locke
03-08-2012, 01:27 PM
I have to say, now that I'm a good ways into the campaign, this game is going to be tough to top. The action is top-of-the-line, there are some amazing missions, and they aren't holding back on the story telling. No spoilers, but there are some damn depressing parts sprinkled into the ongoing epicness. I'd be surprised if we aren't looking at our GOTY...

DisturbedShifty
03-08-2012, 01:30 PM

Yeah i know its nerdy. But I am a big nerd. And they do have a hoodie like that. I saw it over in the Bioware store. Just go to masseffect.com and click on the store. They had it listed for 74 bucks.

Looks great, like it, but going to stay with my head slapping Miami Dolphins(i know that doesnt limit the amount of material) sig. Might give ya a shout about making a N7 logo later.

That's cool. I just wanted to know if you guys liked it. As for the logo, no problem. Hit me up in a PM with details and I will bang it out for ya.

Spesh
03-08-2012, 03:57 PM
I have to say, now that I'm a good ways into the campaign, this game is going to be tough to top. The action is top-of-the-line, there are some amazing missions, and they aren't holding back on the story telling. No spoilers, but there are some damn depressing parts sprinkled into the ongoing epicness. I'd be surprised if we aren't looking at our GOTY...

Havent gotten into the main game at all, been to busy but finally sitting down the next 2 days to hammer away at it. Gotta say, despite how gritty the game is, im very VERY thankful they havent toned down the humor at all. I chuckled when talking to the(to avoid spoilers being vague) turian on board during his conversation with Shepard:

Turian: "Thanks for having me on board. Garrus is working on the weapons. Something about calibrations....."
Shepard: "Sounds like him".

Anyways, im down for online this weekend if anyone wants to try and set up a Finheaven group. Honestly dont have to much of a preferance which day or time. Suppose anyone who is interested just start posting and we can work out the details.

Locke
03-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Havent gotten into the main game at all, been to busy but finally sitting down the next 2 days to hammer away at it. Gotta say, despite how gritty the game is, im very VERY thankful they havent toned down the humor at all. I chuckled when talking to the(to avoid spoilers being vague) turian on board during his conversation with Shepard:

Turian: "Thanks for having me on board. Garrus is working on the weapons. Something about calibrations....."
Shepard: "Sounds like him".

Anyways, im down for online this weekend if anyone wants to try and set up a Finheaven group. Honestly dont have to much of a preferance which day or time. Suppose anyone who is interested just start posting and we can work out the details.

I'm up for it for it for sure...

DisturbedShifty
03-09-2012, 09:08 AM
So since I pretty much started with ME2, I never got the opportunity to import a ME1 saved file into ME2. I know I made my choices in the digital comic, it just didn't have a huge impact as I now know it does.

This part will contain a contain a spoiler, so click the box to continue:
So I get to the point in the game where I need the Turians help. But the only way to get their help is to recruit the Krogans to come to the Turians aid. So while I am talking with Wrex trying to get him on board with the idea, he reveals that he knows I decided to wipe out the genophage cure Mordain's assistant was working on. I honestly felt like a complete *******, and not because I felt bad about doing it, but because I got caught. I felt so bad that I decided to risk the Salarian's support against the Reapers when they asked me to fake the cure being dispensed just to gain Wrex's trust back.

After that I whole heartily have kicked myself for not sucking it up and playing through the first game, and for not playing Mass Effect WAAY before this.

Locke
03-09-2012, 01:24 PM
So since I pretty much started with ME2, I never got the opportunity to import a ME1 saved file into ME2. I know I made my choices in the digital comic, it just didn't have a huge impact as I now know it does.

This part will contain a contain a spoiler, so click the box to continue:
So I get to the point in the game where I need the Turians help. But the only way to get their help is to recruit the Krogans to come to the Turians aid. So while I am talking with Wrex trying to get him on board with the idea, he reveals that he knows I decided to wipe out the genophage cure Mordain's assistant was working on. I honestly felt like a complete *******, and not because I felt bad about doing it, but because I got caught. I felt so bad that I decided to risk the Salarian's support against the Reapers when they asked me to fake the cure being dispensed just to gain Wrex's trust back.

After that I whole heartily have kicked myself for not sucking it up and playing through the first game, and for not playing Mass Effect WAAY before this.

I think that's what drew me into the series so much. You start becoming emotionally attached to these characters. Bioware probably does the best job of any company as far as developing their characters and making you become emotionally invested in their interests. It was the same with Dragon Age...

Mike13
03-09-2012, 06:40 PM
I am loving every minute of this game, I just did the sidequest where: You help out Grunt and his team fight a bunch of Rachni, and I'm still wondering how the hell he managed to survive getting swarmed by all of them, I was sure he was going to die, but I guess he's just too badass to kill.

Spesh
03-10-2012, 04:03 AM
I'm up for it for it for sure...

Shot ya a invite, was getting a bit late, whole cluster **** tonight. Might be on tommorow depending on how many more rounds we hit tonight.

As for the regular game, this game was intended to be personal and they made it so. Dumped 20 hours in, only hit a few of the main quest(been hitting the side quests, how screwy is the disk system?!?) but the level of depth is amazing. I couldnt imagine playing this game without the first 2.

Edit: Krogans are so unbelievably overpowered. Damage bonuses, extra health(alot), and oh yeah, 1 shot melee kills on just about anything. Absolutely insane.

Locke
03-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Shot ya a invite, was getting a bit late, whole cluster **** tonight. Might be on tommorow depending on how many more rounds we hit tonight.

