PDA

View Full Version : If St. Louis is willing to give up the 2nd overall pick.....

Roman529
02-04-2012, 02:48 PM
I was just wondering what you guys think it would take to move up from the 8th/9th overall pick to the 2nd overall pick, and would you want to consider making this move.

I am thinking besides giving up our first rounder (8th/9th overall), we probably would have to give up a second or third rounder, or maybe a starting player this year, and a first or second next year. I don't think we would have to give up as much as the Falcons did last year in the Julio Jones trade up with the Cleveland Browns?

The Browns moved up from the 27th spot to the 6th overall pick. Atlanta gave the Browns five picks (Their 1st, 2nd and 4th rounder in 2011, and 1st and 4th rounder in 2012).

Thoughts? Do GM's still use that "value scale" which I think was created by Jimmy Johnson?

datruth55
02-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Minnesota said they want to trade out as well. It would have to be a draft day trade so you don't get trumped but the cost would be cheaper to trade up to #3, plus I have no desire to help Fisher in any way, shape or form.

SF Dolphin Fan
02-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Tough question. I think for Cleveland it might be the two #1's they have this year. Miami would need to come up with more. Probably two #1's and a #2. By the way, I'd do that deal.

MiamiMuss
02-04-2012, 04:10 PM
If this was for Andrew Luck yes but not for RGIII.I think we are sitting just fine and honestly wouldnt mind sliding down a little bit to get some more pick(s).

lil tom digby
02-04-2012, 07:23 PM
RG3 may fall to Cleveland at 4, Washington, Miami and maybe Seattle are the teams mentioned the most when it comes to trading up. Since I'm praying Miami doens't try to move up, and Seattle may not have the ammo, Washington is probably the team they have to worry about. Hell, Cleveland may not even want RG3. I hope someone is willing to trade up for RG3, I just hope it's not us.

DKphin
02-04-2012, 08:12 PM
No way would I move up. The price would be too high.

LANGER72
02-05-2012, 03:09 AM
The only way you trade multiple 1st and 2nd round picks is for a proven NFL player.
Paying double for a draft pick is desperate and insane.
You wait and cross your fingers, or you trade down.

The Confessor
02-05-2012, 08:30 AM
How much?

Too much!!! If we have to move up maybe 2 spots, fine.

Moving up from 8th to 2nd would cost us the front end of this years draft as well as next years, and we have glaring holes other places.......especially the Front Line.....TE, FS, SS, Pass Rusher........

3rdandinches
02-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Manning or Flynn in FA

Then it leaves us with a lot of players we could choose from at 8/9....
Q.Coples
T.Richardson
D.DeCastro
M.Floyd
R.Reiff
L.Kuechly
C.Upshaw
etc....

or even a Trade back

Exuro
02-07-2012, 05:52 PM
Crazy Theory, St Louis trades Bradford for Cleveland's #4, reuniting him with his old OC turned head coach Pat Shurmur, and Fisher drafts this generations Steve McNair in RGIII at #2.

lil tom digby
02-07-2012, 06:01 PM
Crazy Theory, St Louis trades Bradford for Cleveland's #4, reuniting him with his old OC turned head coach Pat Shurmur, and Fisher drafts this generations Steve McNair in RGIII at #2.

If it keeps us from trading away the top of this draft and the next, I'm all for it.

finfan54
02-11-2012, 04:52 PM
I think people need to think about how long its been since we had anyone at QB with the talent RG3 has. Above that he is smart and has great character and work ethic. Those are the guys who are like Manning and Brady. Their winners.

There is no risk here IMO with someone like Philbin teaching this man. And what price is it really when you think about all the high draft picks we have had lately with no results to show for it.

ronnie brown????
jake long?????
Ted Ginn?????
We are talking about one player who's value brings the entire team respectability and other players wanting to be a dolphin. Suddenly, we would land key free agents. You can fill holes in free agency. You can survive without #1 draft picks or constantly picking in the rear. Besides, the holes are really not that big other than Right side OL.

finfan54
02-11-2012, 04:56 PM
and another point i wanted to make is that their is risk associated with getting manning, its a different kind of risk. If we trade up for RG3 and get him, suddenly, you have your 12 or 13 mil to spend in FA and you still have later round draft picks that Ireland has scored well with last year and year before. We have WR's and TE's you can get by with because RG# is such a dangerous talent and you combine that with Bush and you got a really scary offense IMO.

firemanx
02-12-2012, 06:23 PM
if we can swap our first & a third to move up to STL pick i would jump on it, but not for anything more