As for the regular game, this game was intended to be personal and they made it so. Dumped 20 hours in, only hit a few of the main quest(been hitting the side quests, how screwy is the disk system?!?) but the level of depth is amazing. I couldnt imagine playing this game without the first 2.

Edit: Krogans are so unbelievably overpowered. Damage bonuses, extra health(alot), and oh yeah, 1 shot melee kills on just about anything. Absolutely insane.

I've hit the main quest hard. I think I'm almost done with it, but it's hard to tell. I agree with the disk thing. They put all the secondary missions on disk 2, so you end up switching disks over and over again. It's a little obnoxious...

DisturbedShifty
03-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Guess its good thing I have the PS3 ME3. :D. That being said, I have heard people complaining that the ending I very anti-climatic. I haven't looked into too much myself because I don't want to ruin it.

Locke
03-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Just finished the main story. In Mass Effect fashion, you get to choose how it ends. The one I picked was pretty anti-climactic. When I do my Insanity playthrough, I'll try a different one. I'm not complaining though. People are used to Hollywood endings and happily ever afters, so it doesn't surprise me that they wouldn't be happy with anything short of mission accomplished, exactly the way we planned it with no unwanted consequences...

Phins28
03-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Just finished the main story. In Mass Effect fashion, you get to choose how it ends. The one I picked was pretty anti-climactic. When I do my Insanity playthrough, I'll try a different one. I'm not complaining though. People are used to Hollywood endings and happily ever afters, so it doesn't surprise me that they wouldn't be happy with anything short of mission accomplished, exactly the way we planned it with no unwanted consequences...

I loved the endings, finally something different, like you said people wanted the cliche Hollywood/Disney ending, BSN forums are down in flames :lol:

Spesh
03-12-2012, 09:51 AM
Apparently alot of people missed some of the "side dialogue" in the Normandy between missions. Because everything he says is by definition awesome, for those that missed it, Mordin's Mass Effect 3 sex advice. Some minor spoilers for those that arent to far into the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSxqGK_-IV8

Mike13
03-12-2012, 10:50 AM
Apparently alot of people missed some of the "side dialogue" in the Normandy between missions. Because everything he says is by definition awesome, for those that missed it, Mordin's Mass Effect 3 sex advice. Some minor spoilers for those that arent to far into the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSxqGK_-IV8

Major Spoiler

Yeah, I laughed my ass off at that, then I remember that his death was pretty sad

Locke
03-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Yeah, the online is pretty fun. The wifey was asleep next to me on the couch, so I couldn't get too into it, but I see the potential for some drunken nights of awesomeness. I went on again later in the evening after she actually went to bed and played with some random people. Wasn't as successful with them, but they sucked pretty bad. Was still fun, despite spending more time as a medic than as a soldier...

Spesh
03-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Yeah, the online is pretty fun. The wifey was asleep next to me on the couch, so I couldn't get too into it, but I see the potential for some drunken nights of awesomeness. I went on again later in the evening after she actually went to bed and played with some random people. Wasn't as successful with them, but they sucked pretty bad. Was still fun, despite spending more time as a medic than as a soldier...

Not going to lie, 90% of the time me and Tpain will jump on there for that reason alone. Last night was a bit low key because we were all still recovering from earlier and everyone had to get ready for the week to come. If you couldnt tell, our clever and precise threat identification system came from our drunken nights("we got a whore! take down the whore!" "oh crap its a bitch, burn her!"). And while ive only met him twice, i assume that Shadow wont be grooming his dogs as he plays most of the time :lol:.

DisturbedShifty
03-13-2012, 04:31 AM
Ok so...
I finished the game. I chose to wipe out the Reapers instead of controlling them. What I don't get is why it was wiping out organics? Did that little energy kid lie about what a "synthetic" life was? I don't get it. Still I don't see a problem with that ending. I guess people's problem with the ending is because Shepard died? If that is the case they are all nuts, because from jump he always seemed like the martyr type to me. So without telling me the details, which ending did you chose? Control? Or destroy?l

Also, I whipped this up...
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/DisturbedShifty/Keepin-it-real.gif)

Locke
03-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Ok so...
I finished the game. I chose to wipe out the Reapers instead of controlling them. What I don't get is why it was wiping out organics? Did that little energy kid lie about what a "synthetic" life was? I don't get it. Still I don't see a problem with that ending. I guess people's problem with the ending is because Shepard died? If that is the case they are all nuts, because from jump he always seemed like the martyr type to me. So without telling me the details, which ending did you chose? Control? Or destroy?l

Also, I whipped this up...
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/DisturbedShifty/Keepin-it-real.gif)

I chose the third one, where you jump into that blue stream thing. I won't go into more detail than that since I don't want to ruin anything, but it was an......interesting.....ending. Apparently there are some major petitions going around demanding that Bioware re-do the ending on some upcoming DLC.

Love the gif by the way. There was a funny video on the shadow broker ship in part 2 where a Krogan headbutts here across a room....

DisturbedShifty
03-13-2012, 11:09 AM
I chose the third one, where you jump into that blue stream thing. I won't go into more detail than that since I don't want to ruin anything, but it was an......interesting.....ending. Apparently there are some major petitions going around demanding that Bioware re-do the ending on some upcoming DLC.

Love the gif by the way. There was a funny video on the shadow broker ship in part 2 where a Krogan headbutts here across a room....

So if you have three choices (didn't know about the third option) why are people bitching exactly?

Locke
03-13-2012, 11:14 AM
So if you have three choices (didn't know about the third option) why are people bitching exactly?

Because it wasn't a Hollywood happy ending. I think people wanted Shepard to survive, the Reapers to explode into unicorns and rainbows, and your love interest to show up in nothing but high heels ready to get down. They are complaining about everything. They are mad about what Tali's face looks like, they are mad that there is a multiplayer, they are mad that they didn't get the ending they wanted, they are mad that their choices in the previous games didn't have as much of an effect as they would have liked, they are mad that there wasn't a Krogan or Drell squadmate to play as, etc. Gamers are among the whiniest people in the world. It's not wonder they have trouble getting laid...

DisturbedShifty
03-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Because it wasn't a Hollywood happy ending. I think people wanted Shepard to survive, the Reapers to explode into unicorns and rainbows, and your love interest to show up in nothing but high heels ready to get down. They are complaining about everything. They are mad about what Tali's face looks like, they are mad that there is a multiplayer, they are mad that they didn't get the ending they wanted, they are mad that their choices in the previous games didn't have as much of an effect as they would have liked, they are mad that there wasn't a Krogan or Drell squadmate to play as, etc. Gamers are among the whiniest people in the world. It's not wonder they have trouble getting laid...

You ask me that was an Oscar award winning ending. But that is me. Its nice when the good guys doesn't completely win.

And I will agree with the squad mate thing. I was a little sad about the size of the crew. BUT in the end it made sense. Smaller crew, easier to spread out the assignments.

As for multiplayer, I tried it last night. The one game I got to play (******* higher ranks kept booting me), I likes it. Though I have to ask, is there player vs player at all? Or is all horde/firefight style?

Locke
03-13-2012, 12:03 PM
You ask me that was an Oscar award winning ending. But that is me. Its nice when the good guys doesn't completely win.

And I will agree with the squad mate thing. I was a little sad about the size of the crew. BUT in the end it made sense. Smaller crew, easier to spread out the assignments.

As for multiplayer, I tried it last night. The one game I got to play (******* higher ranks kept booting me), I likes it. Though I have to ask, is there player vs player at all? Or is all horde/firefight style?

I agree. I enjoyed the ending. It should have been obvious to everyone that Shepard was not going to survive. Plus, it's a science fiction universe, so having a non-traditional ending should have also been obvious.

It's all horde, for now. If ME2 is the barometer, then I'd expect a significant amount of DLC, some of which will most likely be for the online. So they might add some PvP later on...

DisturbedShifty
03-14-2012, 07:22 AM
Found the true ending on You Tube. He says how it got it in the description.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPhWndG6EIY&feature=related

Spesh
03-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Hudson went on to promise fans single-player DLC, and that fan feedback will shape its content: "We have some really great multiplayer content and some really great single-player content coming over the air, (fan) feedback will become part of how we design that."

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1220712p1.html

Spesh
03-18-2012, 01:00 AM
Well, just got done with Mass Effect 3(actually got done a hour ago, but kept going back to check out the other endings). Took over 49 hours and was able to collect over 7k war assests(imported 2 multiplayer characters...but those only gave a very small amount of assests, disappointing).

My verdict on the ending: Outstanding. Chillingly brilliant. I have no idea what people are upset about. I REALLY appreciate that they not only give you a glimpse into why the Reapers exist but they clean up the mess they made in the second games ending(about why humans were being processed).
I suspect that Locke is right, people wanted some story book perfect ending. Thats not what this series has been about. This series has always been about making the hard choices and the consequences of your actions.

DisturbedShifty
03-20-2012, 08:25 AM
Check this out. This is a theory about why Mass Effect ended the way it did. Don't watch if you havent beaten the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lF4S6vHn_M

Spesh
03-21-2012, 12:37 PM
Check this out. This is a theory about why Mass Effect ended the way it did. Don't watch if you havent beaten the game.

Interesting theory, though i think its more of a brain teaser then what really happened. Couple holes in the theory, some minor and major.
Only one im going to point out is the fact that Shepard works with Prothean technology throughout the games that shuts down in the presence of indoctrinated individuals. There simply is no time for Shepard to be indoctrinated on any significant level, most specifically experiencing hallucinations.
Entertaining video though, well done by whoever made it.

Speaking of possible endings, its now coming to light that the lead writer of the first game had a very different vision for the third. He left the Mass Effect team to work on The Old Republic and i believe he has since left that to work on his books. To avoid spoilers for those that havent completed ME3, not going to post any real quotes, click the link if you want to read. Personally found it interesting....but much prefer the ending that Bioware went with. Believe Karpyshyn's ending would have been more "thrown together" out of left field while Bioware's hit upon a(or the) major theme of the series.

Will it help everybody to know that there's another Mass Effect 3 ending, mooted by former series scribe Drew Karpyshyn (http://drewkarpyshyn.com/c/?page_id=17) mid-development and canned long before release? Of course it won't. Here you go anyway. Watch out for series spoilers.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/39736/revealed-the-mass-effect-3-ending-bioware-canned-before-release/

Spesh
03-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Dammit! Hellfire and damnation! While linking the other story, stumbled across this one. Sadly(for me, because i thoroughly enjoyed the endings and the direction the series seemed to be going- and yes, they said there would be more ME games) Bioware seems to be making DLC pointed towards "correcting" the endings. Sometimes you have to wish Bioware wasnt such a good company and would rather just tell fans to shut the hell up.

"Building on their research, Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey. You'll hear more on this in April. We're working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we've received. This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue."

In case you hadn't gotten the message yet, this is an unprecedented example of a developer kowtowing to a game's fanbase. The ramifications for the industry as a whole are massive. We'll doubtless have more to say about it shortly. In the meantime - what do you think?

http://www.oxm.co.uk/39968/game-changer-bioware-will-add-new-mass-effect-3-endings-via-dlc/

Locke
03-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Dammit! Hellfire and damnation! While linking the other story, stumbled across this one. Sadly(for me, because i thoroughly enjoyed the endings and the direction the series seemed to be going- and yes, they said there would be more ME games) Bioware seems to be making DLC pointed towards "correcting" the endings. Sometimes you have to wish Bioware wasnt such a good company and would rather just tell fans to shut the hell up.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/39968/game-changer-bioware-will-add-new-mass-effect-3-endings-via-dlc/

I'll say it again, gamers are among the whiniest and most easily riled up group of people in the world. Honestly, I can't have a conversation with a hardcore gamer for more than a few minutes before I get the urge to insert my foot up their ass. It sucks that one of the biggest and most successful companies has to actually change their game to placate the horde. It sets a bad precedent. Hopefully it won't be too widespread, otherwise all the games are going to be designed with those sunshine and roses endings...

Spesh
03-21-2012, 02:58 PM
I'll say it again, gamers are among the whiniest and most easily riled up group of people in the world. Honestly, I can't have a conversation with a hardcore gamer for more than a few minutes before I get the urge to insert my foot up their ass. It sucks that one of the biggest and most successful companies has to actually change their game to placate the horde. It sets a bad precedent. Hopefully it won't be too widespread, otherwise all the games are going to be designed with those sunshine and roses endings...

I said it earlier in the thread, i felt this game's hype might be used against it. I dont think the backlash would have as bad had people not been expecting the "perfect" game. Personally, I find it absurd that people want some "happily ever after everyone holding hands signing around the campfire" ending. Especially taken in the right context: Mass Effect was never meant to be a happy story. This is a game where forced experimentation of children, genocide, and torture are common themes. This is a series built around the "right call" being personal perspective and that their might be unexpected consequences to even the most obvious answer.

The endings matched that pattern perfectly. You could get the specific issue you want, but it requires you to sacrifice something and it makes you live with the consequences.

Im going to be patient and wait it out. Im hoping that Bioware releases something that just "clarifies" the endings and doesnt rewrite them. I am annoyed and, like you, worried about them giving into what can basically amount to peer pressure. They seem to be willing to listen to the vocal minority and ignoring the silent(and i dare say mature) majority. It does set a bad precendent and could be used against them(and others) in the future. Not to mention this is all for not, because you simply cant please everyone.

Spesh
03-28-2012, 03:55 PM
New weekend challenge starting this friday. When they started these things 2 weekends ago, people got kind of blindsided and missed out on some good rewards. Ended up with the N7 Shotgun myself(damn thing is a shotgun/sniper rifle, hilariously overpowered). If i can catch them in time ill post them up so people have fair warning. Only for Xbox and PC at the moment, apparently Sony screwed the pooch :lol:

This weekends:

From 5pm Pacific this Friday to 5am Pacific on Monday morning, Mass Effect 3 (http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14235014.html) will take on Operation Raptor -- a bonus weekend full of experience boosts and bonus ratings.

This Bounty Weekend gives all players a bonus of 10% to their experience. Additionally, there are Allied Goals for all troops and Individual Goals which can provide Victory Packs and Commendation Packs.

If gamers across the world hit 150,000 Level 20 characters this weekend, everyone who participated can grab a Victory Pack reward.

Anyone who gets two characters up to Level 20 will get the reward of a Commendation Pack.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1221824p1.html

Phins28
04-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Just promoted my Infiltrators and Sentinels

Spesh
04-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Just promoted my Infiltrators and Sentinels

Did you get credit for them? I promoted a Vanguard and Soldier...then leveled them back up to 20 and promoted them again. Got credit and the packs(another shotgun, bleh) but someone i played with who just promoted two level 20's they already had didnt get credit. We are trying to figure out if this happened to others.

Also, new assignment up, basically just extra xp.

Allied forces have matched krogan mercs and batarians with asari justicars for unconventional warfare. Their mission: to create resistance on Reaper-occupied planets to tie down local Reapers.
All N7 Forces will receive a +25% Experience Bonus for participating in Operations in any Theatre of War against any foe. Good Luck!

Operation Beachhead is here, the next N7 Multiplayer Weekend!
Last weekend the community rallied to promote a record breaking 350,000k+ operatives in the field. This weekend Operation Beachhead will run from 6PM PST Thursday April 5th, to 5AM PST Tuesday April 10th on Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3.
Please remember to set “Upload Gameplay Feedback” to “on” in the online options to be able to participate in Operation Beachhead.
See you on the Battlefield!

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/05/operation-beachhead/

Thumper1016
04-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Are any of you guys playing online? My brother is looking to play with other gamers online but hasnt had any luck playing with mature gamers. Oh and he is on the Xbox 360 thanks for the help guys.

Locke
04-06-2012, 10:34 PM
Are any of you guys playing online? My brother is looking to play with other gamers online but hasnt had any luck playing with mature gamers. Oh and he is on the Xbox 360 thanks for the help guys.

If you ever see me on, just shoot me a message. I finished up ME3, but I'm always up for going back and doing the online with friendly people...

Thumper1016
04-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Thanks I will let him know.

Spesh
04-07-2012, 10:59 AM
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1222511p1.html

BioWare (http://games.ign.com/objects/026/026717.html) has announced free new multiplayer DLC for Mass Effect 3 (http://ps3.ign.com/objects/142/14235017.html). Available on April 10th, the Resurgence Pack will offer two new maps known as Firebase Condor, which takes place on one of Palaven's moons, and Firebase Hydra, which brings players to an abandoned quarian colony.

In addition to the maps, new weapons, consumables and characters will also be unlockable via reinforcement packs in the game's multiplayer store. New weapons include the Striker Assault Rifle, Kishock Harpoon Gun and Geth Plasma SMG. The following new consumables will also be available:

Strength Enhancer - Applies a melee damage boost for one mission
Targeting VI - Applies a headshot damage boost for one mission
Stabilization Module - Stabilizes weapons while firing and moving for one mission
Shield Power Cells - Shortens shield recharge time for one mission

The pack will also feature six new characters, including the Asari Justicar Adept, Krogan Battlemaster Vanguard, Batarian Soldier, Batarian Sentinel, Geth Engineer and Geth Infiltrator. Interestingly, this list matches the DLC content that was leaked to Facebook last month (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1220617p1.html).

Phins28
04-07-2012, 11:18 PM
Did you get credit for them? I promoted a Vanguard and Soldier...then leveled them back up to 20 and promoted them again. Got credit and the packs(another shotgun, bleh) but someone i played with who just promoted two level 20's they already had didnt get credit. We are trying to figure out if this happened to others.

Also, new assignment up, basically just extra xp.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/05/operation-beachhead/

I only got the packs, like you another shotgun the n7 crusader, but just bought one spectre pack finally got the black widow.

Spesh
04-12-2012, 12:41 AM
Operation BEACHHEAD eased the pressure on allied planets and freed up conventional forces that were being hammered by the Reapers. With these reinforcements, the allies can use RESURGENCE to target more critical infrastructure.
Anyone who has the Resurgence Pack multiplayer DLC operational during this weekend will be granted a Reserves Pack. A Reserves Pack unlocks one of the new random alien classes guaranteed.
All participating squads will earn +10% additional experience when playing on the Resurgence expansion’s new maps, Firebase: Condor and Firebase: Hydra.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/11/operation-resurgence/

Cassiopeia
04-13-2012, 02:44 AM
and i thought locke was the only one who was crazy about that game. i dont think he got up off the couch the entire first day he had it. if i didnt kick him out of the house, i dont think he would have gone to work.

Spesh
04-13-2012, 09:26 PM
and i thought locke was the only one who was crazy about that game. i dont think he got up off the couch the entire first day he had it. if i didnt kick him out of the house, i dont think he would have gone to work.

A day? I say you got off easy. I didnt do much the first week this game came out. Informed my friends and family to say goodbye and that they wouldnt see me again. One of my friends had to go out and buy the game just to continue associating with me :lol:

Spesh
04-26-2012, 06:28 PM
Finally got a new challenge up and running, plus new features.

Allied Goal: Kill 1,000,000 Cerberus Phantoms
Squad Goal: Survive until extraction on any map and any enemy on Gold difficulty.
Successful completion of the Allied Goal will grant all players a Victory Pack.
Successful completion of the squad goal awards a Commendation Pack to all squadmates.
Operation Exorcist will run from 6:00PM PST, Friday April 27th until 5:00AM PST, Monday April 30th. Exorcist will be available on PC and Xbox 360 only. Please remember to set “Upload Gameplay Feedback” to “on” in the online options to be able to participate in Operation Exorcist.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/25/operation-exorcist/

We’re proud to bring you this new feature to the BSN, which will allow you to inspect your multiplayer avatars without having to boot up your copy of the game. In this new manifest, players will be able to view which characters, weapons, mods and consumables they’ve unlocked in MP, and what’s more, you’re able to compare your stats with your friends!
To use the Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Manifest (http://bit.ly/I4BSC8), simply head to the BioWare Social Network (http://bit.ly/I4BSC8) and log in using your EA Origin Account you use to play Mass Effect 3. Once you’re logged in, you’ll be able to use the great features found in this new program to help you prepare for battle.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/26/multiplayer-manifest/

Spesh
06-24-2012, 02:00 PM
BioWare has announced that the Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut (http://www.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-3/Extended_Cut?objectid=14235016) will be available as a free download for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on June 26th in North America. In Europe, the content will arrive on the same day for Xbox 360 and PC but will arrive on July 4th for PlayStation 3.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/22/mass-effect-3-extended-cut-coming-next-week

Locke
06-24-2012, 04:07 PM
I haven't played much Xbox at all lately. I think it may be time to start up another Mass Effect triology run here soon. I haven't done a Fem-shep yet, so that may be in the cards...

Spesh
06-24-2012, 07:09 PM
I haven't played much Xbox at all lately. I think it may be time to start up another Mass Effect triology run here soon. I haven't done a Fem-shep yet, so that may be in the cards...

After all my bluster and vows, i started another ME trilogy run with the intent on hitting every single side mission in the games. And yes, i hate myself alittle for giving in. Sadly havent had time to jump on either, just been on for the bi-monthly challenges(and one night of utter frustration trying to play Kane and Lynch 2, which is one of the worst games ever made).

Id strongly recommend FemShep. When i played mine it gave the series a new breath of life. Jennifer Hale's voice acting gave the various situations a different light to them, especially in the first two games. While i have no problem loading up another male Shepard, i have been reluctant to play another FemShep because she wouldnt be...well, "mine".

Spesh
06-27-2012, 02:08 PM
ahahahahahaha. Well, tried out the ME3 extended edition ending. Before i talk about the actual ending, i'll mention something Bioware added.
So im playing one of my characters and, having just watched the "green" ending on another Shepard, i decide to just goof around. Walking around, randomly shooting ****, doing whatever came to mind. Then i apparently went to far. While shooting my gun i hit something i was not meant to hit. Why? Because apparently Bioware ninja'd in a 4th ending. Dont want to give it away but will say the unexpectedness of it was absolutely hilarious.

The other 3 endings were great. They gave the players extra dialogue options when talking to the "kid". Instead of being vague(which i actually liked) they kind of beat you over the head with the explanations about what "he" is exactly and what his motivations were. While i believe those of us on here who have spoken about it will go "yeah, thats what i thought", i have little doubt that the majority of the rabid idiot fanbase that spent months 1 staring the game on Amazon reviews will go "Oh, i get it now, they should have said that from the beginning!".
On top of origin and motivation "clean-ups", they added extra scenes on different planets to show the effects of the choice you made(Earth, Palavan, Thessia, Tuchanka or whatever the damned Krogan planet is). Probably the biggest plus in my opinion is they add a small "slideshow" at the end showing a handful your former squadmates or important supporting cast members(Major Coats from ME3 for example) and it hints at what they are up to now that the battles are done and what exactly is going on immediate after the war(including the fate of the Reapers). It also gives a dialogue of what the future could bring with each ending, with EDI, Shepard, Hackett, and Liara voicing the different outcomes. As well, they add a final moment on the Normandy with your current crew.

Now the bad. Despite what Bioware stated, they did in fact change the endings in two different ways. For the main one there is enough wiggly room for them to keep whatever plot they want in future games to still be relevant, but they definitely changed it from what fans were sobbing about. I was fairly disappointed that they gave in. It can still be salvaged for whatever they have planned for ME4, but its no longer the definitive statement it used to be. Shepards "story" before seemed to say to me that: "The Reapers are a huge deal. Things wont be the same because they came and things SHOULDNT be the same. In order to stop them the galaxy will have to drastically change".
Now it seems as though they are saying "hey, things have changed but give it a few and stuff will go back to normal".
The second story tweak was hinting at the fate of the Normandy crew. I dont have a problem with it(its more optimistic), but i really wish they had saved it for the "good" ending instead of giving it to all of the endings. No big complaint.

Id say this download was well worth it. My only real gripe has been mentioned and even that the Bioware team can move forward with easily enough. If nothing else, this free download gives you a more definitive look at your choices and a few more space battle scenes(just a handful but i thoroughly enjoyed the combat scenes before the DLC and certainly didnt object to more of them). If i had put a number on my response to it, it would be 85% pleased 15% annoyed.
Just a tip for those wanting to try it: Bioware suggests you load up a pre-Cerberus headquarters mission to get all the scenes. I played the regular game to completion twice before the DLC and for the life of me couldnt see anything new until after i started running towards the beam on Earth. If you have any saved files from the London mission, you should catch all of it with no problems.

DisturbedShifty
07-06-2012, 07:56 PM
ahahahahahaha. Well, tried out the ME3 extended edition ending. Before i talk about the actual ending, i'll mention something Bioware added.
So im playing one of my characters and, having just watched the "green" ending on another Shepard, i decide to just goof around. Walking around, randomly shooting ****, doing whatever came to mind. Then i apparently went to far. While shooting my gun i hit something i was not meant to hit. Why? Because apparently Bioware ninja'd in a 4th ending. Dont want to give it away but will say the unexpectedness of it was absolutely hilarious.

The other 3 endings were great. They gave the players extra dialogue options when talking to the "kid". Instead of being vague(which i actually liked) they kind of beat you over the head with the explanations about what "he" is exactly and what his motivations were. While i believe those of us on here who have spoken about it will go "yeah, thats what i thought", i have little doubt that the majority of the rabid idiot fanbase that spent months 1 staring the game on Amazon reviews will go "Oh, i get it now, they should have said that from the beginning!".
On top of origin and motivation "clean-ups", they added extra scenes on different planets to show the effects of the choice you made(Earth, Palavan, Thessia, Tuchanka or whatever the damned Krogan planet is). Probably the biggest plus in my opinion is they add a small "slideshow" at the end showing a handful your former squadmates or important supporting cast members(Major Coats from ME3 for example) and it hints at what they are up to now that the battles are done and what exactly is going on immediate after the war(including the fate of the Reapers). It also gives a dialogue of what the future could bring with each ending, with EDI, Shepard, Hackett, and Liara voicing the different outcomes. As well, they add a final moment on the Normandy with your current crew.

Now the bad. Despite what Bioware stated, they did in fact change the endings in two different ways. For the main one there is enough wiggly room for them to keep whatever plot they want in future games to still be relevant, but they definitely changed it from what fans were sobbing about. I was fairly disappointed that they gave in. It can still be salvaged for whatever they have planned for ME4, but its no longer the definitive statement it used to be. Shepards "story" before seemed to say to me that: "The Reapers are a huge deal. Things wont be the same because they came and things SHOULDNT be the same. In order to stop them the galaxy will have to drastically change".
Now it seems as though they are saying "hey, things have changed but give it a few and stuff will go back to normal".
The second story tweak was hinting at the fate of the Normandy crew. I dont have a problem with it(its more optimistic), but i really wish they had saved it for the "good" ending instead of giving it to all of the endings. No big complaint.

Id say this download was well worth it. My only real gripe has been mentioned and even that the Bioware team can move forward with easily enough. If nothing else, this free download gives you a more definitive look at your choices and a few more space battle scenes(just a handful but i thoroughly enjoyed the combat scenes before the DLC and certainly didnt object to more of them). If i had put a number on my response to it, it would be 85% pleased 15% annoyed.
Just a tip for those wanting to try it: Bioware suggests you load up a pre-Cerberus headquarters mission to get all the scenes. I played the regular game to completion twice before the DLC and for the life of me couldnt see anything new until after i started running towards the beam on Earth. If you have any saved files from the London mission, you should catch all of it with no problems.

What did you shoot to get the Fourth ending? I just shot the kid and now I have to do it again to go get the ending in WAS going to choose. Lol.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

Spesh
07-06-2012, 09:27 PM
What did you shoot to get the Fourth ending? I just shot the kid and now I have to do it again to go get the ending in WAS going to choose. Lol.

Right there. Shot the kid and got the "new" ending. Did the same thing: Loaded up a old saved game, worked my way to the ending, accidently shot the kid and then sat there and said "ugh...crap", then went back and got the ending i was going for.

Despite having to go back, i was cracking up about it, complete surprise. Apparently they also ninja'd in some other stuff that people are still tracking down. One is about the two engineers from ME2(Daniels and Donnelly), and another has something to do with a potential upcoming single player DLC about the "Leviathan of Dis"(hints about it go back to ME1).

Spesh
07-10-2012, 04:53 PM
For those still playing, crap ton of stuff hitting shortly:

Operation BROADSIDE puts our reinforcements to work by coordinating large-scale attacks against the Reapers on multiple fronts. The objectives vary from planet to planet and theater to theater, but the common goal is to develop a sustainable fighting method with a minimal loss of life.
Squad Goal: Extract at least one squad member against Reapers on Gold difficulty
Allied Goal: Extract 400,000 squads against Reapers on ANY difficulty
Special Circumstance: None
Squad Goal Success: All squad members awarded a Commendation Pack
Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack. Medi-gel cap increases from 5 units to 6.
Operation Broadside begins at 10am PST Friday July 13 and ends at 10am PST Sunday July 15.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/07/10/operation-broadside/

New multiplayer content for Mass Effect 3 (http://pc.ign.com/objects/142/14235016.html) will hit Xbox 360 next week. According to Xbox Live’s Major Nelson (http://majornelson.com/2012/07/10/content-coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-marketplace-13/), the content will take place on Earth and will be available for free on July 17th.

On top of that, BioWare’s Chris Priestly notes on Twitter (https://twitter.com/BioEvilChris/status/222698637761855488) that beginning today, all Mass Effect 3 (http://ps3.ign.com/objects/142/14235017.html) Spectre Packs have a chance of containing an ultra-rare Prothean Particle Rifle, as seen below:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/10/free-mass-effect-3-dlc-coming-next-week-2

Last month, leaked files suggested that Mass Effect 3’s next single-player downloadable content would focus on a rogue Reaper named Leviathan (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/27/leaked-files-hint-at-next-mass-effect-3-dlc). Now, voice actor Anthony Skordi has confirmed the content, telling Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-10-mass-effect-3-leviathan-dlc-confirmed-by-voice-actor) that he provided a voice for Leviathan in the add-on.

While BioWare hasn't officially announced the content, according to the leaked files the expansion will focus on Shepard hunting down Leviathan, a Reaper that has taken control of a mining facility and indoctrinated its inhabitants. BioWare is expected to make the news official at its Comic Con panel (http://blog.bioware.com/2012/07/05/bioware-coming-to-the-2012-san-diego-comic-con/) on Saturday, as the description says it will include “hints at upcoming DLC.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/10/voice-actor-confirms-mass-effect-3-leviathan-dlc

DisturbedShifty
07-11-2012, 12:13 AM
The Leviathan DLC is really intriguing. I wonder how it fits into the normal story line.

Spesh
08-09-2012, 02:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQWdfgqbHJc

Leviathan trailer starts at 1:15.

Operation OLYMPUS (August 10th-12th)
Increased Reaper activity has been reported around London. Operation OLYMPUS will focus large-scale strikes on the Reapers to buy the Resistance time to investigate.
Squad Goal: Full extraction from Firebase London using any Kit on any difficulty

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/08/08/operation-olympus/

One of the locations missing from Mass Effect 3 (http://www.gametrailers.com/games/1m1p74/mass-effect-3) was Omega, the hive of scum and villainy you first visited to pick up a few friends and make a few enemies in Mass Effect 2 (http://www.gametrailers.com/games/kbbl2v/mass-effect-2). There were dialogue options that hinted at a plan to retake the space station from Cerberus but nothing in the actual game itself.
Enterprising fans have found a few hints that Omega won't stay occupied for long.
As fans of the comics know Cerberus took Omega in order to guard the Omega 4 relay and force out Aria. But that was it: In fact you had to read the comics to get the full story.
Fans took apart the new Firefight DLC (http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/24222/mass-effect-3-new-story-driven-single-player-and-weapons-pack) to browse the code and found a few interesting hints. Several weapon modifications that aren't yet active in the game are tagged with the "Omg" location used in Mass Effect 2 to note that a specific item could be found on Omega.
Of course this is far from an official announcement but this same method was used to discover the upcoming Levithan DLC was on the way (http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/20931/mass-effect-3-dlc-to-seek-the-leviathan). And it seems odd to spend so much time setting up what would seem to be a fairly key mission without acting on it. We'll keep you posted as BioWare updates its plans.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/24809/mass-effect-3s-next-single-player-dlc-may-retake-omega

Mike13
08-16-2012, 11:16 PM
Leviathan comes out on the 28th.

Spesh
08-31-2012, 10:48 AM
Was going to wait until i had another chance to play Leviathan in one sitting. First time i played it it took me the better part of 6 hours because i dealt with constant interruptions and it seemed like content that you should do all at once. But my schedule is filling up rapidly and might not have a chance for alittle bit. Perhaps the fact that i didnt rush on here to talk about it is telling.

Short answer: is Leviathan good? Yes. Is it better than other Mass Effect content? Yes. Is it better than Lair of the Shadow Broker? Absolutely not.

Shadow Broker was a tight story that did alot of things right. While it was the usual length of a DLC, the content was packed with great writing and great combat. In Leviathan you slowly unravel a mystery. It takes a few to really kick off, and after every segment you have to return to "base" and go over what has happened and what to do next. While the writing is good(which is usual for anything Bioware does), the story suffers a bit from the jarring back and forth. There are a couple of moments that are clearly there for emotional appeal and they fall very flat. The combat is fairly difficult and there is an occassional multiplayer challenge cameo(escort the drone, carry the backpack). But, unlike Broker, there is no unique boss fights. The "boss fights" use much of the same fights from the regular campaign: fight off multiple banshees, fight off a harvester while lesser troops swarm, etc. And, to my great disappointment, there is nothing like the car chase from Broker.

None of that is to say Leviathan is bad. It does a few things very well. The graphics are brilliant, much like Brokers last level this DLC went out of its way to touch up the graphics. The various areas drip with personality. Im not talking about graphics wise, one of the beginning levels made me wonder if the DLC was going to be a horror game. Others have said it was creepy, for me it was extremely tense. You move your character around and your not sure if the NPCs are going to turn and jump you. Also, the levels are simply fun. Trying to run across multiple platforms while a skyfull of harvesters perform straffing runs(against you and various positions of the platforms) is hectic fun. And for those that were unhappy or confused with the extended cut ending, this explains more about it. Not particularly my thing(i was happy with the original endings), but i suppose it cant hurt others.
The final plus for Leviathan is its biggest one in my opinion: its fully voice acted. They brought back the majority of the voice cast. All squadmates and Hackett if i recall correctly.

For those itching to replay Mass Effect, go ahead and grab it. It expands the game, futher fleshes out the galaxy, and adds some much needed variance to the regular game. If you are done with the series and are simply curious, you should probably skip it. Its not a game changer. I could see those who have completed the game having a problem coming back just before the final battle to knock this out.
Oh, and for those that do get it, during the story parts talk to Vega and let him talk you into stealing a souvenir. Thing is awesome.

Spesh
11-26-2012, 05:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28UgSPUkAss

USSPhinterprise
01-17-2013, 04:06 PM
Still playing this game off and on, with all the new DLC that has come out...in the midst of OMEGA right now...Leviathan was great.

Locke
01-17-2013, 06:50 PM
Was Omega the last ME3 DLC? I'm hoping they have at least one more come out...

DisturbedShifty
01-17-2013, 06:51 PM
Was Omega the last ME3 DLC? I'm hoping they have at least one more come out...

I think there is one more.

Mike13
01-30-2013, 12:52 AM
Bioware tweeted these out

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/01/422899-1.jpg

That looks like Wrex.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/01/422901-1.jpg

Spesh
02-02-2013, 02:59 AM
"The day of reckoning is nigh! The Reckoning Multiplayer Expansion brings six new never before seen co-op story missions to the game and new co-op gameplay modes. It provides four new maps to conquer and hazard variations of the Earth maps. It also enables reinforcement packs that offer new kits for the salarians, krogans, humans and volus. In-game reinforcement packs now include three new weapons (Chakram Launcher, Blood Pack Punisher and Adas Anti-Synthetic Rifle)."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/01/mass-effect-3-reckoning-dlc-leaked-by-source-files

Spesh
02-21-2013, 02:14 PM
BioWare has announced the final downloadable content for Mass Effect 3 (http://pc.ign.com/objects/142/14235016.html) for both single-player and multiplayer.

When a sinister conspiracy targets Commander Shepard, you and your team must uncover the truth, through battles and intrigue that range from the glamour of the Citadel’s Wards to the top-secret Council Archives. Uncover the truth and fight alongside your squad – as well as the cast from the original Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2.
When the adventure is over, reconnect with your favorite characters from the Mass Effect Trilogy, try your luck at the Citadel’s Silver Coast Casino, blow off steam in the Armax Combat Arena, or explore and furnish Shepard’s own living quarters on the Citadel. With unique content and cinematics featuring your friends and romance interests in the Mass Effect trilogy, Mass Effect 3 (http://ps3.ign.com/objects/142/14235017.html): Citadel offers one final chance to see the characters you have known for years and rekindle romances.”

Priestly also notes that “for Xbox 360 users, the Citadel DLC pack will come as 2 downloads on Xbox Live. ME3 Citadel is larger than our previous DLC packs, so it had to be split into 2 downloads. The first pack is priced at $14.99 and the second pack is tagged as free. Players need to purchase and download pack 1, then download pack 2 at no additional cost. You can download pack 2 without purchasing pack one, but the DLC will not work. You will get an error message in game asking you to download pack 1. It will say ‘This DLC will only work in conjunction with Part 1 of Mass Effect 3 (http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14235014.html): Citadel, which is split across 2 downloadable packages. Please purchase Part 1 prior to downloading Part 2 at no additional cost.’ This will not hurt your saved game but you will not be able to launch Citadel until you have both packs. This only effects Xbox 360 users. Citadel for the PC and PS3 is in one pack.”

In addition to Citadel, BioWare also announced Reckoning, Mass Effect 3’s final multiplayer pack. Reckoning offers new characters including the Geth Juggernaut, Female Turian Raptor, Talon Mercenary and Alliance Infiltration Unit. It also includes seven new weapons including the Geth Spitfire Assault Rifle, Venom Shotgun and Lancer Assault Rifle, plus new equipment and weapon mods like the Geth Scanner and Assault Rifle Ultralight materials.
Reckoning will be released for free on February 26th for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC (February 27th for PlayStation 3 in Europe).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/21/final-mass-effect-3-single-player-multiplayer-dlc-announced